Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:41 am

Jareth was looking around him and saw a few soldiers on the walls and the knights besides Lord Kyros.
"I hope he has more troops than that" he thought before gathering his thoughts and tactics.

"Lord Kyros, I'm pleased to meet you in person. For my plans, I have thought about it a lot and came only to one conclusion."

He made a short break.

"We join our forces and kill their leaders inside the city. That will leave them unorganised. They set up a base in the Barracks to the north and they might have occupied the Chapterhouse. I have two scouts investigating the Situation there. So I say we leave enough men in this Castle to defend it properly, so we have a place to retreat and the rest of us marches towards the barracks."

Jareth made a short pause again and then raised his arm towards the Silvermist Seargent.

"And rest assured with the eyes and ears of a Silvermist within our forces we won't be ambushed so easily."

Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Lady Laisha pulled her cloak more tightly around her shoulders, trying to keep the rain out of her hauberk. It felt odd to be wearing the armor, but it seemed even more unwise to go to war in a thin jerkin. The sounds of clattering armor and the rhythmic plodding of the men behind her was muffled by the screen of falling water and the soaked earth. She sat at the forefront of the Silvermist army, astride her horse Steadfast, alongside her brothers of the Clarion Call. She had spied the scout they had sent ahead far before the rest, but the rain reduced her vision to far below what it normally was.

Listening closely to the man, she weighed her options. "So they're already engaged? I was hoping to give the men a little rest after all that marching.... Well, so be it." She turned to look at Lieutenant Arundel and Sir Alvin Geoffrey, her ranking subordinates. "Pass these orders down the line: Prepare for battle! March at the double quick!"

She only hoped they would get there before her allies were overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 pm

With Johan:

"Prepare for possible enemy contact. Take positions."

Johan ordered medics and himself went closer to see better. He was nervous, as cavalry was foot soldiers worst nightmare. Although the forest and structures will definitely help them. He putted his hand on the handle of his sword, to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:08 am

A lone figure withdrew from the ongoing onslaught, followed by a flock of soldiers: not nearly all of them, but a small portion, as if a small rain-drop from an ocean. It was only a thin line of men, maybe twenty-four soldiers spread in two files. Before them was a group of other soldiers, clad in similar yet different armour, and their leader stood tall over the others. Enraged he was, or at least seemed, which was the main reason for Marcus' decision. To kill an enraged, uncontrollable man was far easier than a calm and collected warrior who kept his wits about him. They advanced now on the Amalan left, javelins in hand, and the Pendorian legionaries held their phalanx vigorously.

Marcus was about to bark an order to his men, but noticed that it wasn't necessary - his men had already readied their javelins, expecting the upcoming order. Marcus raised his own javelin, and saw the others follow behind - they weren't far on the Amalan left flank, but enough to toss the javelins accurately without hitting their own men. And as he tossed his javelin with precision at the Amalans, he knew that soon twenty-four more would follow it. And he was right. Without releasing a sound, the javelins flew through the air in a deadly arc and hit their marks with a satisfying thump. At the same time the Pendorian phalanx pushed onwards, killing the wounded that had fell on the ground and constantly forcing the Amalans to retreat. Marcus repositioned his men according to the constantly changing lines and kept tossing javelins at his enemies. The rest followed his example.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:29 am

As the sound of galloping horses became louder, Theo realized that the time had come. He then issued the order his men were waiting for and prepared to carry out:

"This is it, do your theatrics now! Take defensive positions behind your hedgehogs to withstand the charge, then run screaming back to the forest! NOW!"

Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 am

Caranthir and his squad were riding towards Cez with all possible speed. The city appeared on the horizon as the distant sounds of battle could barely be distinguished from the rain. Caranthir motioned for his men to move faster, but they still had miles to travel.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:56 am

Finn & Eli

Without much more thought, Finn threw caution to the wind, now sure that these were in fact still loyal legionaries, rather than the "filthy cultists" they called him.

