Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

District 1: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

District 1: Actions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:23 am

Dhez'ral's head snapped around upon hearing Celdiur's words.

What do you mean by "should you wish this preacher's safe return"? he growled. What do you know about it? Speak before I have my men arrest you!

Some guardsmen gathered around Celdiur, waiting for Dhez'ral's orders.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 am

Celdiur couldnt help but laugh at the captains outburst. Stopping to allow the guards to move into position around him, he turned to face Dhez'ral with an amused grin.

"Relax my friend! I merely ment to offer my assisstance in this matter. As to what I know of your situation, well, not much. Only what I have heard from loose lips around the marketplace".

He made to move toward the captain, however deciding against it due to the presence of many blades watching his every move. He glanced back towards the gates.

"Hmm, perhaps my entrance could have been slightly less dramatic. Ah, no matter. Where was I? Ah yes! It came to my attention that a rather popular preacher had arrived within this district. Ghalvas, I believe his name to be. Naturally this peaked my interest, being a man of the cloth myself. From the same source I was told that he may have been a relation to a certain Captain Dhez'ral, whom I presume to be yourself?" Celdiur stated as much as asked.

"I was informed of what time this preacher would begin his sermons and thus I arrived in due haste to listen to his message. He did not make his usual appearance and the gathering crowds pondered over this. My curiosity already heightened, it was not hard to notice the withdrawal of all your guards to this fine abode of yours. I followed and, along with the rest of the marketplace, overheard your rant about finding Ghalvas! And thus here I appear, a generous man of faith that offers his service in finding this man freely. Astraea knows that there are far too few acts of kindness such as this".

Celdiur paused to allow the captain to absorb his words fully. He began again, suddenly, as he realised one detail he had forgotten to mention.

"Ah, and where are my manners?! My name is Celdiur, my friend. Celdiur Moriendor, of the Eventide"

Remembering Illacus's words, he removed his gauntlet and held his hand out to the captain, awaiting his response.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:55 am

Dhez'ral's manor:

The Eventide, eh? Allegedly you fight for justice. To be honest I can use every man I can get. If you want you can help my men find the preacher Ghalvas.

Finally looking at Celdiurs hand held out, he added, accepting the handshake:

At least you know your manners when not making boastful announcements. How many men can you give me then?
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Celdiur smiled as he shook the captain's hand, content in the knowledge that he may finally be getting somewhere. He spoke up, somewhat more officially this time.

"My aid is given freely then, Captain. It is the least the Eventide can do to assist Singal in these dark times. Men you say? Hmm, I would have to confirm numbers with my lord Azlanek, but I believe I can provide at least a dozen or so. Perhaps even closer to twenty if they can be spared".

He paused, pondering, before beginning again.

"However, if I am to aid you, then a little more information on the situation would make mine a far less arduous task. Any little detail that you may be able to spare may prove the key to finding our missing preacher. A bit more about the man himself perhaps, or details of the surrounding area? My knowledge of this district will pale in comparison to yours".

Celdiur's voice lowered before he asked his final question.

"And between you and me, are there any in this district that would wish harm upon such a man as Ghalvas? Religion can be a contentious subject, I am well aware of this. But are there any who would take such offense in his message who would revel in his disappearance? I wish not to form conclusions already, but all avenues must be explored in such cases".

At that, a quick glance downward and Celdiur realised that his scabbard had loosened itself from his belt, and set about reattaching his father's coveted blade whilst he waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:27 am

I suggest you divide your men in groups of four or five. I will have each be accompanied by one of my men to provide the necessary knowledge of the area. As for Ghalvas, there's not much to know about him. He did not show up at the market square as he has done every day ever since he moved to the district and a patrol reports his house to be deserted but show signs of a fight.

I do not know of any enemies of his in particular, but then I cannot look into people's heads, so who knows who might bear a grudge against a priest of Vata. Anyway, just search the district for him. Perhaps someone has seen him lately, so you might ask the inhabitants. I already ordered my men to do so.

