Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)

Go down 
+5
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Pravenstern
Mesor
Sir Arceon
Iskar
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) Empty
PostSubject: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 am

[For the Rebache roleplay.]

Last edited by Iskar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 am

On arrival to Rebache, William sent messengers to all the knights working for Rebache at the moment. They were to come to Rebache immediately to plan a strategy, and designate positions for each.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 am

Day 2, morning

The messenger found Ealdred just as he and his squire were riding up to the holdfast of Rebache.

Sir, the baronet requests you to come to his tower, the messenger said.

Ealdred snorted. What does it look like what we're doing, boy? he asked.

Oh, errm... I... errm, the messenger's mouth gaped open for a moment.

Shut your mouth boy and back to work, Ealdred commanded and spurred his horse up the hill.

Never mind him, Jacob told the messenger and gave him a friendly nod before he followed his master.

Some minutes later Sir Ealdred clanked into the great hall of Rebache's holdfast and more or less reluctantly bowed to the baronet, Jacob on his heels.

What is your bidding, milord? Ealdred asked.

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:11 am

Jared marched into the great hall and smiled easily at the baron before bowing.

Couldn't you have waited an hour lord? I was "entertaining" the daughter of a local merchant when the damned messenger came barging in.

Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 am

"Ah hello, Sir Ealdred, Sir Hounds, and squire Jacob. I am glad you arrived. For now we should wait for everyone to arrive before we hold the meeting, but until then I have tasks for you. Sir Ealdred, I hear you have quite the lineage and are quite the veteran as well. I would be honored to have you as my drillmaster, you should be able to get the troops battle ready in time. Squire Jacob you shall help your master." William said the words "in time" almost ominously.
"Sir Hounds, I am sorry to have taken you away from your lovely lady." William said with a chuckle. "You, I believe, are quite the archer. You can begin training the archers, what you do with them is your choice."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:34 am

I would be honored my lord, how many men will that be?
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 am

"Begin training 10 of them. 5 being archers and 5 being horse archers to gain greater maneuverability."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 am

Certainly my lord, it shall be done.

Jared then proceeded to gather up 5 Militia and 5 regulars and began drilling them all in archery until it became to dark to continue.

Last edited by Mesor on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 am

As the conversation between the participating knights dragged on, heavy footsteps could be heard approaching outside. Pairs of steel boots let out a clanking sound as they walked toward the meeting room. Then suddenly they stopped behind the door and it was opened. In walked three knights, two black-clad knights flanked the more smaller figure between them. They took up posts in the outside along the other guards, after noticing that there weren't people hidden for an ambush.

"The road here was treacherous, but here I am, milord. What is it that you wished to talk about?"

Chonrad Blackwood looked at the two other knights for a second or two before his eyes fully settled on Sir William
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 am

"Ah I am glad you arrived safely, Sir Blackwood. Now that you have arrived we can begin the meeting." He turned to his aide and instructed him to call the other knights.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Day 2, morning

Ealdred waited impatiently while the aide went after Jared who had already rushed out.

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Leaving his squire to begin drilling the archers Seph followed the aide back to the great hall.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 am

"Excellent, now that everyone is here we can begin to discuss strategy. First thing first I would like to designate positions. Sir Hounds you will lead your core of archers into battle, Sir Ealdred you will lead a group of knights, being mounted or infantry that is your choice. Sir Blackwood you will be my first lieutenant in battle. For all of your support you will, of course, get a reward being a political position, money, or whatever you desire as long as it is reasonable and I approve it. You all may also do anything you think will be advantageous to our goal."
"Now that that is out of the way, I would like to discuss plans. First thing, with Rebache's coffers we can afford more man power, that being mercenaries or other knights. Second off, there is a more tricky matter I would like to discuss, I would like to propose an alliance between Yaragar and Rebache."
"Does anyone have any objections or proposals?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 am

Day 2, morning

Milord - the word caused visible pains for Ealdred to pronounce - I would rather not hire that common mercenary or adventurer scum. Better use it to convince the other free knights of the righteousness of your cause and claim.

