Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)

Go down 
+18
Curanthir
Psychozoa
Laisha
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Datedsandwich
Kamos
Aldric of Marleons
Tubby McChubbles
tobberman
Sir Aranor
Sir Haegon
Pravenstern
Ser Varys
Saeros
Isabel Tenorio
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:56 am

Seeing more and more people arrived, without introducing themselves, Iskar excused himself from the conversation with Marcus and Lucius and rose, in the same movement beckoning Chadwell over to him.

The head scribe complied and Iskar exchanged some quiet words with him upon which Chadwell hurried off. Some minutes later he reentered, Sir William DeSpencer, the grizzled master of ceremonies on his heels. DeSpencer took position at the door, ready to properly anounce any new arriver.

Meanwhile Iskar had strolled over to Varys and Aelos.

I bid you welcome, gentlemen, he said formally, then added a friendly nod and smile towards Aelos.

Squire Aelos, I pray you may soon receive the knightship you certainly earned yourself at Laria.

Without expecting an answer he turned to Varys, his expression more formal again.

I am Iskar Levellin, Lord Constable of the Silvermist, and I have had the honour to organise this council meeting. As I have not seen you on any other official occasion yet, would you indulge my curiosity regarding your name and order?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:17 am

It had been a long ride from Valonbray. Sir Aranor had departed as soon as he got the letter from Iskar.

The Grandmaster was accompanied by several servants and men-at-arms. Some were dressed in Dawn heraldry, with golden suns on white fields, but the others were dressed in the Grandmasters personal heraldry. Word was, Sir Aranor had settled himself in as a Jarl in the Fierdsvain, and was a full vassal of the king.

Sir Aranor entered the council chambers, taking note of all those who were present. He smiled courteously and bowed his head at Iskar.

"Lord Constable, I would like to extend my thanks for receiving me."
He turned to the others present
"I am Lord Aranor Vilaren, Grandmaster of the Dawn. I am pleased to meet you all again."

He took a seat. He noticed the Griffon woman. He was not aware that the Griffons allowed women in, and she did not have the look of a Pendorian women about her.

"Pardon me milady, but may I ask where your family hails from? You have the look and poise of a woman from Barclay, if I'm not mistaken."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:20 am

Isabel stared oddly at the man for a moment, before she finally answered.

"My family does indeed come from Barclay. I am Isabel Tenorio."

She lingered on her surname for a moment, emphasizing it.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 am

Varys said in a light, joking voice,

"Curiosity can be a virtue or a vice, and you may not always want to know the truth, my dear Constable."

Smiling, Varys said, "However, I am Ser Varys, Knight of the Eventide. I have heard much about you and your exploits, Iskar. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Varys continued, "As to why you have not seen me at any other official events, you may have simply not noticed me, and I prefer be unnoticed. One always hears more when focused on listening. I prefer to not make the journey to such meetings, anyway. I have been quite busy in Singal the past few weeks."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 am

At the sight of the Dawn's Grandmaster Lucius brightened up, while Marcus merely looked at him; Sir Aranor meant little to the cynical Legionary. He didn't think the man would take it lightly if he didn't offer his welcomes, however.

"I am pleased to see you here, Sir Aranor. I believe that you and Lucius have met already?"

Lucius flashed a thin smile at Aranor. The air did feel a little heavy, now that he really paid attention to it. Also bothered by the feel of the room, Marcus abruptly turned to face the Eventide, allowing an even thinner smile emerge on his face. It was just a slight straining around his mouth and eyes, though. The eventides deserved every bit of respect he could muster, though; they fought alongside the rest against the Veccavian army. That alone deserved... some recognition. Some.

And you too, Ser Varys. I remember your sacrifices at Stormcliff Clove, and I honour them and you by my honour and sword." It was an oath Legionaries took upon joining the order; it was custom, and also the highest formal recognition a member of the Order could receive. The real honourific required more elaborate bows and much more acting, though. But they didn't need to know it. There was so little they could be allowed to know, and everything seemed to hang by a thread. Burn him, but that thread was also the thread of his life. If it snapped, he would die. Probably. He didn't know whether he could stand himself anymore, then.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:45 am

Saeros looked at Sir Aranor.

"Pleasant news. May I ask which fief it is that you hold?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 am

Varys turned to Marcus and smiled. He said "Thank you, Marcus. I remember your efforts as well. I am pleased to see you as well."

Varys turned to Aranor, and smiled. However, this smile was different that the ones he had given before. This smile was cold. No warmth or feeling came from his eyes as he looked at Aranor.

"Greetings, Sir Aranor. It is a pleasure to meet you. Forgive me, as I have been ignorant of recent events. How has your fight against the Red Dawn fared?"

Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 am

Johan walked in to council chamber wearing clean, dark hooded cloak and under it a tabard with legions emblems and a red cross. He came in smoking his pipe and stopped at the door and looked around. Recognizing only his grandmaster Johan moved towards the table and introduced himself in calm voice:

"How are you, My name is Johan, healer and legionnaire from the Shadow Legion."

Johan moved next to his grandmaster taking a seat. He started blowing circles from the smoke and listening the conversation.

Last edited by tobberman on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:19 am

Flanked by a few minor members of the Gauntlet, Lucius walked quickly into the council chamber, dressed in simple clothes with an armoured fist emblazoned on his breast. Spying Iskar, the veteran knight greeted the representative of his rival order.

Good evening, sir. I apologise for my lateness. I was detained by one of your guards, checking for weapons.