At this moment a guardsman approached Dhez'ral.

There are three men requesting to speak to you, Captain. They claim to be the new sewer guides.

Fine, lead them here, replied Dhez'ral.

The guardsman saluted and beckoned to the guard at the gate to open it. Seconds after Varys, Rocorad and Haruch entered the courtyard, carrying with them a sack, that obviously contained something roundish.

Now, what have you brought me? Dhez'ral greeted the newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Celdiur nodded in silent approval, satisfied with what little information he was given to work with.

"Then so it shall be. You will have your preacher returned safely, and in good health. I bid you farewell for now Captain. I return to the Chapterhouse to organise our patrols and to inform my Master of my intentions. May Astraea's light guide you in your mission".

With that, Celdiur placed a clenched fist over his chest and inclined his head respectfully. He turned back towards the manor gates and made to leave when a most putrid smell found his nose. Realising it was emanating from his three Brother Knights, a large grin spread across his face. He couldnt possibly leave without having a jibe at these "strangers" fresh from the sewers, now could he?

"By the Goddess men, you smell worse than Eyegrim's arsehole! Captain Dhez'ral! I truly hope that you promised these men some soap as part of their payment!"

With a snigger to himself and a sly wink at Varys, Celdiur made his way back out into the marketplace and made haste back towards the Chapterhouse.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:58 am

Varys sighed and walked up to Captain Dhez'ral. He opened the sack, uplifted it, and dropped the head on the ground.

"This was the head of a watchman of those dratted sewer assassins. I had to go into their base to get this, as I couldn't risk ambushing a group in the sewers they know. I suspect they are on high alert, as I didn't have time to hide the body."

Varys nonchalantly closed the sack, and tossed it onto the head as he awaited Dhez'ral's reply.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 am

Dhez'ral looked at Varys, at the head and back at Varys without showing any sign of commotion in his face. Finally a grim smile appeared.

You're hired. He reached into a purse at his belt, produced some golden coins and put them into Varys's hand.

You speak of a base? Tell me about it!
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:12 am

Varys cleared his throat, and began speaking.

"When I was down in the sewers, I began my search by sneaking along the tunnels, and by chance I happened to find the area where they were patrolling. I was wondering why the patrol near this area was heavier, and luckily, I found a tunnel leading to one of the entrances to the base. When I drew nearer, I noticed that the tunnel led to a large chamber lit by a multitude of torches. However the tunnel exit lay several feet above the ground level of the chamber. Crouching down so as not be seen from below, I dared a look into the latter - and I almost gave a cry of surprise. The chamber was in fact a large dome-shaped vault! It was filled with men in dark clothes sitting at tables, drinking and eating, some patrolling in front of the ground level entrances to the vault. There were even roughly made beds and sleeping rolls arrayed at the walls. Three tunnels led from the vault into the darkness of the sewers, but one other tunnel was brightly lit, though I could not see where it led. At the opposite side of the vault I saw a similar tunnel opening some feet above the ground - and within sat a man in dark clothes, a bow on his lap, obviously a watch-post. This was the man I killed, but someone went up to check on him. I left before that happened, but they will be on their guards now."

Varys finished and waited for Dhez'ral to answer.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Most interesting indeed. I'd bet ..., but no, we need evidence first.

I want you to join one of the groups that the Eventide will send here and scout the sewers near Ghalvas's house with them.

He dismissed them and started walking up and down the yard, waiting for the Eventide to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:31 am

After a short, brisk march from the Chapterhouse, Celdiur and his company arrived back in the courtyard of Dhez'rals manor. He removed his helmet and sought out Dhez'ral.

"My men, as promised captain. Forty one in total, including myself. Far more than I expected to be sure, though it is far from an unwelcome surprise. Now then, where to begin?".
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 am

Varys frowned. He had hoped to wash the filth from his clothes, but no matter.

Duty comes first.... he thought.

