Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Politics of the East (OOC)

Go down 
+6
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Psychozoa
Saeros
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Mordred
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 pm

The map's in the IC-Materials.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Well I'm a bloody moron. I didn't think he would update the one he already put. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 am

How big is the garrison exactly? there are 20 Rangers with Alaric and 20 more in the way with Aldric.

Just for my calculations
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 am

100 militia spearmen and 100 militia archers at Eastcrown and a further 100 militia spearmen at Farhill, which is the secondary castle in the county.

Alaric has mounted rangers (=Clarion Calls) with him. As for the 20 Silvermists, I'd say do not wait for Aldric. I messaged him some time ago, but got no reply, so I take it he is too busy to take part at the moment. Just let them arrive with orders to report to Alaric.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:47 am

I already planned an entry for them, thanks for the numbers
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:34 am

Is there anything expected of me regarding the festivities and the meetings of the Lords?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 am

Nothing in particular, I think. The resources and money (1 spice and 2000 denars) have been paid already and I'll just consider it sufficiently prepared, if you have no objections. There is a special merchant in Laria that was introduced in the Trouble in the East event, who deals especially with high quality food and drink. I'd roleplay having contracted him for the feast. If some independent issue comes up during the feast that falls into neither my nor the voice's authority I'd be happy if you stepped in, though.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 am

I will do that, good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am

Did Milos take up Iskar's suggestion to charge the Dragons high prices for everything, exploiting that they have little choice due to being so intent on staying in the city?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm

yes he did, but only to a maximum of 5 percent higher than for the others. Unnoticable at first but it sums up over time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:01 am

Looks like an awesome job you're doing there, Reiner. Keep it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 am

Wall of text incoming. Have fun reading Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 am

Hm.

Has Lucius returned from his mission at this point?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 am

Dunno. I guess he should since Psychozoa told me he achieved that Cez would join the EPTC. Would it be of importance for the feast?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am

Is Fouchier unaware of feudal structures? Of course "knight" is a lower rank than "baronet", but that does not mean that any baronet could order around any knight. Feudal authority extends only to your own vassals and especially not to crown-immediate entities such as the orders. I'd explain that to him IC, but I am confused that a lord would not know that.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 am

I didn't know, but what he is thinking isn't affected by that, so no need to change.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 am

There's another problem: Fouchier must be extremely confused if he says that members of orders are knights at most. His entire family are members of the Clarion Call and they are a baronet paramount, a count and a duke and the Clarion Call is to a great part recruited from steppe and marcher nobility.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 am

Plus, what about the ex-griffon grandmaster? He was a duke
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

I agree that we do need some kind of clarification concerning nobility titles and holdings for order members.

For example: with those hexes that were claimed by an order, are they supposed to be holdings held by the order as an organisation and then governed as the order internally sees fit, with the order itself gaining equivalent rights to that of the nobility (therefore, the knights itself not gaining any more prestige/power) -- or does one designated member of the order become a noble in his own right as far as the law is concerned.

Also, how are loyalty issues handled? Say has minor nobility influence in a hex, and would technically owe loyalty to the local lord. What would/could a Grandmaster do if ordered to do something by that lord? Could this happen at all?

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 am

That is what I am trying to solve IC with the charter. The order as a whole is crown immediate and no noble can order them to do a specific thing, but where an order holds a subordinate fief the county's lord can demand their services as vassals, yet only to the extent appropriate to their standing. Say an order is baronet paramount in a hex and the lord calls his banners, then he could not expect them to send their entire order in his support, but only the 100 militia that a generic lord of the secondary castle would provide.
Until now these intricacies remained undealt with, nobles being part of knighthood orders, orders holding noble titles (which they do as whole organisations with the grandmaster/leader acting as lord governant and holding the rights and privileges tied to the title, but only as long as he holds the order office. Should, say Iskar, resign from being Lord Constable, he would no longer rule Isenfeld, Mistrock, Eastcrown and Silverwood, since that authority would fall to the next Lord Constable.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 am

Perhaps he doesn't consider the Clarion Call a legitimate part of the Silvermist Rangers and treats it as an independet order.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 am

I also think that his entire family were members of the Clarion Call. Quentin of course still is, but Fouchier would not have made any efforts to become a member of the Silvermist. Alamar himself was more like a patron/honourable member, highly influential and respected, but not technically part of the order. Maybe Fouchier, as firstborn son, did never really join either.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 am

Yes, as a rule they are Clarion rangers. Fouchier may be just be too proud of that.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:27 am

Seriously, that point is quite artificial, Saeros.

Alamar officially recognised the Silvermist as the order of the marches in Trouble in the East and the Clarion Call has been an integral part of it for years now. You didn't even raise such distinctions in the replies I got from Alamar.

@Azlanek: You said yourself in the opening posts of Trouble in the East that the Monashs all wore Clarion Call colours as they were members of the order.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 am

Alright, let me clarify.

Fouchier is pro-nobility, although not as extreme as Aelfwine's people. He is very annoyed that the king sent his father to what, for him, is a frozen wasteland and a sort of forced exile, after a council organized by the Silvermists. He is a proud Clarion ranger, and never quite got over the fact that his order had to obey the Silvermist rangers - even though, as you say, his father recognized them. He does not like that Iskar, a commoner, is attempting to debate laws that don't concern his status. He likes order and proper respect for hierarchy, which, for him, means that orders and lords know their proper place. He won't complain much if this isn't attented to, and will not take arms or do anything stupid in that case, but he is cranky about it, and he is expressing that feeling.

By exposing that, I probably ruined any interesting negotiation RP this lord might have had in this meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Politics of the East (OOC)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next