Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

District 1: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

District 1: Actions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Ser Varys bowed, and said, "My name is Sevar. I've come with my men, Haruch, and Rocorad, to sign up for the position of 'Sewer Guide'. I was told to come to the captain's house in the morning. I hope I haven't been misinformed?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:56 am

Waking in the early hours of the morning, Celdiur quickly set about preparing himself for the coming day. The sun rose swiftly over the arid plains, quickly basking the sky in its glow. Astraea has sent me the gift of a fine day. I will not squander it he thought to himself as he tore into a breast of chicken.

Upon finishing his meal, Celdiur once again thanked the tavernkeeper before setting out on his way towards the market square where he would find this Vata zealot, and of course the mysterious figure of Captain Dhez'ral.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:03 am

Dhez'ral's manor:

A sewer guide, eh? Follow me.

The guardsman opened the gate with a large iron key and led them into the courtyard.

The latter was bordered by archways on the three other sides. Perhaps the yard itself had been a flowering garden in past times, but now it had been turned into a training ground for the guardsmen.

Make way! bellowed a watch sergeant when they entered and as they quickly stepped aside a patrol marched past them out of the gate. Some guardsmen were practicing in the yard and the clanking of their swords drowned out the noise of the market square coming in from the outside. They went to the rear side of the yard, where the guardsman knocked at a door. When a muffled voice from the inside granted access, the man led them into a large room with an appropriately sized desk in its centre. Apart from this, some shelves full of paper scrolls and a weapons and armour stand the room was empty.

These here wish to sign up as sewer guides, captain, the guardsman addressed a stern looking man in his mid forties sitting at the table.

Fine, back to your post, Khalid. Dhez'ral spoke in a way that made quite clear he was used to giving orders. The hard lines around his mouth and a constantly furrowed brow gave him a condemnatory look - a fact he obviously did not regret. Khalid saluted and exited, closing the door behind him, and Dhez'ral turned to Varys, Rocorad and Haruch.

Now, you want to work as sewer guides? Well, I cant work with stupid or incompetent men, so you will prove your skills before I employ you. The sewers are haunted by a band of criminals, who murder my men when patrolling down there. If you're so good at finding your way through the sewers you will certainly be able to kill one of these criminals. Be back here tomorrow at the same hour - with the head of one of these villains!

The market square:

When Celdiur arrived at the market square the podium was still unoccupied, but a gaurdsman was standing at the steps leading up to it. The market was bustling with activity and many people had gathered around the podium by now.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Varys nodded, and said, "We will return tomorrow with the head of one of these men."

Turning, Varys headed towards the sewers in the morn, not waiting for night to fall.

They headed towards where they had seen the shadowy figures patrolling.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:07 am

Celdiur gently pushed his way through the gathering mob, heading towards the guardsman at the foot of the podium, eager to gather what information he could on this preacher. Upon reaching the guard, Celdiur came to a halt and folded his arms, examining the podium as he thought of how best to approach the situation.

"Some crowd, eh?" he started up casually with the guard, who took a few moments to realise the words were aimed at him. "Strange, ive never seen any preacher become so popular with the populace of Singal. What makes this man so special? Must be rich im guessing!" Celdiur finished with a faint laugh.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 am

The sewers:

They reached the place where they had last seen the shadowy figures. Again gleaming around the corner, Varys again saw patrolling shadows at the rear end of the tunnel. Approaching them the direct way would most likely lead to detection.

The market square:

The guardsman looked a bit puzzled at first. Obviously people did not often condescend to idly chatting with him.

Eh, rich, I dunno, ye see. Was just ordered to make sure no trouble makers get onto the podium. Anyway, I'm not allowed to talk 'bout orders from the capt'n. He seemed to ponder a thought for a moment. But..., been standing here quite some time now, and I've nothin' to drink, ye see...
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Varys examined the area around him, hoping to find a way around, to ambush them from behind.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:22 am

A large grin slowly spread its way across Celdiur's face as he pondered the guards poorly disguised request.