He stood in line with some of the Eventide knights, giving a secret wink or smile here and there, for those who had recognized him.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:36 am

Captain Dhez'ral ordered some of his men to accompany the groups of Eventide knights and squires as guides and soon most of them departed, swarming the district.

Then he turned to Celdiur, Varys and the knights accompanying Celdiur.

I should think you have some experience with finding out the truth as a priest of justice, Sir Celdiur, so I would like you to search Ghalvas's house for clues. My men have already searched it but Vata knows they are not used to proper investigations. Jalal will lead you there.
Jalal!

Jalal saluted, gave Celdiur a slight grin, and led them out of the courtyard.

They did not get far. The increased number of patrols, knights of the Eventide among them, had attracted even more attention from the people in the market square. A crowd had gathered from which agitated debating could be heard.
When the people saw Celdiur, Varys and their men come out of the courtyard, they approached them. Among them were several merchants they had seen before.

What's happening here? boomed the fat butcher with the crimson apron.

The old woman selling vegetables bopped her husband in the side, upon which he seemed to awake from a state of absentmindedness and asked: Yes, why isn't the preacher here and what are all these knights doing in this part of town?

Make way for the father, someone said and a short man with a considerable belly and a bald patch amongst his scarce hair emerged from the crowd. Celdiur recognised him as father Illacus.

Please, do tell us, son, what is going on here, he said to Celdiur. The people are utterly startled by these events and I hope you can put their minds at ease and dissolve their worries.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 am

Celdiur gazed apprehensively around the baying mob that confronted him wherever he turned, his thoughts racing, almost furious at himself that he did not see this coming. His gaze again met that of the aging Father Illacus, still waiting just as anxiously for an answer as the rest of the gathering crowd. Recalling the priest's question, Celdiur calmed himself and placed a reassuring hand upon Illacus's shoulder.

"Of course Father, they must have their explanation".

Celdiur began to push his way through the crowd, a few of his brethren in tow, and made his way towards the unoccupied podium that stood overlooking the marketplace. Upon reaching it he indicated for his brothers to stand guard before it to ensure that no over zealous citizen attempted to interrupt his speech. He made his way up the steps and onto the platform and turned to face the evergrowing mass that still called for answers. After a few moments of contemplation, Celdiur raised his hands to his sides, calling for silence to befall the area. Satisfied that his words would be heard by all, he began.

"Good people of Singal! Your attention please, I pray you! For you seek an answer, an explanation to the sudden and alarming events that unfold around us as I speak, and I will provide you with that knowledge, if only you but listen to my words!"

He lowered his arms now and slowly approached the front of the podium, aware that all eyes now fell silently upon his form.

"Yo soy Astraea, diosa de la justicia. Luchar por ella, y te ayuda cuando y donde puedo! The wisdom and commandments of our most blessed Goddess, most holy Astraea, are bestowed upon mortal man through these words, given unto us to guide us towards the light and to see us along the path of righteousness! For Justice, it is that my brothers and I fight. For Justice, it is why we watch over and protect the people of Pendor from the temptation of evil, and it is for Justice that the Order of Eventide is brought to your very homes this day".

Celdiur had relaxed greatly by now, and begun to pace the length of the podium with intent.

"Most among you will ask who this man is that preaches before you now. Let not your souls be troubled by this question good people! For what you see before you is but a humble servant of the light that casts the shadow back unto the abyss! I, am Sir Celdiur Moriendor, Knight-Chaplain of the most benevolent Order of Eventide, and a servant of the divine will of our most holy mother Astraea, of the most honourable Lord Azlanek of Tantal, and of his grace, King Mordred Adalhard I, long may he reign over this great land!"

Another pause, another moments thought, before continuing.

"My friends, it is with great regret and sadness that your daily lives must be intruded upon so brashly and without warning! But it is for the most just of intentions that my brothers and I, along with the brave men and women of the City Guard, bring apprehension and worry to weigh upon your conscience, for the situation is grave indeed. The man to whom this podium was granted, the most just Ghalvas, servant of Vata, has vanished from this area, leaving not a clue or trace as to his whereabouts or his condition. It is my personal belief, though far from my hope, that a foul and unholy presence has brought great danger upon this most holy servant of the Horse God of the Shavanir Desert!"

