Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Eastcrown

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

"Ah well, I don't hope the gods take such a young soul from the earth when they leave me here. The Medicus said I will be able to leave the bed come the morning."

The Centurion smiled at Alaric.

"Now If you would leave me please, the sun is nearly gone and the Medicus said I still need lots of sleep."

He looks to the door where the Captain is standing, he seems to be waiting for someone.

"I think you are needed Alaric, I wish you good luck in your coming endeavour."
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:07 am

Reiner stood and bowed at the waist out of respect. Of course. I expect to have something one way or the other for you soon enough. Reiner turned on his heel and walked back towards the captain. Expecting company? You're fidgeting captain.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 pm

The Captain decided to overhear the comment of the Ranger. But still he smiled. He started talking as he led the Ranger through the Castle.

"I think we should start planning. I have counted my men and we have enough for your Task. 20 for the Brothel and the Taverns each and 45 for the Almshouse. How have you planned to coordinate the acces to these Locations? We have to strike at the same time so they don't warn each other."

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:23 am

Reiner pulled the rolled up map from his belt and unfurled it as the pair walked through the corridors. Actually yes. The mounted contingent of rangers I brought with me will not be participating in the operation itself but will rather be placed in equal groups at all exits to the town. Anyone leaving with undue haste during and for a short time after the action will be detained. This should give us a back up in case we cannot pull off the plan perfectly, as I expect it might not. Such large amounts of coordination are exceedingly difficult.

Reiner cleared his throat and got back on track for the captains question. But anyways, the entire force will muster 20 minutes before midnight in the market, I would expect it to be empty by then. Before we set out I want each man to have dulled the shine of any metal on him with ash and to individually jump up and down in front of their sergeants. Anything that clicks, rattles, squeaks or makes any sort of noise on each man is to be identified and secured to ensure silence when moving through the town. I want each force in position to make their move on their assigned target no later than 5 minutes before midnight. Once the watch announces it is midnight, that is the signal to move in, surround the building and storm it. Anyone that is known to have Brotherhood connections, is wearing their distinctive red leather armor, or bearing a symbol of the brotherhood is to be detained and brought back to the castle. After a moment of consideration Reiner added, This isn't the time to be dragging in the dregs of the city either, have the men ignore the small time criminals, I want the the more important members of the Guild. However, if the catch is small tonight, drag in some of the dregs, they might talk to escape time in the stockades.

The dismounted Silvermists that arrived are to be split as evenly as they can between the groups, 4 rangers per group. I will lead the group to the tavern that is between the brothel and Almshouse as it is right in the middle of all these locations, Reiner pointed it out on the map for the captain allowing me to go where needed if the need arises. Captain, I want you in the large group that takes the Almshouse, your martial experience would be well placed in the largest group. The others will be commanded by the ranking Silvermist in each group. Do you have any objections or additions to this plan? You know this town better than I.

[OOC: By announcing midnight I mean I would think that the guardsmen on duty would be calling out "Midnight and all is well!" etc. to announce the time to anyone awake.]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm

The Captain listened carefully for the whole time, guiding Alaric around multiple corners at the same time.

"This sounds like a good plan. I will gladly lead the charge at the Almshouse." They reached the yard inside the Castle. The sun was already gone.

"We have one hour more until midnight so I will better go get my men. I will get them to the Yard first and then we move out together to the Market. We need some more time to darken the Armor and remove any metal sound from them."

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:30 am

Very well. Move with haste, but we can't let it make us sloppy. I'll go to my fellow Order members and give them their instructions. The Clarion Call will be deployed now but instructed to keep out of sight until we are in motion. The Silvermists will be in the yard when you and your men arrive. Reiner nodded to the Captain before doing as he said, finding his men and giving them clear and concise instructions regarding their parts in the coming operation.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Time flies by and the sun sets in the west. It gets darker and darker until only torches light parts of the Castle. The wind is blowing heavily from the mountains. You hear the rustle of leaves through the open gate. Out of the dark you see a huge group of men approaching. They walk silently but your senses are sharpened. Their armor is dark and most of them carry maces and bludgeons. In the back you see another group with bows and quivers.
They stop shortly before you and a single person approaches.

He bows shortly.

