Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Liberation of Veccavia

Go down 
+7
MordKaiser87
Wolfarmin
Sir Aranor
Mordred
Fidelity
Centurion1
MitchyMatt
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Wolfarmin men finally arrived at the last village, as they trotted to the center of the village Wolfarmin felt a cold chill on his back, he told his riders to ready themselves, there was a thick mist in and around the village, one of riders horse began to panic. Suddenly a blood curdling war-cry was yelled, Wolfarmin could tell the voices came from women but suddenly slave men where rushing towards Wolfarmin and his riders with meager farming tools, the great stead that wolfarmin raised from a faun(dont know if i spelt that right) quickly raised his body in the air and crashed his front legs on the making a thundering sound, the slave men stopped in there tracks,Wolfarmin looked at them smirked and lifted his head stared in the mist and said

"Come out and i may spare you"

One by one the women of the village came out of the mist with spears and shields ready to fight to the end

"Is this it you men where enslaved to these weak excuses for warriors, no longer shall this foolishness linger, Queen Boadice has arrived to free no drop your weapons and rejoice.

Wolfarmin looked to the women militia trying to control his urge to kill them and the slave men that charged him

"Drop your weapons"

They reluctantly drop there weapons

"Good, now we can play a little game"

Wolfarmin pulled out his coin, he showed them the coin and told his knights to gather the children of the village, the knights quickly followed orders, Wolfarmin told his knights to stop anyone from coming to the village except his most trusted riders...................................... continued on the Knights of the Dawn thread
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:41 am

(I haven't found time to post here for a while.)

Mat raised his shield, backing into the corner in the tower. "To me!" he yelled, calling his Ebony Gauntlets. Then with a snarl that would have made a jaguar cringe, he leaped at the first one of the bitch's to come within arms reach.
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Wolfarmin finally makes it to Sir Aranor before the gates are raised

Whats taking them so long to kill those weak excuses for warriors ????????????
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Calm Wolfarmin, I would rather them get through it slow and safe then them rushing and losing many of them.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:51 am

The heated anticipation of battle was a double edged sword.
At that anticipating moment where a warriors fury is finally unleashed, there would come an audacious charge that would shatter the enemy upon the sheer force of a beast finally released from their cage.

Varis surveyed the returning knights, some looked perspired, others didn't break a sweat. Almost all were surprised to see the Grandmaster's main force still positioned outside the walls, many of the outriders expected to enter the capital in midst of battle. Though many of the full-battle knights were excited they were not missing out, already shared feelings of impatience was spreading among the ranks. Especially from the Sir Wolfarmin. However the wise words of Aranor were able to lessen some of the anxiety amongst the men.

Though the beast is a furious force, such recklessness can be used against him. In such blood-lust, a warrior can only see the battle in front of him. A cunning enemy who attacks from the side might as well be invisible, because even a single well-placed slice to a tendon can bring any behemoth crashing down.

Even if the delay was due to caution, Varis couldn't shake the feeling that things didn't go according to plan.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:05 am

takes off helmet, and looks at the great walls

Initate Rineheart!

looks at the young squire

Is your arm badly injured?

the squire shakes his head
Aranor looks at the squire's master

Sir Whitewheat, may I borrow your young charge for the battle?

The knight crossed his arms and bowed

Rineheart, you showed great bravery in the small skirmish with the veccavians, I wish for you to accompany me into battle when these gates open, you have the makings of a knight, you cover my back, ill cover yours

the squire was quite surprised that the headmaster of his order would bestow such an honor upon him

Aranor looked at all the knights around him.

"Men, do not be anxious, Astreaea's shining light will guide us on this day, we shall be white knights smiting evil and saving this nation. When these gates open, prove yourselves to be the true champions that you were all born to be, for know that our goddess smiles upon you, prove the Eventide that the dawn has not faded into sunset, prove that we are the justiciars that Astrea wishes us to be!"
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Wolfarmin looked at the initiate and in a sinister he said

You better be good with a sword or these bitches will take your heart out your chest and eat while you watch.

Unable to control them selves Wolfarmin and a few of his riders burst into laughter

I'm only kidding you boy im sure they'll kill you first.

