Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 am

Lok recalled the lore about Vejovis, and how he only appeared to his shamans. This troubled him because the dreams he was having are also told to be one of the ways his god talks to the shamans. Did Vejovis start talking to others besides the shamans? He couldn't talk to anyone in the room about this or even write a letter to his father asking for advice, since someone would have to scribe it for him and nobody knew who he worshiped. Then it hit him. Apophis. He had told Apophis that he worshiped a god that was different from standard pendorian gods. He didn't know if Apophis could write but it was worth a shot.Lok looked for Apophis around the room and spots him. He seems to be lost in his own thoughts. Lok decided to leave him to it and wait until they were done with what they needed to do at cez.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am

Sir Mitchell helped Marcus up, for being unconscious he had recovered his balance and coordination really well...to well..

"Thank you Jareth for getting here with haste, you two also. Thank you."

"But I'm afraid me and Marcus need to have a serious talk, so Im asking you all too leave."

"But before you do go Jareth, I need you to check upon that lad whom is from the north, Lok his name was. He's been acting strange too. Tell him I will speak to him after Im done with Marcus."

Sir Mitchell nodded and turned his attention to Marcus.

"I suggest you take a seat friend, we having things to go over."

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 am

Jareth still dazzled by the things which just happened didn't really remember how he got out of the room. As the door closed behind him the thoughts came back. How Marcus just stood up as if nothing happened after being unconscious for nearly 2 hours.
Then he remembered the task given to him by Sir Mitchell.
He walked into the common Room where still many soldiers where sitting and drinking.

"We're lucky they didn't notice anything" he thought "The rumors would spread fast as Wildfire"

He saw Lok sitting alone in a corner of the room sunken deep into his thoughts.

" You are Lok, right?.....I have a message for you.....You are summoned to Sir Mitchell, he wants to talk to you!.....Right now he is in the Chambers of our Grandmaster Marcus.....Please wait outside the door of his Room.....The guards will let you in when the time is right"

Without waiting for an answer Jareth turned around and went to his Bed, he felt so empty right now, like something sucked all the power out of his body. He had much to think about right now. The least he cared about was that he offended his fellow Soldier Lok, he would talk to him again on the morrow.
He fell asleep only seconds after falling on his bed, still wearing his Armor.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:59 am

Lok barely even heard that he was being summoned by Mitchell, but got up and went upstairs anyways. On his way up he was thinking of what could be the reason. Did he let slip his worship of Vejovis? Surely that wouldn't matter, because even his new friend Apophis was still in the legion, surely Vejovis was far from the mind of the legion. If it was about Vejovis he would have to tell Mitchell, he dare not lie to the man. Lok was sure that lying with the commander of the immortals would be a bad idea. He was at the door now and he nodded to the Immortals.

Hello. Mitchell summoned me. I'll just wait here.

Lok remembered that he was in his armor. If he was to talk of Vejovis it would look suspicious. The person who outfitted him with armor and weapons was suspicious too.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 am

Mumbled talking could be heard from behind the door. Clearly no one was going to know what was being discussed besides them and the Gods.

Meanwhile to the very deep south...

"General, the coassst is few daysss near. We ssshall arrive ssssoon to the sshoresss."

The General smiled, her viper fangs showing, as sharp as a dagger one would say, but only so few have lived to tell about what she looked like.

The storm was raging across Pendor and rain and heavy winds rocked the boat.

The Generals hand gripped tight on her sword as she continued to stare out the window of her quarters.

"Any newsss from the mainland?"

"No, contact with sssubjects hasss been quenched by the ssstorm. No contact at all."

The general continued to look outside. She smiled, knowing Pendor would only be a few days away.

And the thunder roared and lightning deshrouded the armada.

Last edited by MitchyMatt on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 am

Jareth stood upon the ramparts of a once mighty Castle, the walls were crumbling at multiple places and there were long green vines sprouting between the stones. The hills were far in the distance behind him and in front was the great Ocean to the south.
The sky was dark and a huge storm was coming from the sea. Thunder rippled across the sky nearly every second, illuminating the stronghold and casting long wriggling shadows. The waves were nearly as high as the walls and the water was the colour of dark green.
With the waves the water came closer and closer to the castle only stopping before a wall which seemed to be made of pure darkness.
The Waves broke at the wall countless of times but still the storm wouldn't stop. Suddenly an enormous wave rose up and washed the Wall of darkness away. Jareth thought he heard screams as the wave hit the stronghold and the power of the impact threw him of the walls to ground. Opening his eyes again he saw a Man made out of darkness standing atop of him, his eyes seemed like glowing emerald. His armor was Pure blackness but his weapon was shining as bright as the Sun. Then the walls relented to the Ocean and the water closed in on him.

Jareth woke up breathing heavily and his skin seemed cold as death. He heard only faint sounds and talking. It must have been the middle of the night. He got up and walked outside, he needed to get fresh air and a clear mind.

