Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Event-Break

Go down 
+13
Sir Aranor
AxeMaster
Centurion1
Mordred
Aldric of Marleons
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Saeros
ScholarOfTea
dowpride
Kamos
Iskar
Pravenstern
Azlanek
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 am

This explains a lot. At least they kept the belts.

...Morrowind was good.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 am

I still play it every now and then Smile
Back to top Go down
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:16 am

wait wait, so let me get this straight. the reason all the guards in skyrim talk about arrows to the knee is because they took out knee armor in the game?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:51 pm

That's what it seems. Or better: they haven't even got the idea of making one. Perhaps, with the death of the Emperor, technology receded a little on those parts.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 am

Does anyone else seem to think that Bethesda just keeps dumbing down their games in order to appeal to the COD or MW generation? It seems like Fallout 3 and Morrowind were the last two brilliant games they made. Oblivion was okay and I havent even played Skyrim yet. Im scared as to what my opinion will be! Sad
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 am

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
Does anyone else seem to think that Bethesda just keeps dumbing down their games in order to appeal to the COD or MW generation? It seems like Fallout 3 and Morrowind were the last two brilliant games they made. Oblivion was okay and I havent even played Skyrim yet. Im scared as to what my opinion will be! Sad

I thought New Vegas was in many ways superior to FO3. Mainly because I thought it has a lot of a flavour that the original 2 Fallout games had (Which 3 seemed to lack).

Skyrim bored me, but open ended games don't appeal to me too much.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:

Skyrim, imo, is kind of like inbetween Oblivion and Morrowind.

And they have to, the devs would probably love to make more games like morrowind, but they are a company, and their job is to make money, so they have to dumb it down for the fps players and 12 year olds. I don't think that they are sell-outs, because they do still try, but they can't make it morrowind mature because that alienates a lot of people from their game.

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm

skyrim was a massive let down. Because nothing you do has any effect on the world. Bethesda always seems to fall short in the story and they progressively make less and less sense to me. How was the Alduin going to destroy the world? By raising dragons, but there still everywhere when you kill him. The worst he did was turn up in sovengaurd to terrorize the 10 people who live there.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 am

I learnt from Fallout 3 that the true impact of the game is through the exploration of interesting landmarks and the side quests offered by others. The central story in both Fallout 3 and Skyrim appear to just be a loose story that keeps the world tied together and give the illusion that something big is happening, while the real meat of the game is located around it.

It might even be best if those games had a central story going on over which you have little control; I had seriously hoped that Dragon Age Origins was going to do this with the blight; ie as you take actions in certain areas then the blight diminishes, but ignore a region for too long and it will begin to spread there but outside of this you have little bearing on the central story. That said, I guess this detracts from the whole "being the saviour of the world" spiel that these games live off of.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:56 pm

DrSane wrote:
The worst he did was turn up in sovengaurd to terrorize the 10 people who live there.

Lol. 10 people. Its funny cause its true! Even Morrowind failed epically on that front!
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 pm

How so?

In morrowind, Dagoth Ur's plan is to wait out in the mountain until the tribunal are weakened (its already working), the blight storms are his main weapon against the people, (negated by Ghostfence).

Dagoth Ur has been holed up in his fortress for about 400 years.. he's immortal due to the heart of lorkhan and is not being hasty.

Plus, the main quest of Morrowind is not supposed to be the main attraction of the game, its the side quests, the immersiveness, the alien culture etc.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Sir Aranor wrote:
How so?

In morrowind, Dagoth Ur's plan is to wait out in the mountain until the tribunal are weakened (its already working), the blight storms are his main weapon against the people, (negated by Ghostfence).

Dagoth Ur has been holed up in his fortress for about 400 years.. he's immortal due to the heart of lorkhan and is not being hasty.

Plus, the main quest of Morrowind is not supposed to be the main attraction of the game, its the side quests, the immersiveness, the alien culture etc.

I meant the sparsely populated settlements! I would shoot myself in the foot before I would mock Morrowind's epic storyline! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Oh I'm sorry, thank Astrea I did not call for torches to be lit Laughing

Look at Daggerfall, they had some pretty populated settlements, a regular city has over 200 buildings, but the detail makes up for it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Sir Aranor wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, thank Astrea I did not call for torches to be lit Laughing

Look at Daggerfall, they had some pretty populated settlements, a regular city has over 200 buildings, but the detail makes up for it.

And mods. They seem to fill in the gaps quite nicely too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Event-Break   Christmas Event-Break - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Event-Break
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2