Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) Empty
PostSubject: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Day 1-2: Night

As the temperature dropped, and the darkness made travel slow to a crawl even with bright torches, Laurence found himself talking to Alain again.

"Ah, it is good to be outside on a night like this, even with the cold. Reminds me of old campaigns. It always makes me feel alert and ready - no better time for an ambush than this."

(OOC: Thread for all travellers and their non-private conversations.)
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Sir Alain was about to answer when he had a flashback:

he remembered his times as Sir Maximilian the cruel, how he had charged down this same path, to kill a knight who was barely a man, Sir Tristan of Foxstead.

He came back to reality, and stared skywards towards the seemingly infinite amount of stars

"My old nan told me each star was a warrior, a valiant knight chosen by the Gods to ascend into the heavens, and provide an example and a beacon to those who still dwell in the mortal plane."

He thought bitterly to himself "how many of those stars are because of me?"
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 pm

"Hmm... I don't pay much attention to children's stories, at least since Robert grew old enough to go off and learn to be a squire. Some do have a ring of truth, but I cannot see any of the Gods raising mortals up high enough to look down on them."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Sir Alain smiled bitterly to himself,

"People who become stars are not mere mortals my lord, they are paragons of virtue, beacons of righteousness, and examples to all who dwell in this world. Think of them as saints, like the ones that the church of Astraea always hold up as exemplars of justice."

Sir Alain stroked his horse's mane

"I see no reason why the Gods would not award such valor and virtue. I am not saying they become Gods themselves."

He became serious once more

"Perhaps you are right.. maybe they are just children's stories.."

He thought back into his mind of his father, and of his mentor Sir Gaidon Ertry, he looked up to the sky, remembering their faces

"If they are just children's stories, then let me be a child." he thought to himself

Realizing the mood was getting grim, he decided to crack a joke

"Hey Laurence, how many Dawnites does it take to set fire to a lantern?-"

without giving him a second

"Why bother with the lantern, there's a village over the hill!"

Alain gave a hearty laugh, convincing enough to the party, but hollow to him
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

"Ha! Good one. Best not tell it at home though - people's memories are still a bit raw."

Sir Laurence did not even notice the omission of his title, intent as he was in watching the surrounding darkness.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

Day 3, Before Dawn

Nickolas awakens in Yaragar before dawn, and finishes his preparations to set out to Mobray Inn.

Nickolas heads out fully equipped, not knowing what dangers that may lie ahead. He is protected by full plate armor, and his Greatsword from the days of old lies sheathed on his back. He mounts on his personal warhorse before finally departing Yaragar, taking care not to wake up the local residents.

Day 3, Morning

Nickolas continued his journey through the lands of Sarleon. At times, he felt the urge to simply cease his advance and take in the natural surroundings. These plains, the way the grass moves with the wind, it almost seemed like a far away paradise where worry and war were nonexistent.
Alas, it would not be so. Perhaps these plains hold their own stories of battles fought during the Pendor Unification War, and maybe more blood shall fall upon seemingly untainted ground...

The Yaragar household knight continued his travels in search of the mercenary company.

[Nickolas' story continues at Mobray Inn]
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Day 3, Evening/Night

Two riders left the holdfast of Rebache and gallopped down the road to Kelredan. Some time later they had reached the small party of knights with Sir Hounds.

Ealdred greeted them. I'll be accompanying you, he announced.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Without looking back Seph responded in a slightly superior tone.

"I know that, I'm the one who invited you."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 pm

While Seph was not looking back Jacob slipped the other knights a piece of parchment.

This is the baronet's business, Sir Hounds, Ealdred replied, no need for you to invite me.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 pm

"As you wish, as long as the bandits are dealt with I am happy in any case. Once that is done I have other business to attend to."

(( Plotting to kill me already Very Happy. ))
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:10 am

Sir Ealdred simply snorted and spurred his horse towards the Iobairt estate.

[We should wait a bit with our arrival there until the Day 2 and Day 3 scenes there are finished.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)   IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous) Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: On the roads (Continuous)
Page 1 of 1