Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Arena: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

The Arena: Actions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:45 am

Nazriv shook his head.

I'm sorry. I never heard that name before. Perhaps the people around here know him?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 am

Sir malificar shakes his head"damn, i had hoped i wouldnt have to go out this morning"Sir Malificar finished his breakfast and headed out into the streets to ask around for information
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Although most people around seemed to have seen Jamal fight in the arena once or twice hardly anyone was able to offer specific information about possible weaknesses of his. Jamal obviously fought with a longsword and a board shield, using chainmail armour. An old man in the tavern claimed that Jamal was a rather defensive fighter, but his drinking companion contradicted him, saying he had seen Jamal putting up a rather fast paced aggressive fight against an opponent lately.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:52 am

Malificar pondered this info while he was drinking"most likely he is slow against experienced opponents, and fast during inexperienced opponents... what i will do then, is fake being completely new to what i am doing, and when he rushes me, turn the tables, and get in close, inside the effective reach of his broadsword. then i can bash him down with my shield and finish him off..."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:14 am

The sun stood in its vertex when the fight started and the crowd gathered on the grandstand hid under large awnings spanned over them. People cheered when Jamal entered the pit, drowning out the cries of the beverage and otter-nose vendors - Jamal had already won some fights lately and the people had started to like him. Some people cheered to Malificar, too, when he entered, though obviously less than before.
Some started to laugh when Malificar moved in a clumsy way, once even dropping his sword while Jamal was some steps away. As Malificar continued to act like a complete newcomer, seemingly blocking Jamal's blows more by luck than skill, more and more people laughed and cheered to Jamal to take down his opponent the fast way.
Having watched Malificar from the safety behind his board shield for some time, trying to judge his opponent's skills, he finally gave in to the cheers of the crowd and charged at Malificar.

Now things changed.
Malificar immediately adopted a proper fighting stance, his light armour rendering him agile enough to evade the blow of Jamal's longsword. Carried on by his own momentum Jamal rushed past Malificar who quickly closed in behind him. In the last moment Jamal was able to whirl around and get his blade between Malificar's one and his own head. Shouts of surprise were heard from the crowd that to an increasing extent mixed with cheers for Malificar. When they crossed blades he could see the shock in Jamal's eyes. Jamal tried to get some more distance between himself and Malificar, but his board shield was too heavy and Malificar easily evaded his attempts at bashing him with it, and the longsword was rather useless on the short distance. Finally Jamal failed to deflect Malificar's blade and it found its way through his torso. He sank down, still a surprised expression on his face, and was dead before his head touched the ground.

The crowd now broke out in cheers to Malificar, they had not seen such an interesting turn in a fight for weeks or even months.

Later down in the bloodworks beneath the arena, Nazriv's cousin showed him the loot: A longsword, a boardshield, the damaged chainmail armour and a golden necklace with the name of a woman carved into it. He asked what Malificar wanted to keep and offered him to buy the rest, as was the custom in the arenas of Singal.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:47 am

Malificar thought for a while, then said"i will take the shield."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 am

Nazriv's cousin gave him 20 denari for the equipment and another 30 for the amulet and commended him once more on the good fight. Malificar gathered his things and left the arena for the day. Stepping out into the bright light of the afternoon sun, he perceived a bitterly weeping woman near the exit of the arena.

Last edited by Iskar on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 am

Malificar approached the woman"what happens to be the issue madam?"he asks
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:00 pm

The woman looked up, but on recognising Malificar she wailed even more. Finally she pulled herself together. Again and again interrupted by sobs she said:

You're the one who ... who ... who killed my poor Jamal. I knew this would happen one day, but... but...

She broke out in another cascade of tears before continuing.

He always had an amulet with him, with my name carved in. Said it would protect him... Did you take it? Please, can you give me the amulet? It means so much to me...
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:19 am

Malificar shrugs."i am afraid i do not have the amulet, although the merchant who is buying old equipment does. go see him if you want it so badly. your husband was a good fighter, be proud of him."with that Malificar walks away
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 am

He returned to the tavern and changed his clothes to less bloodspattered ones. There was still half of the day waiting for him.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 am

Malificar goes down into the tavern to listen to any rumors about his next oppenent, or anything of interest.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:17 am

When he got down into the taproom a man approached him:

My employer has an offer for you. Meet me at the arena tonight.

Before Malificar could get a word in he had already slipped out of the tavern again.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 am

Malificar pondered the strange mans requesthmmm... sounds suspicious. i will get naz and take my stuff with me. Malificar saught out naz and buckled on his armor and sword
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 am

When Malificar and Nazriv arrived in the backyard of the tavern the man who had delivered the message was already waiting there. He frowned upon seeing Nazriv and said:

My employer wished to speak to you alone. He cannot come with us.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Malificar chuckles to himself"If Naz here cannot enter communications with me, then we do not have a deal."Malificar chortles"what do you think naz?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:41 am

The man scowled and grumbled:

Fine, he can accompany you. This way now. My employer does not have time to wait all night.

He led them through several crooked dark alleyways to a little dirty plaza that was lit by a flickering torch held by a thug.

The other man on the plaza was a short man with considerable belly and receding brow and chin. He frowned shortly when noticing Nazriv, but quickly returned to his business-like smile.

I see you have brought some more guests, how lovely... he said with a voice that was neither malicious nor friendly, but just the voice of a man who was so busy that he had banished all emotions from his speech as they only impeded his business.
But anyway, he continued, now fully turning to Malificar, I have heard of your last fight in the arena. There is a small issue about your next one. You will have to loose it.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 am

Malificar laughs violently"UH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And just why should i lose my next fight oh short one? if i lose that means my life and i am very particular about that particular item of mine"Malificar puts his hand on his sword and loosens it slightly
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 pm

I will arrange for your opponent not to kill you, don't worry, you will not take permanent damage. This will, however, not be the case if you refuse to cooperate, I can assure you.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 am

Malificar spits on the ground"and what exactly is my motivation to be doing this for you? give me one good reason why i should not decapitate you where you stand?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:31 am

The fat man grinned, then he pointed upwards. Looking up, Malificar saw three crossbowmen on the roofs around the plaza, their weapons trained on Malificar and Nazriv.

The exact motivation for you to do as I say, the man continued, is, as I said, your continued existence. If you still refuse to cooperate I'd see myself forced to have it terminated.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:44 am

Malificar spat"Ah. i see how it is. fine, you will have your loss, but you had better uphold your side of the bargain."Malificar stared coldly at the man"I take it we are done here?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:54 am

Indeed we are, the fat man said with a cold smile. Remember our agreement and you will have no further trouble. With this he turned and vanished into one of the dark alleyways, the thug with the torch shortly eyed you, then followed his master.

OOC: You want to get in another action, or shall I immediately continue with the next morning?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Sir Malificar and naz left the small area. Malificar leaned into nazriv's ear and whispered"do you know where i can find some good poisons?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 12:25 am

Well, the Reds have their own poisoners, but it might be difficult to find them and then make them sell you some of their ...products. Then there's of course the apothecaries who are supplied by the alchemists' guild. Officially they must not sell poisonous substances, but I'm sure they'll have one or the other interesting thing under the counter, although it might not be as potent as what the poisoners sell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   The Arena: Actions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Arena: Actions
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next