Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+28
Sir Thash Kor
Alaric Reiner
MordKaiser87
tobberman
Sir Arceon
dowpride
Hetzau
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Psychozoa
MitchyMatt
Aldric of Marleons
Ser Varys
Kamos
DiabloDude
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Pravenstern
Sir Aranor
Datedsandwich
Tubby McChubbles
Laisha
Mordred
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Curanthir
Saeros
Slopsen
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

Just talking - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Its Orlando Bloom, if he asked me to dig a well I'd dam well do it!

He's so dreamy... Wink

speaking of thinking about mount and blade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PeNGsuAr8
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:40 pm

DrSane wrote:
Its Orlando Bloom, if he asked me to dig a well I'd dam well do it!

He's so dreamy... Wink

speaking of thinking about mount and blade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PeNGsuAr8

The point is not that he asks you to dig a well, it's that you haven't already decided to dig the well. Generally that is what people do when they are in need of fresh water and there is not a nearby source... they dig a well. That movie is entertaining, except for that part where they keep striving to add more merits to the character. I could accept him being literate and his strict moral code, but the abilities employed to defend Jerusalem were a bit... out of place.

The well digging is just painful and unnecessary. It was a fail on the part of the authors as they tried to make us think much more highly of the character.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm

I heard from a friend that the man orlando is based on actually tried to flee jerusalem, but couldnt break the blockade and was forced to defend it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
Allow me to ruin Kingdom of Heaven for you.

A (should be uneducated) blacksmith is capable of understanding siege engines, math, irrigation and is oddly literate. Also, for some reason no one on his estate thought of digging a new well until he suggested it. >.>

Dont worry ive seen it many times before. Only problem is I will probably just see the D'Shar trying to retake Ishkoman from Sarleon.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:53 am

The D'shar would need a Kurdish dynasty to lead them to victory. IE, Jatu.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 am

I felt like I was in 300 last night, only I was one of the Persians.

Syla Usas and the King of Sarleon

So...many...casualties... *sits in a corner shivering*
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 am

There, there Mordred.

*Gives a blanket*

Next time just kite a Jatu or Snake cult army to them. Wink

We'll all forgive you for the gamey tactic.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
We'll all forgive you for the gamey tactic.

No, no we won't. But we can be...persuaded to overlook it.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Quote :
Only problem is I will probably just see the D'Shar trying to retake Ishkoman from Sarleon.

So I guess the Battle of Helms deep is nothing else than Koningur Valdis defending Highcliffe Castle against the Dread Legion?

And I don't even know where Highcliffe is.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Isn't it the one in the mountains that the D'shar control, between the plains and the western coast? Or is that High Pass Fortress or some such?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

At this hour of the night, I don't really care. Not even my prepositions are correct.

But no, that's High Pass (remembered!).
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Mordred wrote:
I felt like I was in 300 last night, only I was one of the Persians.

Syla Usas and the King of Sarleon

So...many...casualties... *sits in a corner shivering*

Syla Uzas is a monster now. 250 immortalls, 200 empire knights, 100 shadow legion centurions... It took the entirety of the empire to just put down Ulric and him alone, it ended with me alone fighting the last 65 soldiers. Pendor has become much crueler
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Highcliffe is a wooden hall near a small lake, on the border of Fierdsvain and Sarleon.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:04 am

Since we're talking about Highcliffe, let me tell you about its (morphological) sister Wardenclyffe:

An announcement blatantly copied from the Oatmeal. It's so awesome that I can barely restrain my excitement: that big Western island some peole call America will receive it's first Tesla Museum! If this says nothing to you, you should be reading this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Quote :

In 9 days, we managed to raise over 1 million dollars to go towards buying back Tesla's old laboratory, and with the $850,000 matching grant from NY state this puts us at 1.85 million bucks. At its peak, the campaign was raising $27,000 per hour, crashing Indiegogo, and probably setting some kind of land speed record in awesomeness. Indiegogo put together this infographic showing some interesting data points behind the campaign.

So what happens next?

Even though we've already hit our goal, I plan on letting the campaign run the full 45 days. Every extra penny we earn will go toward restoring the property, building exhibits, and turning this land into something worthy of Tesla's awesomeness. The original goal of $850k was enough money to bid on the property, but it's going to take a lot more to turn it into an actual museum.

The non-profit behind this endeavor is beginning the process of working with the realtor to make a bid on the property. I'll post any major updates here, or you can follow them on Facebook and Twitter.

We've added some new perks to the campaign, including more t-shirts, hats, and posters signed by Tesla's last remaining relative.
I know I've said this before, but to everyone who donated: THANK YOU.

THANK YOU SO GODDAMN MUCH. WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A GODDAMN TESLA MUSEUM.

Exciting, yes?
Yes.

Hugs and goddamns,
-The Oatmeal

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:07 am

cool! glad they made it.

btw, is the Metagame demanding too much? Razz
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:11 am

In which sense? Did you read Frank Herbert's "Dune"? Since computers are not allowed, people (mentats) have to do the calculations only computers would be capable of. This is pretty much what our GMs do: they do with Aftermath what the computer does with, say, Civilization. So, yes, it's demanding.

Yes, raising one million in 9 days isn't for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:27 pm

more like: you guys are actively discussing it to a point were you needed a break.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 pm

I miss the days when all the orders just yelled at eachother.

Also Serious or Pravenstout, one of you give me Prav's orders, Keen McKeen has tea to sip.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:07 am

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-michael-kirkbride

Mainly for Saeros, but the rest of you may find it informative and outright confuzzling too. tongue
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 am

I'm back. (again) Will read through things tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 am

Welcome back! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:51 am

Welcome back Tubby!
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 pm

No more planned absences for a while now, sorry for the gap.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 am

Drawing from Ana's last post on the metagame discussion thread:

I know that the Dawn is having trouble with dissidence. Could/should this be extended to the greater game? I don't know the exact extent of the rebellion, but I suppose that there are two leaders: Aranor and someone else.

Now, wouldn't the other orders have the choice of accepting the legitimacy of either one of them? This has precedents in RL diplomacy, Paraguay's recent impeachment coming to my mind: some coutries accept the new president, while other still talk to the old one.

I mean, - only as an example: the Legion could support the Red Dawnite leader as rightful grandmaster and start making treaties with him, not with Aranor. Eventually the Legion could even allow the Red Dawn to install a temple or something in Cez, in exchange of help against the Snake Cult (who are also heretics!). This would make interesting diplomatic roleplay.

I'm not talking about Dawn's event in particular, but about the possibility of diplomatically interfering in other orders events.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 am

Those are dangerously heretical thoughts, ranger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next