Celdiur observed panic stricken faces amongst the crowd as heads turned to those beside them, fearful whispers passed from mouth to mouth. He moved quickly to combat such fears.

"Ghalvas, though but one man, has worked tirelessly to bring the enlightening words of his faith unto the people of this fine city, in hope that they may aid all to better themselves and work together toward a greater good. A noble man who's cause was righteous, a man that wished only to aid others, and a man that we cannot, will not stand idly by and allow to succumb to such a fate! Of a different faith and creed to the Eventide, of I, may he belong, but one that works as we do to bring the words of justice and of the light to bear upon the people of this world, and it is the will of Astraea herself that such men must remain until their most holy duties are concluded. And that, good people, is what brings this sudden surge of military presence to your district!".

Celdiur returned to the center of the podium and turned to face the crowd.

"I pray of you, citizens of Singal, to be not afraid of our actions these coming days, for we wish no harm to befall the majority among you who live good, honest lives! Do not impeed our progress, aid us in anyway you can, and if any among you have information regarding our task then please, for the love of Astraea, come forward and be heard. The information you hold unto yourselves could be the crucial difference in preventing the death of a good man undeserving of it, and for that the Goddess will forever smile upon you and those whom you hold dear! Puede siempre tomar el sol en la luz de la diosa, amada de Astraea! Go now good people, be about your business, and may the Goddess watch over you always!"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:16 am

The crowd seemed calmed down for the moment. Some even seemed to be happy that a knighthood order now helped to keep order in their district. The people dispersed again, returning to their usual haggling and bartering. When Celdiur stepped down from the podium father Illacus was waiting for him.

Well spoken, son, he said. I see your cause is truly noble and just. If I can do anything to help, I'd gladly oblige. I am known throughout the district and might get information from the people easier than the average watchman or your knights who are still strangers to the people here.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:15 am

"It was the least that these people deserved to hear, Father. Astraea knows that the citizens if Singal have suffered too long under the shadow of fear and oppression. No longer can the Eventide allow itself to hide in the shadows and turn a blind eye to the suffering around us. The world must know our true nature as knights of a most holy cause".

Celdiur paused for a moment and gazed empathetically at the common folk that crowded the marketplace. "They must know that we stand with them".

He turned back to Father Illacus.

"I thank you, Father, for your aid would be most appreciated. I have no doubts that you are well known and respected around these parts. The people will feel far more willing to offer their information to you. If you cannot find me for whatever reason then confer what you have learned to Captain Dhez'ral. I will return often to share what knowledge I have gained with him".

Celdiur reached down to his sword belt and unsheathed the mace that he always carried as his sidearm.

"I would urge you to be cautious though, Illacus. If some fowl presence is indeed at work here then I doubt it will be welcoming to any of us. Here, I offer you this for your own protection. I know that men such as we are loathe to shed blood, but we must do what is necessary to continue our good works".

Celdiur held the mace out to Illacus, awaiting his answer.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:44 am

Illacus took the mace and weighed it in his hand.

A proper priest's weapon, he said with a wink. So, what am I looking for in particular? Any suspicions where Ghalvas could have been taken?
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Celdiur glanced around the marketplace, deep in thought.

"Where to begin, I am not entirely sure myself. For now, I believe the best I can ask of you is to walk amongst the people and learn what you can, Father. From what I have seen and heard you are well known and respected in these parts, and thus if there is any one man that the people will share their information with, it is you."

He turned now to Varys.

"Unless of course you have further input my friend? Perhaps you may suggest a better course of action?"

Celdiur slowly placed his plumed helm upon his head, before reaching for the symbol of the Goddess that hung around his neck, offering a silent prayer for guidance and success.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Varys shrugged.

"I see no fault in your plan, ser," he said amicably.

