Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

General OOC - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 am

No army? Hmph. *sulks for a moment* I do have yagiz.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 am

Hey what am I invisible?

Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 am

What? I can't see you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 am

Shh you closet heretic, lest williams inner dawnite will come out. :p
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 am

Yes I have a strong urge to burn you with fire brood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 am

Ok let me know when I can respond.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:56 am

As soon as Alaric has posted. Should not take long.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 pm

What do we need his post for btw?

Also Mesor says is 6 hours ok for him to wake up? Given that it was only a blow to the head and he was armored.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:16 pm

If it was hard enough to KO him through armor he'll be out for 8 hours. A nice 1/3 of a day.

Making the rolls now.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm quitting the game, bye.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm

I'm out as well, this is clearly not the right place for either of us to play when people start using childish actions to spite each other.

A trained knight left all of his personal weapons and his money on his horse for anybody to steal? Complete bullshit no knight would ever have done so and it should not have even had a roll.

Going on that logic every person in the game is walking around naked since none of us ever mentioned putting on clothes or armor.
If thats the way this game is going to be played then we'll find a different way to spend our free time that doesn't involve children trying to stroke their egos.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Shame you see it that way bye then.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Because I'm currently bored, here's a table that should list the current scenes and their timeframes. This is accurate as of March 16th, 2013, 11:38 PM Central Time (USA).

Thy Table of Time:

In addition, with mesor's and brood's apparent departure, what will happen to said characters and the balance of the conflict?
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Get the plague?
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:41 pm

A tragic fire will burn down the estate killing everybody and burning all equipment beyond recovery.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:46 pm

I assume Sir Hounds will be within the Iobriat estate when this tragedy strikes?

I would also assume all other important NPCs and PCs will vacate the premises and head elsewhere. Poor Squire Yorin (provided he's the same squire sent to Rebache earlier, but this will mess up my time table), he's sent off on another mission that will not prove to be fruitful.

It is a shame that both parties could not try to reach a compromise before just leaving, but best of luck to your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:50 pm

If such childish actions are going to be taken I don't see the point in the game plus it makes no sense.

When the sheriff failed to specify if his money was on him or not it was decided it wasn't without a roll.

Mesor doesn't specify what he did with his other equipment and money so it's rolled with the most unfair odds I've ever seen to give him almost no chance at all of winning the roll on an action that should never have taken place at all.

15% chance he has his own weapons and his own money with him and 85% chance he doesn't?
50/50 odds on a roll that should not have taken place is bad enough but a 15% chance he has his own equipment with him is just a blatant move to screw him over and a clear message that he's not wanted here.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Let me explain it this way.

In the British army in my squad I serve predominantly as a scout and a sniper, I have spent thousands of hours in wargames or on shooting ranges drilling with my chosen weapons to push myself to my limit.

If I go out on an assignment and then go into a house for a meeting I do not leave my AS50 or my P90 in the damned car.
They are extensions of me and I have devoted the vast majority of my free time to keeping them in perfect working order and in training with them and as such they remain with me at all tims until I return them to the armory to be locked away where nobody can touch them without my permission.
Nor would I leave my wallet sitting in the car filled with my money when anybody could steal it.

My character spent a massive portion of his time training to be a master archer and to be a skilled knight, he has high quality equipment that he has used for years to become as skilled as possible with those weapons.
He would not leave his damned bow and arrows on the back of a horse in the stables where anybody could take them, they would never leave his side at all day or night and neither would his money.

So then having a roll where I have a 15% chance that equipment that no knight in his right mind would ever let out of his sight is with him is either a move to spite me because my actions are disliked or is simply a way to abuse the way the game is run.
Not including a set of completely biased odds for the outcome of those rolls that leaves me with a 15/100 chance that my own equipment is with me.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm

What is the assistance from yaragar scene and what thread is it in?

Good work btw nickolas, that was very helpful.

*shrug* sorry. I couldnt think of a good reason he'd take his bow and arrows in with him into a building hence the low score, so forgive this poor dumb civilians lack of knowledge. I don't see knights walking about with lances everywhere. Come to thi k of it transporting those things around without a baggage train would be a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:11 pm

When a knight is travelling he carries all weapons with him, any weapon that can be used while he is on foot is carried with him while dismounted while those that can not be used would be secured somewhere either under guard or locked away.

A bow and arrow can easily be used on foot and is my characters speciality as well, why would he leave the weapon he is best with sitting on his horse when going into a situation he could not guarantee was going to go well for him.

IC I had no idea how he would respond to me, I declined to join him when he contacted me through a messenger and insulted him in the process, I agreed to work with him on the bandits and nothing else.
So it was a distinct possability that he would attack me or have me locked up given half a chance, so I avoided saying that I left anything on the horse, otherwise every action would be followed by a page long list of every piece of equipment I was carrying with me.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Well I don't know it seemed to me, the roller, that he wouldn't think going into a place where your opponent would probably be a meter or two away at all times would be a bad place to bring a ranged weapon.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:24 pm

Can you guarantee the enemy would not be further?

He also had a force of knights with him and in narrow hallways a skilled archer would be able to hold back a much larger force without much trouble.

I'll wait and see what Iskar says but if I'm going to lose equipment that should have been with my character because I didn't include a long list of everything I have with me in every one of my turns then I'm not staying.

I was not expecting a game that would descend into using childish actions to abuse game mechanics.

Going by the current logic if Amhain walked into the stable he could have a roll for every single piece of unmentioned equipment to see if any of it fell onto the floor, every shield, sword, and pouch of coins that was not mentioned could be laying on the floor in the stable.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Tbh its my first time doing the rolls thing so I might have botched the beginning numbers. Consider yourself the lucky test subject
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Mesor, you are threatoning to leave because you lost a bow and arrows.

You are in Sarleon if you can't be without them just borrow one from a militiaman

The worst that will happen is Arceon will call Iskar and your characters both argumentative twits and take command himself and place you both at opposite ends of the battle line.

So if losing a meaningless horse and bow and arrows has caused you both to argue for 2 pages and then decide to leave wtf can we do? Honestly what can we do as hosts and fellow players? Treat you as untouchables? Make you constantly win so you don't claim your bieng ganged up on? Want an IRL equivalent? You lost charades then shout down the pub claiming the other team had an easier item.

You lost on a dice roll of the most meaningless thing. And im gonna be blunt here, you guys are both good rp'ers and no one wants you to go, but if you refuse the possibility of losing then we literally cannot play with you. Something all of us have to accept. We lose sometimes. I lost in a joust as a knight with the best horsemanship of the orders to a knight who is an infantry order. After you look at it retrospectively, you will realise how meaningless it is.

One more thing, don't treat this as a competition were others are getting an advantage to you, at its core think of it as co-operative story making at its heart. And stories where characters have no problems struggles or challenges are fucking boring. So please just think on what has honestly happenned to you and ask yourself how much you lost in that dice roll. You gambled on outright refusing the commanding officer, and you managed to win. You got what you wanted (to stay at broods) and in return you lost, again let me hammer this in, a horse, a bow and some arrows. Temporarily.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm with DrSane one this. Just wanted to make that clear.

Anyway, I might need someone to GM a scene for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 29 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next