Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 am

At the forest:

Following Theo’s orders, Brigadier Olafsson abandons his position in the forest. He takes a horse and goes after the detachment of halberdiers.

Summary:
- Brig. Olafsson will lead the halberdiers to the Legion’s camp.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:31 am

Marcus sends out four scouts from the main base inside the forest on horseback to see what had come of the attack.

4 scouts on fast horses leave the camp towards the 50+4 charging horsemen - not following their steps, but checking on them.

Last edited by Marcus the Shadow Fighter on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 am

The horseman follows the trail of the horsemen and arrives at the end of bay just to see the squad crash into the lines of legionnaires.

I the battle:
The Silvermists manage to let loose only two volleys of arrows due to the limiting elements. The casualties in the Legion are scarce but still there. They manage to spot a group of cavalry heading their way but they don't know their origins due to concentrating on shooting, and rain, can't forget the rain.

However, before the cavalry hits the lines, enemy legionnaires let loose a volley of Javelins which down a few horsemen. The Hunter-riding Legionnaires crash into the lines first managing to get several kills before the heavier Clarion Call knights charge in killing a couple.

In the forest:
A Silvermist ranger appears next to Theo.

"Sir, we have received a word on the arrival of 15 combat medics in our lines. We are requesting orders for them."

In Cez:

Kyros Dux stays silent for a moment before bursting out laughing.

"You sure are good with your words, punk! Very well, I will give you the benefit of doubt! However, I would like to ask you, what are you planning to do after this!?"
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:00 am

At last, Kyros Dux was finally listening to him. The rain was as strong as ever but now it didn't matter much anymore. He was already wet to the bone. For a few moments he even forgot the rain. He only focused on what he had to do now.

"Our plan is to leave the City through the east gate. The Silvermists reported the North and West gates heavily fortified. Our Cavalry is on the way securing the East gate. We intend to move around the city and meet up with Marcus to defeat the main host of Snake Cultists. "

Jareth paused a moment to think. I can't just tell the Lord of Cez to leave his City to the traitors, I have to give him another option, we need his men right now.

"We also had reports that many Traitors are at the Baracks to the North and near the Chapterhouse, but we have no idea what they are doing."

I have given him all our information, now it's his turn. He has to leave the Castle to fight.

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 pm

In the camp:

Marcus hears a horse walking to his position turning around, he noticed a centurion behind. The centurion comes off his horse and gives the standard salute.

"Sir! I and 12 Shadow Legionnaires are reporting for duty from Buillin castle! Each one of us also commands 4 retainers! Thus the numbers total 1 centurion, 12 legionnaires and 52 retainers!

The centurion then falls silent.

The battle:

The Shadow Legion scouts watch in horror as the horsemen get cut down faster than they dwindle the enemy numbers. Over half of the group is still fighting but it's clear that they are losing.

The ten Silvermists hear the galloping of few horses. Turning to look at their left, they notice 5 centurions charging their way. They have managed to get surprisingly close due to the obscuring rain.

Cez:

Kyros Dux listens to your explanation intensely and replies almost immediately.

"You really need some experience, kid. If they have taken the barracks and your Chapter House, they are most likely looking for supplies and weapons, it's very likely that they are already making preparations for fortifying this city. And if they want to hold the city, they need to hold the castle. Escaping the city and leaving this castle unguarded is a stupid action like no other."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:45 am

On the north, the band of rangers was looking intently at the slaughter, waiting for an opportunity to move in or support their allies. So focused they were, that only too late did they realize that five heavy knights were charging at them. It was the worse possible situation a ranger can find himself in: charged against in the middle of an open field, with no trees, rocks or pikemen around.

At first they did what archers usually do when this happens: they packed together and all took aim at the same knight, so as to increase their survival chances. In a split second, however, one of them mumbled something, almost if whispering:

“It’s raining...”

With a tight smile – either from fear or excessive confidence -, the others nodded. Another ranger said louder what they were all thinking:

“Legs! Disperse and reband! Claymores out!” *

Suddenly, they broke formation and positioned themselves in pairs. All threw away their shields and took their claymores with both hands. Their plan: each pair would try to cut the legs of the same horse, from both sides to maximize their chances.

Afterwards, they would use the ensuing mess to disperse around the battlefield and sneak away towards the Legion camp, using the heavy rain at their advantage. It was very risky. But it was also their only chance.

