Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

General OOC - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:09 am

It is the size of hideout, so it could be compared to area where it is. Hideout is somewhere inside red circle.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 am

Wait, so the hideout is in Rebache? There could be a major political incident over that...
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:10 am

It seems that all Rebache is is a major political incident. There has hardly been a spare moment there lol.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 am

In fact, it seems the Iobairts have been very busy. I didn't realise until now that the knights sent to assist Sir Amhain were Rebache men, not Yaragar (oops). Oh, and since entirely in character I didn't expect to be marching my troops over other baronets' land, this may be a trigger for a battle. I haven't been told where the lair is, after all.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 am

By all means, go ahead and kill each other. I don't mind. Really.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:12 am

Which indicates that you're missing the value of battle loot. From this system's pricing, just how many thousands of gold could be had from a knight's armour? You may be in trouble if one side wins without too many casualties.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:16 am

Its a bunch of bandits. Remember how in game 99 percent of the loot was worth pretty much nothing? The heavy armored bandit was the exception rather than the rule. Besides, how exactly would I include baras in this without metagaaming. Maybe if psychozoa jumped in with his men, but the way this is progressing so quickly I doubt he could before it started,
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 am

I mean, if we're killing each other, which is what you said before. And no, I don't expect you to be involved - just saying that outcomes could prove significant. At this point it looks increasingly unlikely that the bandits will actually get attacked at all - crossing the border into Rebache with the force I have sent would likely cause a major battle.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:29 am

Its always a chance. A lot of it is up to chance like always. Besides, baras isn't stupid you kno, slightly shifty maybe but I have confidence in him.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:18 pm

There is already enough metagaming with Sir Iobairt putting Seph under his protection, while he barely knows the guy and would actually have no reason to care for a Rebache knight anyway.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:34 pm

I actually arranged that with him a while ago through a PM through my guards.

He's been working for me for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:39 pm

When have seph and the guards been away from ealdred?
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Ages ago when I sent guards to Rebache.

My guards passed on a message to him.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Ah, found it, though I still don't see an IC reason for your character to pass a conspirative message to a random knight he does not know.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:49 am

I also wouldn't say he's been working for you either, so far all he's done is gone with Ealdred and you to take down some bandits. He really hasn't pulled anything major yet, in the future I don't know. Also Iskar, wouldn't it count as metagaming to have others roleplay a character that is being roleplayed by someone else. Not critizing or anything, I know you guys are busy in the army but I want to know what the rules say about that.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:01 am

Hard to say. Technically it would not be allowed because everyone is responsible for his and only his character. However, if people are really busy and can tell each other what they want the character to do and if there is no conflict of interests, I would say it is ok to a certain extent, i.e. if it does not become a considerable percentage of the posts. If there is a conflict or overlapping of interests, though, I would say it is seriously frowned upon, because it raises unnecessary doubts about the integrity of the characters. In our case here one might wonder whether it had any kind of influence on the behaviour of Iobairt and his guards in the current scene that mesor played them at some points, whose character's only hope against Ealdred and the knights was the support of Iobairt's men. Therefore I would say: Do be careful to separate your character's interests and your own. Just because you discussed cooperation OOC that does not mean your characters would just as easily consider working together. They might even distrust each other.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:34 am

Well I picked him at random when I was using my guards, he was the first PC to approach them so he got the message, I just got lucky that his lords actions then went completely against Mesors character and pushed him away a lot followed by the current actions and... yea, he has a good reason to be pissed and I have a good reason because it gets another knight on my team for no cost at all.

I do 90% of my own posts as does he just odd times if one of us is on duty the other will phone them to ask what to do then do the post for them and we always double check each other to ensure neither of us is cheating.

Also we don't let OOC influence our actions, one of the first things we were taught was a strict code of honor and we take it very seriously in everything.

If he could offer me 50,000 denars IC to do a job and the job went again my characters personality then I'd still turn him down.

Also, he has not seen any of my PMed messages other then those sent to him and I have not seen any of this.
We only know whats in the threads and what we told each other everything else is secret and we don't touch it.
I doubt this will help but the words or old instructor gave us are how we tend to think.

No matter how bad things get, no matter how certain your death seems, never betray your honor because you have the single most important weapon.
Brothers who will die to get you back without thought or regret.
To betray your honor is to betray all those who would sacrifice themselves for you without hesitation and on that day to us you become a dead man walking.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:47 am

Well thats one part of it anyway, the stupid old man had a lot of similar saying but I doubt we ever heard them all before he stopped a bullet with his kidney.

But Broods point is that we will not cheat in any way shape or form because to do so dishonors us, our brothers and those who have died before us and we will die before we dishonor them.

If thats not good enough then we'll leave.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:28 am

How convenient he was picked at random...

Anyway, this has nothing to do with your regiment's honour or dying for anything. This is just a game and it has certain rules. Who has been doing what for whom has been a bit intransparent, but if you assure us that it's all fine, that should suffice. No need to die for it. I would have difficulties explaining to your lieutenant colonel that you died to prevent virtual dishonouring on the internet anyway... Razz
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:34 am

I did wait until you, Arceon and Mesor were all online at once, any of you could of responded to it Mesor just got to it first.

Honor does not stop when you take off the uniform, it centers your life or it's worthless.

Not a lieutenant colonel either at the moment, my platoon and 3 others are on detatched duty with a Major General. he doesn't like us he certainly wouldn't like you so good luck Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:36 am

To be honest it seems it would be very hard for Mesor NOT get to it first since you and he share a computer.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 am

some serious fellows right there.. but I guess I can only admire such dedication.

Though, honor is a pretty vague word.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 am

lol, oke a double post.

It seems the Archdeacon has now met with representatives/baronets of two villages and just made his position clear for the third.
Now, Ferrand might be a tiresome old man, but I simply cannot support a knight who was voted baronet by the villagers.. especially not after I told Alain (aranor) that it would be outrageous if a mere sheriff could become lord once he bleds for them. (William Grey, :p)

A wealthy merchant without an army and a veteran with a weak claim. I hope this ends in bloodshed.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 am

Well I'll send you a message soon, once this is dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 am

William wasn't a sheriff he was a Knight of the Lion and I pretty much knew you weren't going to support me, well I kinda planned it, since my character is a follower of Astrea. I thought it would be cool to have someone who didn't fit in with the regular mold of the area. And on another note, we have another Robert. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 28 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next