"However, may I ask for your leave? I wish to clean the filth off of my person, for I fear it always creeps up on me in secret. If you would like to meet later, simply send word. If you would look for a place to stay, I recommend the Rat and the Rabble, but I fear it is quite empty at midnight. I hope you understand my need for cleanliness. I must be going, though, as I feel like nodding off."

Varys nodded, and said, "May I take my leave?"

It seemed as if Varys put emphasis on some words, and was awaiting some sort of reply.

Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:20 pm

<This space left as intentionally blank as Celdiur's mind whilst trying to comprehend what the fuck just happened> Very Happy

Celdiur grinned. A slight incline of his head was noticable even through his helm.

"Of course Varys. I understand entirely your need to wash the filth of the sewers from your body. No ones going to come to us with information with you smelling like cow's arse!".

He turned back to Father Illacus.

"In the mean time though I would like to make haste with the task at hand. Father, direct me to the home of this Ghalvas, if you will. Knowing more of the man himself may shed some light as to his predicament".
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Varys turned and left with his small amount of men. As he headed towards the Rat and the Rabble, he grinned.

'Now, time to clean this filth off and await Celduir.'
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:29 am

At the market square/ At Ghalvas's house:

Certainly, son.

Father Illacus fastened the mace at his belt and led their small party to Ghalvas's house, which turned out to be a narrow two-storey building. A watchman was standing guard at the door, but stepped aside as he saw the other watchmen accompanying Celdiur.
Inside was a mess, that obviously originated from a fight that had taken place, but had even gotten worse when the watchmen "investigated" the house.

Last edited by Iskar on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 am

At the 'Rat and Rabble':

When Varys and his men had washed the stench and dirt of the sewers from their clothes and bodies he ventured into the taproom again. Nearing the western horizon the sun shed its warm light through the windows, giving the gathered customers a rather otherworldly grace that - on second sight - they certainly did not deserve. Some people were drinking and talking at the bar, engaged in a conversation with the barkeeper, while several tables around were occupied by three men in apothecary's robes, some gamblers, a lonely drunkard and a number of rather unremarkable people that did the name of the tavern honour.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 am

Celdiur took in the scene before him, thoroughly scrutinising what he witnessed before him. Theres been a fight here all right. The Guards couldnt possibly have made this mess entirely by themselves. Incompetent bastards!

"All right" he announced at last to his small company. "Sibrand, Cicero, Jubair. You will remain here with me. I want this place scoured from floor to roof for any evidence or clues as to what might have happened here. Anything that you find that you deem out of the ordinary is to be reported to me at once. Jalal!"

He turned and called to the guardsman who lingered by the doorway, awaiting instruction.

"I want you to query the guard that stands watch over this place. Most importantly I want the names of the other guards that have performed this rather thorough "investigation" here. They may have stumbled across something here that may enlighten us as to Ghalvas's assailants. If you can, try and find out what he has seen and heard himself".

Finally he turned to his friend Sir Alain and what remained of the guardsmen.

"Alain, take what is left of the guardsmen here and go forth into the streets of the surrounding neighbourhood, though do not stray too far. Night falls soon, and with the darkness comes the evils that lurk in its shadows. Quiz any that you stumble upon in the surrounding area for any information they have. Someone out there has bound to have seen or heard something. That information may be crucial. Keep a keen eye open for any suspicious behaviour"

Celdiur leaned in close to Alain and whispered in his ear.

"I have a feeling that whomever was responsible for this may be keeping a close eye on our actions here. Be careful, my friend"

With that Celdiur set about searching Ghalvas's home for clues, he and Sibrand taking the top floor, leaving Cicero and Jubair to search downstairs.

Last edited by Sir Celdiur Moriendor on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:18 am

Varys turned to Rocorad, and whispered, "Try to overhear what the drunkard is saying, and if you can enagage him in conversation. Try to find out more about these 'underground dwellers'. I myself will listen to the three men in the apothecary robes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

District 1: Actions
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next