"Your very blunt, arent you my friend?" he began, "But of course you are right. The days can be unbearably hot here in Singal, and a refreshing beverage is always a welcome gift. I'll return soon."

And with that Celdiur pushed his way back through the gathering crowd and made his way towards the stalls. Everything, no matter what, could be bought and sold freely in the markets of Singal, and thus finding but a few drinks was no daunting task. Upon purchasing both a bottle of water and cheap beer, Celdiur made his way back to the podium, and to a rather parched looking guard.

"Here" he said, holding both bottles out in front of him, "Water and beer. Take your pick. And now then, I believe you had something to tell me?

A sly grin spread across his face.

((OOC: I made the presumption that I could go out and purchase some drinks easily enough without the GM's approval. If not then edit accordingly))
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:41 am

The sewers:

Haruch noticed Vary's undecidedness.

Lemme lead, he whispered. Following Haruch they made their way through several tunnels, the last of which seemed to be leading upwards a bit. Finally they appoached the end of the tunnel from where faintly flickering light could be seen. When they drew nearer Varys noticed that the tunnel led to a large chamber lit by a multitude of torches. However the tunnel exit lay several feet above the ground level of the chamber. Crouching down so as not be seen from below Varys dared a look into the latter - and almost gave a cry of surprise. The chamber was in fact a large dome-shaped vault. It was filled with men in dark clothes sitting at tables, drinking and eating, some patrolling in front of the ground level entrances to the vault. There were even roughly made beds and sleeping rolls arrayed at the walls. Three tunnels led from the vault into the darkness of the sewers, but one other tunnel was brightly lit, though Varys could not see where it led. At the opposite side of the vault he saw a similar tunnel opening some feet above the ground - and within sat a man in dark clothes, a bow on his lap, obviously a watchpost. Varys's heart stopped. Any movement could attract the man's attention.

The market square:

Oy, ye're a good man! said the guardsman, grabbing both bottles at once. He opened the beer bottle first and took a considerable gulp, before addressing Celdiur again. Why, whaddya wanna know?
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 pm

"Everything you could possibly tell me, friend" Celdiur stated bluntly. He pondered for a brief moment and then continued in a hushed tone.

"Firstly I would like to know exactly who this preacher is. From what ive heard your Captain Dhez'ral was never fond of men of the cloth preaching in his precinct, but yet this man seems to have been given special privelege, even his own guards" he said as he pointed a finger towards the guardsman, "For what reason? Who is this man that makes him so special in the captain's eyes?"

He paused to let this first question sink in before continuing.

"Secondly, I wish to know more about your commander himself. A just man with noble intentions, or so ive heard from various sources. Though rumours without confirmation they are. Tell me a bit more of your captain's illustrious repute".

Celdiur leaned in closer to the guard at this point to whisper into his ear. A few coins dropped from one gauntleted hand to another.

"And what exactly are his true motives concerning his operations within the sewers? Take these coins and enlighten me, friend, for I much desire to know whether or not my own Order could cooperate with Dhez'ral to achieve common goals".

Celdiur pulled away and turned his attention back towards the still empty podium. A frown formed upon his face.

"And now then, when exactly can I expect this 'preacher' to begin?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Varys slowly crept back, keeping his eyes on the man in the tunnel. Once he got past the rim of the stone, he quickly went back down the tunnel Haruch lead him to, and back to the area he had started in.

"Haruch, are there any other tunnels that could lead to an ambush spot?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:48 am

The sewers:

I dunno where this rabble goes, how should I lead ye to an ambush spot? Haurch asked.

Rocorad interjected: Haven't you seen any of them at an isolated position?

The market square:

Oy, ye wanna know a lot. Lemme think about this...

Well, his name is Ghalvas, if I got it right. He turned up here two weeks ago, or so. Walked right to the capt'n when he arrived and talked to him for quite some time. I had guard duty in the yard on that day, but I couldn't understand what they were sayin'. The day after we were ordered to let only that Ghalvas preach here. That's all I know 'bout it.

He pondered for a moment, then seemed to remember what the next question was.

