Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: Aranor's cell

Go down 
+7
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
MitchyMatt
Isabel Tenorio
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Slopsen
Sir Haegon
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

IC Scene: Aranor's cell Empty
PostSubject: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:35 am

A rather spacious room, formely used by one of King Ulric's more demanding mistresses, it has a large fireplace, a large featherbed and even cushioned chairs that match the red lion decorations on the walls and tables. The servants had placed the trays with the finest food from the castle's kitchens on the table in the far end of the room.

The food on the table consists of many kinds of meat, chicken and grapes, oranges and warm bread just out of the castle's bakery. The perfect red wine hails from Ethos and is regarded the finest wine in Pendor. Aelos and Merlic were seated at the table closest to the only door in the room and drank from one of the few bottles of spring water. Captain Merlic seemed to be the better chess player, because Aelos decided to switch to Ethosian wine after only five moves.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:02 am

Merzinas rushes in after his Grandmaster, glaring at the Griffon lackeys. He has his sword now, and wears it ready on his belt along with a knife near his ribs. The chain mail is now shown loudly, no longer hidden under the woollen cloak. He waits at the door daring the Griffon men to strike him.

"Scum" he loudly intones brashly and unapologetically at the Captain and at the Squire.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:07 am

"The door is closed for anyone who bears arms." Sir Quintus had been given the command of the guards outside the cel and looked down on the young squire.

"Give your arms to Sir Marion, or you will not be able to enter." he said it in a voice that wasn't gentle, nor harsh. Sir Marion took a step closer to the squire while two Guardsmen brought their hands to the hilts of their swords. no one would enter without the Captain's approval/
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:23 am

"Oh dont worry, just like you I'm outside, ready to spring in on a moments order. However, unlike you I'm not waiting to assault a Grandmaster! How long were you planning to hounds? Was the rest of your order up all night conspiring with your bastard master? Or did you just do it all improvised, building on already having forced yourself into position outside, and simply acting on the whims of your mad dog for a leader."

Merzinas leant back against the wall taking his knife out and making vague lazy slashing motions. He looked up at the apprehensive guards.

"It's okay, I have honour, I know your all weak willed enough to blindly follow Darlion, so I won't be so cruel as to attack."

He started swinging wilder with the knife.

"But I doubt any of you do, so I'm not leaving my arms aside again for you cowards to attack on." finished Merzinas, spitting at Quintus' feet on the word coward.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:33 am

The moment Merzinas drew his knife, the two guardsmen unsheathed their swords, looking at Sir Quintus for orders. Sir Marion also shifted his hands towards the large knifes he prefers to fight with, but Sir Quintus only smiled.

"My dear boy, how can you be so foul minded? I have at least six knights and eleven guardsmen standing guard in this very hall. Give the weapons to Sir Marion and they will be returned after you visited your knight master. But if you just want to linger with us, you should pocket that knife and pay some respect."

Sir Quintus had been the master at arms for years and had met many young recruits with the same daring attitude. He was sure this squire would be good company when he dropped the paranoia talk. He motioned the two guardsmen to sheath their swords. If the squire would try anything, Sir Marion would be more than capable of dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:36 am

Sir Aranor sat quietly in his room. He was in one of the chairs near the fireplace. His gaze drew to the red lion decorations that littered the room. He only chewed the warm bread, he had no desire for the wine or other delicacies that were provided to him.

He heard a commotion outside, it sounded like a very familiar squire. It sounded like he was angry.

He came to the door and listened in on the conversation.

"Merzinas! Stop bothering them, go back to the monastery, I command you to. Now is not the time. I am ok, Brother Ferris may need help though, go back and come back at sunset."

"Also, Captain, may I have a word with you?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 am

Captain Merlic had indeed been winning from Aelos in their chess game, but by the time the Grandmaster reached the door to tell off his squire, the captain was already on his feet. Merlic was only a captain of the guard, and had no idea how the Griffon knight outside would handle things. Aelos had fought Merzinas in the arena and knew a deal more about the young squire's behavior and knew Sir Quintus ever since the latter joined the Order, so he quickly turned towards the chessboard and moved Merlic's Queen to best benefit his own game.

