Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Liberation of Veccavia

Go down 
+7
MordKaiser87
Wolfarmin
Sir Aranor
Mordred
Fidelity
Centurion1
MitchyMatt
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:39 pm

The orders i was given were to go to the villages tell the villagers of Queen Boadice arrival and block any messengers, my plan is the blocking the routes any messenger might take from the city and we check houses to make sure there aren't any messengers while where in the closest villages to the city i wont be going to every village but the one that might report of enemy arrival if a messenger so happens to be heading out spotted my group and is hiding in a close village
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:59 pm

//this is before Centurion1's post

The Judicator reassured his brother, “Mattias will serve you well, him and another of his kinsmen will ride ahead of your forces and watch for any signs of resistance from forces loyal to the pretender-queen,” Varis elaborated, “if what everyone says is true, then you should be encountering ‘innocent’ villagers not rebels.”
But Varis warned, “if there is resistance, do not hesitate brother. Value the innocent, but do not risk the initiative for the longer you tarry in one village the element of surprise becomes squandered.”
He added his own tactical advise, “do not be afraid to split your forces Wolfarmin, you have over a company of men at your command. You are not fighting a unified force; if you feel that a quarter of your number can hold a village, leave a quarter behind and rush quickly to the next town.”
Varis leaned in closer to whisper into Wolfarmin’s ear, “you are the master of horse, ride upon the winds of Astraea.”
Pulling back he finished, “besides that your plan should do well, in no time we should see the people of Veccavia flocking to the capital to defend the Queen Boadice, with you and the Dawn at their head.”

Noticing that they were being overheard, the two brothers saw the Harlequin looking over them...
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I know brother, once i have checked the closes of villages my entire force will be move to the position to block any messengers until we are needed else where.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:36 pm

"Then I wish you well in battle, for now I must deal with my duty and that of my men in concerns with taking the capital."
Sir Varis clasped his brother's arm in a traditional farewell and turned to Grandmaster Stoutheart,"I hope that we meet together with Fredrick, Master Aranor and perhaps the Queen to see if Astarea have granted us visions-for-victor to add to your battle-plan.”
Grinning he included, “some of the men are actually eager to fight on foot, especially our Fierdsvain brothers. They found the Veccavian phrase for ‘surrender’ particularly amusing. Our Vindicator knights and shield’s men will do as you ask, for they can hold the line just as well as any of your chapter.”
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:13 pm

wolfarmin wrote:
The orders i was given were to go to the villages tell the villagers of Queen Boadice arrival and block any messengers, my plan is the blocking the routes any messenger might take from the city and we check houses to make sure there aren't any messengers while where in the closest villages to the city i wont be going to every village but the one that might report of enemy arrival if a messenger so happens to be heading out spotted my group and is hiding in a close village

The Harlequin growls,

The orders you were given by me Sir Knight. Don't you believe I may know how I want my own orders to be interpreted.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Quote :
The Harlequin growls,

The orders you were given by me Sir Knight. Don't you believe I may know how I want my own orders to be interpreted.

Sensing the Harlequin was upset with his brother knight, he felt it was not his place to intercede into a discussion that wasn't his.
He quickly excused himself from Stoutheart's presence, "another time your grace," bowing as he left.
Varis made his way though the crowd of warriors, looking for signs of Lord Aranor.

//will edit if centurion1 addresses me directly.

Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:35 am

Mat stomped over to the stairway to the top of the ship. The Ebony Gauntlet was waiting commands topside, and he planned to give some.

"Jorah, Heran! To me! We are going to be charged with opening the gates so that the Dawn Knights are able to enter the city. Bring your squads and send a messenger to Fredrick to give me a few of his greatswords to assist us... The rest of the men will be going with our commander, Harlequin."

Turning around, he cast his gaze to the plank connecting the shore to the ship.

"Gauntlets, disembark! May Astrea give us luck!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 am

//to what centurion1 said

Then i will do as u want and only stop any messengers
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:40 am

Frederick motions to a group of his waiting men, and a detachment of Greatswords move to join Mat and his waiting soldiers.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 am

In the midst of conversation with Sir Aranor, the Judicator heard the Gauntlets and Mannheims preparing to depart off the deck. The captain looked to the moving top-cranes as it began to offload their precious steeds of war from the holding stalls below deck.
"Curse it all," Varis muttered under his breath. The Dawn were to be one of the last on-shore as much work had to be done with their horses before they can begin the march.
He caught sight of a young midship who was in charge of the cargo transport process.
"You boy," Varis yelled, "make good speed in getting our mounts off-ship, the enemy await."
The young officer, somewhat startled by being addressed by a knight directly acknowledged the captain's order,
"you heard him boys put your backs into it, you want the Veccavian muses to catch ya with your pants down!"
Some of the sailors laughed aloud, but Varis and the midshipman missed a few of the grunts and curses from the men.
Satisfied the knight called out for his brothers, "men of the Third, brothers of Dawn, to brave Aranor and the battle to come!"
Those Dawn Knights within an earshot bellowed their response, "and may the dusk never come!"

