Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Thread

Go down 
+10
Iskar
Saeros
tobberman
Psychozoa
gansch
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Curanthir
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

OOC Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Iskar wrote:
Then they should have encountered the fight with the Amalan legionnaires from the mysterious ship on their way to Cez. Also, why was that fight carried on without another reply from Theo?
Um, no offence but I don't exactly understand what you mean?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Look at the map, the castle at Buillin (called Watchman's Redoubt) is south of Cez and the way to Cez from there goes along the coastline. As the mysterious ship has landed south of Cez, the newly arriving legionnaires and retainers, whom you had report to Marcus at the beach, should have encountered the Amalan legionnaires on their way and subsequently joined the fight.

Moreover, you did two subsequent updates on this fight without a reply from Theo in between, depriving him of the opportunity to react.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:44 am

Marcus led his men to the camp some time ago. The ship hadn't landed then and he didn't touch the subject in his post.

And yes, about Saeros, I thought he didn't have anything to say due to being quiet... He can post something now and I'll answer to it in a separate post immediately, provided he so wishes.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 am

Yeah, but the newly recruited ones arrived later and according to your own posts after the landing of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:48 am

The landing site is further north than the camp.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 am

Quote :
Then they should have encountered the fight with the Amalan legionnaires from the mysterious ship on their way to Cez. Also, why was that fight carried on without another reply from Theo?

I've just in from a meeting and will read/answer whatever needs reading and answering later; I haven#t even read the last RP post. For now, I'd just want to mention that it's ok, I wouldn't have written anything GM-useful about the de battle anyway (just a descriptiion of people dying and etc, but that can be done any other time).
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:51 am

I think Iskar means that you didn't get a chance to give orders for Johan before I updated.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:39 am

Everything is taking a turn for the worst, eh...?

Wasn't the legion charge supposed to be a surprise... or did they know about it? I'm sorry to put it this way, but how did the cultists even manage to get in formation so fast(knowing that they had just landed)?

I ask no edits for now, but I'd like to ask for more detail(to shed a bit more light) about what happened and why. Sorry, but to me the current posts seem more like lists than RP posts.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:51 am

I'm writing mine.

I remembered they phalanxed as soon as they saw the five Clarions coming. And at any rate the legion is good at making formations quickly (the best in Pendor, would I say).

...I should have made better use of those ballistae, Iskar. Lesson learned: next time we will build a maginot-like line of catapults and anti-ship equipment all around the coast. Never again will an invader thread on our beaches.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 am

You have seen nothing yet. Just wait until the Anaconda Knights attack.

The traitors took formations immeadiately and it took some time for your horsemen to prepare. I don't know about you but I believe that a unit will notice when a column of cavalry is charging their front. Also the camp is visible from other side of the bay so they assumed they would get information from there. Regarding what? It will come up later.

And Saeros: If your enemy builds a big line of guns, take a route around it.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:54 am

I'd also say that a sane man wouldn't charge in a thick formation, while being outnumbered heavily.

I will make sure to update my posts correctly, then...
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:56 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
I'd also say that a sane man wouldn't charge in a thick formation, while being outnumbered heavily.

I will make sure to update my posts correctly, then...
Which ones? I have counted the casualties quite far. And I believe your horsemen were rather exhilarated and they weren't that badly outnumbered from the start. It is Legion's poor Horse-skills that proved to be their undoing.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:02 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Wait, I thought the Legion's camp was at the beach near the landing site of the main cult force. Honestly, I'm slightly confused now, which is a bad thing, as usually I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 am

Iskar wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Wait, I thought the Legion's camp was at the beach near the landing site of the main cult force. Honestly, I'm slightly confused now, which is a bad thing, as usually I'm not.
Check the map. And is confusing you considered an achievement?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 am

Probably. Most likely it will give you +1 command when fighting Silvermists Razz

Anyway, the reinforcements reported to Marcus and I think he was with the main Legion/Silvermist force at the edge of the forest, not at the camp. So, if the reinforcements reported to Marcus they would have had to pass the landing site between the camp and Cez.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:58 am

Iskar wrote:
Probably. Most likely it will give you +1 command when fighting Silvermists Razz

Anyway, the reinforcements reported to Marcus and I think he was with the main Legion/Silvermist force at the edge of the forest, not at the camp. So, if the reinforcements reported to Marcus they would have had to pass the landing site between the camp and Cez.
Well, I don't kow if I ever get to put it into god use.