Meanwhile, in the main fight, a horseman who was on the rearguard and could see the battle with some perspective realized that they were losing. This was bad news: since both sides were made of legionnaires, it is clear that the enemy was somehow better trained or had advantages so far unknown. He shouted as loud as he could:

“Our work here is done! To the camp!”

He is not sure whether anyone actually heard him, as he had no horn, or even a whistle, to draw the others' attention. Nevertheless, he retreated and started making his way back to the camp.

*. Silvermist battle commands are pronounced in Noldor (pending, Mordred/Iskar must tell me if that has already become canon).

Summary:
- 1.1. Silvermists throw off shields and use claymores two-handed. They will cut the horses’ legs and run away afterwards, using the time the knights take to get up (if horse is down) or turn around (if its not).
- 1.2. Then Silvermists try to use their “fleet of foot” and “move around the battlefield with reduced chance of detection” skills.
- 2.1. This is my last order for the horsemen. At this point the Clarions must be dead and I have no call on the troops anymore (they were at the wedge’s vanguard).

OOC: What they are doing may seem stupid, with only advancing or running away, but I’m trying to reproduce what happens when no commander is available to coordinate complex battle tactics. Mere rangers and knights don’t have much leadership experience.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 am

His neck was stiff because he always looking up and his voice a little bit rough because he had to shout at the old man all the time. At least his face was fresh and clean through the heavy rain. Jareth had anticipated the reaction of Kyros Dux before he said it. But now he had to come out of his Castle.

"Then come out and join our forces" Jareth shouted with eagerness in his voice. " We have 10 Legionaires, 20 Retainers, 15 Rangers of the Clarion Call and above all else 40 Immortals" He made a meaningfull pause." With your help we drive the Traitors out of this City with ease. What do you say my Lord?"

Jareth couldn't help but smile. He had no excuse now, he must come out and fight.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

In Cez:

If Sir Jareth would have seen Kyros Dux' face, he would have noticed a small smile. Only Kyros knows the cause but it would have been clear that it was a positive sign. Without further ado, he said something to the knight next to him. The knight just nodded and started giving orders to the men present who in turn started moving away from the wall. Some time passes before with a great volume, the front gate is opened a bit.

"You sure have spirit, kid! You, Sir Mitchell and that Silvermists ranger that is with, enter the castle grounds! If we are to take the positions, we need to make strategy!"

Sir Mitchell let out a breath he had been holding for some time. He then turned to Sir Jareth.

"I don't know how you did it, but you somehow managed to convince Kyros Dux of all people to listen to your plan. And during the years I have known him, that has been near impossible."

His mouth then curves up in a smile. It must have been relieving to hear about Kyros' decision.

"But this is a welcome surprise."

At the bay:

It is unknown if anyone of the horsemen heard the scout's shout but it was happening. The column was retreating. Those who had been de-horsed sought out new ones to escape. A few were cut down but the escape was successful.

The small victory for the Legionnaires had come at a price though. A third of their numbers had been killed by the arrows and the charging horsemen. All the while the horsemen had been reduced to half of their numbers*.

"Those bastards, they know we are here... Full speed to that camp! Before they get reinforcements!"

With the Silvermists:

The lance-formation of the Centurions reached their target unhindered and clashed to the two nearest pairs. The Silvermists struck with their swords. Sadly for them the Ironbred Stallions live up to the 'Iron'-part of their name. While two of their horses went clashing in to the ground, so did the poor Silvermists and the momentum of the charge. One of the centurions was lying on the ground unmoving under his companion's horse while the said companion was getting up and grumbling. Three Silvermists laid motionless on the ground while one was still standing but unable to hold his sword due to his hands being broken.

In Cez 2 (This happens before the other parts):

Eli and Finn were moving through the deserted marketplace with haste. They had a general idea of direction but the labyrinth of stalls and tables was very confusing. And that was before taking the rain into account. Around halfway through, the Chapterhouse became somewhat visible. The soldiers, however, paid it no heed as they made their way through the plaza to reach their objective. Soon enough they found their way to the edge of the marketplace.

However, they stopped near the edge, having seen the group get out of the maze. A closer inspection gave their numbers: 3 Legionnaires and 11 Retainers out of whom 2 were carried by their companions.

"Finn, it seems that we have found our target. What do you think?"