"I recognize some of you. See, there's Carus back there, wounded. I also recognize your face, but I don't quite remember your name. But look at our weapons and armour - they're the same. As for why I am here - or actually we, for I also have one friend with me here, I will tell when we are safe. For now, we simply have to make for the town gates and hope that our information is correct."

He signaled for Eli to come out of hiding, and while doing so, he loosened his grip on the blade and left it hanging on his lap.

Lucius

Lucius couldn't think of anything else than the rain. It pounded his back, flooded his eyes, and just generally annoyed him. Yet, each step his horse took was a step closer to fulfillment. Lucius assumed that there would be men waiting at the gates, or at least someone there who could help him. The city was on fire, but surely the rebellion could not be anything but a minor one? Pulling his coat tighter around himself he fastened his horse into a gallop. It slippered on the wet rocks of the paved road that led to the city of Cez, although soon it would not be a city but a burned-down rubble. Well, that's how it all looked like at least. Lucius had not noticed the time running as he had been thinking. The city now loomed ahead, but the flames had died already - the rain was simply too heavy. It looked dead and abandoned, save the occasional sounds of battle that erupted within. He made his way to the gateway, noticing that it had been completely abandoned. Lucius still knew the way to the barracks, but he was unsure of who or what he would meet there. Without a better plan, he parked his horse under the gateway and melted into the shadows of one of the doorways, waiting for events to unfold. It was then when he noticed a lone legionarie on the walls. Fixing his gaze on him, he began climbing up the stairs behind the legionarie. Then as he had climbed to the top, he shouted at the soldier.

"Ho there! Should I assume that you are the gatekeeper?"

Lucius drew his sword. It slid softly and silently out of its scabbard. You could not be too careful.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:35 am

Eli and Finn:
Eli felt very nervous after Finn’s proclamation. It was a gamble he was taking, their lives at stake. Still, if he remained hidden, the situation could go only worse. With a heavy mind he made his way out behind one of the carts and went to his friend. If this didn’t work, Astraea help Finn.

The other Legion soldier looked at Finn for duration of Eli’s walk. When Eli stopped, he looked Finn straight in the eyes piercingly.
“I can see from your eyes… None of those filthy snake bastards could talk like that with any shred of sincerity. I am Darius, a Legionnaire under Grandmaster Marcus. We got ambushed by other Legionnaires turned traitor and our friend got wounded. We hoped to find medical supplies in our Chapter House.”
He then looked at the aforementioned building.
“There are some people inside. We just don’t know who, yet.”
He finished.

Caranthir:
Keep riding Caranthir!

Lucius:
(OOC: I will ignore the stairs-part. You are at the gate)
The gatekeeper took a look at Lucius. Somewhat unsure what to do, he replied:
“I am currently responsible for the gate, so yes, I am a gatekeeper, in a sense.”

Marcus:
It was not even a battle. Not a proper fight. It was brutal massacre. All the Legionnaires at the opposite side were dead or severely wounded and Marcus’ troops were unharmed. One of the higher-ranking Legionnaires made his way to his Grandmaster.
“Sir, we have confirmed that there are no more hostile forces nearby.”
He paused for a while before continuing.
“And that screaming lunatic was probably a very high-ranking person. His equipment is of incredible quality. It is almost a shame he died, he might have had information on this invasion.”

Theo:
The Rangers followed the orders without a question, and perhaps with a little too much enthusiasm. When the cavalry was only a few dozen feet away, the Silvermist line “broke” and the Rangers ran away screaming very loudly. The cavalry heard the shouts which just fuelled their egos. Too bad the first ones crashed into the hedgehogs, and fell down very painfully as their horses got mauled.

Johan:
“Uh, sir? What the hell just happened?”, one of the medics asked their commander, Johan. The scene in front of them was quite hilarious to see. Sivermists running away screaming and the cavalry trying to regroup desperately
“Should we run away with the rangers?”, another asked.

Jareth:
Kyros Dux thought about Jareth’s words for only a second before retorting with a sigh.
“Your plan is a simple but solid one. Specifics need a little brushing, though. I have currently 200 Legionnaires (regulars) and 50 Knights at my immediate disposal. I trust they will be more than enough?”

