Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Order Tactics : OOC

Go down 
+14
MordKaiser87
Kamos
Wolfarmin
Curanthir
Saeros
Azlanek
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
SimplePlan96
Pravenstern
Sir Aranor
Centurion1
dowpride
Mordred
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:37 am

We fight in the name of Astrea, whether we are the New Dawn or the Dawn .

Last edited by SimplePlan96 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 am

dude take the RD name off
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:46 am

They way i see it from the lore and the rp is that the legion has the best defensive infantry, whereas other orders infantries are more offensive based. You want a place defended with infantry shadow legion is your best bet. If you put the KOTG behind us with crossbows or the silvermist behind us with their bows you have almost unstoppable force. Of course if you could then flank with dawn or eventide cavalry (Or both) then what you have there is an army killer.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 am

actually no if you want to defend a city you want it defended by koteg not shadow legion. if you wqant a hill held you want shadow legion, though therer are certian advantages to our dual threat
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:50 am

Centurion1 wrote:
actually no if you want to defend a city you want it defended by koteg not shadow legion. if you wqant a hill held you want shadow legion, though therer are certian advantages to our dual threat

Yeah forgot about the city thing. I agree on us being a dual threat.

The first thing the enemy sees is about 100 bolts being shot and devastating their men. The next thing they see is javelins when in range again devastating their men. Then perhaps they see the Koteg and the legion slowly advancing (the legion being in front with the shield wall and the koteg trying to fill in any major gaps in case the legion somehow cant all the while raining bolts on the enemy.)

I mean, if i was an enemy commander i would probably cry.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:12 am

I have been giving this some thought, how about the following?

Eventide
Zealots : Commanders of the Eventide can choose to rouse their troops to fight to the death, resulting in a significant boost to morale.
Intimidate : Knights of the Eventide are very, very good at scaring people. They can choose to intimidate their foes which will seriously dampen the spirits of their foes.

Dawn
Will of Astraea : If the Dawn flee from battle, their commanders can call on the will of Astraea and immediately rally any troops around them.
Lance Formation : Dawn riders are so well trained that they can form a wedge while moving at any speed, this is very likely to crush enemy formations.

Gauntlets
Advance Under Fire : The Gauntlets have learned how to continue to advance even under heavy archer fire. So long as movement is no faster than at a walk, they will take minimal casualties when actively defending against ranged attacks (note this will make vulnerable to melee / charges).
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 pm

Nice Mordread! I'm for it.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:01 pm

sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:08 pm

blek , its ok for the rest of the dawn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:16 pm

I am curious to know more about the Gauntlet mobility. They are super heavy infantry, pretty much like walking iron statues, so do they have limitations or move slowly on the map? How about snow, desert and rain?

To Dawn and Eventide: they don't flee and charge until death. That's exactly the impression I got from them in the game.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:37 pm

The Legion has very organization: highly trained men, excellent supply lines, very good morale.

A morale skill for the Legion: due to almost never running out of supplies and excellent starting morale + officers, these men would be extremely hard to break and would be immune scare tactics.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:41 pm

saerossaeros wrote:
I am curious to know more about the Gauntlet mobility. They are super heavy infantry, pretty much like walking iron statues, so do they have limitations or move slowly on the map? How about snow, desert and rain?

To Dawn and Eventide: they don't flee and charge until death. That's exactly the impression I got from them in the game.

They would move slowly, the weight of their armour and equipment would weigh heavily. Strategically I had not really considered, it is getting too complicated if I begin to work in movement rates. All Orders would have difficulty in the desert (except the Eventides who will have acclimatised).

@ Marcus that is reflected by the extra armour point you have for toughness / training.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Ah, well then the difference is significant. EG are iron figures, while the shadow legion are something between a light infantryman and an EG.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 am

supply lines, and officership depend purely on the intelligence and abilities of the players themselves. you cannot simply make it so you have good officers and your men are automatically well supplied.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 am

Not really. If you have LOTS of money and you have very good stocks, you can say it's pretty certain
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:25 am

Not in actual events. If you are the commander you are to take care of all the supply stuff and so on by giving real orders to be carried out. Yet if you send NPC soldiers on a mission the supply thing could be like a bonus for the calculations the GM's do to determine the results.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:33 am

Petty pleez? Sad

If you dont I will Mad
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 am

logistics rely on far far far more than simply money.

Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:41 am

Centurion1 wrote:
logistics rely on far far far more than simply money.

But you can only speculate as you dont know the command structure of the legion. Of course it relies on more than money but apart from knowing that we have lots of that particular resource you know next to nothing about the legion.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:48 am

And I know more than enough about supplying a large group of men with food and materiel. And I know that if you want to play in a rp you cannot just say, We iz suppliez experts. You need to actually be able to implement said plans. Not just say of my s-4 took care of it so i am just going to go cut off heads now. If you have no one in your rp group who can disseminate a rudimentary supply matrice you don't get to pretend you do.

At the end of the day we are all limited by our own physical and mental limits in rl.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 am

and we all know the command structure of the legion your commander made it public.............
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:55 am

Centurion1 wrote:
And I know more than enough about supplying a large group of men with food and materiel. And I know that if you want to play in a rp you cannot just say, We iz suppliez experts. You need to actually be able to implement said plans. Not just say of my s-4 took care of it so i am just going to go cut off heads now. If you have no one in your rp group who can disseminate a rudimentary supply matrice you don't get to pretend you do.

At the end of the day we are all limited by our own physical and mental limits in rl.

Fully agreed, except for the fact that physical limits in rl do not really affect your rp limits, it is only mental limits that count.
After all if you are having problems you can still ask orders which are friendly towards you for help.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 am

right i agree by physical limits i mean rl experience.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:09 am

Replaced as not to come off condescending.

Last edited by Lokloklok on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:00 am

Centurion1 wrote:

This is kind of making me uncomfortable, from your posts you seem to have a problem with the legion (Or more specifically its members) and i would like to try to reconcile things. Forgive me if i'm wrong but you seem to come out against the legion at every possible turn. Perhaps im the only one seeing this but i don't think it can be good for the roleplay for that to continue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Order Tactics : OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Order Tactics : OOC
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next