Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)

Go down 
+18
Curanthir
Psychozoa
Laisha
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Datedsandwich
Kamos
Aldric of Marleons
Tubby McChubbles
tobberman
Sir Aranor
Sir Haegon
Pravenstern
Ser Varys
Saeros
Isabel Tenorio
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 am

"Yet where is the proof that Nal Tar is the city with the best potential? If we are to set a Free City upon this criteria, should we not investigate further? Another matter altogether is Duke Hamid. I doubt that he'd be pleased of the decision to rid him of his duchy."
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 am

Zekic smiled, almost loughed.
"My point was that we need a free city, and you seem to agree with me after all, despite you'r arguments"

"I allready sayed that i support idea, of volonbray beeing a free city, and i told you, numerous times, why.I dont think you are deaf legionnaire"

Last edited by zekic on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:51 am

"I am saying that setting a Free City right now is simply too time-consuming, Knight," Marcus said softly.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:54 am

"But it's worth it in my oppinion. It's for king to decide tough, so i think we should review what city fits best, and then king himself will decide if it's worth it, after all noone better then he will know about all the trouble it takes to make some city free"
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:54 am

"I believe that you have already provided us the answer to your own dilemna, my lord Marcus", Celdiur replied.

"As you said yourself (and as I didnt realise how much bloody time had past in the RP Smile), if the Jatu Plains are truly as properous now as you say they are, after such a short period of time, imagine what they could be a decade from now, or perhaps even a few scant years? Who knows what opportunity those lands hold for the one who takes up the banner of rulership? In such a case, a man such as Duke Hamid would surely be insane to pass up such an opportunity, wouldnt you agree Legionnaire? Or are the plains not the land of milk and honey that you describe them as?" This time it was Celdiur who held the sarcastic tone.

"Admitedly you have a point though, Marcus. As far as the naked eye could see Nal Tar has just as many reasons as all the cities of the western coast have. I stand by what I said though. As Singal has shown, the lands of the D'Shar are a powerhouse of economy when left to their own means, despite its...questionable ruler. Imagine what a city even greater than Singal, with access to the lucrative trade lanes of the western coast, could achieve, away from the turmoil and costant fueds that seem to have taken an irreversable hold upon the Fierdsvain lands"

He couldnt help but glance at Sir Aranor as he spoke those last few words.

Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:06 am

"Don't you forget that Dshar arent all friends either, tribes fight amongst themselves even more then those of fierdsvain. And Volonbray is more stabile, and loyal to the crown than any other land in the east."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:32 am

Iskar listened to Celdiur's speech, frowning now and then. When Marcus contradicted Celdiur, Iskar thanked the centurion commander with a reassuring nod and smile. After the exchange of arguments between Marcus and Sir Zekic, he sat there, pondering the issue. Before he could voice whatever thought he had been fleshing out however, a silent figure approached him from behind.

It was the head scribe Chadwell who had followed the discussion from his desk at the rear wall of the room. He shortly whispered something into Iskar's ear which made the Lord Constable's face brighten up to some extent.

Go get him, he finally told the scribe and Chadwell hurried off, while Iskar rose to speak.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think there may be another possibility. However, we need to check some legal issues first. Let us pause the discussion for a moment.

After some minutes Chadwell returned, on his heels an elderly man with greyish hair and a rather ascetic face, clad in ornate black robes of office.

Sir Oswald Midworthington, Vice-Chamberlain to his majesty King Mordred, announced the master of ceremonies.

Welcome, Sir Oswald, said Iskar, which was answered by a murmured 'Thank You' and a stiff bow by the royal official. I believe Chadwell has informed you about the issue at hand?, Iskar went on.

Yes, indeed he has, and in fact, it is just as Chadwell thinks. There is a legal possibility to create a merchant city without stripping the respective ruler of his title or power, not even his income.

He looked around the room, finding it filled with figures of martial features, some even clad in armour. He wrinkled his nose almost unremarkably and waved an invisible grain of dust off his robe.

I shall try to explain it with emphasis on the effects - without the legal complexities, that certainly are of no further ... interest to your debate.
Taxes, tolls and tariffs are usually composed of a component imposed by the duke, a component that is due to royal taxation and tolls and sometimes dues related to a dominant church. The royal dues account for roughly half of the total sums levied. In a Free Royal City the local ruler is entitled to fully determine tolls and tariffs in cooperation with the merchants and without interference from the crown. The merchants moreover gain the important privilege called staple right, which forces all passing traders to present their goods in the markets and fairs of the city for a certain time, thusly adding greatly to the trade volume of the city. Furthermore the city gains the right of scutage, that is to pay a certain sum of money instead of providing soldiers in case of a royal levy, so trade can continue almost unhindered even in times of war and unrest.

He paused for a moment, as if thinking whether he forgot anything.

That would be everything of importance I can tell you about it. I shall leave some documents with the respective legal references in Chadwell's care.

He handed the said scrolls of parchment to the scribe.

If you excuse me now, I have duties to attend to.