Our capt'n is a fine man. He's makin' life hard for all these petty thieves and other rabble 'round here. He's been capt'n as long as I been a guardsman. Some of the older comrades say he actually was a risin' gaurd officer in the richer parts of the city, where the city watch really has things under control, but for some reason he got assigned to this goddam part of Singal. Dunno why. Some say he did somethin' awful, but I don't believe these blabbermouths, he's a fine man, he is.
Anyway, some time ago he started sending us down into the sewers. That's a horrible place, I tell you. Don't never ever go there, if you wanna have a long life. We lost some good men down there. Noone knows what's really going on, but my comrades say its bound to be a large band of smugglers or so.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:49 am

Varys thought for a minute, then he realized what Rocorad was saying. Steeling himself, he applied his special poison to his arrow, and slowly sneaked back up the tunnel. Once he was in clear bow-shot of the watchman, he took his time, perfected the aim, and shot.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 am

"Ghalvas" Celdiur said to himself in a hushed tone. Not a name that he was familiar with. He turned up here two weeks ago, or so. Walked right to the capt'n when he arrived and talked to him for quite some time. I had guard duty in the yard on that day, but I couldn't understand what they were sayin'. The day after we were ordered to let only that Ghalvas preach here. That's all I know 'bout it.

The very nature of this statement sounded suspicious to the ears of Celdiur. A connection between the two men existed, he had no doubt of that, but what? Money, relation, blackmail? All of these reasons were possible. Considering however that the guard had mentioned that Dhez'ral was sent from a far higher position to enforce the slums, Celdiur found reason to believe that he was sent here to redeem himself for some foul deed, and thus blackmail was a strong possibilty.

"Tell me friend, you said that you couldnt understand their conversation. Were you simply out of earshot, or were they communicating in a tongue alien to your ears?". He paused before continuing, "And you still have not answered my final question. When exactly will this Ghalvas begin his preaching today?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:00 am

Errm, my post was right at the door to the office, but on that day there was a lot of sparring goin' on and me ears were full of clinking and clanking. Only once there was pause, I remember, but I didn't hear much. Only thing I can think of was something that sounded like "rack tee germs". Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

He shrugged, then looked up into the sky to get the position of the sun.

Oh well, and actually Ghalvas should've been here by now. That's strange...
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:48 pm

"Rack tee germs"?. What in Astraea's name was that supposed to mean? Makes no sense to me. Perhaps Varys can make something of it though.

Regaining his focus, Celdiur once again studied the guard carefully. An idea was forming in his mind. One that could prove most benificial if acted upon correctly. He once again began to speak.

"Thank you friend. Your information has been most helpful".

Celdiur glanced around the area to ensure that no other guards were within earshot before continuing in a quiet tone.

"And plenty more where that came from I bet? Worth their weight in gold, those secrets, I can guarantee you that. And the Eventide never forgets its friends".

He paused for a few moments to allow the guard time to realise the proposal in his words. " So whats it to be my friend? Interested?". He held out his hand to the guard.

"The names Celdiur. Care to enlighten me with yours?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:34 am

The market square:

The guardman looked a bit dumbfounded at first. You could almost hear the cumbrous rattling and clanking of his brain working. Then his eyes widened as he got to the true meaning of Celdiur's statement, but immediately he furrowed his brow again.

Well, ...I'm not sure 'bout the capt'n's opinion on us telling things to...errm..civilians, but...

He obviously was trying hard to find a reason to justify his... cooperation with Celdiur - and his money.

The sewers:

The arrow flew true and the man collapsed on his chair, but his bow almost fell from his lap. Varys couldn't see enough to be sure, but likely it was only a question of time until the bow would fall down and cause enough noise for some of the figures down below to notice it. Then he saw one of the figures at one of the tables talk excitedly to a comrade nearby, pointing into the air. Had he seen the arrow whizzing through the vault?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 pm

He would have to risk it, Varys thought.

Haruch, Varys whispered, lead me to the other end.