"By now Marcus had arrived at the main camp of the Legion, finding it in the process of a well-organized chaos. His men left on their business, some joining on the formation at the middle of the camp and some entering their tents"
Straight copy.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 am

I believe there has been some confusion regarding the location of the Legion's camp and main forces respectively. According to the map the Legion's main force is with the Silvermists at the edge of the forest facing the beach, but according to Marcus's post you quoted they are at the camp. IF they are in fact there, they'd have seen the landing Amalan legionnaires with their ship anyway, as you posted earlier that the Amalan legionnaires can see the camp from their landing site.

As this is a rather stretched out battle, everyone please do show diligence in keeping track of your men's whereabouts.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:57 am

I haven't edited their lines out of the map so that's why they are still there. The Legion is at camp minus the 50 horsemen. And I will treat them as having not really noticed the ship due to rain (blending in) and being focused on intense Shadow Legionnaire marching.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:59 am

So a camp full of Legionnaires does not spot a huge ship on the shore near them while the men on the ship fully recognise the camp as what it is and some Amalan shadow legion centurions see ten rangers in silvery-greyish armour (blending in) through the heavy rain while ten of Pendor's best human scouts don't recognise the centurions in their dark armour on heavy horses to be attacking them before it's nearly too late.

You did it, you got me confused again.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:20 am

The centurions scouted by the direction of the arrows coming. They took some distance from the formation (being behind) and went the general direction of the arrows and eventually spotted the Silvermists. And the Silvermists were focused on the battle itself and the centurions aren't that close yet. The grounds near Cez aren't really flat but not really hilly either

And no, they see a camp but don't know anything else. They have some intel that their objective is outside of Cez and a camp is a rather good starting place..

And yay +2 to command!

And seriously, Iskar, if you still have a lot to say, pm me or post it in the Event summary. This is starting to give potential spoilers..
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:47 am

Psychozoa: you have 40 immortals and you forgot the 2 centurions ad Silvermists.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:47 am

Pravenstern wrote:
The centurions scouted by the direction of the arrows coming. They took some distance from the formation (being behind) and went the general direction of the arrows and eventually spotted the Silvermists. And the Silvermists were focused on the battle itself and the centurions aren't that close yet. The grounds near Cez aren't really flat but not really hilly either

And no, they see a camp but don't know anything else. They have some intel that their objective is outside of Cez and a camp is a rather good starting place..

And yay +2 to command!

And seriously, Iskar, if you still have a lot to say, pm me or post it in the Event summary. This is starting to give potential spoilers..

Yeah, as if they'd even hear the arrows in the rain and with their helmets. Or even see the freaking arrows, TINY ARROWS, through the rain AND EVEN BETTER, SEE WHERE THEY CAME FROM!

Just admit it, you tried to create too many obstacles for us.

Contradictions everywhere. Disadvantageous positions for us due to godlike abilities of our foes. What more? Meteor strikes? Azi Dahaka!?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 am

Who said those arrows were noticed from the air? Many actually hit (well armors and everything) and when taking into account the direction the formation is going, it is possible to determine the direction they came from.

And which strategical disadvatages are you referring to?

Last edited by Pravenstern on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 am

I'm glad that we could actually attack them. MM hadn't allowed us to even see the ship. I'm glad we had that choice.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 am

I will change the post according to the Immortal numbers, but I will not write about the centurions and the silvermist.....I think it sound lame when I write and we have 2 Centurions and a "lonely" Silvermist Ranger.....the numbers are just to low to consider I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Thread
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next