Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Politics of the East (OOC)

Go down 
+6
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Psychozoa
Saeros
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Mordred
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Alright.

Instead of using the same name and confusing things, I'd say e.g.: residential quarter, a series of medium-sized houses designed to provide temporary shelter and food for workers, without metagame effects. I'll make this IC in my next post.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:09 pm

@ Iskar: thanks, edited
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:12 pm

@Saeros: Actually there is no longer a metagame building called inn or tavern, so you can use that safely. (The mercenary buildings now are called Den of Iniquities and Outpost.) Best make it an inn and a storehouse.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 pm

PS: Do we have to use valuable timber (usually used for construction) as firewood? There should be a considerable amount of scrap wood and kindling produced as leftovers when the sawmills saw the trunks to planks, maybe equal in amount to a third of the output, so each turn with 3 wagonloads of timber gives another IC-only wagonload of firewood?

(If you concede that Iskar will mention it IC as a possibility to get more firewood.)
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 am

I would consider every 3 Wagonloads you get out of Hex 61 (Silverwood Forest) to give you 1 Firewood because the Noldor Woods are very thick and the Trees have more Branches.(I think)
Any other Wagonload from other Hexes will only give 1/5 of Firewood = every 5 Wagonloads you get 1 Firewood
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:34 am

The only other sawmill is in Laria, the woods of which are basically the same as the adjacent Silverwood (61). The eastern forests stretch over several counties.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:09 am

Or that 2 Timber is enough for a full stockade.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 am

@ Mordred:2 Timber for a stockade matches with the 3 Timber for a pallisade around a Village I think.
A stockade is simmilar to a Pallisade but we use it to describe the first stage of a Castle which is smaller than a village I think. The Villages or houses for the peasants are mostly build around the Castles which then need a pallisade.

@ Iskar: Ok so Timber out of the Noldor Woods (Hexes 61 and 54) provide 1/3 of their produce as Firewood whereas all other Hexes provide 1/5 of their produce as Firewood.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 am

You're making a devious smile into unsettling subtext? Well...
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:47 am

@Iskar: do you mean me? If there is subtext then it is not intended.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:49 am

meant Laisha
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am

Would you play Ithilrandir, Psychozoa? No need for extensive character roleplay, just his decisions and answers, i.e. for the time being, whether he receives Iskar.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 am

will do
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:45 am

double Post:

Have you two met before(how often)? How good do you know each other.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:47 am

Iskar wrote:
Would you play Ithilrandir, Psychozoa? No need for extensive character roleplay, just his decisions and answers, i.e. for the time being, whether he receives Iskar.

I'd go as far as saying 'no extensive character roleplay at all'.

As Saxon is writing that book.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 am

Iskar and Ithilrandir have not met during this actual roleplay but in the beginning it said the Silvermist handled a lot of diplomatic missions with the Noldor and in my application it said Iskar went on those quite often before and when he was made Constable.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm

@ Saeros: will you post in the assembly room or are you still thinking?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Saeros has left for the Steppes to oversee Wayrest Residence.

I, the player, have removed myself from this event.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Roger that, so Laisha has to answer I guess. Or is someone else inside the Room?

just a reminder: I told you about a problem in the steppes which might cause a problem later on.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:44 am

Are we going to move on with this anytime soon? There are some important plans I'd like to get under way.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 am

Psychozoa wrote:
[OOC: I consider the problem I posted as being ignored because I got no answer]
I'm not completely sure we actually understood what you meant by "something they can hold onto". If this is just about a lack of self-confidence, we cannot do much about it anyway, since the very concept of self-confidence implies that you must achieve it yourself and it cannot be given in any real way.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 4:27 pm

It is not completely about self-confidence, but it most certainly plays its part. The thing is that if you ignore this, the problem won't get worse because it already exists. This is a situtaion were you can only win.

If the situation ever arises again.

edit I: I will post regarding the merchants arriving(or not) from Marleons, Poinsbruk and Laria soon.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 am

Is the scroll a recommendation from the mounted ranger in your character's story, Alaric?
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Yes. Basically a "hes good material, put him through the wringer to make sure he is what we want" kind of thing.

Looking at other rps I know in the future to actually add what the letter/note says.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm a bit confused there. I thought this event happens in the time between the mini events and the throne room event, i.e. before the outcome of the latter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Politics of the East (OOC)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next