Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 am

Johan stopped and turned around

"No harm done so no need to apologize. My name is Johan Noaidi and yes I'm a healer or a villager would say me a shaman and a Dawn knights think that I'm a heretic. The face usually keeps away the nosy questions even among the knights and some villagers are even afraid of it. You should see rest of my face or body, then you start wondering how I'm still in this world"

Johan started to turn around remembered something, he turned back towards the knight.

"Here, take these herbs as a gift. When you're in situation you need aid or sharpen your senses to their limits these will help you. But remember to use them only in when you need them most. They are dangerous in wrong hands, only eat 1 or 2 leaves at maximum and between doses their must be at least 12 hour break."

Johan stopped smoking and emptied his pipe and putted it back under his robes.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:34 am

Lok takes the herbs and stuff them into a pocket in his pants.

"Are you new to the legion Johan? I have been in the Legion for awhile now but i suppose compared to the veterans i am new. I ask because I've never seen you before. We are waiting to be let in the grandmasters tent, but i always have time to learn about the men i will be fighting with."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:01 pm

"I have traveled with the Legion many years as a healer at camps, but I was accepted to order few months backwards. I don't wonder why you haven't seen me, I'm mostly at healers tents or walking outside camp. This way of life comes from my father and i have chosen to follow path. But that's enough about me, I'll tell more later if you want to know. Tell me about yourself, how long have you been in the Legion?"

Johan starts to cough a lot. He sips medicine from a small flask he's carrying and say's:

" I can't talk much because of my injuries."

Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 pm

"Ah. I have been here since about a month before we were attacked on the way here. I am from the north and i was in the Pendor regular army before i was here and the militia in the town before that. My father started teaching me to fight when i was twelve, and gave me this staff when i was seventeen. As i have said before this is Jareth and since we have time it seems, I'm sure he would rather tell his story than have me tell it."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 am

[OOC:edited]

Jareth remained silent all the time Lok and Johan talked. He wasn't someone who talked very freely about himself to strangers. There were still some men in Barclay who want to see him dead so he must be cautious as what to tell and what not.

The moment this Johan stepped closer he noticed his smell, everyone around here didn't bath for a week at least and smelled as they didn't bath for a year. So his scent was odd to say the least. He smelled as if he bathed every morning in a tank of boiling herbs.

"Hello Johan, my name as Lok told you before is Jareth. I am from Barclay and had to leave the country because of minor differences with my commanding officer. As I arrived in this strange lands I made my living as a bodyguard for merchants and mostly as a mercenery. Some lucky day I saw the chance to join the Legion and it was the best I ever made."

Jareth ended with a big smile. He hoped the answer would suffice and Johan wouldn't ask more about his him. He needed to get to know him a bit more for that

After a short silence Jareth continued.

"Say Johan you gave Lok some herbs, and you said they would sharpen his senses. What is the name of these herbs? I am always interested in something new and I don't know this from Barclay."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 am

Johan looked at Jareth when he started talking. When he saw Jareths smile, he felt that he has been in this situation before.

"they are a rare herb called seaidnẹrávdi or death bell in common language. Reason for that name is because only few have found them and came back alive."

Johan took short break, and continued: How was the Barclay army to serve, are the methods different that are used here in Pendor?"`

Johan took couple breaths from his pipe and offered it to Jareth.

[OOC:edited]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:38 am

Jareth takes the pipe from Johan.

"I hope this is not the Death Bell you were talking about." Jareth smiles a bit and takes a big drag from the pipe. At first he only tasted the strong flavor of herbs but seconds later he starts coughing very hard.

Jareth bowed down a bit and held onto Johan with one hand to not fall down. With hearable pain he presses out a few words.

"... to strong ... for me ... remind me that....I don't do......that again"
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 am

Johan started laughing and took the pipe back and said:

"Too strong for you, mild for me. This is my standard medication. Soon you should feel relaxed."

Still laughing Johan takes a breath from the pipe and blows a two circles in the air, smaller going through the bigger.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 am

Jareth slowly recovers himself but he still feels his face is totaly red.

"If this medicine for you, then I have never been truly hurt. I thought I might choke on the smoke."

Jareth coughs once more very loudly and his voice returns to his normal tune.

"As for the Barclay army, some things are different but many are the same. I choose the Shadow Legion because they fight as diciplined as the Barclay army. But in Barclay you could never just with your Commander like we do here in Pendor. The Barclay army is more strict in this, I never dared to give my Commander any advice in public or talk with him about private things so freely. I still have many things to learn."

