Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Just talking - archived - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:56 pm

I think it may depend more on cultural aspects than on political systems. Brazil is also a federal republic, but there's images of her everywhere. Maybe that's because the country has a tradition of holding a centralized power, and, most obviously, because it shifted from Brazilian Empire directly to Brazilian Republic quite drastically, while peoples' minds remained essentially the same. Now, instead of the emperor, you had the republic.

The German political system is complicated. I don't dare trying to understand it (by the way, is the Verfassungsschutz a department of the BND, or does the latter work only with foreign affairs?).
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:51 am

Modern Germany doesn't actually exist like you think it exists.

It's actually run by a global conglomerate of the Crab People. They were hoping that they could throw other states into chaos by becoming so successful that other states would try and fail to emulate their structure. It's the Crab People, I tell you!
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
Modern Germany doesn't actually exist like you think it exists.

It's actually run by a global conglomerate of the Crab People. They were hoping that they could throw other states into chaos by becoming so successful that other states would try and fail to emulate their structure. It's the Crab People, I tell you!

...I...I think I've been completely blindsided.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:44 am

It's the only way to make sense of the German model.... that is, it isn't really German, but Crab People.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:51 am

@ Saeros: In fact in contrary to most other European nations Germany is being held together less by a common notion of being one state as a political entity, but rather by sharing one culture. Our unification by Bismarck was not an achievement by the people but something imposed from above, so the unified state as a whole (whose legal successor the Federal Republic founded in 1949 is) is nothing with which the people directly identify themselves. It is our language an culture (composers, poets, philosophers, authors, scientists, etc) that provides the common background.

The BND is the secret service for foreign affairs. Verfassungsschutz is the domestic one.

The political system is complicated only in that regard that we have one more level of parliaments between city/communal councils and the national parliament and that these parliaments of the federal countries determine the composition of the second chamber of our national parliament.

PS: I was looking for the very core of the issue at hand, now I think I found it: The federal states of Brazil are an administrative structure of the state. The latter was basically there before the federal states. The federal countries of Germany, however, were, as historical counties, duchies and principalities there before the federal republic. In fact they had existed for hundreds of years before that.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 am

That makes sense. It may as well be applied to USA's administrative structure.

Quote :

In fact in contrary to most other European nations Germany is being held together [...] by sharing one culture.

That also makes sense. I'm genuinely curious about how that will work out with our increasing globalization issues. If it does work well, other countries might be very interested in knowing how you did it.

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Soooo... who knows an awesome warband mod that centers around the Napoleonic wars?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Multiplayer or Singleplayer?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Singleplayer
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 pm

There's not much for singleplayer in that regard. You might try the singleplayer version of the "1812-1815" mod. But the real fun are the multiplayer linebattles on the Napoleonic DLC.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Iskar wrote:
There's not much for singleplayer in that regard. You might try the singleplayer version of the "1812-1815" mod. But the real fun are the multiplayer linebattles on the Napoleonic DLC.

Okey thanks! my internet connection ruins multiplayer most of the time Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

Everytime that I've logged in today there have been new posts in the missions section.

I don't have access to the specific mission where these new posts are made. Crying or Very sad

I demand that this posting stop immediately! There will be no RP except my RP! /firmnod

Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:36 am

Sure. Whatever you say.

On a totally unrelated note, coincidences of both timing and wording aside, we're still on for that special, super-secret mission that we invited everyone except Ana to, right?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:38 am

What what what?!

This is unfair. I'm not Charlie Brown, I'm Snoopy!

Snoopy is invited to everything! Neutral

... someone should make a Snoopy comic about Pendor. Surely it would be win just by having both, right?
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 am

Snoopy's great Pendorian quest to take down the Red Baron?

It'd be an instant hit.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 am

I was more thinking of the Siege of Snoopy's Doghouse.

With all of his priceless treasures and modern luxuries, I'm sure it's well defended. Elecrai may even look easy compared to it!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I blinked, and a thousand words were written. It's amazing how much crap we here like to talk.

Quote :
I don't have access to the specific mission where these new posts are made.

Oh, my child, there are soo many thingss you don't know. [voiced by Petyr Baelish]

Quote :
... someone should make a Snoopy comic about Pendor

I've lobbied for fanmade Pendor artwork quite enthusiastically before. Apparently no one read my posts or cared.

Quote :
On a totally unrelated note, coincidences of both timing and wording aside, we're still on for that special, super-secret mission that we invited everyone except Ana to, right?

Do you mean the ******** at Gosbur? We could magically teleport her and ignore some laws of physics to send a retroactive invitation, perhaps to add new blood to the misson (also: literally). I thought the interest had died out due to boring hosting. I'll invite her.
Ana, answer this questionary please. Do you:

1) like helping people for no profit or renown?
2) deem acceptable to spend a weekend in the snow, eating grass, for (1)?
3) think you're able to not proselytize for Astraea for a couple of days?
4) work well in a team?
5) have any qualifications useful for this company?

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Well... I like snow.

If by proselytize you mean only spreading the message of, then yes. If you mean refrain from attempts at burning heathens... Pass.

I work very well in a team. So long as everything is clear that the needs of the team come after the needs of the Me.

Who needs Pendor art? We simply need Snoopy ranting about Mordred's law of halves.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Saeros wrote:

Quote :

Do you mean the ******** at Gosbur? We could magically teleport her and ignore some laws of physics to send a retroactive invitation, perhaps to add new blood to the misson (also: literally). I thought the interest had died out due to boring hosting. I'll invite her.
Ana, answer this questionary etc, etc.

Well...actually I didn't mean that event (which is already occurring in a pocket dimension of space and time). As for it dying out...that's because you failed miserably at responding to the posts we made. D: We can't respond to empty air!
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:29 pm

You can, you have the technology.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 pm

A wild Tubby appears!
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 pm

*BANG*

Oh sir ai'm rightly sorry i was thinking you were a dear!
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:18 pm

The trap has been sprung, knights, capture the cannibal!

*dawn knights rush from the bushes with nets and torches, accompanied with villagers and pitchforks (the villagers arent holding them, they are accompanied by living sentient pitchforks, known for their ardent loyalty to astraea)*
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:20 pm

FOR NARNIA!

*The Eastern Coalition rushes out to help the poor cannibals*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next