Laisha:
“Negative, m’lady. The landed forces are currently organizing themselves. We are not sure about the reasons, but they appear to be close to finishing.”
The Ranger left it that and hoped that their commander would come up with something.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 am

With Johan:

"I don't know what happened, go deeper in the woods but stay near. And you, tell others to be ready for anything."

Johan was confused about this. He didn't know the plan completely but this running around seemed little weird. He then turned to others.

"Move, I'll try to find the commander."

Johan started scanning the running group so that he could find commander.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 am

Jareth was listening to Kyros Dux. In his head he was already making plans for the battle.

"Simple plans a sometimes the most rewarding. And we don't know much about the numbers of the enemy or their position. I think we should waste no time and move out. I can think very good under pressure and the Courage and discipline of the Legionaires will keep the troops together if we are ambushed."

Jareth made a pause.

"I suggest we leave 50 Legionaires inside the Castle. They should be able to defend against 5 times their numbers. With the rest of my men outside we have more than 230 men ready to march."

Jareth was already thinking about the way they would take through the city and how to guard the sides and rear. It would be hard but there was always a way.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 am

At the forest border:

No one could see that Theo was smiling. He was finding all of this very amusing.

"Let us laught a bit before the situation calls for tears", he thought.

After shouting "RUN TO THE FOREST" one more time, Theo and the rangers entered the woods and disappeared inside it once more. Their silent laughter helped to relieve whoever was shocked by those theathrics and make it clear it was only one more tactic.

"Well, rangers, now we do what we are used to and wait patiently.", said Theo. "If they don't follow us here, then I'm afraid we will have to charge in directly. They should have already disembarked and moved into the city. I'm sure nothing good will come for us by their delay, and perhaps we will have to stop it."

"Say", Theo turned to his field assistant, "did you bring one of those Clarion horns in that gigantic bag of yours?".

"Here it is, commander, as you asked", said Aidan, the assistant, "As a matter of fact I have two, don't know why".

"Good. Now go find two northmen among our ranks. With their mountain lungs they can blow this thing far longer and louder than me. Northmen are easy to spot here: just look for any ranger with his helmet and gauntlets off. They can't seem to stand this damp heat".
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:51 am

Along the northern road:

Realizing in her haste that she had trampled on the scout's response to her initial assumption, Laisha held up her hand, stopping Arundel and Geoffrey before they could depart. She shook her head, however, when she realized the correction changed little.

"Engaged or not, there will still be no time to rest," she said to no one in particular. She stared into the curtain of rain obscuring her view of the waiting enemy force, seemingly lost in thought. "Geoffrey, pass the double quick order down the line and make sure the supply train sends the ballistae forward. Arundel, I want you to prepare the forward units to deploy into battle lines once we hit the beach."

Geoffrey cleared his throat. "With all due respect, ma'am, your orders are to report to Captain Theo as soon as possible."

"I haven't forgotten. However, this rain is keeping us from knowing his location and, from the sound of it, we don't have the liberty of hunting around blindly for him while our enemy is nearly ready to march into Cez itself. We need to prepare for battle now."

Geoffrey smiled slightly. "Just keeping you on your toes, m'lady."

Smirking at his odd sense of timing, Laisha said, "You know your orders. Move out!"
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:36 am

Eli and Finn

"We were sent by our current commander Sir Jareth, under Grandmaster Marcus. We don't know how many went rogue, but I suppose we can take a look at the place. Maybe not everyone in there went over. However, it is evidently clear that a majority of those who remained here did not stay loyal. It is a slim chance that they will be friendlies." He knew that the day would not become better in a while if what he said was true. "I suppose we should move out quickly. Sir Jareth's making contact with the Duke of Cez, or trying to. We'll go and take a look at the Chapterhouse, and then return to Sir Jareth unless we think they're friendlies." He winced his eyes shut; the rain would not stop, either. Blood and bloody ashes, the Cultists take Jareth for sending me to this bloody mission! Grunting, he moved over to the injured fellow. "I suppose that the fellow will need medical attention very soon... the Gods willing we'll reach the place quickly."