At the main beach:

To be made after the calculations...

OOC: I owe you all an apology for taking this long. I was just too tired last night to actually start writing. Not to mention having forgotten to count the casualties...

Last edited by Pravenstern on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:58 pm

At the forest (let's say this happened before Theo left for the first skirmish at the beach):

A Silvermist ranger appears next to Theo.

"Sir, we have received a word on the arrival of 15 combat medics in our lines. We are requesting orders for them."

"Yes" , said Theo, "tell them to remain at the rearguard and begin preparations for handling eventual wounded. Tell them also that they their presence here is much appreciated".

OOC: Sorry, I thought I had already answered them.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Jareth looked around through the rain. He could hardly see his men guarding the roads. Nothing was moving and the only sound he heard was that of the rain, a constant background noise, which in some weird way made him feel calm. He could trust his men, they were given orders to retreat to the castle if they are attacked. Now he must tell someone of the Castle Guards to let them in if they retreat.

Jareth got closer to Sir Mitchell and whispered to him."I still don't trust this Situation 100 percent. I go first and you two behind me. If we are attacked I try to hold them off as long as possible and you try to escape. You are more important than I am."

Jareth turned and then started walking through the Castle Gate.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Theo and his fellow Silvermists burst out of the wood. They see two units that could be chosen as targets for their volleys; A column of Infantry and a group of Light Cavalry.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:02 am

At the beach:

Theo is leading a band of Silvermists: "Rangers, take down the horses!"

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:32 am

Finn to Eli:

"I think," answered Finn slowly, as if he was not quite sure, "I think the best thing is to follow them and see what they're up to. Then we can decide what to do to them."
Finn drew out a javelin from his pack and peered out of their hiding place to follow the legionaries, beckoning Eli to follow him.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:00 am

In Cez:

Sir Mitchell nodded to Sir Jareth's concerns. There was some clear logic behind them.

"I understand your concerns Jareth and I can follow your plan if you so wish. However, I highly doubt we will need to escape or fight ourselves out. I have known Kyros Dux very long and he's not one for toying with his enemies like this."

In Cez, part 2:

Eli followed Finn's suite and took out one of his Javelins and held it firmly in his hand. He didn't know if they would need those but a Legionnaire never let his guard down, come hell or high water.

Eli and Finn continued to watch the troops' moving, waiting for them to get to a good distance so they could be followed unnoticed. The opportunity presented itself soon as the Legionnaires didn't stop to rest. Eli nodded to Finn and came out of the Marketplace and walked as quietly as possible behind the Legionnaires.

Eventually the front gate of Legion Chapter House became visible and that was where the moving group stopped. One of the Legionnaires suddenly drew a sword and pointed it at the open gates.

"Show yourself, who are you!"

With the Traitors:

The Shadow Legionnaire scouts notice the escaping column of Cavalry and start to move towards the camp to warn Marcus of this defeat. One of the scouts briefly pitied the men sent there. Not for their casualties but for their fate at the hands of their strict Grandmaster for their failure.

Meanwhile the surviving Silvermists proceed through their plan. Their escape is successful due to the Centurions stopping to examine the damage to their precious horses, never mind the slightly hilly ground

At the beach:
Theo and his men rush forward from the forest, immediately letting loose a volley towards the cavalry, as soon as they enter the range. The result is great even with the rain, several men fell from their horses due to the arrows. The Silvermists are too far away to notice anything specific about numbers.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:30 am

"You might be right, but believe me when I say that I will never give my trust easy. I was once betrayed by men I thought my friends. This will never happen again."

Jareths face became grim while saying this, he realized that he didn't even trust Sir Mitchell to 100 percent, he didn't know if he would sell him for the right amount of money or enough personal gain. He hoped he was the great man he came to know these past days.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:48 am

At the beach:

Theo says: "We cannot see them, so also they cannot see us. Let us make our presence here more clear." Then he brings his hand to his mouth and shouts:

"ARCHERS OF THE FIERD, RELEASE ARROWS!"

Hopefully, he thought, the invaders would ignore the presence of Silvermists for some moments more, thus underestimating the defending force. "Because no one takes Fierdsvain archers seriously".

Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:17 am

In the Forest:

"Allright, 5 with me and rest of you prepare to receive wounded, let's move out!"Johan orders his men.

