Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:20 am

Bowing back to the ranger captain, Marcus answered:

"Yes, just wait a second..."

Taking out a pen and a piece of paper with some orders written on it, Marcus added a few lines to the very bottom of it and then gave it to Sir Aldor.

"Here. Give this to Centurion Catullus back at the center of our camp. He will give you 50 of our horsemen, armed with javelins and short-sword."

Smilingly he waved the rangers to gallop off. "Farewell, and good luck."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:29 am

Jareth turned back from Sir Mitchell and thought about his options.

"There is no other way, we shouldn't split up now." he thought while moving back to the front where his men stood at the corner of a house.

The only thing they could do was wait for the time. The Silvermist Scout was still not back and Eli and Finn were still scouting in their backs.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:18 pm

As Sir Jareth podered about his scouts five Silvermists emerged from behind a corner. Quickly making their way to Sir Mitchell, they saluted and started to speak.

"Sirs! We have scouted the possible escape routes. The north - and main - gate is the most heavily fortified. We noticed the soldiers doing something in the barracks but we don't know why. The west and south gates are also fortified but not as heavily as the north gate. The east gate, which leads to the docks, is completely empty but there is a confrontation between two small groups of Shadow Legionnaires. The other group was carrying a couple of wounded. The walls appear unpatrolled."

Sir Mitchell started thinking for a while before turning to Sir Jareth.

"What do you think?"

In the forest:
Theo of Janos hears lots of walking behind him. As he turns, he notices that the halberdiers have arrived.

OOC: You took quite a lot of time by going straight to the camp so I'll try to get Cez catch with that. They may influence the way things turn out there.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:53 pm

In the forest:

Theo turns to the halberdiers, surprised and trying to hold his anger: "What are you doing here? This is no place for polearms! You must move immediately to the Legions camp and report to general Marcus. You may be deadly in the field, but you must avoid forests at all costs. Remember what Barracks-master Aldric said: "always stay where your abilities are best used". Now go."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Jareth was still looking in the direction his scouot vanished when he heard some movement behind him. Suddenly 5 Silvermist Rangers appeared out of nowhere and approached Sir Mitchell.

Jareth approached them and greeted them shortly. With a grim look on his face he listened to what the Silvermists had to say.

"I think we should first secure the Castle. When we have Kyros Dux and his men we can think about reclaiming the City. If we split up now we might loose both and by chance our lives as well. We have no Idea how many men the enemy has nore can we distinguish between friendly and enemy Legionaires."

Jareth lowered his head a second before speaking again.

"But we have to Secure our only escape route as well. We send the Cavalry on the fastest way to the east gate to Secure it for us. If you happen to come across two Legionaires near the Market take them with you. The names are Eli and Finn, Eli has a scar just above his right eye which he covers with his hair. If you can't decide which of the Legionaires at the East Gate are Friendly then just tie them all up and keep an eye on them."

Jareth was looking at Sir Mitchell with a look of Insecurity. He was in situations like this before but never with so few informations about the enemy. He had to be very Cautious or they will loose.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:15 pm

The silvermists gave a small bow before taking off with the Clarion Calls and the 2 Centurions. As they disappear to eastern roads, you see the brigadier running towards you.

"Well Sir Jareth, this is the moment of truth."

The Silvermists makes his way to you through the rain to give his report.

"The troops atop the walls are suspicious of ús but haven't shown signs of hostility. The rain may have prevented them from shooting but cautious approach will be needed."

Sir Mitchell listens to the report with focus. And promtly nods.

"We will make our way to the castle gate and try to talk with the guards."

He then turns to Sir Jareth as in expecting his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 pm

"We have to move now" was his first and only thought.

"Men take out your shields and form a column. We march towards the Castle, I want you to keep your eyes on the walls and tell me if anything is suspicious or if there are fast troop movements."

"Sir Mitchell you stay inside the formation. I think it is better that you talk to the men on the walls. The Leader of the Immortals impresses more than a mere Centurion."

Jareth moved ahead of his men and took out his Shield and Sword. He looked up into the sky and felt the raindrops on his face, his only hope was to feel the warmth of the sun again on his Skin. He lowered his head and fastened the grip on his sword.

"Follow me." The only thing he heard from then on was the sound of the Rain on dripping on his helmet.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 am

You troops make their way through the rain to the castle gates. The gate itself is tightly shut but there a few troops on the wall, watching your every move.

I forest:
The Halberdier who appears to be in command answers to Theo:

"My apologies sir but we were ordered to report to the highest ranking official here who would be you. We will make our way to the camp as ordered."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:46 am

Jareth was taking a look around as they stood in front of the gate. He noticed nothing out of the ordinary, but through the heavy rain he could see very far.

They were standing a while in front of the Gate and finally Jareth found the words he searched for.