Yes, thank you, Sir Oswald, Iskar replied while the magistrate was already bowing stiffly, turned on his heel and hurried off again.

Last edited by Iskar on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:58 am

Just then, the door opened and a man in Eventide armor entered the room. He quickly went to Varys's side, and Varys whispered something into his ear. He pulled out his writing gear and began to transcribe what Varys was saying onto some paper. When this was done, he looked up, attentively, waiting to see how the meeting went.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 pm

In light of this new possibility, the Silvermist will vote for Marleons with its central location, Iskar continued after some minutes of pondering, connecting all regions of Pendor and thusly increasing trade independent of our relations to Barclay and Mettenheim.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Jareth was startled, as if he woke up from a dream. Did he miss something?
He looked around and everyone was deep in thought. He remembered now. Some old man came into the room and did aweful lot of talking.
He must have fallen asleep somewhere in the middle. He only remembered something about legal complexity and then Taxes, Tolls and Tariffs.
Thereafter was only darkness.

"Better say nothing." he thought "I'm only a Soldier I'm not supposed to say anything meaningfull."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:46 am

"My vote still goes for Marleons," the Grandmaster announced coolly.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:34 am

The vote of the Gauntlet goes to Nal Tar.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:39 am

Celdiur inclined his head respectfully toward the Gauntlet for his support on the matter.

"It pleases me to see that I am not the only one that realises the potential that the great city of Nal Tar has"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 am

Varys looked up and smiled.

The Eventide, if we are in agreement, vote for Nal Tar.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Sir Kamos scanned the room with his eyes as the various proposals went around the room. He didn't seem to focus on anyone in particular his eyes seeming in a daze as he looked down and shuffled a few papers in front of him. Finally when he saw his time to speak he looked up and his nose twitched oddly as he took a sudden deep breath then spoke.

The Griffons officially support the proposition on Nal Tar.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:05 am

Mastifus remained silent during the Deputy-Chamberlain's legal ramblings, nodding at times as certain important points were clarified. As the other members of the council said their votes, his face grew a frown that deepened with every vote cast. Finally, the group looked pointedly at him, waiting for the Dragons to make their stance known.

"I see that only some members of the council have come to their senses about the economic advantage of the Free City. I had hoped that the choice would be Valonbray, due to the possibilities it presented us all" he began slowly, letting out a deep sigh as he reached the end.

"However should I lend my weight to this end, the Dragon vote would be lost. I will therefore support the motion for Nal Tar, it being the closest representation to my initial hopes. They have led the spice trade well until now, let us hope they can continue to oversee the flow of goods through Pendor with the same diligence."
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 am

Iskar looked expectantly to the Dawn's grandmaster, but Sir Aranor remained silent, so as to indicate that the Dawn would vote for Javiksholm just as before.

Very well, Iskar said, any possible feelings about the outcome hidden behind a mask of professionalism, that gives a majority for Nal Tar. Chadwell, note it down in the protocols.

Having cleared up this issue, he continued, we can now finally turn to the provinces and duchies. As midday is already half way through and I assume that most of you are hungry we will have a three hours break, which you should use to adjust your suggestions for the duchies according to our latest decision if necessary.

OOC-Note: Ballot result noted in the IC materials.

Last edited by Iskar on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

"Very well." With these words, Saeros stands up and walks toward the Silvermist chamber, expecting to find his morning bread-and-cheese meal still there.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:13 am

Varys leaned over and whispered something in Celdiur's ear. He then left the room.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 am

Sir Aranor writes something down on a piece of paper and passes it to a retainer.

"Very well. If you will excuse me." Sir Aranor gets up and excuses himself from the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Merzinas sees his Master leave the council chamber, and also see's Varys leave too, he turned back and looked at Celdiur. Quickly dashing his eyes over to avoid suspicion, he glanced around the rest of the room seeing the general shufflings as people stood up to leave. Merzinas nervously pulls all his papers together and rolls them up into one small bundle, he looks again at Celdiur, but sighs and begins to walk to the door. Merzinas stops as he is next to him, opens his mouth, but when nothing comes out he shamefully jogs out, the jingling of his mail echoing around the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 am

Hes a strange one, Celdiur thought to himself as he watched the squire hurry from the room. Wether he was simply curious as to why Celdiur distrusted the Dawn, or if he was having doubts about his loyalties, he could not say. He shook his head and left the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 am

Around the third hour after midday Iskar reentered the council chamber, carrying several parchments including a larger one. Having inspected the room shortly, he called for a footboy.

We shall recommence the meeting. Summon the orders.

The boy bowed and hurried off while Iskar sat down on his usual chair, watching the door, waiting for the others.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 am

Saeros arrived shortly afterward. Being one of the first to come, he was able to choose almost any seat. He walked over to the same bench in which he was in the previous sessions. No apples or breads were in his hand, this time.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 am

Sir Aranor entered the council chamber alongside Merzinas and two men-at-arms. He held a single scroll in his hand. He took a seat, and waited patiently for the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next