Looking to Sir Aranor with a more serious face

What spoils of war are available since slavery is illegal
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Do not take everything you see willy-nilly, the only spoils of war permitted by me are the "confiscation" of all the belongings inside the noble houses, but no crazy looting, we are knights, not maruaders, do not take anything inside the keep, but if you see a house or mansion of ursuper supporters, I dont care what you do, just dont go crazy, the people must look at us as liberators, not destroyers.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Judicators indeed Varis thought. He rode up to Wolfarmin and offered his advice, "I wasen't aware you took such pleasures of the flesh, especially for one so 'devout' to Astraea."
Wolfarmin looked like he was going to burst, but Varis ushered him down as he meant no offense, "forgive me my lord, for I do not question ones piety only your well-being."
Varis trotted his horse next to Wolfarmin and whispered, "I would be careful in who you choose to hold in bonds brother. While you care of the purity of body, and I the soul, I would warn you not to test either upon the women of the Veccavi."
Moving away and finishing his sentence within an earshot of a few the captain finished, "it is said they hide daggers under their bodices and fangs behind their 'lips', either-or can take away what one can say makes a man 'whole'."
A few men of the third snickered as Varis rode toward Aranor.
"Your grace is either foolish or daring to take upon the company of an initiate as your arms-brother, but regardless, you honor your men," he said crossing his arms and bowing in respect.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Varis, it is most definetly daring. Plus, the men need to know that their Grandmaster is one of them, not a far-off mythical being, but an actual living, breathing, knight
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 am

"Regardless of your intentions, you still represent our order as its leader. Asterea keep you your grace, but you risk much more than your life if you ever were to fall."

A leader lives the lives of himself and his men. He leads from the front because he is the tip of the spear. But he must not give his life so easily, if the leader were to die his company would die with it.

He looked at the Grandmaster and vowed, "I'm sure Rineheart or any other man won't let it come to that."

I won't allow it to happen again. Never again...
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 am

A badly damaged ship limps towards the coastline to the secret cove.

"Everyone, grab everything you can and prepare to travel!" is heard as men begin disembarking the ship, men tossing foodbags onto the shore.

As the figures come into view, 45 men are identified. Their armor is glinting with the obvious marks of the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, led by a huge man clad in body enclosing armor, his face hidden from view.

"We're late"

The group begins marching quickly off in the direction in the castle.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:28 am

Despite the skill that Mat Cauthan could draw upon, there were simply too many of the Veccavian Royal guards to combat, and slowly, inexorably they managed to press him and his band away from the gate-house controls. The faces of the Veccavian's were stern and professional, however Mat could detect the glimmer of a sinister smile on the woman closest to him as she saw that they had gained the upper hand.

Mat blocked a sword blow with his shield, and sent his own weapon crashing into the woman attacking the knight to his side, her side left exposed after her own attack, and Mat was able to dispatch her quickly. The move to save his comrade nearly cost him dearly however, as the woman before him recovered from her own strike prepared to worm in with a quick sword thrust. Just as the sword was about to strike her grin became a grimace and she collapsed to the floor, her brown hair seemed to burst from her head as a mace cracked atop her skull. There seemed a sudden desperation coming from the women as their friends began to die around them.

Another armoured figure emerged infront of Mat, and he raised his weapon ready to strike only to realise they bore the surcoat of the Ebony Gauntlet. All around in the room the Veccavian Royal Guards were falling, having been attacked by a gang of Ebony Gauntles who pressed in from behind, and poured through the gatehouse entrance.

Finally there was only one woman left standing, but being a Royal Guard she refused to give up the fight, she swung madly at the leader of the reinforcements who ducked easily under the blow and slid his spear into her chest with seeming ease. Mat strode to the man, who was still holding the woman on the end of his spear, and saw that he was gazing with sorrow into her eyes, as her life slowly left her. Finally she slumped down, and the knight removed his spear from her corpse slowly, with great care and turned to the watching Mat Cauthan

"Sir Thaddeus reporting, sir."

The room was clear, the gate mechanism open for use once more.

Outside, the Knights of the Dawn were relieved to see that the great gates to the city slowly creaked open.

