Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:37 am

After meeting with Yagiz and Merclan, Baras had returned to his study and made a note to repay Nickolas for his loyalty and initiative. A short time later, the squire who had been at Rabache for days on end finally returned and reported. He walked into Baras's study with an air of defeat.

My lord.... I was unable to deliver the message.... He cringed, half expecting to be chastised.

It's fine Yorin, it all worked out in the end. Do you have anything else to tell me?

The squire did. He told Baras everything he had seen and heard during his stay there. Baras digested the information for several hours. The next day he summoned Merclan again, worded as a request rather than a lordly demand for his presence.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 am

Merclan quickly responded to Baras' summons, eagerly expecting his response.

(continued via IM's)
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:43 am

A sudden bellow cuts through peaceful morning from Merclan: ""You treacherous backstabbing moneygrubbing banker. To hell with you and your ilk." A sudden crash of pottery emanates from Baras' study, followed by the storming figure of Merclan rushing out of the holdfast, red faced and puffing. His children are waiting by the manor mounted and ready to go, he leaps on his horse and canters out of the village, heading for Belmonfaire.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:33 am

Baras's own tirade followed, a battery of language that the household rarely heard, even via the villages resident foul mouthed drunk. It was loud too, sending a few servants scurrying for cover.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:41 am

Day 4: Morning of Merclan's Departure // ?

Nickolas was in his quarters, awakened and attending to his traditional prayer. He begins to sing a hymn as he kneels down in front of a small makeshift altar. The altar contains a wooden figured carved in the likeness of a bearded man, staff and sword at his side. Flanking the figurine were dried flowers of multiple colors.

Hymn of the Holy Knight:

Nickolas finished his hymn and went into prayer when he was interrupted by a loud shattering sound emanating from the direction of Thedric's study followed after Thedric's own choice of thorny dialogue. Nickolas grabbed his weapon and rushed to the scene, sheathing it once he discovered no immediate danger was present to his liege.

The knight then inquired the cause of the commotion, "Baronet Thedric, what happened here?"
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Yagiz came up calmly carving an apple with a tired expression. Seeing the man ride away he takes a bite before speaking.

"Mara or Rana might be able to pick him off with a crossbow if you seek it Yagiz thinks. I have a bow as well, D'Shar arrows are good for beating armor."

His expression didn't alter at all at the mention of killing the man, instead he just carved off another piece.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Baras was pacing back and forth, his face pale in anger in contrast to the bright red of rage that merclan had been showing.

I am fine Nickolas, we just had a..... business disagreement. That is all.

For a moment it looked as if ordering the killing of the adventurer had some appeal before he shook his head.

No. I'm a lord. If I went about ordering the execution of everyone who cursed at me or caused me anger half of the barony of mobray would be dead by now. Self control will serve me better than a folish decision made in the heat of the moment.

Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Yagiz shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yagiz just offers his council. Angry old men make for stubborn enemies. Always have people to stab before the swords and arrows reach them."
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 pm

I'll make sure to remember that Yagiz. Keep giving me that counsel, its likely you know things that I do not and I am not too proud to admit it. Oh. This is for you.

Baras handed Yagiz a nandwritten contract detailing services expected and his payments.

Sign it and this is for you once tnings are "official". It sounded to Nickolas and Yagiz that this written contract was more of a formality than anything else, as he had taken the D'shars word as the main tie between them.

Baras kicked a small wooden chest by his foot.

It contains the first half of your payment as we agreed.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Yagiz took the paper and looked at it close and far in a near comical fashion for a good thirty second before scratching his head.

"Yagiz does not read. He does recognize some of the letters though. He must have Mara or Rana read it to him first."

And with that Yagiz briskly walked off to his lodgings to get Rana or Mara.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 am

After the situation was explained, Nickolas left a brief comment of what he would be doing for the time being, and resumed his prayers back in his quarters.

[OCC: I will be taking a break with Nickolas since he has been progressing rather quickly. I will likely resume when the other scenes are caught up timewise, but I'll still continue roleplaying my squire in the scenes he is needed in.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3