Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

Just talking - archived - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:29 am

Iskar wrote:
Putting aside the fact that (polemically speaking) you got a whole academy for moving a large wooden shield, I anyway would not have talked about defensive engines (which is in fact quite boring) but about the mechanics of offensive machinery which is a bit more to talk about.
Take note that siege warfare also consists strategies used by both siegers and defenders, supply lines, actually building the siege engines, taking all kinds of accidents into account etc. And yes, becoming a principal for reinventing shields is kind of stupid.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Iskar wrote:
Putting aside the fact that (polemically speaking) you got a whole academy for moving a large wooden shield, I anyway would not have talked about defensive engines (which is in fact quite boring) but about the mechanics of offensive machinery which is a bit more to talk about.
Take note that siege warfare also consists strategies used by both siegers and defenders, supply lines, actually building the siege engines, taking all kinds of accidents into account etc. And yes, becoming a principal for reinventing shields is kind of stupid.

I must say, there was much, much more to it than "Reinventing shields" that landed your character that position.
Back to top Go down
Zero of Laria
Initiate
Zero of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 am

DiabloDude wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Iskar wrote:

I must say, there was much, much more to it than "Reinventing shields" that landed your character that position.

i agree with u
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:36 am

Although of course there is technology in Pendor for sieges, it is an underdeveloped field in the land, hence the Crown's interest in furthering development and understanding. I essentially meant it to mean that the Griffons got additional knowledge of siege craft and would therefore take less casualties in battles involving a wall.

Other Orders are of course welcome to send members to gain this information, and therefore have their own engineering corps. Entrance is determined by Pravenstern however, as the principal. This is another strategic layer in the game, and entrance to the academy is an additional resource that the Griffons have to barter. Expect to see more schemes like this in the future, because the Order's do not have "money" per say (though I still think they ought to), they need other goods to trade for knowledge and services.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:37 am

Oh my goodness, I did not want to create such a fuss with my suggestion...

Quote :
im saying it should have a discernible purpose. like maybe those who send someone to learn could actually benefit in some within their order.

It would have a purpose. Let's say several orders send some of their knights there to learn a bit about siegecraft, then this lecture could roleplay their studies (partially). In fact I study physics, too, and as my character is an archer and thus acquainted to basic mechanics he would be able to talk about the workings of catapults and ballistas with the interplay of resilience and flexibility as well as some applications of Newtons third law. Not all here are physicists and it might prove helpful to get a general impression what issues are to be given thought when using medieval artillery...

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:38 am

DiabloDude wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Iskar wrote:

I don't seem to remember doing much anything else other than helping Dragons to finish their siege engines?
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:39 am

final event is over!
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:31 pm

The Silvermist/Griffin event with possible interference from the Gauntlet should be up later this day. Thanks for being patient!.
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 am

The Legion event should be ready in 1-2 days, still finalizing some plans, this is going to be interesting to start.
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 pm

never mind

Last edited by wolfarmin on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:03 pm

really dude..............
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:07 pm

yeah really
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 am

Wow, i hold last post in almost every thread.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:30 am

Come to think about it, what would happen if, for some obscure reason, a PC would die during an event?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:36 am

If a pc died in an event, could he possibly make up a new character?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 am

That is the likely outcome, yes. The problem however may arise if they wish to switch Order, we would need to be careful how we decide on how to proceed and tae it on a case by case basis.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:41 am

Can I suggest "killing off" Darlion by having him join the order of Eventide?

No? Okay. Probably for the best.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:22 am

Well, that is your opinion Wink.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:49 am

I'll be taking a little mini vacation today everyone, so I can focus on relaxing and working on PoP4.

I'm still free for discussion with other event-runners, I just don't plan on posting.

Have fun, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:24 pm

I may go to Spain this saturday...
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 am

In 1 or 2 Major Events , if there is, or possible, i hope some great event kills of my character......
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 am

Why?
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:39 am

Leave a legacy maybe? Or maybe he just wants a new character.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:41 am

Haha, this is kind of funny. I can access 3 of the 6 RP events, and post in two. I feel like a mini-admin! Laughing

Haha, I just got the brilliant idea to do this on the Steam browser. I spend a lot of time scrimming in CS/CSS, so I'll be able to post in my down time. (Which isn't much Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next