Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Arena: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

The Arena: Actions Empty
PostSubject: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 am

So he was to become a famous gladiator. Not too bad a prospect, it seemed to Malificar as he walked towards his room to prepare himself. He knew that Singal had one large, stately arena between the patricians' and the aristocrats' districts on the island, where only the best fighters were allowed to compete in order to guarantee high class entertainment for Singal's upper class. There were also a lot of small to medium size arenas and fighting pits in the less wealthy districts, some of them even illegal. Where would he start?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 am

Sir Malificr laughed to himself, as he thought Azlanek had let him off easy. only 20 lashes? he had take 50 and not said a word before. he mumbles to himselfi should start in the very underbelly of singal, and work my way up to the higher class. this way i will already be known as a rutheless fighter, and there are less regulations there. i will need a disguise though. i will dress as a rogue knight, from a different continent. ahh this will be fun! Sir Malificar suits himself up in the armory and heads to the underbelly of singal
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:15 am

Azlanek: Sorry for giving no more detailed instructions on this. As I said, Dowpride; Officially Malificar will be on a pilgrimage. That means you are not allowed so simply walk into the armoury to chose your undercover outfit. You will leave the city together with one squire in your usual gear, which will then be left behind together with that squire, who will hide and protect it for you. Then you will disguise yourself and head back into the city. Through our heretic allies we will have some gear waiting for you at a hidden location (a barrel behind some secluded house or something along those lines). Due to your “failure”, Azlanek will not be willing to spent fortunes on your gear, as he regards this both as further punishment and your chance of “redemption”. I think the barrel will contain some ragged leather armour, an old but still solid short sword, a waterskin, flint and steel and enough money to get by for a week (poor lifestyle). Additionally a robe against the cold and a bag to contain your stuff.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:47 am

((( alright, how about we start up the rp after i have re-entered the city in my new alias?))) Sir Malificar headed towards one of the many taverns in the poor district, this one aptly named rats end. it had a little swinging board of a rat getting its head chopped off"Lovely" Sir Malificar muttered. after entering the bar he went up to the bartender and asks Hello sir. where could i find some place to fight for money?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:48 am

The tavernkeeper looked to Malificar, then to three guardsmen who had occupied a table near the bar.

Well, there's the big arena, though I doubt they will let you fight there, and there are some licensed arenas in the slaver districts to the south or the districts of the red brothers to the north.
Want a mug of ale? he asked, winking.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:51 am

Malificar chuckles to himself oh fine, i think i could have some ale. He leans in and whispers to the keeper although directions afterwards would go down well with it Sir Malificar winks back at the keeper
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 am

While leaning over to hand him the mug, the tavernkeeper whispers:

There's a fighting pit in a near backyard. No rules, no prizes, full loot. Meet behind the tavern one hour after midnight.

Then aloud he asks:

Why, would you want a room for the night, traveller?

Last edited by Iskar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:10 am

Malificar smirks and looks at the keep thanks for the ale friend. i would indeed like a room, as i have been travelling for a while, and wish to rest my head a bit. Malificar drains his drink and gives the man a few coins, then heads to the room

a few hours later Malificar leaves his room with his equpiment and heads to the back of the tavern, to meet with the barkeep
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 am

When Sir Malificar stepped out of the back door of the tavern an hour after midnight, the tavernkeeper was already waiting. He signalled Malificar to remain silent and follow him. They made their way through some narrow alleys until they reached a secluded backyard. The yard was lit by several torches whose light fell upon a sizeable number of mostly rough and crude faces. Obviously this was not a place for witty entertainment or sophisticated jokes. In the middle of the yard a large pit had been dug, large enough to provide room for several combatants at a time.
A bald man with a reddish face and a deformed nose sat at a table in the doorway that led onto the backyard. When they arrived he just nodded to the tavernkeeper, but on seeing Malificar took out his purse and asked:

Gladiator or spectator?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 am

Malificar turns to the manclearly, i am here to kill things. so, if you really need to ask. gladiator.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:26 am

Alright, he said, that's five denars admittance fee. If you win, you'll get it back.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:53 am