Lucius

Lucius kept reminding himself of his important task. "Unite all legionaries who are still loyal to Marcus and Pendor." It wouldn't be easy. And the damned rain just kept pounding. Its only purpose apparently was to shroud the landscape in thick rain. Few would be able to see through such a flood. And then there would be the problem of "a gatekeeper". He did not seem to be one of those loyalists he was supposed to unite; apparently the invaders grabbed hold of most of the key points in the city long before anyone knew. But for the moment, the best way seemed to just play along. "Good, good. Do you happen to know where your commander is? I bear a letter, only for his eyes. From my Commander." He heavily emphasized "his eyes", hoping that it would somehow get him through the man. But the most likely outcome of his question would be that the gatekeeper will become suspicious. It would perhaps be his only hope right now; keeping his hopes up for the possibility that he actually was carrying an important letter from commander to commander. But now he could just wait. He tightened his grip on the hilt of his sword, and even kept his hand ready to reach out for his javelins. But that was the extent of his actions; he could not do more without having the man notice it.

Army of the Shadow Legion(Marcus)

"Collect his equipment and anything he carried with him. If you find any letters, instructions or anything of the sort, try to preserve it. Then we'll move back into the forest. I need to make contact with Theo." As the legionary scurried off to examine the officer, Marcus grimaced. He regretted for not hearing what the man had to say; his equipment would make for a neat victory trophy, but the man himself alive would've been far more valuable. Mistakes happen in war, I suppose. Nothing to regret about it. Yet he felt hollow, as if he had been left out of some necessary part of himself. He was sure that the information would've been very valuable. But there would be other officers. Other high-ranked fellows to collect and question. Perhaps even the High Commander of the Snake Cult's forces... he shuddered as he thought about her. But this time, she felt familiar in some way. He just couldn't put a name to her... but if he'd think hard enough, he was sure he could do it. He was sure, now. He knew the woman...

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

Lucius:
Lucius vaguely recognized the gatekeeper from the Legionnaires he had commanded. He couldn’t remember the name, but he recalled some info about the man. A genuinely good and loyal man if, fortunately, slightly dumb. Another testament to the cult’s corruptive influence.
“Ah, you’re talking about that Amalan commander. He must have news about his mission.”
He then paused for a while.
“The commander is at the North Gate. I’ll open the gate but I hope you have a strong stomach. What you will see is not pretty.”
He then disappeared behind the walls, and true to his words, the gate opened enough to fit Lucius in. Again, true to his word the sight was not pretty. Bodies of mutilated men were scattered around the scene, bloodied and broken. Their blood ran with the water from the rain. A few Legionnaires were standing in guard but a few were doing questionable things to women… and children, their screams muffled by gags.

Marcus:
It might take a while for the man to return but it would be worth it. Marcus’s thoughts are eventually cut off when the man returns.
“Sir, the commander wasn’t carrying any letters or instructions. However, a wounded traitor mentioned that their target was you, sir. He hasn’t spilled anything else yet, though.”

Eli & Finn:
Eli, Finn and their newfound allies didn’t get to do anything before the sound of galloping interrupted them. Everyone in their general vicinity tensed and were taking formations to repel the possible threat. They didn’t wait long before a group of Clarion Call Rangers, flanked by two Centurions arrived at their position and halted before them.
One of the Centurions stepped forward before Finn.
“Legionnaire Finn, I presume?”

Caranthir:
Caranthir and his squad pushed through the rain along with a column of Clarion Call rangers. They could already see the city of Cez in the horizon which filled them with more vigour. However, one of the Silvermist rangers noticed something and motioned for the others to stop.
“There are tracks that lead to the forest. A cart has headed there.”

Johan:
The healers didn’t need to be told twice as they retreated through the way to used to come here. Johan, however, went closer to the now-stopped Silvermist detachment having recognized Theo as their commander. He was thinking the way he should approach them when the sound of a clarion horn bellowed through the rain and startling him, and revealing him.