Last edited by MordKaiser87 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : undo the undo)
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:37 am

The Harlequin's face turns red and he is very obviously struggling to maintain his composure,

STOP! What in Astreas name are you doing man. Why the hell are the KOTD disembarking. We are already within the damn city. Look around

The Harlequin points to the narrow sheer cliffs surrunding the cove his men now need to climb

How the bloody hell do you propose your damn destriers to climb these walls! You know why a contingent of my Knights are going to open a gate for the KOTD. Because the damn KOTD are outside of the damn city. Listen to your damn orders boy and stop treating everything like a challenge for dominance if you are not off the ship first. The KOTD are not leaving the ships here.

He strides up to the Knight and pokes him in the chest with every word to make it very clear

Follow. Orders. Do. Not. Try. To. Issue. Orders. Do. What. Sir. Aranor. Tells. You. To. Do. And. At. Least. Try. To. Know. The. Orders.

The Harlequin walks off trying to get the KOTD back in the ships.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 pm

MEN! WHAT IS THE MEAING OF THIS!

out strides Aranor in full armor

WE ARE TO FOLLOW THE HARELQUIN's ORDERS

calls back all knights

READ THE REPORTS OF THE MEETINGS UNTIL WE GET TO OUT LANDING ZONE

passes out reports

calms down

Wolfarmin, you will not clear out or search entire villages, you must get to as many as you can to spread Boadice's return and disrupt communications
Varis, I, as in ME, will lead you personally of this ship, the knights of the ebony gauntlet must do their job, and we must do ours.

turns to harlequin

I am sorry commander my knights can be overzealous at times, I take responsibility for taking to long to get into my armor.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Lady Boadice, walks out onto the dock of the boat. Dressed in full Unicorn plate, the emblem for royalty in Veccavia. She looks about the bickering crowd in the cave then looks over to Frederick. She nods his head. The Mettenheim man looks at the Harlequin then at Mat, and he too nods his head. He turned his head. "Sally forth Mettenheim!" And lead the pack up through the cliff way to kick down a door, with men flying out the windows and door to their deaths.

Frederick pops his head and arm out and smiles. "Common Mijn Kapitans!"

Lady Boadice looks to the Harlequin. "You sir knight will go with Frederick since he has cleared the first way of guards. Once you reach the city, you shall be in charge. Gods speed to yous, and unsheathes her sword and yells. With all the other men doing so. The Ebony Gauntlet was about to lay their dark fist into the city.

She then looked for the Knights of the Dawn Grandmaster Aranor. "You sire will stay here with the rest of your men. The horses being carried by the other various ships have docked close to us, but on the land and have you and your men's horses ready. You will then go from there, rallying support from the villages and preparing to enter the city once the Mettenheim and Gauntlets open the first set of gates."

"I will be behind the Gauntlets, making sure they spare and capture those who are loyal, And so I can kill those whores you swore allegiance elsewhere to Queen Valorna."
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:01 am

Mat looks at to the sky, a distant look in his eyes. The sun was just creeping out from over the sea, tinging the horizon pink with its coming.

"The sun rises, the dawn approaches! The Legion will advance, and death comes to any who stand in its way!"

Jumping from the deck onto solid ground for the first time in days, he glances around. With a guttural warcry he draws the Greatsword off his back, leading his men into another battle.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

pats the shoulder of an anxious squire

do not worry my knights, we will be the ones this city remembers,

draws sword

the city shall remember the white knights of the eastern sun.

calls from boat

Good luck my friends! We shall see you in the city!
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:50 am

Then, the boat disembarks from the hidden cave entrance with the Knights of the Dawn on it. Only to land to a closer shore in the thick mist.

The Ebony Gauntlets, Mettenheim, and Boadice are now pushing up the cliff side passageways to enter the city and begin the first assault.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:06 am

The Harlequin remains in the middle of his forces knowing full well that his job is not to do the killing but to direct it. The weak slave men of the Veccavi fall before his men with near hilarious ease and the warrior women are hindered in close quarters by their smaller statures and lower levels of strength compared to the foot knights.