Johan started moving towards edge of the forest with his men to see whats happening.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:55 am

Marcus had always been calm and collected, even when enraged. Lucius could only wonder at his commander's mental abilities - he had been shaken by the Snake Goddess herself, but still he managed to stay calm. This time, though, Marcus was so furious that only barely he managed to keep his voice down. "The scouts report that there are thousands - THOUSANDS out there on the beaches and boats, just waiting to land here and squash us like ants. We have 446 men, and the Silvermists have even less. The city seems to have been attacked by something - how could've they even moved past us? I cannot understand this. I need time, and there is no time!" Marcus exclaimed furiously like this for some time, and Lucius listened to every word. Most of the information he knew already, but some of it was new, like news of the city attack. Lucius soon stopped listening and fell deep in thought, forgetting his surroundings. He didn't notice that Marcus had stopped talking long ago, and Marcus had to tap him on his shoulder to wake him up from his thoughts. Lucius noticed a strange glint in his eyes; perhaps amusement or tenseness. Lucius couldn't tell which - he wasn't a psychologist. "Lucius, there is something I need you to do. It's very important." Marcus spoke softly, and Lucius noticed that it contradicted widely with the look in his eyes. "He's going to tell me something bad," thought Lucius, as Marcus already continued: "You need to go back into the city of Cez and gather any men that you find together. Get the city back under the Legion's control!" Lucius nodded, not expecting more from his Commander. But as he was about to turn around and leave the tent, Marcus spoke again, softer and gloomier than before. "And don't die. Please."

He strode along the flat road leading to Cez, bouncing up and down in his saddle. He had his sword drawn, a beautiful piece of metal indeed, sharpened to the point where it could slice and dice a grown man, his shield hanging loose in his left hand. The sword was blooded, and small droplets of blood dripped on the road as he strode onwards. He carried a Legion emblem both in his shield and his forehead, a sign of mutual trust between him and the Legion. They had had dealings in the past, him and the Legion, but of what nature nobody knows. Perhaps it was on the times before Marcus, the "golden ages" of the Legion as some have began to call it. You could not see what armour the man had on him, for he wore a cloak on top of his mail coat. Not even a single ring of metal was visible from under it, and no weapons were visible either. He was truly a professional.

Eli and Finn's story

Finn released a sharp hiss as he heard the Legionary calling out for them. He turned to Eli.

"Those must be our men. Who else would act with such arrogance in a place like this, except for its inhabitants?"

Finn rose up, still holding his weapons in his hands. As he began walking towards the legionary, he whispered to Eli: "Stay in cover. Watch my back. If I want him dead, I'll give you a sign."

He smiled to the legionary, greeting him: "Hello, brother in arms! Who are you and what are you doing here?"

(OOC)
Allright, to clarify this, Lucius is on his way to Cez and this mysterious character I introduced to you is a completely another guy. It remains to be seen is he on our side or on their side, but he surely is ominous - and powerful. PM me if you want to use him or have ideas about him Smile
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 am

With Theo:
Theo didn't know if the enemy had heard their shout but the arrows had been noticed. One of the Riders blew into a horn whose voice could be heard even in the forest. Theo and his fellow Silvermists let loose another volley of arrows immediately which took several others out of their horses, but the cavalry was on its way towards the mysterious shooters.

Unbeknownst to him, 40 Clarion Call rangers had just arrived at the main force's camp.

Eli and Finn:
Eli could only stare at Finn as he walked toeards the other Legionnaire. The soldier had looked at the gate, not them. Still it was too late as Finn spoke to the Legionnaire.

The Legionnaire himself loked surprised when he saw Finn. Immediately taking few steps away from the gate, he took his sword into position but refrained from attacking.

"Who are you!? Another one of those traitors!? Men, protect the wounded, this is an ambush!"

He spat to Finn. Finn noticed that the man also eyed the gate but there didn't appear to be anyone visible.

With Johan:
One of the healers is surprisd by the latter statement of Johan.

"Sir, are you sure we should go there? A battle may be going on there as far as we know and we don't have much fighting skills."

With Jareth:
Sir Mitchell remained quiet. He knew full well what it was like to be betrayed and what it might do to man. He gave a small look to Jareth and spoke.

"I know that this situation is suspicious but this our best chance of making it out of here. If they wanted us dead, we would already be."

