Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls Thread

Go down 
+9
Slopsen
Sir Aranor
Sir Arceon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
dowpride
Iskar
Saeros
Mordred
Isabel Tenorio
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:43 am

No idea about Sotha Sil.

If Bethesda indeed end things with Skyrim, I think we can expect the modding community to come up with a good Morrowind remake some years from now. Never doubt the power of a passionate crowd.

Quote :
It still surprises me sometimes, since so few games are made as open and unforgiving as Morrowind today. Things don't scale to your level, so if you wander into Daedric ruins, expect to die. You're also more or less dropped with only a tiny bit of direction, so you have to just explore things on your own. I spent hours trying to find Gnsis or some such, to join the Legion, and days trying to become a vampire.

One of its great features. Wandering in Daedric ruins and fighting a Dremora in the first level.

Not OOC fast travel as well. You really have to use your map to get around.

EDIT: Also: fight the mainstream! You're able to use unmatching gloves.

Last edited by Saeros on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 am

They might end the Elder Scrolls with Skyrim?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 am

Vampires in Morrowind are always kill-on-sight. It's more of an easter egg or diversion than a playstyle. You do become quite powerful though.

There are methods of fast travelling, like public transports or certain spells. Levitate was <3

Saeros, I've just recalled something with dread. Cliffracers.

Spoiler:

It has been discussed, but it likely depends on how successful the MMO is. It's a huge cash-cow for them to just 'end' like that.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:48 am

I read that somewhere. For me, everything points to that. Skyrim's theme is about the literal end of the world. They would be ending the series with the first province settled by humans (Skyrim), which is fitting. And (as I repeatedly emphasize) it matches perfectly the end of the Ultima series.

EDIT: hey, Isabel, did you

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 am

I hope they don't end it. Plus it does make a lot of money for them doesn't it? Wouldn't it be bad, money wise, for Bethesda?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:54 am

They would have to come up with something else to make up for the financial hit, I'm sure. But they're trying the MMO thing (My bet: It flops like most other MMOs) for now. They could also step into a primarily publishing role, with the gain of the Fallout franchise.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't expect they'll really stop making TES games. Who knows, we just might finally get to see Akavir and the trouble the Nerevarine was getting into there. I just don't know if I could pick between the Ka'Po'Tun and the Tsaesci. You guys can have the Snow Demons and the Monkey People though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 am

Lol ok at least someone is an optimist. It would be horribe for them to end the Elder Scrolls.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:06 am

I'm usually indifferent to most things, but one thing that makes me really sad is seeing great games not developing their potential. There is so much that can be done with the Elder Scrolls series. Akavir should allow anything to be done with it: Empire-Akavir war; Akavir post-Skyrim; Akavir-during the 3rd Era. One could also stick to the Skyrim feel and accompany Ysgramor four Eras ago, RP the world of Dwemer and Falmer (before the betrayal), and many other stuff.

And the most immediate choice money-making and legacy-preserving: hiring good fanfic writers and creating dozens of novels. The second most obvious action would be making a movie, then selling base commercial stuff: mugs, keyrings, stickers, t-shirts. Thus creating a virtuous cycle of money and awesomeness.

There are the people, the means, and the lore for all of this. They just lack the will (and probably the legal rights).
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 am

You can only imagine what game companys would be like with out the bureaucracy. Look at the new DayZ game thier making after the succesful mod for Arma 2. Im sure their doing much better without the bureaucracy.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am

Or they would be bankrupt and have dozens of men and women with families out of jobs. You can never know, that's why the bureaucracy exists.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Bureaucracy is the main problem in Mediterranean and South American companies. It makes them waste too many resources and be tempted to speed/ease things up with corruption.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 pm

True
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:39 am

Fortunately the East Empire Company is less burdened by such things! >.>

<.<
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 am

It's just speculation (although similar speculations were correct with Dawnguard), but some dedicated people have data-mined the latest skyrim patch and found in the files some things that may hint to the next DLC: quest markers in Solstheim, chitin, bonemold etc armors, and spear wielding.

Apparently we will have a taste of Morrowind, after all. I'm sure they will trash the lore. But the imporant thing is that this hypothetical DLC might trigger the modding community to create Morrowind mods.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 am

Thats pretty cool. Was solstheim in Morrowind? I looked it up, its an island of Skyrim and Morrowind correct?
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am

It was in the Bloodmoon expansion. It's North of Morrowind but the few people who live there are mostly Nords or Rieklings with the occasional oddities so it's considered Nordic.
Apparently the leadership of Morrowind fled there after they were attacked by the Argonians.

Of course you couldn't have it without spears... You obtained Hircines spear there and the spear of the Snow Prince, of which the island is his final resting place.

It's certainly an interesting little island.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 am

Enslave the Nords and build some mushroom towers, and nobody will be able to tell it apart from Sadrith Mora Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:22 am

Sounds like the plan. I'll try to domesticate Rieklings while I'm at it. I think they'd make cute pets.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Skyrim Dragonborn DLC trailer released. Its content is similar to what the data-miners predicted. Solstheim, here we go!
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Whoopee!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 pm

(Sorry for double post) It says it might only be on Xbox. It will probably be on PC eventually but its never going to come out on PlayStation. Good thing I have a PC! tongue
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:24 am

They've really gone all out in supporting the Xbox version this time. It wasn't such an issue with Hearthfire, since PC users could do much more with the construction set, but Dawnguard's delay was unfun.

At least crossbow mods were around for months before Dawnguard was announced! Now if only I could find a real spear mod that wasn't just a reskinned 2h weapon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6