Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

General OOC - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:46 pm

True, and I have terrible difficulty thinking of names.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Zekic is a genius! You got it Smile

First he was king of Ithaka, then he sailed off to Troia where he had his most splendid idea, then on the way back he met the cyclops Polyphemos and the sorceress Kirke that turned his men into pigs. Finally, when he returned to Ithaka he had to disguise as a common beggar before he could become king again.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 am

Have you given Yagiz the first 800 gold already, Alaric?

On a related note: It is foreseeable that considerable sums are going to accumulate in the purses of the mercenaries and the adventurers. Any ideas to get this money back in circulation?
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 am

Well whores won't work for Yagiz... I assume my men already come with some quality armor and weapons compared to their feudal levies... My accommodations are taken care off so I don't have to feed my men or horses...
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 am

I can't really think of anything for mercenaries to spend it on at all, part of the reason I'm after the bandits is to get more money because it's the only method I have for making some.

Maybe do a seperate list of upgrades they can purchase to fit them?
Like letting the adventurers buy horse armor but have it be bought from a baronet rather then a merchant to get the money back into lords hands for them to distribute out again amongst those who serve them.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 am

The money is the Mercenaries and Adventurers goal. They dont have a real reason to buy anything, it may be used to buy their freedom if they lose a battle but thats it.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:41 am

I was thinking about acquisition of equipment. When the baronets and knights buy it that basically mean they pay their armourers, bowyers and smiths to make the stuff and the prices they pay can be considered reduced ones since these people are their loyal subjects, so the lords actually only pay materials and labour and not the price on the market. The adventurers and mercenaries however are outsiders and need to actually buy the stuff they need/want. They'd pay double the prices listed in the IC-Materials and half of their expenses go to the lords as taxes.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:44 am

I guess that makes sense but like Sane said, the mercenaries are working for money and they get paid by the lords so unless they really need armor they most likely won't buy to much because they know it's just going back to the lord they got the money from in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:50 am

Well Merclans children are armoured and equiped, and unless Yagiz developes a sudden fatherly love for his bladesman its unlikely he'll be kitting them out.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:51 am

I don't think we should be trying to make the money circulate too much, except perhaps through battle loot. Remember, the payments the mercenaries get are still lower than the cost of their equipment (consider that even a regular has mail worth 500 gold), so they wouldn't make much money if they spent it as soon as they got it. No doubt the money will instead find its way into the banks of Sarleon.

Also, most of the allies who can be recruited with money have chosen sides. Bringing in more money is unnecessary, unless you want all the standing armies to end up with much better equipment. However, if you want to introduce more money at this stage, banks might be willing to lend to a lord who is known to be honourable enough and wealthy enough to repay, even if they lose.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:56 am

Fair point on the money.

As for banks, we might introduce this with the danger of the bank sending assassins or enforcers to collect the debt should the lord find himself on the loosing side.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:58 am

That would suck, it's one thing to be killed by another lord or something but the bank. The assasin is like a glorified repoman, except he takes your life...
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am

Of course, if they do send armed enforcers, you can always kill them and sell their equipment to pay the debt...
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 am

Along with their heads as a message saying "try that again, I dare you"
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am

Well, considering that dead mercenaries don't ask for more money, they'd probably be happy with that outcome - they get paid back (with dead mercenary equipment), and they don't have to pay any non-advance payment to their enforcers.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:15 pm

I wonder what happened in that study... Don't you want to indulge our curiosity?
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Judging by how merclan blew a fuse and baras almosthad an apopleptic fit it wasn't a whole lot of sunshine and kittens.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Yirimirs a beautiful lady
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Tonedyr wrote:
Well, considering that dead mercenaries don't ask for more money, they'd probably be happy with that outcome - they get paid back (with dead mercenary equipment), and they don't have to pay any non-advance payment to their enforcers.

Why else would Yagiz agree to half now half later. Because later he's likely getting a bigger cut.

Hopefully Bosley dies.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 pm

Quote :
William watched the Seph and Ealdred leave Rebache and then turned back to the surgeon. "Is the sheriff safe to wake yet?"
I guess this one is up to gm?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 am

Ah, well. What time is it in the scene? Day 3 evening? Based on the injuries I'd say Olaf will be safe to wake on Day 4, noon. He took an arrow to the back of his left should and one in his left leg. He will be limping and more or less unable to use his left arm in fights, but otherwise recovered since the blood loss was not heavy.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 am

I took a libery of writing it IC, hope you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:03 am

Not at all. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 am

*Ban hammer deploying* Razz
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:30 am

I took up your suggestions, Tonedyr, and we will have a number of things happening in the event, ranging from natural phenomena to unexpected visitors of different kinds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 25 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next