Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dathlos
Page
Dathlos

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:31 am

Apophis stood up. And began looking for something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:40 am

Lok got up, got some jerky out of his bag, and started eating it. He then went down to the tavern and had a small mug of ale, and went upstairs and began getting his armor and weapons on. He decided to attach the glaive head to his waist today.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:27 am

Something was amiss this morning, nobody was speaking, you couldn't even hear the horses or birds. It was an unsettling silence. You saw men everywhere getting their armor and searching for something to eat, but everything in silence. Nobody dared to speak as if the Storm would come back if someone spoke.
Jareth went over to the stables and packed his horse. Nearly everything was prepared so he sat down in the little bit of Sun there was and started reading.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:47 am

Having got everything ready, lok went into a corner and started praying. "Vejovis, we face dark times ahead if the rumors are true. I ask you to grant us victory in battle over these snake cultists. Nobody else in this legion worships you, but everyone in this legion kills snake cultists. If you won't grant us victory in battle, at-least grant me a death worthy of my clan."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 am

Reading couldn't really distract Jareth from what was going on. He stood up and walked around a bit, he waited for their Commanders to give the order. The worst thing at waiting was that you started thinking, thinking ahead at what could happen and imagining the worst. It was unsettling and he hoped he could mount his horse soon and start riding into whatever future awaits them.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 am

Sir Mitchell walks out of his room and finds Marcus.

"You need to tell them now Marcus. Its for the best."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Nodding to Mitchell, he opened the door and encountered the forces ready, clad on their armour and currently sheathing their weapons, eating quick breakfast, doing what a loyal soldier does at the morning.

"Some of you have perhaps noticed that I have been acting rather strange lately. It is not due to a disease. It is the Snake Cult. Their goddess has tried to breach my mind, without success until very recently.. she did it. And I fell unconscious, since I did not expect her that moment. Let this be a warning! Never put your guard down. Be always wary. Ultimately, all servants of Azi Dahaka will become SLAVES. Slaves to her will, and you having no free will yourself. And this Legion is a free Legion!"
Back to top Go down
Dathlos
Page
Dathlos

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:57 am

Apophis looks away from Marcus when he mentions that servants become slaves.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:59 am

Lok looks taken aback by the news but quickly recovers.

"Marcus, we are with you. We will show her not to mess with the legion!

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 am

It was a speech expected by their commander. It informed everyone why they are fighting, for the their freedom and the freedom of all of Pendor. They are the first defensive line against the Snake Cult and they are the strongest. If they can't hold them off no one can.

Everywhere around you heard shouts.

"MARCUS ... SHADOW LEGION ... PENDOR"

Jareth added his voice to theirs and now they were prepared for everything, to do everything for their Freedom.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:33 am

When the voices fell silent Jareth stepped forward ahead of the crowd. Only meters before their Grandmaster he drew his sword and fell to one knee ramming the sword into the ground beside him.
With a booming voice he said:

"We are awaiting your command Grandmaster"

He hoped his fellow Legionaires would followed his doing, if not, he would look really stupid. He didn't know if this was as well custom in Pendor as it was in Barclay.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:02 am

Marcus was well aware of the Barclay customs. With a smile he answered:

"I do not expect others to do like you did, Jareth, but let everyone know that this is a barclay custom to honor the commander."

He turned to the rest of the men.

"We will meet up at the meeting hall to have a drink and so that I and the staff can teach you about siege defending. I know that you guys are the elite of the world when defending a besieged town - but we haven't had any practise for a long while, so let us practise now before the storm comes."
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:02 am

Lok grins and nudges jareth

The meeting hall? They will have ale comrade! Looks like we are in luck.... That thing you did just then? It is similar to something we do in the north. Although we don't stab the sword, we generally hit our shields.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 am

Jareth grinned back at Lok and he was quite happy that the situation a moment ago was not that embarrasing.

"I will gladly drink some ale with you, might be it is the best we ever tasted. The last ale before a battle is supposed to be the best. Let's enjoy it"

Jareths grin grew even wider and he gave Lok a strong pat on the back.
Together they walked to the meeting Hall. Around them all their fellow Legionaires.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:58 am

The barrack meeting hall was nothing of grandeur, but It would suffice the purpose of Marcus' meeting.

Legionnaires and Immortals all entered and took seats, as hired maidens were summoned to bring them ale and food.