Everything appears to be occurring as planned.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Mat lashed out, knocking the guard's sword into the ground before finishing him with an hard underhand blow. Turning to look at his commander, he yelled over the screams of the battle.

"It seems we separate here. May Astrea be with you!"

Turning his attention to his men, he called them to him, then headed for the massive city gates.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:48 am

Once they appeared out of some sort of warehouse, the two parties split. Mat and his party are going to travel through the misted back streets to reach the gate.

The Harlequin and his men, along with Boadice and Frederick's Mettenheim, are to capture the first section of the commons before advancing in the city. Since they will need an HQ and an established hold on the city. The open the warehouse doors to the many buildings and streets ahead...

The Dawn have just disembarked their ship to find their horses saddled and ready. They need to act quick and rally support.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:04 am

Sprinting down the misty streets, Mat came to pause, holding his hand up to tell them to stop to. Surveying the gates, something felt wrong... There wasn't a single guard present there.

"Dragon's tooth! Advance," he called. Falling back into line with his men, he continued forward, if slower. When they reached the gates, Mat stopped them again.

"All soldiers of the Mettenhiem, form around the gate and make sure nobody gets around to attack our flanks. The rest of us go in and clear the gatehouse."

Turning to survey the gatehouse door, he called over his crossbowmen, telling them to stand ready. With a deep breath, he shouldered his greatsword and drew his smaller longsword, before kicking the door down. He felt the arrows slam into his shield as a dived aside, letting his crossbowmen shoot into the building.

"After me! Kill these gelded bastards before they can draw again!" Rushing in, he bashed the face of the first man with his shield before running him through, then sidestepped and backhanded the other. Around him he saw his Gauntlets rushing in. Leaving them to deal with the rest, he ran up the stairs to meat a lady, calmly waiting for him. The unicorn on her chestplate glittered.

Looking at her, he spoke up. "Surrender, and you will be spared. You cannot defeat us all."

"Men. They have no right to challenge me. They may eventually bare me down, but not before I kill at least one of you!"

She leapt toward him, not even drawing her sword, confident that she would win. The look of surprise on her face when she was run through was almost funny. Taking a deep breath, he turned to the gatehouse controls.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:19 am

The knights of the dawn were riding towards the city on their destriers with Grandmaster Aranor at the front.
Soon a force of veccavian outriders rode out to meet them in the plains around the city.

"Varis! Take third company and circle them, everyone! Do not let them get behind you!

The outriders fled when about 30 of them were killed, one of the kotd was wounded.

They reached the great gates of the city, 5 stories high and made of reinforced oak wood with iron supports.

"Wolfarmin, take our fastest riders and get to as many villages as you can and spread word of Boadice's arrival,"
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Wolfarmin took the fastest of the riders and rode hard toward as many villages as he could, it seemed as if his horse could not feel the weight of its armour, the men of the villages were happy to hear of Boadice arrival, Wolfarmin knowing that he did not have much time rode even harder
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 am

The gatehouse controls were large and required more then one man to merely operate it. But if things couldn't get worse, a side door opened and Veccavia Royal Guard appeared all around them in the open spaced gatehouse. It was a trap, Mat clearly knew something was up from the gecko.

The Dawn have begun scattering to the local villages along in the mist. With maps in hand it was easy to naviagte.

(BTW: if your going to talk to villages, then please put some dialogue in on how you do it. It makes it more vibrant and colorful. Also it adds variety. It would just be nice to see how your characters can or maybe not convince the outside villages)
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 am

The Harlequin was not going to allow his men to fall too these she bitches. He had Sir Austark summon Boadice and requests her to point out where all the prominent nobles dwell on their path to the central keep. She happily obliges and his men begin kicking down doors. They soon have a tidy collection of children hostages.

Last edited by Centurion1 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Varis had just returned to the front of the vanguard after checking on the Dawn's only minor casualty.
"Initiate Rineheart took a sword glance on his arm, the armor was able to catch most of the blow," reported the Captain as he trotted into formation beside the Grandmaster, "unfortunately his pride could not be saved."
"There will be a chance to make up for it," Aranor replied as he stared at city battlements waiting for the gates to rise and the Dawn to charge in, "this is not a battle for our pride, but for justice and Pendor."
"Aye your grace," Sir Varis acknowledged. They both saw the soldiers fighting for the walls in the distant. Neither one could make out the colors of the Veccavian defenders or of their allies. The Knight looked to the sky and offered a silent prayer for the gates to open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Liberation of Veccavia
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next