Quickly and silently, he crept from his hiding place, sticking to the shadows, and slowly moved towards the man. He took each step carefully, and it seemed as if a moment was an eternity. He was careful to stay in the dark, and to freeze whenever the men below seemed to notice something. When he reached him, he used his dagger to methodically hack through the man's neck, cringing at the sight. He had to stop every now and then, to check on the people below. Stuffing the head quickly into a sack, he replaced the bow onto the man's lap. Fortunately/Unfortunately, the men below.....
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:40 am

"Civilian?" Celdiur exclaimed, "I am no civilian my friend. Or at least far from an ordinary man at best"

Celdiur could tell the man was desperate to except his proposition, however a sense of loyalty to Dhez'ral was holding him back.

"I sense that my words have put you in a difficult situation. You have loyalty and I appreciate that. And that is why a man like yourself would prove invaluable to me".

He grinned.

"And as I said before, the Eventide does well by its allies. There could end up being more than just gold in this for you, friend. A kind word with my Master and good men like you would be most welcome amongst our ranks. A sergeant, a squire, perhaps even one day a Knight yourself"

Celdiur once again gazed around the area to ensure their meeting was not being watched. Satisfied, he crossed his arms and leaned back casually against a nearby post.

"That is unless you would rather remain here, guarding preachers for the foreseeable future?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:25 am

The market square:

The guardsman looked at him doubtfully.

Nah, I don't think capt'n Dhez'ral would like that. Let's not talk of that anymore.

Before Celdiur could reply anything, a guard sergeant came running from Dhez'ral's manor.

Jalal, with me, quick, the captain is calling!

The sewers:

By going slowly and sticking to the shadows, Varys evaded being spotted by the shady figures, but this took its time. When he had safely stuffed the cut off head in a sack and dared to glimpse down into the vault he saw the man who had pointed into the air earlier debating heatedly with some other men around him. Finally he pointed to the tunnel openings and then called out into the direction of the dead watchpost.

Farzikar, you alright up there?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:24 am

Varys cursed silently. He tried to lower his voice, and act as if his throat hurt. "Its clear, nothing to report." He started on the way back to his friends, sticking in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:53 am

Taken slightly aback by Jalal's reply to his most generous offer, it took Celdiur a few moments to register the arrival of the other guardsman. Curiosity quickly overcame his confusion however as he watched the two guards run off in the direction of the captain's quarters.

"Interesting", he muttered to himself under his breath. Whatever has got Dhez'ral so worked up it must be important to withdraw your guards from their duties at such short notice. Perhaps this has something to do with our missing preacher..., Celdiur thought to himself as he turned back towards the podium. Only one way to find out.

Celdiur once again began to make his way back through the crowded market and headed for Dhez'ral's headquarters, eager to find the source of the captain's urgency.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:38 am

The sewers:

You see, nothing to worry about, said one of the other men to the worried one and then called towards Varys:

You sound a bit hoarse, Farsikar, I'll get you something to drink up there!

With these words he gathered a pitcher full of ale and went off through one of tunnel openings.

The market square:

When Celdiur arrived at Dhez'ral's manor, the gate to the yard was closed, but from the other side of the wall, he heard a man shout:

I wan you to find him! Take whatever measures you have to take! And don't you return without him! Find Ghalvas!

Soon after the gate opened an dozens of guardsmen poured out, splitting into several patrols and walking off into all directions.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Varys cursed. He hurried quickly to his friends, and left without another moment's notice, headed back toward the surface, and out of the sewers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:59 am

Celdiur watched the guard patrols scurry off into the streets and alleyways, pondering always the reason for this urgency. And how many of them will actually come back. Poor, brave bastards...

Turning round to face the opened gate, Celdiur glanced at the scene beyond before boldly marching through the gateway, pushing the doors open as he went, so as to announce his presense. Stopping in the open archway he scanned the scene before him, his eyes searching for the man they called Dhez'ral.

"It seems you may have lost something valuable" he began in a loud, commanding tone. "How inconvenient to lose a man so dedicated to the good works of his faith. Perhaps this situation can however be remeded. My aid is offered freely should you wish this preacher's safe return".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

District 1: Actions
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next