Jareth shouted with all his Voice. "My name is Jareth Meraxes of the Shadow Legion, Loyal to Marcus the Shadow Fighter. I am accompanied by Sir Mitchell, Grandmaster of the Immortals. We request entry to Castle. We have need to speak with Kyros Dux and we want to help him reclaim the City from the Snake Cultists."

Jareth bowed down and wrote something on a piece of paper which he then put into a pocket to keep it from getting wet.He crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked again back to the top of the wall.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 am

The soldiers on the wall heard your exclamation and started talking between each other. Finally one of them, a Southern Knight, emerges at the edge and shouts back.

"Why would we trust your lies filthy Snake Cultist?! You are all the same, always lying and deceiving! Those Immortal armors you must have stolen for they would not walk among traitors!"

He then stads quiet, waiting for your answer.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:48 am

Jareth didn't know the knight who appeared on top of the wall and talked to them. The knight spoke without haste but with a strong voice and he knew what he wanted to say.

"I can't threaten this one to let us into the castle. He might be the Commander of the Guards" Jareth thought.

Jareth raised his voice again."This is Sir Mitchell" Jareth raised his right arm and pointed at Sir Mitchell." Kyros Dux will know him when he sees him and so should you. He is an honest and loyal man, open the gates for him and let him explain the situation to your Lord"

Jareth turned around and approached Sir Mitchell. "Are you OK with that? I think its the only way to get inside the Castle."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:57 am

Sir Mitchell nodded.

"Don't worry Jareth. Rescuing Kyros Dux is our top priority."

The guard on the wall fell silent for a few seconds before coming up with an answer.

"While I cannot confirm your claim right or wrong, the fact remains that we won't let you inside the castle. I will alert our lord, Kyros Dux, of you. He will decide what to do with you."

He then turned to the nearest soldier and told him something your men are unable to hear. The man then rushes off along the walls
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 am

A little bit of pressure fell of of Jareth shoulder when the knight said he would inform Lord Kyros.

Jareth went to his men and gave his orders.

"Disband the formation.Split up in two groups and guard the big crossroads in the north and the other group the bridge leading here from the south. If anything moves inform me immediatly. If you are attacked retreat back here."

His men knew what to do and moved immediatly, Jareth turned around and looked up at the wall.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 am

Sir Mitchell nodded again at Jareth's commands before issuing his commands to Immortals present.

"I want you to form two groups of 19. Support Sir Jareth's men! The two of you will accompany me, Jareth and the Brigadier"

The soldiers saluted and did as told.

"Hopefully our low numbers help convincing Kyros."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Cez:
Some time passes before the soldier returns and whispers something to the Knight. The knight nods but remains silent. A few minutes later an armoured figure appears at the edge of the wall. With authority he speaks to the five men at the bottom.

"What business do you have at my castle! State your business or get lost!"

It is quite clear to everyone present that this is Kyros Dux.

The beach:
The landing continues with several ships crashing to the hedgehogs. Most ships made it to the beach but there were several casualties. The already landed soldiers were taking formations.

With the mysterious ship:
The man amusedly watched the ranger fire the arrow.

"I see that you have friends over there. No matter."

Before the ranger could react, the commander had hit him with the pommel of his sword. He then shouts to one of the legionnaires.

"Take him to the ship to be interrogated, his presence indicates that there are other orders present."

In the camp:
The force prepares to move towards the beach.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 am

The rain was pouring all the time while they waited. Jareth was already wet to the skin and it must have been the same with everyone else. He thought about his homeland, the burning sun and the sky which was always blue. He also thought about the happiness of the people and tried to remember them laughing. He couldn't remember the last time he laughed so much his stomach hurt.

Suddenly he was ripped out of his thoughts by someone speaking from the top of the wall. He looked up and saw a man in armor.
He gave a quick glance to Sir Mitchell and then looked back to the wall.

"This is Sir Mitchell, Grandmaster of the Immortals. I am Jareth, Centurion of the true Shadow Legion and still Loyal to Pendor. We were able avoid the Traitors and made our way here to assist you in recapturing the city."

He gave a quick look over to Sir Mitchell hoping for sign of approval.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 am

Cez:
Sir Mitchell nodded back at Sir Jareth and gave a sign to continue. But before the message had even been given Kyros Dux was speaking again, his voice booming over the rain.

"Your manners are severely lacking, punk. I am Kyros Dux of Cez! And you are trespassing upon my grounds!"

He then turned to look at Sir Mitchell.

"This man claims that you are Sir Mitchell. I recognize his armor on you but your face is covered. You could be just any Snake Cult spy that has stolen the noble man's armor!"

Sir Mitchell didn't hesitate to take off his helmet.

"Indeed, your honor! I am the Sir Mitchell you remember! We have gone through obstacles to get here! We have seen our comrades turn against us! I can guarantee it through my honour that this man tells the truth!"

Kyros Dux had clearly recognized Sir Mitcells face and voice as he listened to Sir Mitchell's outburst, and nodded.