"I can't tell this to anyone, they think I'm crazy"

He walked around a long time. The only light he saw was the one of a room in the Baracks.

"It might be Marcus room. But they have more important matters to talk about than to care about a foolish dream." he thought.

As he couldn't go to bed again Jareth just continued to walk around in and outside of the Baracks to calm down a bit and grasp the sense behind the dream.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 am

Lok was pacing around the floor that Sir Mitchell was on. He went to the window and saw a large mountain cat outside of the town walls. He blinked and it was gone. Was Vejovis toying with him? It didn't matter. He would never betray the legion or the king. He would even fight his kinsmen if it came down to it. He would fight and die for the legion. Lok took his staff in his hands and began twirling it. Twirling his staff was a nervous habit of his. It was late now, and sir Mitchell still hasn't seen him. He hoped Marcus was Ok, they would need a strong leader in the days ahead, if the Snake Cult attack meant anything.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am

Jareths head cleared up a bit and he stopped shaking. Looking around he saw Lok, his fellow Legionaire, looking quickly out the window just for a second. Jareth remembered that he behaved rude to him earlier this day. He decided to visit him and apologize.
As he reached the floor of Marcus chamber he saw Lok walking back and forth as if he was thinking hard about something.
He approached him slowly, thinking about what he would say. As he stood before him he forgot them all and said the only thing that came to his mind.

"Lok, I wish to apologize for my rudenes earlier this day, I was tired and needed time for myself. But as I see you received my message even though I didn't inroduce myself beforehand."

He held his hand out to Lok saying.

"And now as we talk about it. My name is Jareth Meraxes, I am from Barclay."
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:44 am

Lok looked startled but quickly regained composure

"Ah of course, no problem. I had hardly noticed to be honest. I'm Lok as you know."

Lok takes jareth's hand and shakes it

"Say did you see anything strange outside the walls? I only caught a glimpse of something, couldn't be sure of what it was."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 am

Standing so close to Lok, Jareth noticed now for the first time the armor he was wearing. He saw it somewhere in a book but couldn't quite tell exactly where he could be from.

"The armor is not important, it's the man inside it that counts" his father always said.

Turning his eyes again at Lok he answered.

"I've seen quite a few strange things in the past few days but nothing outside this walls. As we are talking about strange things, I can't recognize your armor, I've seen it once in a book but forgot where it comes from. So where are you from Lok?"
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 am

Lok had to tell the truth, if he was caught lying it would only make him more suspicious.He may as well get it off his chest at this point. Apophis had been doing fine in the legion, surely people knowing that he was from the north wouldn't hurt

"Ah. I am from the north. This armor is that of the mystmountain beserker. I found it in the stockpile, and being from the north, i picked it."

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:34 am

"From the North? Then this is a long way from home for you. And isn't it a little bit hot inside this armor. I'm sure its made for the colder Temperatures of the north!"

Jareth couldn't keep a little smile from his face while saying this. He hoped Lok wouldn't notice this or take it offensive.

"You might know I'm not from Pendor, and I'm still learning of this land every day. Could you tell me what your name means, it sounds strange to my ears."

Jareth only read in books about the people form the north. They are hard and cold as their surroundings are it read there. But with his Berserker armor he looked a bit like one of the Savages of the High Mountains which are said to be Cold as a Glacier, but in battle their whole body burns as hot as the Sun only could.

Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:55 am

Lok was glad he wasn't asked about his god

As far as my family can tell my name which was passed down from grandfather to grandson was Lokashokla, means "Of the axe, or Warrior of the axe." Of course, it is quite a mouthful so must of us go by Lok. Indeed it is hot inside this armor sometimes, but you would also be surprised at the thickness and the armor capabilities of the fur on it. It once stopped an arrow in the fur, before it even reached the mail and half-plate underneath. It was a hunting arrow but i was still quite impressed.

He was now wondering where this man was from

Not from Pendor eh? Let me take a guess, Amala? Or perhaps Barclay?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:11 am

"I am from Barclay you guessed right. I left my homeland without the typical Barclay armor and haven't found any yet in the Armory, but I think the armor of the Legion fits well and has proven itself well in battle. So I stick with this for the time."

Jareth was wondering what his Grandmaster and Sir Mitchell were discussing, you couldn't hear a sound from the room. Then he was turning to Lok again.

"As you told me about you I will as well tell you about me. My father was a well known Commander in the Barclay army and I served some time under his command. My Family is known throughout all of the Barclay lands even though we hail from a small village near the Mountains."

"As for my name: We have an old Legend about mighty Lion who was leading a big pack of his kin around near the mountains. As our Village was once attacked by Bandits and we couldn't defend ourselves as all Soldiers were gone to War, the big Lion rushed in with his Pack and killed most of the Bandits."