Theo:
The assistant saluted and left to fulfill his mission. It didn’t take long for him to find one of the northmen in the detachment and handing him the horn.
Theo of Janos heard the loud noise and silently congratulated himself. However, his thoughts were cut off by another noise from his flank. Someone was moving through the forest toward him.

Jareth:
Sir Mitchell interrupted the conversation at this point.
“If I may…” He said looking at Kyros who just nodded.
“…I believe we should take the North Gate first. Yes, they have the largest garrison according to our Silvermist friends, but the Snake Cult army landed north of Cez and it is likely that they will proceed into the city from there.”
Kyros Dux continued from there.
“I personally agree that the North Gate is perhaps the most important strategic point at the moment. It is also the location to the city barracks, filled with weapons and other armament. It provides them a perfect place to plant an ambush to a possible threat.”
He then turned to Jareth.
“While 50 Legionnaires are capable of defending the fort, they would have no leader to coordinate their effort. I would leave at least 5 of my knights to keep watch over them and bolster their morale.”

Laisha:
Geoffrey ran off shouting orders to the men present. It would take some time to get them to their positions but they would be faster than the Cultist army.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:34 am

Lucius

Amalan commander? Does he mean the High Commander? Who else could this Amalan Commander be? He couldn't believe his luck, either. He had by the least expected the man to become suspicious, but instead he had opened the gate for him. And revealed to him the most disturbing of sights. Streets littered by bodies, blood running in rivers down the alleys, the wailing of women and muffled shouts of children being abused filling his ears, he tried not to look. The whole scene was like from a nightmare, yet soon the disgust was replaced with anger. He wanted nothing more than to kill the monsters that called themselves Legionaries; he wondered how such psychopaths had ever been accepted to the Shadow Legion. No, there was nothing they could've done to prevent it. Azi Dahaka's influence could reach a man a hundred miles underground, make him do things he had never thought doing before - here was the proof.

Now that he was inside, he could only follow the road he had chosen. The North Gate, most probably garrisoned heavily since the commander of these men was there, would be his destination. Unless it was all a show. Either way, he would have to be wary - no, he should expect an attack at any point. He could not but to feel a little fear as he treaded down the road. What would he say when he arrived there? He could only come up with one message. It had to be enough; if nothing else, at least it would grant him the needed minutes to make his escape and find those still loyal to Marcus. Still the rain pounded, but the sounds of fighting were still clear in his ears. He could only hope that the resistance was organized, though - there was no way of finding it out by mere sounds, the clashing of steel against steel. The fighting seemed to be calming down, though. Hoping that it was only because the defenders were rallying, he fastened his pace, rounding yet another corner only to find that he had come to a large paved courtyard. The North Gate.

Marcus

Staying could mean the death of his entire Legion, leaving losing the last scraps of information he could wriggle out. But it could be vital. The risk had to be taken. Grasping for a calm, cool tone, he casually gave his orders to the Legionary.

"Treat him so that he won't die, but make it brief. We will make it for the forest and "encourage" him to speak on the way. Use any means necessary to squeeze all information he's got out of the man. I don't care if you pull out his toenails - threaten only first, mind - but I want that information.

The rest of the Legion had already formed up, facing the forest, eyeing the area about them as warily as the forest. Around the edges of the formation the Centurions stood resting their horses, some looking casually at the rain as if they could bore a hole through it with their gazes.

Eli and Finn

Finn whirled around, finding a Centurion on one of the fabled Ironbred Stallions eyeing down at him. Relief surged through him; the Clarion Call Rangers surely meant allies. More besides, he recognized this Centurion. Centurion Catullus, a veteran from Stormcliff Clove. Finn himself was one of the newer recruits, but he still knew the story well enough to recognize one of Marcus' closest advisors during the battle. There was no hesitation in his voice as he answered, every bit as formal as the Centurion had been.

"Indeed. What word do you bring?"