Sir Malificar handed over the gold without question, then askedare there any rules in this league? or am i free to kill however i like?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:25 am

There'll be brawls with five combatants each. It's up to you what you do with your opponents. Last man standing wins the fight and may take from the defeated - dead or alive - whatever he wants, snarled the man, obviously discontent with his job of telling each new combatant the same old story.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 am

Sir Malificar grins dangerouslywhy thank you sir. but be warned. tell your crew to prepare for cleaning duty. i dont usually leave much in a few pieces.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 am

The man only smirked. Most likely he had heard many speeches of this kind in the past years before collecting the scattered remains of the very speakers a few hours later. He gestured to a square built man at the rear end of the yard, pointing to Malificar. The other man nodded.

Go to Jheznar, he will take care of you.

Malificar nodded and walked over to the man.

Ah, there comes our last one, boomed Jheznar as Malificar approached him. Sizing him up, he said: Well, perhaps you have a chance. We shall see. Are you ready to win or die?

Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 am

Sir Malificar stared the man dead in the eyes and saidi dont give a damn if i win or i die. i am here to kill people, and seeing as i am so good at it, dying will not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:31 am

We shall see, Jheznar laughed. Now get into the pit with the others!

Malificar jumped down into the pit were the other four combatants were already waiting. There was a big man armed with a huge mace. He looked strong but not too fast. Then there were two averagely built men, one with a worn sword, the other with a short spear. The fourth fighter was a short slender man with two short, almost dagger-like swords. The one with the spear stood to Malificar's right, the man with the two swords on his left. When Malificar looked over to him, the man almost unremarkably winked.

Ready? boomed Jheznar and without waiting for an answer continued: FIGHT!
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 am

Malificar immediatly adopted a defensive stance, and inched towards the man with the spear. he is the most dangerous man here, not because of skill, but because of reach[i]he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:51 am

The others were also awkwardly scanning their opponents, still reluctant to make the first move. Then all of a sudden the swordfighter slashed at the big man with his two-handed mace. The attack was parried but the other two saw their chance and moved at the big one, for a moment ignoring Malificar or just hoping he would join their unofficial alliance against the big one, while the latter was swinging his mace in half-circles in front of him to keep the others from drawing nearer.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am

while the men are distracted, malificar rushes the man with the spear, and aims a stab at his back.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:12 am

Caught completely off guard the man gave a surprised cry and collapsed to the ground, while the crowd burst into jeering, hooting and cheering, depending on whether they had bet money on the spearwielder. When Malificar drew his sword out of the man's back, he saw the others had turned around, now suspiciously eying him, trying not to give anyone a possibility to get into their back. Finally the sword fighter lunged at Malificar while stepping away from the big man with the mace. He tried for a wide backhand swing at Malificar's sword arm.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Malificar steps towards the man, and swings to block the mans sword, while throwing a punch at his throat
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:54 am

Malificar managed to somehow block the attack though the backhand swing developed more momentum than he could counter with a short parry towards his sword arm side. He was staggered for a moment and the sword fighter saw his chance, trying for another blow. Yet in this moment the big man made his move, crushing his mace into the sword fighter's side., which in turn left his side vulnerable and only narrowly did he manage to parry a swift attack from the man with the two short swords. Malificar had now recovered completely and again they were eying each other carefully. Perhaps he was wrong, but Malificar had the impression that the dual wield fighter had again winked.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Sir Malificar again adopts a defensive pose, while yelling out to the big man "I SAW YOUR MOTHER IN A BROTHEL THE OTHER DAY! DOES SHE USUALLY TAKE 4 CLIENTS AT ONCE OR WAS THIS GOING FOR A RECORD!?" in the hopes of goading him.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:22 am

Obviously the big man was as stupid as Malificar had thought. With a roar that was accompanied by the cheers and hoots of the crowd he charged towards Malificar, readying his mace for a mighty blow. From the corner of his eye Malificar saw the dual wield fighter on his right hand side move, though he could not determine with what purpose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions Empty

Back to top Go down

The Arena: Actions
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next