"Ofcourse, Lord Grandmaster. But the Griffon squire can answer the questions, I am just a guardsman in charge of this part of the western wing."

Aelos turned around now, he had never truly spoken the new Grandmaster of his mentor's Order.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 am

A shadowy figure slowly approached the door. Noticing the Dawn squire toying with his knife, he assured himself that his hidden knife was where it was. He continued down and approached the door.

Speaking in a silky voice, Varys said, "May I enter and speak with the prisoner?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:55 am

Isabel Tenorio, now armed with a standard steel Griffon longsword, approached the cell to check up on the guards. Her footsteps weren't light due to her armor, as she approached the cell door a moment after Ser Varys.

"Traitors have no visitors before the King makes a decision on how to dispatch them, Sir. I might suggest one of the taverns near the castle, if you're in the mood for company."

Though she lacked a cloak and shield, she turned to have a good view of the hallway, standing guard for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 am

Varys said haughtily, "I wasn't speaking to you, Barclay spawn."

He turned and faced Sir Quintus.

"I understand you were allowing anyone to visit as long as they gave you their weapons. I have none on me except for this," Varys reached into his leather tabard and pulled out a short sword, which he offered to the guards.

"Now, I ask again, may I go in?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 am

"You'll speak to me until His Grace or the Marshal says otherwise."

Isabel's accent was thick once again.

"Lord or not, Sir Quintus, the prisoner will be isolated save for your guards until His Majesty has given us a command on how to procede. Remove any other visitors that are still inside, and bar the door to any others."
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:27 am

Sir Mitchell approaches the delgation near the door.

"Aye, Sir Varys, she speaks truth. As the left hand of his majesty, it is in the right-mind that no visitor see any prisoner. I approach you as a Grandmaster and as a peaceful man. Sir Aranor put himself in this predicament and the fate of his chosen words are all dependent on the king. No prisoners, no matter of rank or power, will be spoken to until otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 am

Isabel showed a small smile.

"It is good to see you again, Sir Mitchell. I doubt you remember me, but I rode with Sir Darlion and the King during the Unification. It is refreshing to see a servant of His Majesty sit at such a council."
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:34 am

Turning his attention to Isabel

"Aye Lady Isabel, unfortunate that I have not gotten to know you during the unification wars, but It is good you have earned much experience in time to be an active member of the orders. But I am flattered by your praise, thank you for such kind words."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 am

"Is it strange that we must consider it praise to say a man is loyal to his King? In Barclay, this would be unheard of. Was it so in the old Empire? I admit, I've never cared for the Baccus dogs, no insult to you, of course."

Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 am

"Of course my lady. We all have a past, its what we make out of it for the future that's important."

"Here, let us take away from this hall and see the rest of the castle yes. I have yet to explore Sarleon's superb architecture within this castle."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:42 am

"As you wish, Lord Herald. His Grace will send more guards with so many strangers in the castle, I don't doubt."

With that she walked towards Sir Mitchell. She stayed a half-stride behind him, as befit the difference in their status.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:22 am

Waiting until the Griffon lady and the Immortal left the hallway, Celdiur slid out from his shadowed hiding place and made his way toward the cell. He nodded to Varys in a sign of acknowledgement and then approached the man whom appeared to be the guard in charge here. He was not armed and still wore the same clothing he had all day. The only object he carried was a book in his right hand.

"I heard the orders given to you by Sir Mitchell, Griffon. And if you are to refuse I cannot falt you for doing your duty. None the less I request to see Sir Aranor. Not as a knight of the Eventide as I am, but as a priest of most blessed Astraea. I wish only to offer comfort to a fellow Astraean as is expected of me. Or if not, can I trust you to give the Dawn Master this?"

He held up the book, clearly displaying the name upon its cover, "Visiones de la Justicia" (Visions of Justice, The Astraean holy book)
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 am

A number of footsteps resound down the corridor, and a contingent of men clad in the silver and black of the Royal Pendor Army march in step behind a man with a blond beard and long flowing hair, clad in rich robes striding at their front.

"Celdiur" Alderman Gundar Doomseeker said by way of greeting as he drew close to the chaplain of the Order of the Eventide attempting to gain entry.