He glanced sideways at Eli as if to stop him from interfering.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:50 pm

The Adrenalin was pumping hard through Jareths body and the warmth returned. Finally decisions are being made.
And it was the correct decision. Battle will be upon them and it will tough.

He was happy as well that Sir Mitchell finally said something, they wouldn't be able to defeat the enemy if he was to hesitant to command his troops.

Jareth bowed before Kyros Dux. With his right hand he formed a fist and held it aboce his heart. He didn't even feel the weight of his Armor, every muscle in his body was preparing, now he must prepare his men as well.

"As you command my Lord. With your leave I will get out at once and prepare my men. They are eager for some action. We will await you outside the Gate."

Jareth straightened again and turned to leave with long strides.

Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:37 am

Johan put a piece of cloth around his arm to be recognized as a medic. He moved quickly towards Theo. When he got to talking distance he asked:

"Commander, what was that? I saw you running back in panic and still you're here waiting something calmly."

Johan was still wondering this weird incident. After short break he continued:

"Sorry Commander, forgot to report myself. I'm Johan, leader of the combat medics."

Johan was waiting Theos answer curiously.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Laisha loved the rain. It turned the world into something vibrant and beautiful, changing the lands with mists and flows. This rainstorm was the first she ever truly hated. It drenched her, leaving her sticky and hot in the southern weather. It blinded her when she needed to see the most. The worst part was that both combined robbed her of her confidence, right when she needed it the most.

Even now, she was second-guessing her decision to ready the troops for battle. She was no military commander by far, making the constable's decision baffling at best. Even worse, however, was that her best talent prevented her from being of use to that army, an army which now looked to her for direction. The snakes did not seem willing to give another choice, however. If they were preparing for a full assault, she knew the Legion's defenses would not hold for long.

"Lady Laisha!" Lieutenant Arundel rode up to her, his mission apparently complete. She nodded as she dropped her hood and started to loosen her helmet. "The orders have been passed down the line and the forward units will be ready to deploy at your command. Sir Geoffrey has ridden off to ensure the supply train receives its orders."

"Then he'll have to catch up." Attaching her helmet to Steadfast's saddle, perhaps a little hap-hazardly, Laisha allowed the rain to flow freely through her hair. How the southerners could abide the mugginess was beyond her. She drew her sword, a thin Ravenstern-style blade, from it's scabbard and raised it high before the column behind her. She couldn't turn back now. "Defenders of Pendor, forward!" she cried, ushering Steadfast forward at a trot, fast enough to keep pacing with the now quick-moving column.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:28 am

At the forest:

“Nice to have you here, Johan”, Theo says. “Right now we are trying to lure the enemy into the forest - what you saw was only theatrics. Soon we will engage the Snake cult in the open. I’ll ask you to stay a little more in the rearguard: soon enough we will have plenty of wounded to take care of. If you need anything to do your work, just ask me or my assistant. Although I’m afraid I can’t do much in this place. What I ask from you is to remain alive - you are very important to us”.

Theo suddenly turned his head to the side. “You, northmen, stand ready. At my signal you will blow the horn as loud as you can.” Then the captain stops, holds his breath, and looks away. “Lieutenant, trasmit the command to the rest of the troops: ‘enemy is coming; hide and stand ready for the ambush’. ”. The lieutenant turns back and makes some movements with his hands. A ranger a few yards behind watches attentively, acknowledges them with his head, and makes the same movements, once to the left, and once to the right. The process is repeated by all squad leaders, and soon the whole detachment was aware of the command.
The forest fell silent. The rain helped it, of course. Some rangers had their arrows knocked, while others were taking care of the traps – but all were hidden in the vegetation, in their last moments of that tense stillness, that seemed to last hours.

[OOC: we will ambush whoever is coming; if they are few, we'll capture them alive for interrogation. After that, we’ll move to the beach, fight for a while, then, retreat deeper into the woods, in order to use the remaining traps. And after that , we will advance once more to the beach. This will be repeated until other variables arise.]
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:35 am

Johan listened the commander and said:

"Do not worry about me, I can take care of myself. But If its possible I could lend couple rangers to cover us."

