Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)

Go down 
+24
Isabel Tenorio
Tubby McChubbles
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
MitchyMatt
Centurion1
Saeros
DiabloDude
Pravenstern
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Wolfarmin
dowpride
Azlanek
Ser Varys
Daedr0th
Curanthir
Slopsen
SimplePlan96
Lokloklok
Knight Silaric
Kamos
Psychozoa
Mordred
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 am

on the subject of the ships, how great a land mass is there seperating the seas of the fierdsvain and the seas of the empire? Would it be possible to sail those ships around to either side or is the distance to great?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:05 am

Mordred wrote:
The location of your vessels must be noted in your Chapterhouses. Fleets may sail between the South Sean [sic!] (49 or 65) to the Western Sea (1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9) and between the Ravenstern Sea (20) to the Western Sea via the Ravenstern River (2). To do this, your fleet must be in the starting province at the start of that week, and will arrive for the 4th week (ie taking a season to sail). Note, to sail the Ravenstern River, you risk attack from land forces of each river province you sail through.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am

thx
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 pm

Quick questions:

1. The Ravenstern sea has fresh or salt water?

2. Is it possible to borrow money from the crown? What's the interest rate? And what's the limit?

Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 am

1. Does it matter?

2. No, afraid not. It has the potential to unbalance too many things.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:13 pm

1. I was hoping that there were major strategic differences for the ships in salt and fresh water, but it seems that it's pretty much the same anyway, so forget it...

2. k.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 pm

Just had an idea for something you could add to Manifest.

How about throughout the map there are little "quests" which would essentially be microscopic events. Each quest would be something like a murder mystery, a bandit group, some cultists, anything really, that the orders send individual knights (Player characters) off to solve. They give little bonuses to whoever completes them or perhaps have small negative modifiers if you ignore them.

Like if there are bandits you choose to do nothing about you lose some RP from the province they are in. Or you could choose to recruit them and lose loyalty in the province you did so ect.

Just thought they'd be little bite sized events some of the orders could do while they are in downtime or waiting for something else to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

Interesting idea DrSane... but who would run them? The reason the events go slowly already is because the hosts are already overwhelmed with the work load, and for myself I have more than enough on my plate already.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 am

I was thinking of having them for orders finished with thier individual events so that they could have something to do whilst w8ing for others to finish. Not all the time, wich would be a bit of a nightmare, but something to do in downtime for certain orders.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 am

I would like to keep the mini events going and at the slow rate already would be hard to manage even smaller things with addition of events. Once mini events are over I want to move into major events.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:56 am

Yes, we have already planned a clear path to follow - a major event(done already), some minor events, another major event, and PoP4.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 am

How many major events are there going to be?
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:01 am

Well, we'd like to keep you on your toes, so why spoil the surprise?
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:55 am

No guys listen.

You dont use them for orders currently in an event

Its to be put into the game for orders who have finished thier events early and who need something to do while waiting for the next event.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 pm

like little quests to entertain us as we wait for the others
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:20 pm

yer!
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Sounds like an interesting proposition. Lets see if the GM's feel the same... Cool
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm

I can think of a few ideas, of what to use as quests.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:07 pm

I have one ready and can host it myself, but it was intended to be used with that folk knights group. It's a micro-event, to take place in only one village and it's surroundings (= low impact). If the GMs indeed decide to use Sane's ideas, I'd be happy to put that on the table. Just say the word.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 am

You're more than welcome to if you want Saeros, let me know if you want a seporate board for it.

Also, it should exist outside of the space-time continuum so that anyone can take part at any time.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks, it’d be great if you opened up a board. I’ll organize my notes and will have something RP ripe soon.

However, only those 8-10 people I’ve messaged would participate. I suppose I could handle more groups at the same time, but I’d rather wait and see how smooth this one goes.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm

can everyone read it though?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

It'd ruin the RP feel. They can all openly talk about it, though.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am

Is all the information in the reports needed? I might remove some of the redundant elements like the bonus modifiers and income/upkeep modifers as your influence level will let you know that. The totals will remain however so you can determine where efficiencies are required.

I am also planning to add in the total building slots available for each province to the report, so you have that at a glance.

What aspects do you use often / ignore?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 am

Note;

Bazaar, Marketplace, Caravan Stop, Registrar and Custom House have had their income reduced by 25%

Bazaar upgrades to a Marketplace upgrades to a Caravan Stop
A Registrar occupies its own build slot (basically an economic add-on)
A Custom House occupies its own build slot (basically an economic add-on)

Info Sheet Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next