He then thought something and continued to Jareth and the Silvermist.

"Shall we go in?"

Lucius:
The rain pounded against Lucius' coat as he galloped towards the South Gate of Cez. In his thoughts he was thinking about all that had happened during this short time. It was almost too much to take in. Suddenly snapping out of his thoughts he had his horse go faster. His commander's will needed to fulfilled.

Marcus:
Marcus' tent received another intruder in the form of a centurion.

"Sir, a column of Legionnaires have arrived from Watchman's redoubt. The numbers total 1 centurion (me), 12 Legionnaires, 67 Retainers and 100 Militia. We are awaiting orders sir!"

He then fell silent. Sadly, Marcus didn't have time to answer as another person came in, a scout, breathing heavily.

"Sir, the cavalry Force you sent was beaten and has retreated. The Legionnaires marching toward us have shown hostility. Estimated casualties are 24 Legionnaires and their horses."

The man fell quiet, but unlike the centurion beside him, out of fear.

OOC: OK, the Silvermist army is on their way too!
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:25 am

"Yes, let's test our luck once more."

Jareth started moving through the open door. He liked the moment the rain stopped as he passed under the Gate. That moment the world seemed a bit brighter and warmer. It might be a sign, or his was mind was just playing tricks on him. "I can't waste time thinking like that" he thought. He moved his hand towards his sword and let it rest on the Pommel. That was the only thing he had to concentrate on right now.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 am

Finn sounds impatiently, but relieved, as if a heavy burden had been taken off his back. Putting down his javelin, he takes a more friendly approach.

"Dear brothers, we are not traitors! How relieved I am to find you here, in the midst of this chaos - alive!" He smiled as if all worrying had left him, which was partly just acting - he did not let his guard down the whole time. He then spoke hastily, hoping in his mind that Eli would act if need be. "Who do you owe allegiance to? To Marcus the Grandmaster or the Snake Cult?"

Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:30 am

In the woods:

"I do not expect you to fight, only to carry the wounded back to the wagons. So you only need to run. I protect as much as I can. We wait near the treeline and be careful not expose yourself to enemy fire. When I give a signal one of you runs to get a wounded out there while I protect you. We do this as long as we, simple, isn't it? Allright, lets keep moving and get those men back to their families."

Johan knew when he left the camp that these men are no match to snake cultist but they were still best fighters and runners among the medics.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:23 am

"You need not to linger here anymore, Centurion...go and tend to your men. I will come as soon as I've finished writing a letter to Commander Theo, and then we shall move out."

"Aye, sir. I will leave immediately, and, I will tend to my men, as you have commanded me." The man turned to leave, but then stopped, as if unsure to say goodbye or not. After a brief moment, he compromised to turn and walk backwards out of the tent, bowing his head towards Marcus simultaneously. The officer next to him chuckled, moving towards his comrade to join him in the formation. He had big laugh-lines, probably a good joker(or if not, at least he laughed often), his skin was dark and he had almost pitch-black, natural dreadlocks which were often seen covering his whole face. It wasn't a great trait in battle - in fact, it could be a very deadly one, if the hair suddenly fell on his face during a battle, but it was a part of his religion. And it was his own hair and life - he could do anything he wanted with them, be harmful or not.

"Wait," said Marcus suddenly. The officer turned and bowed. "Yes, sir?"

"Could you wait until I've finished my letter the noble Silvermist? You can act as a messenger for now - it's important, and I need someone reliable to do it," said Marcus, attempting to imbue the officer with new-found courage - he'd noticed it falter as he had spoken of his mission. The officer smiled, but made no answer.

"Here. Deliver it as quickly and carefully as possible. Take care, Centurion," said Marcus, now standing up from his seat. The officer bowed his head, murmuring an acknowledgement. Then he turned and left the tent swiftly, soon followed by Marcus. All men except those with some special, important task were now gathered at the centre of the camp in formation. The air was tense and stiff, although it was raining heavily.

(Here's the letter:)
Quote :
Commander Theo.

I expect that you and your rangers can harass the Cult's troops and keep them locked on the beach for a small while, for we have one score to settle. We will discuss more when we meet."

Marcus placed himself at the head of the formation, a phalanx of the Legionaries, and issued a command to move out. Traditionally it was "ad signa", which meant "at the banner", but nowadays it was largely outdated. Marcus had used it at the battle of Stormcliff Cove for the simple reason of being able to differ from the commands their allies barked, but now that the whole army had grown together, there was no need for such things anymore.