Jareth cleared his throat again and then continued

"But I am proud I was able to serve in the Barclay army so I try to keep some old traditions alive and maybe I can introduce some of them into my new life here."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:20 am

"Traditions are important, but some people don't like them. But now I have to go to medical tents, There is some work to do but feel free to come and discuss, you need no reason. I'm mostly in tent 4 "special operations". And say Marcus that we need more basic medical supplies if it's possible."

Johan started walking away still smoking his pipe, thinking and wondering why Jareth seemed so familiar.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:02 am

"Farewell Johan, I will talk to Marcus if I have the time."

Jareth waved his hand very shortly and then turned back to the guards at Marcus tent.

"Is our Grandmaster even here? We haven't heard a voice coming out of his tent." Jareth said with a sharp voice.

Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am

Noting Jareths attitude with the gaurd Lok guessed Jareth wasn't all too happy with him or perhaps Johan or even at having to share his story. It seemed odd to him people being secretive in the legion, in the regular army you knew every thing about your comrades. Still everyone is entitled to secrecy he supposed and he was guilty of it himself.

"Aye is Marcus here?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

The Gods wonder why the Legionaries are not looking for Marcus...
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 pm

The Guardsman reacts dazzled to the sharp tone of Jareth. With a quick move he walkes into the tent of Marcus, after a few seconds he comes out with his Face flushed red. The Guardsman starts babbling.

"I am sorry ... the Grandmaster must have gone away while I wasn't looking. Please don't tell anyone!! I am ashamed already."

He tried to stand upright but his head was hanging very low. Jareth never saw a Soldier of the Legion so full of fear of someone. The grandmaster never frightened him, but he didn't knew him as long as the Guardsman did.

"At least we know now that he is not here. You stay here, we will look for him, and if he comes back tell him that we wanted to see him. Is that understood?"

The Guardsmen straightened himself again and resumed his position beside the entrance, only his red face showing of the Situation before.

"Better not make Marcus angry, or I will know why he is so afraid of him" Jareth thought to himself.

Jareth turned to Lok, now a little bit happier.

"Well Lok, he isn't here. A Soldiers life is 90 percent waiting for nothing to happen, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:56 am

"Aye, perhaps we should go find him, we do need to report after-all."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 am

Jareth and Lok made their way through the Camp. In some distance they saw a lot of smoke rising into the sky and they heard loud voices. As they came closer they saw a lot of men sitting around a big fire drinking ale and eating what looked like a whole herd of Cattle.

"Lok look over there, isn't that Marcus over there? Let's go over there."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:49 am

Marcus raised his eyebrows when he saw the two approaching. He shouted to them:

"About time you appear! I thought you'd never see the smoke."
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:16 am

Lok looked at what looked liked an impromptu feast.

"Ah Marcus, I got distracted by one of our healers, Johan, that man is very interesting. Me an Jareth were talking with him outside your tent and then we found out you weren't there."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:51 am

Lok and Jareth strode closer to their Grandmaster. Before he started speaking Jareth made a slight bow and then looked directly at Marcus.

"Hello Marcus, I hope we are not interrupting your little feast. But I have the reports of the training. I wrote it down Jareth hands Marcus a piece of paper with hastily written words. but all in all everyone gave their best and showed that they deserve to be in the Legion. I have tasked Lucius with the Javelin practice and he recommended 5 Soldiers who are real Marksmen with the Javelin. We could make good use of them in the upcoming defense."

Jareth finished and glanced shortly over to Lok on his left and then back at Marcus.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:17 am

When Johan arrived to tents he saw another healer waiting outside his tent. They went inside the tent and talked about how the first aid and surgery had been organized during this campaign. Talk was unimportant but it seemed to make the healer more relaxed. When the healer left the tent Johan took his boots off and lifted his legs to the table. He poured some hot water in the mug at his small table and put some herbs in it. He started writing in a piece of paper. When he finished writing he putted the paper inside his robes. He sipped some of that hot drink and started to meditate.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:33 am

"As he said Marcus, the training went good and i think i may have taught some of them a few things about polearms. I Taught them a bit on shield and polearms, but would like to teach them the two handed method if we ever get an opportunity. After all if you lose your shield a polearm can still be deadly."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:41 am

Marcus gestured with his hand to silence the men.

"Men, I have received news that will make a change at our plans." He spoke loudly to make everybody listen to him.

"Our scouts have reported that the Cultist fleet has been spotted. We must be on the move now; we must ambush them on the beach. Aren't we all masters of that art?"

He raised his tone when he spoke his last sentence.

"Be ready to leave on tomorrow morning. Enjoy this last evening, and prepare yourselves."