"Sir Alaric, I have brought the men you requested and took the liberty to take 6 more as messengers. Are you ready to move to the market?"

[OOC: I just skipped ahead a bit, I hope you don't mind]

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Yes. We have just finished our preparations. Reiner turned to look behind him, 20 rangers of the Silvermist Order arranged in ranks of 4, their normally bright armor dlled in the same manner as the guardsmen. The Clarion Call Rangers were conspicuosly absent, they having been ordered to their posts by the village gates 20 minuted before hand. Each ranger was armed with a longsword and sturdy shield, and had been given explicit instructions to take alive when possible, using wither the flat of their blade or cracking an attacker upside the head with their shields.

Lead the way. This doesn't look as familiar in the dark.

[OOC: Not at all, do as you see fit.]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:46 am

"Everyone follow me. And I don't want to hear a sound from anyone of you."

The party started moving through the streets as silent as possible. Close listeners could have heard them walking in unison. But the streets were empty and the streets were dark.
They reached the Market a short time later and the Garrison formed ranks in front of the Captain. Without saying a word he went through his men and grouped them as planned. After some time there were 5 groups with 20 men each and one bigger group with 45 men. When finished he turned to Alaric who was waiting behind him.

"My men are ready, If yours are ready I will start telling my men what we are going to do."

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 pm

The Captain understood the long silence and the stare of the Ranger as an approval. He turned around and faced his men.

"Alright, this will be no training tonight, every group of you will be led by some Silvermist Rangers, you will follow their orders as if they were mine. We will raid 6 places tonight and capture anyone who wants to flee or is a member of a criminal syndicate. Pay special attention to members of the Red Brotherhood. Group one will move to the "Gold-Digger" group two will take the "Dancing Dwarf" group three goes to "Bettys Pub" and group four will swoop "Nofflers Pub", group five will go through the Brothel in the southern District."

The Captain paused after this and looked at the men of group five. Many of them were smiling and make jokes about their destination.

"Everyone of you who touches one of the girls will loose an arm! Is that understood?" He didn't wait for a reply but continued. "I myself will lead the sixth group to the almshouse. At the stroke of midnight we will swoop all locations at once. Take the suspects alive if you can but don't put yourself into danger."

As the Captain was finished the Rangers split themselves up and joined the groups. When everything was finished the Captain turned to Alaric.

"Anything else to add?"

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 am

Reiner shook his head. No Captain, it seems that what I was told about you as a commander was true, you handled all the aspects of this operation that I was going to address myself. After a short pause Reiner nodded before turning to the assembled rangers behind him. You know where to go. Split up and lead your detachments out into the town.

Turning back to the captain as his men started to split into smaller groups Reiner gave the captain a look that was a mix of trepidation at sending his men into danger and excitement that something might actually be done tonight. I'll see you back at the Keep in the morning Captain. Assuming that everything goes well. But if it does not, have one of your men sound an alarm. One blast from a horn for group one, two for two and so on. I hope it does go well, if it does I'll buy you a mug of ale at one of these taverns. If I'm still welcome there that is after this.Reiner gripped the pommel of his sword again, it was definitely a habit that he had formed in the days since he had received it.Giving the Captain one last respectful nod as an equal he turned to his detachment, number 4, and headed out through he gates behind one of the guardsmen who knew the area, his detachment of rangers close behind, followed by the spearmen and archers.

[OOC: I apologize for my tardiness. Responses will be much more prompt]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 am

The groups start moving through the small alleys. Everything is silent and you see noone in the streets. One by the groups disappear behind you as they move closer to their positions. The Captain nods to you as the two last groups split up and he moves further to the Almshouse. Your men take up position outside the main entrance. A small group of them splits off and moves to the rear entrance encompanied by one of your Rangers. It is only mere minutes before Midnight and you see the tension rising within the Milita. You stand in front of a two level building. The main entrance is right in front of you and is wide enough for 3 men to pass through. To your left and right are dimly lit areas due to some torches. There are some windows but the lighting is bad and the glass is very dirty so you only the the first line of tables but you can't make out how many men there are. In the corner of the building you can make out the stairs leading to the second floor. Everyone is ready and waiting for your command.

