Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

Just talking - archived - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 am

Dawns and Eventide relations:

No one can kill (Dawnies/Eventiders) But me!

and 'kingsmen' is not the term I would use. We are all pretty much kingsmen. I think "suck-ups" is the term you were looking for. Wink

I'm jking guys.. put away the swords...
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:39 am

I wouldn't use 'suck-ups'. We're not exactly trying to suck up to the King; we're merely trying to fight for our lives, and it just happens to benefit Pendor, too. Blame the bloodthirsty invaders(and king, apparently) for putting us up against overwhelming odds.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 am

If you use it that way, I guess the Dawn are 'kingsmen' too.

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:23 am

Kingsmen, Queensmen and 'the other King'smen.

When is the young prince making his first appearance? Rolling Eyes

his Grand Debut, or just the first time he is mentioned by the King himself? (because he is an annoying todler, or shows promise)
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:33 am

DrSane wrote:
There are nearly 2000 knights of the griffon, i think enough would slip through the nets to be a legitamet threat to the kings life, should such a set of circumstances be true
That is a misconception. The numbers in the balance of power report are only proportional to the unit numbers, not the actual numbers. You get a rough estimate of the actual numbers by dividing the numbers given by 6 or 8.

@Marcus: I think we evened out the overwhelming odds a bit Wink
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:22 am

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 am

Curse you, Iskar! I somehow managed to skip reading the last page of this thread. >.>

The monarch shouldn't be a true hegemon, merely the first among equals in power. Or if you examine the various English kings during the War of the Roses, they weren't even equal to their lords. (This makes me want to play Kingmaker again. Even with that flaw of the game taking 9-12 hours and still being unresolved, it's soooo much fun!)

It's time for an open rebellion, we will all realize at the Prince's debut that he looks a lot like Azlanek, and then a revolt will begin.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 am

*Reform.

Else I'll have to kill you. What a great way to start a new era...
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 am

Saeros wrote:
*Reform.

Else I'll have to kill you. What a great way to start a new era...

I agree! about the killing off anyone who is opposed to my rule that is...
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 am

Yes, yes, Robespierre, Reform.

Mwwhahahahahaha! I shall encourage this reb- reform, just so that I can be the one to recall the monarch! I shall be the Monck of Pendor!
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 am

Ana Wrote;
Mwwhahahahahaha! I shall encourage this reb- reform, just so that I can be the one to recall the monarch! I shall be the Monck of Pendor!

Just in case you missed it Wink

The King sees all. The King hears all. The King knows all...
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:13 am

We're all good. Unless someone has read the middle two books of the Three Musketeers series, and nobody does, then no one will know who Monck is!

I shall enlighten you all, however! >.>

Monck was a very devious revol reformist who succeeded in establish constitutional monarchy and never betrayed nobody!

Back the other unrelated news.

A Shadow Legionnaire wants to be a Dawn Knight! This is perfect, after all, the Dawn creates Shadows!
*Goes off in a corner to steal all the uncool ideas of George R. R. Martin... while leaving the good ones, like political machinations in a fantasy setting, he'll need them to recover from A Dance with Dragons, after all*
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:17 am

We have been georgemartining (it's a verb now) here before you were born. Even Cersei blushes at our sight.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

Oh, good.

George R. R. Martin is the literary George Lucas.

(/flameon)

While I'm instigating... the Silvermist lay with Noldor!
The Griffons are stealing tax denars.
The Eventide are secretly cuddly bunnies.
The Shadow Legionnaires are wannabe Dawnites.
The Gauntlet... are cool, because I've used them against the Jatu to great success.
The Dragons are... are... lazy!
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:24 am

Who here has read the series of "A song of ice and fire"

If so, who do you think will win the iron throne?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 am

George R.R Martin is overrated. The series are overrated.

I'll stick with Wheel of Time.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am

Spoiler:

I know who wins it whenever I play the board game! Whoever has the most ships! I'm no longer allowed to play Greyjoy or Baratheon due to their starting naval positions. They thought they had my favorite tactic beaten when I had to play my favorite house, Martell. There's a large harbor there, which is perfect for leaving 3 ships to support whoever is attacked. Plus it's really easy for them to slam Baratheon back and take King's Landing, and control the Blackwater with their superior navy!

(No, I'm not navy-obsessed in every game... just the ones where it's undervalued.)
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:34 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:39 am

Spoiler:

I'm much more excited for the TV show, though they allowed far too much magic for my tastes already. I know they had to to follow the books, but... come on!

Also, who wins in this match up: Silvermist vs Shadow Legion?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 am

But Boss, who will sit the Silver Throne of Pendor then? >.>

<.<
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:21 am

Peter Baelish will take the throne.

The Iron Throne that is, not the Silver Throne. No, the Silver one is mine... my preccccccious.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:24 am

I'm afraid Humming Pete can't take the Iron Throne. He's going to have a very pitiful end, the kind you wouldn't see coming if you weren't looking for it. Like... he'll die in a brothel, or more likely...

Spoiler:

The Silver Throne could be built for two you know. It worked well enough for dear Richelieu!
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Ana Sulran wrote:
It worked well enough for dear Richelieu!

No it didn't. About the only successful equal King / Queen combination (or even joint kings) I can think of are Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain. In the other instances like Charles (later Charlemagne) and Carloman of the Franks, one invariable ends up dead or in a monastery. Same with Carloman and Pepin.

Actually I guess the moral of that particular story, is don't be called Carloman!
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm

Mordred wrote:
Peter Baelish will take the throne.

The Iron Throne that is, not the Silver Throne. No, the Silver one is mine... my preccccccious.

Well now that I've formed a pact with the Heretic God and gained control of the Duke of Laria and the Noldor flying horses that throne will be mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next