Meanwhile, with Frederick, Boadice and the Harlequinn;

"Mistress, you have returned! Gods be praised, your sister was making a terrible mess of our nation!" one of the noble women sobbed, kneeling at the feet of Boadice. "We have been dreaming of your return for months now!" Boadice stood regarding the woman by her feet, and said nothing her gaze lingering over the sullen faces of the noble hostages arranged around her.

"This is what my nation has come to? You are all babbling like men in the castration line. You dare to call yourselves the nobility of Veccavia?" Boadice said finally, her voice deadly quiet that the supplicants struggled forwards to better hear her.

"M-misteress, we could do little else, your sister has been taxing us severely, could hardly afford to maintain my old suit of armour and fight for your return!" the cringing woman sobbed, seeming to ignore the threat in Boadice's tone.

"And yet you come before me now, in fine silks and rings on your fingers?" Boadice snarled, kicking the groping fingers off her legs, sending the woman sprawling. "I know you Morgrath, I remember the sneer in your eyes as I was led to my ship and exile to Pendor. I learned much there, and I guess I have your actions to thank for that." she continued, her voice still low.

"Anything m-mistress" Morgrath sobbed from the ground "see, all is pre-ordained. You went to Pendor not an exile, but a student, there to learn from others the arts of the state" she babbled, trying to rise once again. Boadice tore the sword from its sheath and wildly struck the head of Morgrath from her shoulders.

"I am no exile, I needed no teaching. I am the rightful Queen of Veccavia, and I am here to take what is mine!" she roared and all of the noblewomen blanched. She then raised the blade and pointed at the quivering nobles before her.

"You will now fight for me, you will fight for your Queen. Go and strike down all those who oppose me, and earn your places in my court"

"B-but we have no weapons! No armour!"
gasped one of the noblewomen

"I suggest you go pluck some from the corpses of my enemies then. Any of you who survive may keep your titles, those of your who die will be remembered forever as my loyal servants, and those of you who run will be killed and buried with the men" Boadice hissed in return.

"Now bring me the head of my sister!"
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:48 am

"Finally the gates are (Wolfarmin looks to Sir Aranor ) what shall we do commander".
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 am

Puts on helmet and draws sword

Men! Line up, we shall enter this accursed city

Looks at the intiate beside him

You got my back, I got yours,

The knights all lined up in triple ranks, and they all marched into the city.

The men of the veccavian near the gate were no match for the knights of the dawn, who hacked them all to pieces.

The plaza beyond the gate was quite spacious, and the knights stopped there.

Men! Begin to split up, good luck to you all, I shall continue down the main street with my company, Varis and his judicators will go to the bazaar to the right

Aranor spotted a stable near the gate

Wolfarmin! You know what to do.

Aranor looked at Wolfarmin and Varis

Varis, I want you to secure every house here, no children and un-resisting civilians are to be harmed, have your men say the veccavian phrase that the harlequin before they kick down doors. Wolfarmin, once you are done with the horses join up with Varis and finish securing here, then arc out and secure the city slowly but safely. I am going down the main street with most of the paladins to try and wipe out the bulk of the garrison not fighting the KOTEG

Also! If you happen so see any ebony guantlets, I want you to assist them in any way you can. And if you happen across a dead one.... say a silent prayer and move his body out of the street.

Lets move!
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 am

"Men, onw..." Thaddeus is interrupted as he knocks his head on the doorway

Thaddeus regains his composure and restarts "Men, onwards, we have to begin clearing out buildings!"

He clanks loudly as he exits the doorway.

Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Captain Varis nodded to Aranor and singled the judicators into a file down the street to the market section. Before heading into the already narrow streets Varis went down the file and went over the plan again with his men, "Judicators we will clear this side of the commons of anyone foolish enough to resist." Varis pointed at the streets, "we are field knights, and as such we will be at a disadvantage fighting upon mount," highlighting the limited space of the lanes.
"So we will ride in a rank of three; initiates will take the front and rear to cover our flanks while full-battle knights will be responsible for clearing the buildings."
Varis balled up his fist and let out his index finger, "one column; we will march as one column, as not let any opposition fall between our lines. If our battle line is broken whilst we are on horseback we are finished."
The knights nodded in agreement, "so initiates will be dismounted and bring crossbows to bear to catch any enemy while our brothers clear the structures, and while mounted they will buy us time for us to dismount and engage upon foot."
The captain looked at the younger initiates, aware that a lot was put upon them, "be aware at all times brothers." Varis pointed at the various apertures, "an attack can happen from those windows there as well, so make sure that your crossbows take note of that."
Varis paused before continuing, "we have orders to spare these folk from Asterea's final judgement, while I may have opinions on the matter, these are the words of the Grandmaster himself and with it the will of Asterea."
There were a few coughs from the knights, but no one would challenge their orders in the midst of battle, "you should all know Veccavian phrase from the Harlequin, if these peasents know what is good for them and understand our demands then they should be of no trouble."
Then his face went blank and his knights recognized the tugging-look of their captain's stare, "however," Varis added in a much darker tone, "however if anyone of them shows any resistance, do not hesitate to 'judge' them so."
"Any questions," he asked. No one raised their hands.
Varis pointed to a group of squires who were to lead the other initiates in leading the front and rear end of the column , "Brothers Isal, Hamdel, Uldine, and Karras; move us ahead."
With those orders the squires took their places quickly and made ready to move forward. The young Hamdel and Karras looked ahead and back making sure that the group was in formation before Varis gave the order, "third company: advance."
The two vanguard leads replied, "AD-VANCE," as they moved down the streets into the market commons.
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:57 am

Wolfarmin and his riders dismounted there horses but not knowing what to do after that he remembered hearing something about stopping messengers he told his men to watch for any messengers and

Men watch for any messengers
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 am

Wolfarmin your supposed to take all the horses to the stables member member?
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Hearing a voice of Sir Aranor, Wolfarmin remember that he is supposed to take all the horses to the stables and so he does
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Sir Aranor! Im here to reinforce you! Any orders , m'lord?!

*Bow before Sir Aranor and draws his double head axe*
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:34 am

Thinks for a minute

Blaze, I want you to come with me, I am going further down the street to slay some veccavians and would like some backup.
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Thaddeus and his two comrades arrive at the large house.

He roars out a warning in his native tongue, and promptly kicks down the door with ease. "Go!" he shouts as his two comrades rush inside with their crossbows at the ready. He hears the crossbows click and females screaming from in the doorway, and then he hears loud thumps from bodies falling.

"Clear!" he hears as one of his comrades shouts from inside.

He marches in the doorway to observe the damage that his comrades had done. He immediately looks in horror as an entire family lay before him, crossbow bolts piercing through their heads and chests, not even the children survived the rampaging bolts. They hadn't listened to his warning and as such, died for it.

Thaddeus's palm smothers his helmet as he lets out a sigh, and he orders his comrades to the next building, saying that he would be close behind him.

His comrades rush off into the distance as he removes all the protruding bolts and adds them to his quiver, he has one last look at the horrific scene before leaving the building.

He closes the door behind him, hoping nobody would find what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Thaddeus finally regroups with his men outside the temple, which had been barred up and used as a stronghold by the local guard. It was one of the last buildings to be cleared and Thaddeus with his men had taken on the task of capturing it. It was of high strategic importance as it had viewpoints in which the local guard could take pot-shots at straggler knights.

The layout inside was also clear, it was a big straight hall, and they had made it into a highly defensive point with makeshift supplies.

"Get into a column formation! Once the door is breached, the first line is to stand at the doors and fire blindly, the second line will then bypass the first line with swords at the ready to clear out the stragglers!" which his men follow orders without hesitation

Thaddeus steps up to the door, it looked like it would take a battering ram to breach, but he takes a deep breath and tenses his muscles, and with a massive kick the door opened, breaking the wood that barred it.

Suddenly Thaddeus is sent flying over his men into the ground, a ballista shot protruding from his shoulder, he screams in agony. His men quickly react with a few men staying behind to assist him while the rest followed his orders.

Thaddeus wriggles around, his men begin dragging him back to the gate. He tries to produce a word but is unable to with the amount of pain he is in. As his men reach the gate he passes out from blood loss.
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:33 pm

"Yes! M'Lord!"

*Follows Sir Aranor down the street, his eyes vigilant*

*Just then one of the Veccavian Soldier appear behind him, however Blaze managed to dodge the attack and beheads him with his axe*

"Damn fools!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   The Liberation of Veccavia - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Liberation of Veccavia
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next