"You are dismissed" he muttered looking sideways at the guards employed at the doorway. The sergeant handed over a key before he joined his comrades in leaving their post. Gundar quickly slipped the key into the lock and strode into the room.

"Grandmaster Aranor, the King sends his apologies for your treatment here, however he supports Darlion's actions in restraining you as to speak against the royal line in such terms is to risk sedition, even if your intent is peaceable. There was no immunity against the laws of the land declared for the meeting, and these laws must be upheld at all times, as I am sure you as a man of Astaea must be sure to acknowledge" Gundar begins, looking carefully at the Grandmaster of the Dawn as he spoke. Before he could be interrupted he continued.

"However, his majesty recognises the potential for misunderstanding considering the previous issues that were raised about the security and regulations governing the meeting. As such, you are free to leave this room should you choose, though I must make it known that his majesty insists that you remain here as his guest for the night. Your rank bequeaths some freedoms, and your service for the realm will not be ignored, however the accusation of treason must be met. Therefore, his majesty has called for an open court to be held on the morrow, following the report of the meeting thus far. His majesty will sit in attendance himself to hear the case" he finished, turning back to the door his face serious.

"One last thing, the Lord Chaplain of the Eventide is requesting an audience" he said over his shoulder as he marched out of the room, and off back down the corridor.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm

As Varys saw the men leave, he whispered to Celduir,

"Ignorant Griffons, the lot of them."

Last edited by Ser Varys on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Sir Aranor looked up from his book as Gundarr walked in. He listened intently, paying attention to every single word.

"Very well Lord Gundar, please inform the king that I shall remain here. But make sure to let him know that I stay because it is his will, not Darlion's. The only freedom that I wish is to be able to visit the chapel tomorrow morning. I will submit to the court case."

Aranor looks through the open door and sees the two eventiders.

"Please sirs, come and join me. "

He also looked at the griffon guards

"If you men are hungry, you are welcome to take some of the food that the servants laid out for me. They left out a feast for me, I can't possibly finish it myself."

He glanced over to Celdiur and Varys

"Same goes for you too."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Varys entered the room and stood still, not touching the food.

"Please excuse my interruption, Sir Aranor. I just wanted to extend my support for you in this unseemly situation. Even though our Orders have not been on the best of terms, you have my support in this issue, and I personally respect you much more now due to your stance against Darlion. We both worship the true faith, and we both know the value of justice. Alas, it seems this value is missing from the realm. I hope the King sees that destructiveness and zealous of Darlion's actions have cost the realm much, and have stained his honor."

Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 pm

"Thank you for your support Ser Varys. There is an open court case tommorow that the King will be attending personally to answer the accusation of treason against me. With Astraea's blessing, I will most certainly be acquitted."

Sir Aranor also sighed out of relief.

"How did the meeting end? I left before the vote was finished unfortunately."
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Merzinas sheaths his knife and walks away down the hall at his grandmasters order. He draws up to Isabel Tenorio, looking forward but speaking through his teeth so that Mitchell and no others could hear him.

"Traitor is it?"

He drew up even closer to her

"Just assumptions on my part, but you'll be the next of kin for your uncle correct? We pass the ashes on to you don't we? Just doing the book keeping while I'm here you see."
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Celdiur frowned when he entered the room.

"A part of me says I should be happy to see a rival imprisoned. Alas however I am not. We are both servants of justice, Sir Aranor, and we know all too well that this is not it. As Varys has claimed, we support you in this matter. Come the hearing tomorrow we will ensure that we stand in your defense"

He let out a deep breath from his nostrils and looked at the floor briefly, before looking back up at Aranor.

"Forgive me for my behaviour in council previously. It is not becoming of a man of my position to speak so narrow mindedly of anyone, and I apoligise if any of my words against you caused offence in any way. If you would allow it, I would join you on the morrow for prayer"

Celdiur held the book out to Sir Aranor.

"Here. I took this from the chapel. The septon did not mind at all when I explained whom it is for. And yes, I will take you up on the offer of food. The fruits served by the Silvermists had their appeals, though I am far more partial to meats and baked produce"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   IC Scene: Aranor's cell Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: Aranor's cell
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next