The hall was loud and Marcus and Sir Mitchell were standing right outside the hall doors.

"Marcus, I'm glad you talked to your men, and your looking much better. But we must make this a quick and positive meeting, there's only so many days left to get to Cez and prepare for whatever lies ahead."

"I shall now go join you at the grand table, walk with me my Empire brother."

And the two walked into the hall, all shouting the names of their honorable Grandmasters.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:28 am

Lok went and sat down next to Jareth, and when the serving maids came out he clapped.

Ah ale!

Lok took a big gulp and began chanting Marcus's name when he and Mitchell entered
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 am

Jareth made his way to the back of the Hall where the two Grandmasters and their advisors would sit. He wanted to be as close as possible to them. Maybe he could overhear something they were talking about. Lok followed right beside him and sat down next to him. The maids gave out the beer and he took a great mouthful of it. As the Grandmasters entered the noise grew very loud. He wouldn't be able and understand a single word even if they yelled directly at him.

"Then I have nothing to do except drinking" he thought.

He raised the cup of Ale in the air and shouted Marcus and Mitchells name as they passed before him.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:44 pm

When the men entered the meeting hall, they noticed there were diffent training points: theory, throwing, siege melee.

Meanwhile the legionaries drank some ale or trained in the training spots, Marcus walked over to Mitchell's table.

"Well, this is it. The last joyful hours before the storm comes. But a thought rose in my mind, and i'm sure you have been thinking about it too.."

He sat down and continued:

"What if the Snake Cult won't besiege this city? What if they just.. leave this place be and conquest the other places first?"
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:50 pm

The Ale was quickly emptied and Jareth decided to take a look at the training spots.
Looking at Lok he said:

"Lok are you taking your second Ale or are you going to train a bit. Might be they have something to teach us, but I highly doubt it."

Jareth ended with a big laughter and decided to take a second Ale on his way around the Meeting Hall
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:51 am

Lok follows jareth.

"Well this will be my first siege so i could probably learn something."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:25 am

Jareth and Lok stopped at the stand where someone was talking about the right positioning atop the walls when the enemy tries to Storm them. He had two assistants with different weapons who showed them a bit of tricks. Jareth found it rather amousing. Nearly his whole life he learned everything about Warfare. The only thing they needed were more men.

Atop the wall they would have to hide behind their shields. There would be no open fighting, every gap in the defense would be filled with 10 Crossbow bolts.

Looking at Lok he said: " I will go to the Theory section, maybe I can teach these Pendorians a bit of Barclay Defense. I wish you good Luck here and we will meet each other later for another Ale" with a smile on his Face he made a little bow.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:53 am

"Excuse me if i don't bow, it means something different altogether where I'm from. You just told me i could take your head if you failed me. I'll ignore it of course. Good luck!"

Lok looks intently at the demonstrator. He had been in quite a few open field battles, but he was new to sieges. Even with his little knowledge it looked to him they would need more men.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 am

Jareth went over to the Theory stand and listened to a guy talking about good ways of defending against a massive Onslaught of enemies with superior numbers.

#1: "Heat Oil or other highly flammable fluids up and then spill them over the enemies, the ones who don't die of the immense heat will be set in fire. This creates diversion and it can keep the enemies away from the wall if the ground is burning as well"

Jareth thought about Barclay where some Alchemist are said to have found an old formular of something they called Hellfire, which would burn even on water and could not be extinguished.

#2: "If the enemy is trying to climb the walls with ladders you should have two soldiers everywhere with at least 4 meter long poles to push the ladders back. This can also crush enemies below"

Everyone listened closely to his explanations, some even took notes. But he didn't tell Jareth something new, he would have to listen longer.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:57 am

Lok listens intently to the man teaching him some siege tricks, and then leaves and goes over to the theory section.

Lok nudges Jareth

"Learning anything new comrade?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Jareth got a little bored at the talking, the guy speaking was no good teacher and in no way a good commander, he couldn't ignite the fire within his men.
He noticed Lok coming nearer and answeres his question.

"No I haven't learned anything yet, I was trained in each aspect of warfare for 5 Years by my father. I know all the theory there is, the only thing I'm missing is the ferocity in battle."

He turned to Lok and said

"I think I need another Ale, will you come join me? We could sit next to the table of the Grandmasters, maybe we learn something new from them"

A little grin rushes acros Jareth face while saying that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 7 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next