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 am

"Hmmm, we do need men, Ealdred. I am not sure other free knights would provide enough man power."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:19 am

Day 2, morning

A mounted knight in full plate is worth ten puny commoners on the field of battle, Ealdred snorted.

Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 am

"In that case, you will be the one to help me recruit new manpower. We may still have to hire some mercenaries as well though."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 am

Day 2, morning

Best invite the knights here, ...milord, so you can state your case, Ealdred replied. I'd rather beat some proper sense of discipline and respect into your men.

Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 am

"Have fun." William said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am

Seph snorting in disgusting turns his back on Sir Ealdred

Your arrogance is going to kill us all, being born into a wealthy family doesn't make you a better soldier or a better man and bringing in 10-20 more men of lower birth would provide us with far more fighting men then spending a fortune on 2 men.
Why the adventurers are a mounted force of medium cavalry with bows.
I would far prefer to go into battle with them behind me then behind my enemy.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Someone knocked into the door, and as soon as it was opened, commoner-like man entered Great Hall, and made his way to Sir William Grey, and said with trembling voice "From a possible friend" giving note to Baronet afterwards.

Note:

Last edited by Zekic Thunion of Laria on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 pm

"If that is what you wish from me, it shall be done, sire. Now, I believe that some extra manpower would be needed if this comes to an armed conflict. I cannot say whether the quantity of mercenaries would outweigh the quality of adventurers, but those two are the most obvious choices. I would also like to propose approaching the Archdeacon, for the support of the church is always welcome."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 pm

"My lord I have taken the liberty of sending a message to Sir Forn the commander of the adventurers in the area already to request a meeting to discuss terms of a contract with him and his men.

My squire is more then capable of beginning the training of the archers without me and as it seemed apparent that we are going to need additonal man power I thought it wise to contact them now before another does so in our place.

I would like to ask how much I may offer them to convince them to join us.

I was considering between 1500 and 2500 denars as well as an equal share of the loot from battles and raids.
I could also offer them a bounty for knights and important figures belonging to our rivals and a position on your council once you have taken your rightful place as the ruler of this area but this is of course your choice to make.
"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Day 2, morning to dusk

Sir Ealdred snorted derisively. He shortly bowed to the baronet, ignored the other knights and the commoner that just entered and left the hall with Jacob on his heels.

In the courtyard he called the spear and sword wielding soldiers together.

Listen, you scum, he announced. You may be more incapable of fighting than not for now, but I shall address that issue. Get your weapons up, pairs of two, we start immediately. I and Jacob will replace your partners from time to time. Hopefully the bruises we give you will remind you of what you still have to learn.

Soon the yard was filled with the clanking and thumping of practice swords and the occasional cry of pain when Ealdred hit a training opponent somewhat harder than would have been necessary.

Later on he got the men into formation and the second half of the day heard commands like "battle ranks", "shield wall", "advance", " defensive line" bellowed across the castle.

[OOC: If continued Sir Ealdred's training will give +1 skill and +1 discipline but -1 morale for the troops]

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 am

Day 2 dawn

Merclans small party rides into the village at a slow walk, perched atop a colossal charger, his beady eyes scouring over everything, his scarred face made horrific by his big smile. His three sons ride behind on tired looking chestnutts, with light crossbows resting on their laps and assorted daggers, axes and short swords. Yirimir his daughter brought up the rear, sitting on a slick jet black stallion, a boiled leather jerkin covered her body, but her bright blonde hair flowed behind her. One unfortunate militiaman in the practice yard with Ealdred dropped his guard in wonder and was cracked in the face by the furious old knight. Merclan rides up to the keep and waves the paper note in a beleguered sentries face. "Yes hello fine sir, I'm here to see your lord slash baron slash emir about a proposition he has forwarded to me." Whilst the sentry hurries away, Merclan eases back into the saddle, and pulls out a pipe and an indescribable D'shar herb. Lighting it and inhaling deeply he waits for Williams response.

Last edited by DrSane on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next