Spoiler:

OOC: you decide when it's midnight, you can give some other orders before that if you like
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 am

Reiner rolled his shoulders and steadied his breathing before turning to the militia standing behind his Rangers. I know you've been told this already but I'll say it one last time. Try to take them alive, but if it comes down to you dying or them, don't hold back. You lot are worth a great deal more than any Brotherhood thug. When we go in the archers will be behind the spearmen, have an arrow nocked and ready to loose, I don't know if there is a way that someone can see us from the top upper level, if there is a balcony or not but I would like to avoid a crossbow bolt to the top of the head. Half will cover that area if there is one, the other half cover the top of the stairs. If there is no balcony, the half that would have targeted that will target anyone dangerous on the ground floor. But make sure not to shoot anyone in the back. Unless its a Brotherhood man running away that is! Reiner waited for the chuckles to die down before continuing.

Spearmen, you know what to do, and who to look for and detain. The men at the back know their job as well. Detain the cowards who run. I hope there is a lot of them, the less blood spilled the better. If one of you can bring me a high ranking brotherhood member I can assure you that it will be made worth your while. Now keep alert, midnight is almost he-

A call of midnight from the guardsmen on watch pierced the darkness, the signal for every group throughout the city to make their move.

That's that that then. Reiner almost immediately moved to the front door, stepping into the pool of light from the fires and torches inside knowing his rangers and the militia would be right behind him, drawing his long swordin his right hand, a long bladed steppe knife coming from its sheath in his left. Looking around the room Reiner let his voice be heard by everyone. By the authority of Constable Iskar of the Silvermist Order and Clarion Call, everyone will stop where they are, those at a table or at the bar will put their hands where they can be clearly seen. Anyone who tries to flee will be detained. Anyone who tries to fight will be subdued and I will not assure you that it will not result in your deaths. Now follow this order!
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:00 am

At first everything is quiet, the men sitting in the first row are shocked and don't move at all. While you speak a small group of men walk backwards into the shadow of the stairs to the right. It looks like they draw steal as soon as they are in the shadow but your vision is blurred by smoke and the dimly lit Tavern. As soon as you stopped speaking multiple things happen. On the right two men jump up from the table and flip it over, they quickly make their way up the stairs. Your archers start shooting at the fleeing men but only one arrow finds its way into an arm. At the same time two men start running to the backdoor, your archers are still trying to reload and most of them are looking to the right.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 am

Reiner spotted the two men fleeing towards the back, but decided to make them believe that he was not letting them go. Archers! Left aim and loose at the fleeing men! After giving the command Reiner turned and pointed at 2 pairs of militia spearmen. You four, go outside and keep watch, I don't want anyone leaping from the second floor. After that he turned back towards the main room, giving the men still seated a hard stare before moving forwards, blades up his Rangers at his back towards the underside of the stairs. Militia, Spread out and begin looking for what we seek among these men.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 pm

The two men to the right vanish on top of the stairs. A few moments later you hear shouting from the second floor and multiple footsteps. The milita archers quickly swing to the left but their aim is too slow and not fast enough. The two men vanish behind the door and the arrows only hit the wooden wall behind them. An instant later you hear two muffled noises and two bodies falling to the floor. Meanwhile the group of spearmen splits up, the bigger part walks around the tables in search for weapons or anything else which might be suspicious. 4 Spearmen leave the building and take up position outside. The other 4 men are still standing in the shadow of the Stairs, you now clearly see that they have drawn steel. You can't see their faces but you feel theire eyes on you. One of the Bartenders snaps out of his trance and starts shouting at you.

"We don't want no trouble in here, get out and leave us alone." He quickly draws a knife and slams it into the counter. He is a big man, at least 2 meters in height and with a broad chest.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 am

Reiner just gave the bartender a dismissing look. Like it or not barkeeper, trouble has found its way into your establishment. If you want someone to blame for it try the men cowering under the stairs. Besides, mine's bigger than yours. Reiner held up his long sword momentarily to make a point. He then looked over his shoulder at his rangers. Rangers with me. A pair of archers too. One pair of spearmen watch the stairs. Reiner picked his way between the tables until he was standing out of lunge range of the men hiding, blades up, his rangers at his back and had the archers aim point blank at the men. I will give you one chance to put those weapons on the ground and come out with your hands clearly above your head. Otherwise 2 of you will have arrow shafts in your chest or leg, while my rangers and I dig the others out with our blades if need be.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 am

Right after you finished talking a blade comes flying your way. It misses you by a few centimeters but finds its way into the upper body of the Archer behind you, more a reflex than anything else the other archers releases his Arrow which kills the attacker. The other three charge ahead and throw chairs your way with their blades in hand. One of them is directly heading for you with his Sword above his head prepared to split you in half. As they come out of the shadow you see chainmail below their normal clothing.

