Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

General OOC - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Ser Varys, you're certainly giving me an example of how I should put more characterisation and detail into actions - I've been lazy about that so far.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 12:47 pm

The 40/20/40 roll will only be made if the bandit is able to get the spear out from the horse. If he gets it, he will have a slight bonus, since a spear is quite the counter weapon to a charging horseman and this makes up for the knight's better training in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Tonedyr wrote:
Ser Varys, you're certainly giving me an example of how I should put more characterisation and detail into actions - I've been lazy about that so far.

It's always good to have characterization Very Happy The credit isn't really mine, there are some really good examples of that in this forum that I picked up on.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm dying to see how the first combat thread ends up.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:13 pm

I've just noticed: Sir Nickolas' squire is named Robert. Sir Laurence's son is also Robert, and is "off serving as a squire" somewhere. Something of a coincidence - but Robert Stackford is further North (maybe somewhere in Ravenstern, I haven't decided yet).
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Uhm swing it in my favor? You realise Mesor is the one in the fight right not me? I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered if I'd met the sheriff, or started a fight with him.

I just wondered how a Knight is no better at fighting that a bandit since it tends to make the ranking system of soldiers pointless if it being a higher rank of soldier does nothing but mean different names on the equipment they use.

I just needed some idea of how the different troop rankings and equipment quality will influence things since so far in that fight it seems to have made no difference for the knight and I spent a lot of money on upgrading my regulars equipment expecting it to give them a pretty good combat advantage.

Sheesh can't even ask a simple question without people getting annoyed.

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Sorry, you just sounded a lot like him when his squire got axed. Razz

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:10 pm

No ones annoyed, the problem is emotional states aren't conveyed in text. So something I mean jokingly people take as an insult. Treat it like talking to women (in quiet fear that anything you say will be taken as an insult that their friends will berate you over)
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Hence why I don't have a girlfriend or a wife and why I joined the army.

I'm surrounded by a few thousand men and bugger all women lol.

But I was just curious, I would of expected a Knight to have some advantage over a bandit so I wondered why they are on equal terms so I can work out a way to adapt so my own Knights have the advantage in a fight.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Look at it this way: The spear is much longer, so the bandit strikes first, and has 2/5 chance of hitting. If he hits, the knight doesn't get a chance to strike. If he doesn't hit (60% of the time), the knight can strike and has a 2/3 chance of hitting (40/60). You then see that the knight has a much better chance of hitting, in the case where he can attack at all - it's just that his attack comes later because it's a shorter weapon.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Also lets not forget that it is not simple bandit, but rather veteran. I would assign him to rogue knight class(who are usual sight amongst bandits in small numbers), because of his armor. But hence even if it doesn't count because i haven't noted it before, he is still veteran of sorts.

Also @Iskar in my oppinion olaf should be closer to oaks, and bandits, since well who kneels from so far distance, but well i haven't noted exact distance so in the end i guess it's up to you.Also i think regulars should gain reduced chance to hit because Olaf is running which makes things a bit harder, and they are firing as quickly as possible, so once more, i think, it should be 5%-15% reduced chance.

However those are just my toughts, i understand that i didn't note some small things and i won't argue about this if you disagree.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Distance looks fine to me and I don't see any problems with the rolls and percentages.

Why would the archers have less hit chance? If you had ran while jinking left and right then it would be harder but you only said run and adjusting for somebody running in a straight line is simple so would cause no problems.
They aren't firing fast they are firing as normal, the speed an arrow travels is far greater then a running man so they have enough time for 1 shot before your into cover.

Also, rouge knights are completely different from bandits, at best thats a bandit in scavenged armor.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

The archer's no archer at all if he can't hit a target moving in a straight line.

Experience and "veterancy" doesn't really add up to anything. If a veteran bandit(used to raping, pillaging, looting, not fighting) would meet a knight, trained from childhood to use the sword and kill people, he'd have about one chance out of twenty to kill him. Armour doesn't really help him there, unless it's something extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 pm

I don't see a rogue knight being in a bandit gang being too far out of the ordinary, especially since in the game where this entire thing is based on it's a common if not regular occurrence.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

The bandit groups themselves I almost never saw knights in them but meh no matter, he'll likely be a dead rouge knight soon and I can use his armor for one of the militia to upgrade them.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

Does a normal knight have a crossbow or similar in this or melee only?
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 am

Nope, only adventurers(or order knights)have ranged weapons as far as i know.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 am

Or PC knights.

But no matter, sorry mate but you killed my squire it has to be done Smile.

Now to see if they will surrender or if I'll have to beat them unconscious before I get my bandit prisoners and to think if you'd just behaved yourself we'd probably be going back to Rebache by now and you'd be a richer man.
Such a waste Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 am

All actions comes with consenquiences.. but it's your decision.Also you are again rushing it. Bandit may crossbow one of your archers, another may get killed by Olaf's throwing axe. I know it's pretty much over, but don't say anything finalizing before gm actually allows you to kill somebody.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:55 am

But Olaf isn't attacking, his only action is to attempt to evade with an arrow in his back and another in his leg..... good luck with that.

The crossbow well he has his chance, we'll see if he get's lucky Smile.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:10 am

But you didn't order your archers to fire, which means olaf have enough time to draw one of axes, and while siting he has enough place for one hand to throw it. Which means he isin't dead unless you order you'r man to fire at him till he is. Which you didn't.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:39 am

How does he summon enough force to throw it far enough from a sitting position? Sad
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:47 am

Well certainly not very strong, but i think he can throw it strong enough to at least wound archer who is close to him, isin't he?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:04 am

First of all the "and kills Olaf" thing should be removed, for a) the soldiers know this man is the Sheriff and would rather capture him and b) you cannot just do it without a roll for a counteraction by Olaf or the bandits.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 am

Meh what chance does he have of dodging it?

But edited to just stabbing him.
I did order them to kill him if he betrayed us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next