Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)

Go down 
+18
Curanthir
Psychozoa
Laisha
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Datedsandwich
Kamos
Aldric of Marleons
Tubby McChubbles
tobberman
Sir Aranor
Sir Haegon
Pravenstern
Ser Varys
Saeros
Isabel Tenorio
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:25 am

Lord Aranor smirked.

"A lady of your family and social standing at a tavern? How scandalous. I hope you did nothing to dishonor the Griffins. Also, don't waste your time with bards, go to Javiksholm and drink with a skald. Oh wait.."

Lord Aranor turned to Varys once more.

" Concerning your other question...Astraea blesses us with victories."

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:34 am

Isabel turned back to Saeros.

"I have my doubts about that. Few care more for Aranor the Unworthy now than they did at Avendor, and now I understand it. As to the Master of the Eventide, I know only the rumors."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:03 am

Varys smiled and nodded at Aranor.

"It is good to hear that. I hope you are blessed with even more victories."
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 am

Savan had taken his seat next to Lucius, whom was his commander. He looked around the council chamber at all of the unfamiliar faces, trying to work out who was who. He knew Merzinas, as he had bested him in a joust, and he was vaguely acquinted with Aelos, but otherwise everyone outside of his order was a stranger to him. He sat silently, listening to all of the conversations around him, something about tainted wine and some woman was mocking an important looking man with whom Savan had not had the pleasure of meeting. Some religious remark was made and Savan shook his head slightly, but broke into a slight smile when a responce was made by a shady looking character.

Last edited by Datedsandwich on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 am

Aldric walks in carrying a barrel of wine on his right shoulder and a platter full of cups and a jug in his left hand. He places the platter on the table in the council chamber and the barrel next to a wall. He goes back to the platter and picks up his cup of win and starts drinking it again.

Well, lady and gentlemen, here is the wine i hear you all have been thirsty for. It is very fine wine which I have bought myself for an occasion such as this.

Aldric gives everyone a cup and sits at the table.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 am

Isabel took her now-filled cup and waited for Constable Iskar or another of the hosts to offer the toast to the King.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 am

Aranor laughed.

"Unworthy? I'm guessing that you haven't heard any other songs about me. You should go down near Nal Tar and ask about 'Warriors of Wygrove', its about the time I killed a demon lord. What about in Barclay? They should still be singing 'Bolt of Light' after I knocked the crown prince off his horse in that royal tourney when I was just a squire. There's also 'New Sun rising' if you go to Valonbray, its about my unanimous election to my current position. If I remember correctly, it was the one thing that Roland and your cousin could agree about."

Aranor took his cup.

"Many thanks to you Aldric."

Last edited by Sir Aranor on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 am

Saeros took an empty cup and did not care to fill it.

"Thank you, but I don't drink. It numbs my senses."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 am

Isabel took a small sip.

"I must confess it, I could never create a story about you half as well as you could. After this meeting, you'll have to share how you find such inspiration."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 am

The smile disappeared.

"Who said they were just stories? You can ask your cousin about it. He was there all three events. Though I suggest you write and ask about it soon. Who knows what could happen in the next month.."

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 am

"I see now why they also call you Aranor Oath-Breaker. Even a senile drunk does not boast half as much as you!"

Isabel turned away from the Knight, and gave her attention elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 am

Varys's eyes flashed and he glanced at Isabel.

"I suggest you show your respect, Barclay scum. With a tongue like that, I would heed Aranor's warning."

Varys took an empty cup, filled it, but did not drink.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 am

From down the corridor beyond the open doorway the sound of metal clanging against steel could be heard. Almost akin to a blacksmith's hammer falling upon an anvil. The sound however came only from a man, clearly in a rush to be somewhere, as he made his way towards the meeting hall. He slowed as he reached the doorway, smoothing out his white tabard to clearly display the holy symbol of Astraea. His blackened armour hardly the best choice of attire for something as trivial as a council meeting, though he was late enough as it is. And Varys better get his arse moving if hes to make it in time, he thought to himself, grinning.

He entered the meeting room and took in the scene before him, before announcing his arrival.

"Hail and well met brother knights! I apoligise for my late arrival, however the roads from Singal are still as treacherous as ever. I am Sir Celdiur Moriendor, Knight-Chaplain of the Order of Eventide, servant of the most blessed Astraea. May her light bless us all, friends"

As he looked around the room he could barely believe his eyes when he looked upon the suspicious character who stood now with the Griffons.