During the brief march towards where the Amalan legionaries were supposed to be, behind the Legion and the Silvermists, Marcus decided their strategy. They had the numbers on their sides - a massive javelin-charge should do just fine, dwindling their numbers by a great many soldiers. It wouldn't be a problem to mop up the remainders of them after that, after which there would be an unit less to kill in this battle. As they arrived there, he ordered a full advance at the Amalan legionaries. Every legionary had their javelins drawn, ready to hurl them at their enemies when commanded.

The moment came soon, as the Legion reached javelin-range - 20 meters. Marcus barked the order, and every Legionary halted with a javelin in hand, aiming at the Amalans. Exactly three seconds later, four hundred and thirty javelins now flew through the air at the Amalan Legionaries, and soon after a second. Moments later a mighty roar filled the area: the Legion was charging.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:47 am

At the border of the beach:

"Wait", Theo said, "no one moves". The rangers stood completely still for one or two seconds. Then the commander completed: "It seems that there are horsemen charging our way. This is exactly what we want."

"So listen up: choose a hedgehog to stay behind and protect yourselves from the charge, but keep shooting. As soon as the enemy comes in sight, I want you all to act frightened and go back to the forest, screaming and running. Have your escape routes memorized to avoid unnecessary injuries. And remember: the enemy must think we miscalculated their forces and that are now running away."

OOC: No complex tactics for now.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 11:08 pm

With Theo:
The Silvermists comply to the orders and take positions. With some clearly aimed shots they shot down some of the charging and constantly approaching horsemen. They, however, did not have time for another volley for the riders became clearly visible and would crash within several seconds.

With Jareth:
Jareth, Mitchell and the sergeant made their way through the gate and arrived to the first yard of the castle. Kyros Dux was already waiting for them under a canopy with four knights at his sides. The brigadier tensed a little seeing Kyros up so close in an armor and a hand axe at his side.

"Ah, I see that you finally came. Tell me, Sir Jareth, what is it that you are planning to do?"

He spoke with clear authority that left no room for disobedience.

With Eli and Finn:
The man in front of Finn relaxed for a second but brought his demeanor quickly back. The sword still held ready he took a look at the gate before turning back to Finn.

"Do not lie to me you filthy cultist, I know your lies! Our brothers lay there bleeding from your swords and you play word-games with me!"

In his position Eli was growing a headache. This situation could only go worse if the man kept that up.

Wit Johan:
The medics nodded and followed Johan. The walk passed without incident but before they arrived at the treeline, they noted a line of wooden structures with Silvermists behind them. There was also the unmistakeable sound of galloping in the air, heading their way.

With Marcus:
The combination of Javelins and an all-out charge was devastating. Most of the enemies lay dead after the volley and the survivors desperately tried to regroup. They, however, could not stop the spearhead of Centurions and were utterly trampled. The commander had not been hit however and was desperately shouting:

"Come back here and fight me, Marcus! Or do you not dare, you coward! What a disgrace of a man you are, filth!"

In the northern side of the city:
A lone Clarion Call ranger approached his commander under the rain. It had been a hellish march but they had made it without incidents, which was a thing worth celebrating by itself.

"M'lady, we have arrived at the peninsula. The scouts have reported a dammed river east of us and beach ahead. It is full of armed forces but we can't tell their allegiation for sure."

Lucius:
Lucius finally arrived at the southern gate, only to find it closed. He tried to open it with a tackle but it was apparently locked. With a sigh he turned to look around and noticed legionnaire on the walls. The man had apparently not seen him yet.

At the camp:
A force of 100 Halberiers and a Ranger arrived to the camp only the find the main army gone. With only some personnel there their commander decided to ask around. He found that Marcus had already left without them to meet the enemy. The ranger was alreay giving commands to move before he heard a shout:

"We need a medic at the east tent number 7! We have an injured Silvermist!"

Growing interested, the commander gave orders for the column to keep position and took off to the direction of the shout. Arriving to a tent where-in he saw a man go, he went in. There were six more Silvermists inside and on laying still.

Snake cult:
later....

OOC: Sorry, it took so long. Apparently the best way to deal with a stressed teen is to pile mountains of work on them. Go figure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 16 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next