Marcus left for his tent.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:03 am

The silvermist representative accompanying the legion had sent a raven Theo communicating Marcus’ news to his troops. Theo quickly responded and the ranger brought the message hastly to Marcus’ tent.

“Greetings to General Marcus

Unfortunately, I am still unable to greet you and your officers personally, as some issues keep me pinned to your Western borders. But if our representative is correct, the snake cult will attempt a landing in Cez shores. It seems we will never have enough of that”.

Considering that you are not very familiar with the silvermist’s tactics, I would like to list a couple of actions and strategies we are able to offer you, so that you meditate in advance on how they fit your battle plans.

Among the rangers now in Cez there are some specialists in light siege equipment. Feel free to order them to build ballistae and small catapults wherever you wish, so as to counter their ships and troops.

Similarly, if you decide to engage them in warships, those same rangers can build artillery in your boats. Besides, since we shoot further than any other human in Pendor. Putting some rangers with fire arrows in your fast ships may be also a good strategy.

If you are not willing to risk a full sea battle, sending two fast ships full of rangers to skim around their fleet and set fire in as many boats as they can *before* their disembark is also possible.

If you must choose between ambush in open field and besieged defense in Cez, be aware that my rangers are most effective in places where they can shoot without being run over by horses. In a city we also have access to a nearly unlimited supply of arrows.

However, Cez has lovely thick forests. Therefore, with all of this in mind and from the Silvermist point of view, our suggestion would be: to sink some of their ships with fire, then let rangers hunt some of them in the woods, then finally retreat to Cez and watch them pointlessly try to break in. With such a constant harassment, their morale will be easily crushed.

These are only suggestions made without knowing what is on your mind. I apologize in advance if they go against your plans.”

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:36 am

saerossaeros wrote:
The silvermist representative accompanying the legion had sent a raven Theo communicating Marcus’ news to his troops. Theo quickly responded and the ranger brought the message hastly to Marcus’ tent.

“Greetings to General Marcus

Unfortunately, I am still unable to greet you and your officers personally, as some issues keep me pinned to your Western borders. But if our representative is correct, the snake cult will attempt a landing in Cez shores. It seems we will never have enough of that”.

Considering that you are not very familiar with the silvermist’s tactics, I would like to list a couple of actions and strategies we are able to offer you, so that you meditate in advance on how they fit your battle plans.

Among the rangers now in Cez there are some specialists in light siege equipment. Feel free to order them to build ballistae and small catapults wherever you wish, so as to counter their ships and troops.

Similarly, if you decide to engage them in warships, those same rangers can build artillery in your boats. Besides, since we shoot further than any other human in Pendor. Putting some rangers with fire arrows in your fast ships may be also a good strategy.

If you are not willing to risk a full sea battle, sending two fast ships full of rangers to skim around their fleet and set fire in as many boats as they can *before* their disembark is also possible.

If you must choose between ambush in open field and besieged defense in Cez, be aware that my rangers are most effective in places where they can shoot without being run over by horses. In a city we also have access to a nearly unlimited supply of arrows.

However, Cez has lovely thick forests. Therefore, with all of this in mind and from the Silvermist point of view, our suggestion would be: to sink some of their ships with fire, then let rangers hunt some of them in the woods, then finally retreat to Cez and watch them pointlessly try to break in. With such a constant harassment, their morale will be easily crushed.

These are only suggestions made without knowing what is on your mind. I apologize in advance if they go against your plans.”

Marcus noticed the raven and the letter. He closed the tent, so that the raven wouldn't leave and sat down to write an answer.

Quote :
Seems we have the same plan, Commander Theo. Very well, we expect you to arrive within two days. When they land, we could perhaps lock them on the beach and pepper them with arrows until you run out of them. Then we will retreat to the second defending position, and do the same until we reach Cez.

Marcus opened the tent and sent the raven flying, carrying the letter.

He stood, wandering off to the camp. He sent thirty men with all the goods to man and prepare the two other defence lines.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:48 am

Sir Mitchell rode his horse back from the direction of Cez. He was surprised that no one noticed his absence but his own kinsmen. He rushed his horse passed the medical tent then into where the bonfire was. The smell of smoke was a nice change of atmospehere besides the blasted weather. He looked for Marcus but did not see him, then rushed to the Grandmaster tent.

"Marcus! I bring word from Kyros Dux of Cez. He is fully aware of the threat at our borders. He also is preparing himself and his men, the walls upon their city."

"My men are now preparing to march to the city to bolster defences there."

He notices the raven flying off.

"The Silvermist contacted you? About what my friend? And most of all, what is our plan?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next