Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+28
Sir Thash Kor
Alaric Reiner
MordKaiser87
tobberman
Sir Arceon
dowpride
Hetzau
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Psychozoa
MitchyMatt
Aldric of Marleons
Ser Varys
Kamos
DiabloDude
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Pravenstern
Sir Aranor
Datedsandwich
Tubby McChubbles
Laisha
Mordred
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Curanthir
Saeros
Slopsen
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

Just talking - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 am

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
I had heard great things about the Frankfurt airport... it was a dump.

I thought I understood why when I saw signs talking about remodelling and such... but then I noticed that the worst parts had been 'completed.' It was shocking how run-down it looked, especially brand new!

Munich though... I may only have been in the airport, but I love the city now.

I loved Frankfurt's airport compared to Cairo and Alexandria ones -.-
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:44 am

I connected in Frankfurt returning from Budapest, and I quite liked it. It's not as good as Munich, but there isn't anything bad about it.

This being the perspective of someone who has visited a lot of third and middle-world airports Very Happy Relativism is all.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:11 am

I was just comparing it to Munich. I would put it on par with Chicago O'Hare... which is a preeeetty bad airport.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 am

Quote :
I had heard great things about the Frankfurt airport... it was a dump.
I thought I understood why when I saw signs talking about remodelling and such... but then I noticed that the worst parts had been 'completed.' It was shocking how run-down it looked, especially brand new!

I used to live in Frankfurt (free cities ftw!). The airport is quite big, but that's it - it could be better. It did look badly managed, including in regard to security. One time, since the line to the plane was too long, the officers at the metal detectors didn't let me have my metals checked and instead just told me "No no, you don't need to do that now, just go through it because the plane has to take off". I guess they did that with the other two hundred passengers behind me as well.

Quote :
It was shocking how run-down it looked, especially brand new!
Looking worse after being (re)built is a Frankfurter specialty!

Still, I would choose Frankfurt to any other airport.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Aussie airlines, where all the trained workers go on strike while the companies try to outsource to untrained Asian immigrants with 1 dollar a day. I remember reading a statistic, that if terrorist blew up one plane every week after 9/11, it would still be more dangerous to drive a car than to fly a plane.

On the subject of Monarchies, there is the point with the British one (the only one I'm familiar with) that the last three have been very upstanding and noble (relatively speaking, compared to Edward the 7th who was an alcoholic lout). But Prince Charles leaves a lot to be desired for, the problem with monarchies is the sheer randomness of what you get. However the British one is very likely the only reason the commonwealth has stayed together. It is a shame though (i realise how selfish it is saying this) that Australian history is so horrifically boring. The biggest national problem with federating in 1901 was that all the states had different railway tracks, and they didnt want to remake them all into one. (seriously, trains had to stop at the border and unload then reload onto a different train.) The closest thing we had to a civil war was when all the dignitaries negotiating got drunk and had a fistfight on a boat going down the Murrey Darling.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Ah, sounds like the southern United States prior to and during the American Civil War. The Confederates had a serious problem of their (relatively) few rail lines not using the same gauges, meaning that transporting troops and supplies by rail wasn't always quick for the same reasons. So that's not unheard of, historically.

Australia should probably consider itself fortunate that it's boring because it's avoided national trauma. On the other hand, national traumas tend to shape our societies, so take from that what you will.

To monarchies in general, I don't have much to say about them, having lived in a land without European-style ones and all others long gone before the United States was established. Though they are fascinating to me from a historical standpoint. I should study such things more....
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:06 pm

So, btw, who else is eagerly downloading black mesa source mod?

If you dont know what it is, then its a complete remake of Half life 1 using the source engine, and its FREEE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:11 pm

Brazil had the same problem with different gauges, caused by the British probably aiming to hinder its growth. Brazilians eventually gave up and dismantled (yes) nearly all railroads, choosing to use automobiles instead. Now they have weird statistics like this. It was a populist thing, for all the new jobs at the industry, transportation and such.

I like to think that Australia is the Switzerland of the future, above the problems of lesser countries. If you could just terraform the Outback...

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Saeros wrote:
If you could just terraform the Outback...

Unlikely
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Should practice on Mars first.

Seriously, though: the Brazilian capitol was built from scratch on a semi-desertic wasteland several decades ago. It's is technologically possible to do something with parts of the Outback too.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Well, depends what you consider the outback, there's a lot of semi arid land thats bieng farmed. Then there's a colossal amount of desert though
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:41 am

Thought about DrSane when I read this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:41 am

The one thing i'll always remember about the amazon is that horrific parasite that is such a powerful swimmer it can travel up a urine line, so if you pee in the amazon it goes straight up there... and it has barbs so it doesnt get pulled out Sad No
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:49 am

Aaaaaand...I didn't need to know about that nor have the horrible mental image that came with it.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 am

ignorance is bliss ...

bot fly, dont google that thing
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm

You're lucky I have the self control to not look up everything I'm told not to look up. >.>
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Quote :
The one thing i'll always remember about the amazon is that horrific parasite that is such a powerful swimmer it can travel up a urine line, so if you pee in the amazon it goes straight up there... and it has barbs so it doesnt get pulled out
You only get that in rivers, and it seems to be as horrible as it sounds.

Actually the worse thing in the Amazon is that there's nothing to eat (so I heard). Everything that isn't green is usually poisonous, and animals live 10 meters above, in the canopy. And there's no sunlight, so everything is hot, dark and damp.
Also there's a lot of oxygen there. So while your wounds heal way faster, infections worsen *a lot* quicker.

It is theorized that natives managed to live there for the last 20000 years in part due to an anomaly in their blood cells. They are much more resistant to malaria, because the parasite can't attach itself very well to their blood cells. This means that less oxygen flows in their blood (but that's okay, since there's so much of it in the jungle). We, on the other hand, would die in the first or second time we got the disease.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm Lucky? hahahaha, your the one whose lucky for not looking up bot flies. Wait your from america right? Cause the bot fly is spreading from south to north america.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:04 am

Awesome work in the Tavern, Theo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Temp Thread Ignore Me   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:05 am

Haha, brilliant! President Mordred... hmmm.

You need to keep doing these things, they really are a highlight of these boards Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 am

We need someone to do that with the Dawn schism. So much potential!

/nudgenudgeatisabel.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 am

I wonder how Mastifus would take this...? Watch it, you will know what I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkbV2XCofE&feature=g-vrec
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:18 am

Hobbit trailer released Very Happy

I always see Mettenheimers as the dwarfs, superior steel and Frederick isn't that young anymore... Crossbreed them with Ravenstern and ye have yerself some tall dwarfs.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 am

Mordred wrote:
I wonder how Mastifus would take this...? Watch it, you will know what I mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkbV2XCofE&feature=g-vrec

That was the inspiration for Mastifus, wasn't it?

Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 am

Who said Mordred created Mastifus Wink?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next