"Varys!?! I left Singal two days before you, how in Astraea's name did you manage to get here before me me?"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:17 am

Varys smirked.

"Celduir! It is good to see you too. However, there are some..secrets..that I would rather not let the whole council know. I'll tell you at a later time," he said.

"I trust the roads were not too treacherous?" Varys asked, giving Celduir his mug of wine.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 am

"'Scum' is a harsh way of addressing such a fine lady, don't you agree? The people from Barclay have different habits, and tongues as sharp as their swords."
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:37 am

Celdiur took the wine gladly. He dook a deep swig from his mug.

"As treacherous as they always are. I fear that all those extra patrols weve been sending out have done nothing to deter the tribal raiders"

He took another look around the room before turning back to Varys, smirking.

"Forgive me, but who are these people? These are the Grandmasters of the king's orders? Astraea be told I find myself...underwhelmed by the gathering"

He chuckled before taking another swig of his wine. It was only then that he noticed the young woman seated nearby.

Celdiur nodded in her direction.

"Whos the girl? I didnt realise the Griffons allowed women amongst their ranks"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am

Isabel glanced towards the cleric when she noticed his nod towards her.

"I am Isabel Tenorio, servant of His Majesty. The Griffons have allowed women since the restoration of Queen Boadice, if you must know. As for you, to what order do you belong, Eminence?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 am

Celdiur laughed softly before replying.

"Forgive me my lady. I meant no offense. I am Knight-Chaplain Celdiur Moriendor of the Eventide"

He gave the woman a quick look over before a frown settled upon his brow. He spoke again, but this time the words were that of Barclay.

"Tenorio, the dark complexion, the strange accent...you are of Barclay are you not my lady?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 am

Isabel smiled at the priest as she spoke her native tongue.

"You are correct of course. You're one of the Faithful, plainly. Yet you still wear white. Did the Venerable Judicator send you as his representative?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 pm

"No, he did not. I come as a representative of my Order and of Astraea. I know very little of the Venerable Judicator, other than I have little love for him or his Dawnite lapdogs"

He almost spat those last few words as he at long last laid eyes upon Sir Aranor.

Last edited by Sir Celdiur Moriendor on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm

"A Singalian, then."

Isabel smirked as she followed the cleric's eyes to Sir Aranor.

"You shouldn't confuse one for the other. The Church and the Sword are distinct in this land it seems."
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 pm

He smirked.

"A Singalian? Not for the life of me! I was born and raised near Avendor. However Singal is now my home, and that city breeds a resiliant people I can tell you. I would ask anyone not to judge Singal too harshly. The majority are good, hardworking people, oppressed by the foul and the corrupt. I aim to change that"

He looked again at Sir Aranor.

"You speak true, Lady Tenorio. Are at least what should be true. All too often The Church and The Sword seem to be one entity. The high clergy seem to enjoy turning a blind eye to the actions of that man's Order"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Isabel smirked again.

"You've misunderstood, Eminence. I mean to say that the Church cannot be judged for the actions of the Sword. The Sword should follow the direction of the Church in the pursuit of Justice, not forge its own path. That is the way to heresy and injustice. It is not a blind eye, it is pride and propaganda, Eminence."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Lord Aranor stayed with a blank look on his face.

"It's funny that the Eventide sent the Beast of Walven here to represent them. We of the Dawn remember what you have done Sir Celdiur. Its funny you call me a lapdog, I remember you studying under the church so fervently."

He stood.

"I remember looking upon the wreckage of all the villages you burned. But still, we gave you a second chance, we decided that we wouldn't hunt you down and kill you. We taught you the ways of the church, because we believed you when you asked for redemption, and you turned your back on us. You went off and joined the Eventide, now you just kill people under a different flag."

"You come here to speak ill of his eminence and of me, and insult the church of Astrea, and the meeting hasn't even started yet. You dishonor our hosts and your order."

He cast a gaze towards Isabel.

" 'and not forge their own path', hmm I wonder what that sounds like. Isabel, ask yourself which branch of the Dawn has the support of the church. Then, ask yourself which branch of the order has gone off for themselves."

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:36 pm

Isabel genuinely sighed and looked to Celdiur as she spoke.

"Now you understand why half his order abandoned him."

She took a deep breath and shook her head. She switched back to Barclay with Celdiur.

"Tell me of Singal. I've heard the tales, but never visited it myself."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next