Spoiler:

OOC: I send you a PM
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 am

Reiner side stepped the flying chair easily enough before stepping in to meet the man charging in the middle. Rangers. Take them. Taking advantage of his oppenent's sword above his head, Renier opted to swing a heavy leather boot up between the fork of the mans legs before sending the heavy pommel of his sword on a collision course with the mans temple. The Brotherhood sure did not fight fair so he wasn't going to either. All nice and neat with no blood intended. At least there would be someone to keep the prisoner at the keep company after all this.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:00 am

The other two Rangers are as well quickly finished with their fights. The three attackers are passed out and lying on the ground. One of the Rangers gets a rope and fetters the three men after searching them for anything suspicious. The other one turns around to deal with the wounded Archer. The blade hit him just below the shoulder, and it didn't go in deep so he should survive. Just a second later the backdoor opens and a Ranger with six other militia enter the room, behind them they are dragging the two who wanted to flee through the back.

"Is everything alright here, I heard screams."
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 am

Yes, we are fine for the most part. No deaths and only one injury for 5 prisoners. A good start so far. The yelling you hear is probably them up there. Reiner pointed towards the ceiling with his long knife. I want those two tied up as well and a guard posted on them down here. Half the militia and two rangers will accompany me upstairs. Reiner looked to the two rangers who would accompany him before turning to the last. Try to get everyone who is still seated nicely to go stand in a corner far from the doors until this business is done. Reiner then moved towards the bottom of the stairs and peered around the corner before telling a militia man with shield. You go first, I will be right behind you, keep us covered as we ascend.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 am

Most of the guest stand up without saying anything. They form a line at the western wall and two of the Milita stand guard. The rest of the Militia group up at the bottom of the stairs. The one with the shield follows your order but only reluctantly. The group slowly walks up the stairs. You reach the second floor without incident. As you leave the stairs you see and longe floor with multiple doors to all sides. Everything is quiet but you see bloodstains on the wooden planks which lead into another corridor.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 am

Reiner Walked with the man with a shield down the hall to the left to right before where it turned, leaving him shielding the men who followed behind as he turned back to address them. One Silvermist to a door. 2 militia to a ranger, the rest back up your friend with a shield there. Reiner hooked a thumb over his shoulder towards the shield bearer. Enter at the same time. He gave the men a few moments of shuffling about, waiting for them to get into position. Reiner sheathed his knife and borrowed the shield of one of the other militia men before nodding at his rangers and slamming the door open, charging through the doorway, shield held out in front, just below eye level, long sword ready.

[OOC: Did the 4th ranger and his militia go back outside? I'm not trying to nitpick, I just want to make sure I understand who is where]
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:33 am

The three doors are charged at the same time. The men enter ready for a fight but the rooms were empty. Sir Alaric even charged into a small supply room. Awkward silence was followed by this moment and no one dared to say anything. The man with the Shield broke the silence.

"Sir Alaric, there at the end of the corridor."

You peek around the corner and see someone sitting at the end of the corridor with a sword in hand. The blood trail leads directly to him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 am

While it was tempting to simply charge the man, the doors alongside the corridor gave Reiner pause. So instead of walking brazenly doent he hall, he opted to simply step into the mans line of sight and try negotiating. But before th at he pulled his rangers and the militia aside for some instructions. I will try to end this peacefully, but I doubt it will go so smoothly. If it does not we will have to go get him and clear the rest of these rooms. Reiner turned and walked to where the man could see him. It seems that either you or someone else up here is injured. I can offer you some medical aid if you and the rest of the men up here surrender without a fight. If not, you will join your friends on the ground floor in being knocked senseless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Eastcrown   IC-Scene: Eastcrown - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Eastcrown
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next