"Very well, I will put some trust into your words. Let's see what this traitor has to say for himself!"

At the beach:
Most of the ships had landed, excluding those that had sunk. Theo noted the success of his hedgehogs with satisfaction. One of the men that was closer to the landing point grinned himself as he noticed a boat filled with heavily armoured men sink.

At the camp and with the mysterious ship:
The Taskforce has organized itself and is ready to move. Meanwhile at the beach, the colum of legionnaires has started to move toward the walls of Buillin Castle*.

*: The castle near Buillin. I don't know its name so I'll go with this unless you give it a proper name.
OOC: You should probably give a strategy for the taskforce.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 am

Jareth was cut short by the Outburst of Kyros Dux. He was yelled at before, "that part of being a soldier" his father always said. He was taught how to talk to Lords, how to make them like you or how to play them.

But he only ever saw one men as angry as him. His father once beat him so hard he couldn't sit for a whole week only because he didn't close the stables and let 2 of their best horses run away and then they were slaughtered by mountain Lions.

Jareth thought hard before answering.
"This man is loosing his City to traitors and he thinks I am one of them, I don't think I can calm him down, my only option is to not make it worse."

"I beg your apologies Lord Kyros, I am only a soldier and soldiers lack the courtesies of their betters.Jareth made a small pause to get more weight to his words. I am Jareth Meraxes of the Shadow Legion. I swear by my forefathers that Grandmaster Marcus and his men have nothing to do with the deceit. I personally can vouch for my men that they knew nothing about this attack. We are here to protect pendor against the Cult and we need your help."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:51 am

The mounted ranger that seemed to be leading the four knights and the detachmend offered by general Marcus rode forward and turned his horse, looking that the massed horsemen behind him:

"Knights, it is time to avenge our brother! Charge and destroy them all! For the Legion and the Clarion Call!"

He took his horn from the leather bag hanging at his side and sounded it loud and clear, being followed by the other four Clarion knights, being followed by a collective cheer of the 50 other horsemen.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 am

At the forest:

"Strategy is like hunting", thought Theo, "you stalk and wait until there is a snap, then you release the string".

He knew the time had come.

"I need 25 rangers with me. We will advance, volley the invaders, then retreat to the forest, where the rest of you will be waiting."

"If we are lucky they will think we are not dangerous and pursue us into the woods. The fenced hedgehogs all over the field should be enough to give us time to retreat safely."

Summary:
Theo moves forward with 25 rangers. Will cause as much casualities as possible and then retreat. Will not take any reckless actions yet.

Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:39 am

Johan arrived to edge of the forest and ordered wagons to slow down. They entered forest following the road and searching friendly positions. They started looking around and exited the road and started moving towards place where friendly troops should be. Johan was wet and thought what he could see there and was prepared to see the worst. Rain was the worst of things. It makes everything so slippery and muddy so that wounded will die from infection or hypothermia. He checks that all the wagons are following his.

(OOC: Road is the middle one in the strategic map. There are 5 wagons and 3 person in each.)
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:02 am

The horsemen arrive at the end of the bay. They see the enemy formation in east and 10 Silvermists in north.

Johan and his merry companions arrive at the lines before Theo has left.

Cez:
When a man gets older, he gets more patient. That was a lesson Kyros Dux learned when he was younger and has always held true in his mind. Thus, he listened to what Jareth had to say with patience and already had an answer ready.

"And where are your proofs, punk! Do you really think I believe everything I hear from soldiers!? Now tell me, upon what evidence do you base your claim!"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:26 am

At the bay:

The small band of Silvermists paused for a moment in order to figure out what was happening. They could discern, far away, a column of legionnaires advancing in defensive formation. From another direction, they saw a turma, also of mounted legionnaires, moving in offensive formation directly against the column.
Confused at seeing the Legion fighting itself, they soon realized which side they should take: some Clarion knights could be seen leading the wedge, with their gold and green fast horses. Understanding that it is their duty to protect the Clarion Call, they quickened their step in order to support them in their charge.

Summary:
10 Silvermist rangers move closer and fire as soon as they are in range.
50 + 4 horsemen charge straight on with orders to kill everyone.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 am

Finally here, Johan thought and walked towards a man who looked like a commanding officer. He then spoke:

"Combat medics ready to serve. I'm Johan Noadi and a leader to these men. Tell us where to go and we will take positions. Also, what's the situtation, are there wounded here who need medical attention?"
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

This old man was really getting on Jareth's nerves. Outside the City his brothers might be fighting already and he was stuck here with this frightened old man inside his Castle. Jareth mustered his Courage once more.

"The proof you seek is all around me. The proof is in the honor of Sir Mitchell and in the Honor of the Silvermists and Knights of Clarion Call which followed me through the City to get you out alive. They trusted me and I beg of you the same."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 15 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next