Johan knew already that he propably won't get any men, but hes conscience told him to ask.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 pm

At the forest:

"Precisely: you're both fighters and medics, which makes you twice as valuable", Theo said. "And you have higher ranks than my rangers, which means that if you need something, such as covering you in the eventuality of a skirmish, you may ask any of the men around you."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:27 pm

"Thank you, but now I must return to my men. May to Gods be with you."

Johan left and went to see his men and to explain them the situation.
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:37 am

Caranthir and his men carefully rode through the forest towards the sounds of battle. As they got nearer, Caranthir noticed some Silvermist traps.

"We must be near Theo's group. Dismount here and take care for the traps, and we should see the others soon."

Just then, the rear of Theo's force came dimly into view through the heavy rain, and Caranthir led his squad closer.

OOC: I have another class in a few minutes, so I will post again or edit this to add some interaction between my squad and Theo's men.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 am

At the forest:

A whistle could be heard. Although it sounded like a redbird's tweet, it actually meant "friends approaching". Rangers would know that there aren't any redbirds in Eastern Pendor.

Then five rangers climbed down their trees, which were interconnected by a system of ropes and planks. Without taking another step, they stared into the darkness for a while, and, then, after realizing who was coming, they spoke loudly:

"Grandmaster!", all five bowed in respect, "We were not expecting you! We are being commanded by captain Theo, and I suppose you would like to talk to him. He is in the vanguard and has ordered us to prepare to engage the enemy at any moment. Please be aware that we have set up the whole forest in the Rosethorn system of traps, so I suppose you will be able to reach him quite easily if you keep to the safe tracks.
The traps start precisely here, and right now you are standing six feet away from the spiked ditch that marks the border of the Rosethorn system. At your left there are the trees we use to cross the ditch, and the ropes are hidden behind their trunks."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:14 am

Theo:

For many agonizing seconds that seem like hours, no one moves. The Rangers are constantly on alert and closely follow the sounds coming from the direction of the Snake Cultists. Then they notice something: It sounds like the enemies are retreating. The combination of trees and rain prevents the sight of details but there doesn’t seem to be anything coming nearby

Caranthir:

Please, refer to Saeros’ last post.

Eli & Finn:

“Our orders from Centurion Jareth stand that we are to secure the East Gate. However, it seems that we have some more legionnaires. So tell me, where does these soldiers’ loyalty lie?”

The centurion remained completely regal during his little report. He was slightly suspicious of these new legionnaires. While Eli & Finn seemed to trust them, he didn’t let his guard down.

Marcus:

On his way to Theo.

Laisha:

One of the scouts report an unexpected problem: the ballistae are keeping the pace slow and thus it would take longer to reach the enemy.

Johan:

The medic anxiously listened to what Johan had to say. They appear relieved that they would be protected but their expressions gave away their fear of the situation. What if the rangers’ support proved inadequate? It didn’t take long for one of them to voice their hidden thoughts

“Uh, sir. Are you sure we can rely on the rangers? Not to be disrespecting but… They are probably rather busy.”

Lucius:

The North gate of Cez had a long and hard history. The thickest of fighting had always happened there, yet many times it had held against her enemies. Yet now, it was the same as its sister, the West. The streets filled with the bodies of people: women, men, children. Blood had filled the street completely despite the cleansing rain. The guards were scarce and depravity wasn’t as prevalent here, thankfully. Although this could hint that the traitors were already done, Lucius reflected.
He was broken from his thoughts by a shout:

“Halt, who are you!?”

The speaker was a Legionnaire judging from his equipment.

Jareth:

Kyros Dux gruffily replied back:

“This won’t take more than 5 minutes.”

He turned away and started shouting orders to his men. True to his word, the soldiers were stunningly efficient. Sir Mitchell, Jareth and the sergeant took the chance regroup their soldiers. What rather few they had n comparison to the Duke’s host.

“That went stunningly well, don’t you think.” Was Sir Mitchell’s comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next