"This Lion was then named Jareth which means "Protector" or "Shield". This story took place long before my Birth and it is said that every time the Village is in danger the Lion will come again and save us."
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am

While Jareth was talking Lok took the staff off his back and started leaning on it and moves to another topic

"So i have been hearing rumors from townsfolk in the tavern earlier, Which let me tell you finding a good ale in these lands is hard work.... But i digress, i heard that some fishermen had spotted a large armada of ships coming in, and they thought they were Snake Cult ships. What do you think of this? Personally i think the Legion can lick any cultists, numbers don't seem to matter to us."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:05 pm

The late hour and all the work of the day was getting to Jareth, he wanted to go to bed but he also wanted to stay here just to know when the two Grandmasters are finished talking. And of course it was a good idea to learn a bit more about the men he will soon fight with.

"If this rumor is true we are truly looking at dark times ahead. If this Armada is coming they will surely aim for Cez as their first stronghold in Pendor. But the walls here are Thick and High, they will need at least 30 times our numbers if they want to get over the walls. And thats just speaking for the Shadow Legion, we have Immortals as well in the Town."

"This might be the safest place to be in all of Pendor." he said and laughed out loud.

"Concerning the Ale, I found a nice little Tavern in the nothern part of the town right before you enter the central Fortress to the left. If we have the time I can show the best ale I found in Pendor, but it's nothing compared to the real Barclay brew."

Jareth lowered his gaze a bit and thought about the safety of Cez. If this is an Invasion force they will have at least 60 times our numbers.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:16 am

Lok laughs briefly at the safest place in pendor comment

"Aye comrade, Those snake cultists don't have a chance at Cez, Not with the Legion and the immortals backing it up. And don't forget the town guard! I hope Sir Mitchell sees me soon, I'm getting a wee bit sleepy. I'm glad i found a man who enjoys ale like myself, every-time i go out to a tavern with the boys, I'm the only one in the tavern drinking ale and not wine! And good luck finding any mead in any tavern in these lands, it just won't happen!
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:34 am

"I think we have a new mission hear in the south of Pendor, we will find the best Ale in all of Pendor."

Jareth rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand.

"I'm getting tired as well, how long could they possibly speak. But it sure must be important if they talk so long"
"But I will wait here with you. I have something to talk to Marcus about and I hope they are finished before the next morning."

Jareth leaned himself with his back against the wall near the door.

"So Lok tell me how do you get here from the North and then joined the Shadow Legion? If you don't want to tell it its fine, everyone has his burdens from the past."
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:56 am

Lok yawns and keeps leaning on his staff

"Well my father who was a mercenary captain for the old empire moved back up north where my family was originally from after the king united Pendor. He taught me to fight, and on my seventeenth birthday he bought me this Lok motions to his staff And i joined the militia. After about a year of being in the villages militia i joined the pendorian army and a old friend of my father's recommended me to the shadow legion after being in the army for three years. Marcus accepted me and I've been here for a month or two so I'm still kind of new. Some of the veterans say i will eventually lose my love of battle, but i don't think so. I come from a strong warrior cl- family. All the men going back several generations have been warriors, and i intend to keep that tradition. My staff is even engraved with scenes of battle, it was done by a famous weapon-smith in Rane. Thanks, for keeping my company while i await sir Mitchell, did he say anything about why he wanted to see me?"
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 pm

"No I think think the purpose of you coming here was at me and Marcus' discretion."

Sir Mitchell walked out of the room.

"Im sorry for keeping you waiting Lok but we are still talking. Im afraid we wont be able to see you tonight. But we will approach you once again soon. You need rest son and you too Jareth, so go to sleep. We march at noon tomorrow."

"Be careful of the things you see Lok. Visions can be misleading."

He smiled. "Goodnight gentlemen." He bowed and and turned back into the room and closed the door.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:19 am

Jareth just opened his mouth to respond as the door opened and Sir Mitchell came out.
He totally forgot what he wanted to tell Lok about. But that didn't matter now. The march would continue at noon Tomorrow.

As Sir Mitchell closed the door again he turned to Lok.

"Ok Lok, as interesting as this conversation was, I think we have much to prepare now. And I can say for me I have to get sleep fast. I am sure we find some time again for talking but now I bid you a good night."

Jareth bowed a little and waited for a response.

Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:37 am

Lok bowed as well

"Good night, comrade"

Lok went downstairs while thinking on what sir Mitchell said. Visions can be misleading? He already suspected that but how did sir Mitchell know? It didn't matter, he needed sleep for the day ahead. He went down to his bed and actually had a good nights sleep.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:35 pm

The morning began to rise. The storm still shrouded the beautiful southern skies but light was still visible. The rain became a drizzle, but still was relentlessness.

A trumpet was heard in the barracks, as a sign for the men to awake and prepare themselves.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Marcus walked out from his room, looking very healthy again. He gave a little smile to the sunrise, and walked past the guards to greet his men.

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Jareth woke just one minute before the Trumpet sounded, he knew that they would march soon, so he began polishing his weapons and armor. It would be a long march again so he had to get something to eat and drink as well. He hoped there would be enough time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next