Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+28
Sir Thash Kor
Alaric Reiner
MordKaiser87
tobberman
Sir Arceon
dowpride
Hetzau
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Psychozoa
MitchyMatt
Aldric of Marleons
Ser Varys
Kamos
DiabloDude
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Pravenstern
Sir Aranor
Datedsandwich
Tubby McChubbles
Laisha
Mordred
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Curanthir
Saeros
Slopsen
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

Just talking - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Do my arena stats get a bonus from being Grandmaster? Hell there are already regular knights who haven't even punched important people with more stat points than me.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Wait, so the more important people I punch the better my stats will get? Is there an order to the Grandmasters I should punch or is it first come first served?
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm afraid that's sort of my thing. I don't think you'd have the constitution to hit some of the people I've hit and have your hand survive.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Kamos wrote:
Do my arena stats get a bonus from being Grandmaster? Hell there are already regular knights who haven't even punched important people with more stat points than me.
Looking at your stats, they should have been slightly higher in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Instead of increasing his stats globally, I was actually going for a +1 or +2 skill bonus whenever Kamos hit someone.

Quote :
I'm afraid that's sort of my thing.
He still can call dibs on the feet, though. Or he could be your comptetitor for the Fists of Pendor. Or be your disciple (because you surely have a martial arts academy).
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Saeros wrote:
Instead of increasing his stats globally, I was actually going for a +1 or +2 skill bonus whenever Kamos hit someone.

Quote :
He still can call dibs on the feet, though. Or he could be your comptetitor for the Fists of Pendor. Or be your disciple (because you surely have a martial arts academy).
You haven't heard about the kicker of queens?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:56 pm

There are still many noble butts that require kicking in Pendor Very Happy

Correction: "whenever Kamos hit someone with his hands."
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Things have come to a pretty pass when knights must punch each other into defeat. Better to be breaking arms and dislocating shoulders, with grip and twist rather than impact... and better still to be putting daggers through eye slots. Wrestling was, after all, a useful skill.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:53 pm

And while you are busy trying to break his arm, Kamos will punch you through your face. I wouldn't recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 am

I have just read the longest academic title I've ever seen in my life:

"Univ.-Prof. Dr. phil. Dr. rer. publ. Dr. theol. Dr. phil. habil."

These people do like titles, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 am

One of my old lecturers had 3 doctorates, 12 bachelors/masters and when I was there was studying to gain a solicitor's license.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 am

Quote :
12 bachelors/masters
WTF? If these are not honorary, this would mean he spent the minimum of 12x3 = 36 years in a classroom.

PS: I mean, in Brazil you can't be enrolled in two public programs at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 am

He's written about 25 journal articles as well, the man is ridiculous.

BSc, PGCE, MSc, Ph.D, FHEA, CPsychol, CSci, AFBPsS
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 am

Tubby McChubbles wrote:
BSc, PGCE, MSc, Ph.D, FHEA, CPsychol, CSci, AFBPsS

Jees, I'm satisfied once I have my MSc in Criminology. Then it's done.. no more forced reading of your professor's own books wich you'll end up disagreeing with entirely.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 am

Ahh, you psychologists and your inability to ever agree on anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 am

something completely different; I was playing PoP today and stumbled on this interesting rumor...

"A tavern drunk says that Sir Darlion of Pendor eats so much garlic that he must employ retainers without a sense of smell"

Curiously none of the Griffons on this forum noted they lacked a sense of smell and this might explain their curious behaviour of late, luckily for them the good (and smelly) Sir Darlion has retired and rumor has it the new Grandmaster ordered all the squires to do their best in removing the smell.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 am

I'm going to do another playthrough and find all the rumours. And finally actually recruit some Hammers.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:35 am

Saeros wrote:

Quote :

Yeah but I'm a Grandmaster with 5 skill points...
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 am

Well, it should be justifiable to have improved in skill recently. That's what I'm relying on for when I'm knighted - a total of 2 points (+1 with some weapons) is fine for a squire, but not a knight.

With regard to the rumour of a garlic smell - rumours are notoriously unreliable, so chances are he just ate too much garlic one day and the rumour spread from that.

Titles galore: Yes, that is... um... excessive, is perhaps the best word. Interesting though, that someone can end up with so many.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:57 am

If you've earned the title then what is the harm in using it? I'm sure no one addresses him as Dr.Dr.Dr. x5 etc.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 am

It's like the a lion's mane or a peacock's tail: the bigger and brighter it is, the more situational authority the scholar has. The academy is a weird place.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 am

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 am

Quote :
Interesting though, that someone can end up with so many.
What I would ask him: was is worth it? Because those things cost a lot of time - and sanity. If he survived as much as four Phds, man, that guy has some resilience.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

My lecturer owns an organisational consultancy company, and his rationale is that he wants to understand all the issues that clients might have. Hence the law qualification and all the psychology degrees. He said it was going well at the time, so I assume it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

I think that above a certain number which in my opinion is very close to two the actual sense of a PhD gets perverted. Of a PhD or a german Dr. I would expect to contribute substantially to the research in his area of expertise. I do believe this is possible to do for two, maybe three different disciplines if they are close to each other, like e.g. maths and theoretical physics. For everything above that I cannot help but doubt the honest scientific motivation behind the title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next