Lucius quickly found a seat, close to the Legion grandmaster, and nodded respectfully before sitting. The men with him found places elsewhere amongst the assembly.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:22 am

Saeros looks at Iskar until the constable's eyes meet his. Then he turns to the side and, while adjusting his tabard, he takes advantage of his body's position and whispers something to Isabel. He is certain that the constable was able to read his lips.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am

Isabel tried not to laugh. She managed to only smirk a little then shot a glance at the man with the Gauntlet on his chest.

"Perhaps you should bring out the wine, Saeros. Now we can all see who fears death by poison the most."
Back to top Go down
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:27 am

As the knights chat away in the council chamber, Aldric walks in with full silvermist armor except a helmet with a wine cup in hand and sees the room already full of people.

Hello everyone. Aldric slightly bows his head. I see everyone is already settled in. It seems I am always late to these important meetings and such. Aldric sighs.

So how is everyone doing today?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:28 am

Aelos flinched, what did Isabel just say?

"Every Order seems to have a representative present. Shall we begin?"

He hoped this would make them forget Isabel's words. But he had lost his trust in Saeros, who Aelos had seen whispering. A guardsman with a hidding agenda?

Last edited by Aelos on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:34 am

Sir Kamos came through the doors wearing his full plate with a Griffon tabard and for now a long black cloak draped over his shoulders. He even had his helmet with him for whatever reason and it was tucked under his arm. His face going into the meeting was full of steel to be as flat and hard as his armor. He gave a curt nod to everyone in the room.

I apologize for being behind but I am ready to attend.

He quickly set out to the other Griffons.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 am

Sir Azrael nodded to Sir Kamos. Having a Griffon of actual renown here was a relief for him.

"Sir Azrael, from Griffons."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:13 am

Iskar turned to Aldric.

Ah, good you have arrived, Captain Aldric. As you are our quartermaster and since we do not want to take unecessary risks by employing too many servants, you have the honour of serving the beverages. I understand you have made sure sufficient supplies of wine and ale are being kept nearby, so, please do us the honour while we wait for the last knights and rangers and our grandmaster to arrive and officially open the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:18 am

Varys turned towards the strange Barclay woman, and said,

"I believe everyone fears something, my Lady, even you. The wine may or my not be tainted; who knows?"

Varys smirked.

"However, those from Barclay have more to fear than the others. Strange enough, it seems snide remarks only carry you so far. I hope you are... cautious, my Lady. Some people may ...dislike Barclay. I for one certainly do."

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 am

Isabel stared at the dark-clothed man for a moment.

"Then it is a good thing I'm not here to represent Barclay, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 am

Varys paused for a moment, then smiled.

"Are you? Pray forgive me if I seemed as if I was..ah... accusing you. I've no doubt that you are... unquestionably loyal to the Crown."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 am

"Everyone always fears something. Probably because everyone is always up to something. But I insist that you are all safe here."

"You know, spending years in the wilderness makes you be more aware of your senses", Saeros said. "And what is it that I smell? I recognize the scent of healing herbs in Johann's clothes. Yours, however, smell something less...wholesome. Is it wolfsbane? Purple tongue? What is it called in Singals street markets?"
Back to top Go down
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 am

Aldric smiles and points to his cup of wine.

Yes, Iskar. We have more than enough wine and ale to last us for a very long time. I'll go get some right now.

Aldric overhears some talk about the wine and ale being tainted. He silently shakes his head and walks out the council chamber. As soon as he was out of earshot he says,

This must be my punishment for drinking before everyone else. Doing a servant's job. Aldric chuckles.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 am

Lord Aranor's face hardened when he heard "Tenorio"

He smiled though, at the Barclay women.

"I am glad to know that the Griffons have such a worthy member serving them. I know firsthand that those of the Tenorios will fight for what cause they believe in. When they pledge themselves to a cause, be it Goddess, Bishop, or King, they will fight to defend it. To the death"

He turned to Lucius and smiled. This smile was one of familiarity, a smile that a comrade would show to another.

"It is good to see you again Sir Lucius, and you too Sir Marcus."

He turned to Saeros, Aranor always respected the ranger. He looked like he had a good head on his shoulders.

"I currently have been entrusted by our King with the region bordering the Ulfr Mountain range. It's a newly formed county, named in my order's honor, Dawnbreak Reach. You should visit sometime Saeros, the view from Dawnbreak keep itself is amazing."

he smiled and laughed, trying to lighten to mood.

"Remember that name Saeros, under my watchful eye, Dawnbreak and its citizens will be the pride of Pendor!"

Lord Aranor nodded towards Sir Varys

"I hope you have been in good health Sir Varys."

Lord Aranor took a seat.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:41 am

Varys smiled.

"Very...receptive....Sir. I required some wolfsbane for my..ah.. personal, use. You can reduce the effect it has, and in small doses, it is quite medicinal. I would be careful, Saeros. Some say that an alchemist had discovered how to manipulate wolfsbane into being transmitted by air..they may just be rumors. I hope that you exercise caution with your...curiosity. "
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:44 am

Isabel smirked a bit and began to quietly sing.

"All right, all right, all listen up!
All you; hear and fill your cup
About oh poor Sir Aranor
Alight a knight; now crawling on all four!

At the king's behest he crawls
All around proud Avendor
After on his knees he falls
Aghast! His pride will be no more!"

After the second verse she stopped and turn back to Saeros.

"I heard the song again in a tavern on my way here. Such a talented bard."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:49 am

"Written by Crowsdale? Surely he was well paid by Lord Azlanek the Absent for that - fancy adventurers like him don't do anything for free."

Last edited by Saeros on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next