Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Thread: For This Mission

Go down 
+8
Aldric of Marleons
MitchyMatt
Rec0n412
Azlanek
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Curanthir
mp84
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 pm

OOC:
To complement Iskar's report, I think our commanders' most important strategic decisions were these:

1. Fire arrows to the ships.
2. Kill horses and protect Legion's line formation.
3. Three-sided attack, constant harrasment from arrows and javelins from the three sides.

Our problems are:
1. The Veccavi are too many, we are tired. Marcus is wounded in the head and might not survive an eventuall fight with the Veccavi commander.
2. Eventide got overwhelmed at some point. I'm still not sure how that ended.
3. We are too spread out, communication is difficult, limiting flexibility and improvisation.
4. Clarion Call and other orders got lost somewhere in the battlefield.

Their problems are:
1. They are loosing Smile
2. Commander is in doubt whether she should follow the orders of the former or the new queen.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, just a perfect time for Boadice to land now isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:05 pm

I guess we are waiting for the KotD and else to finish their quest in Veccavia
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Well, I thought the events were simultaneous? We started battling the invading forces when they set out for Veccavia, so how could they possibly return while we are still fighting, while the battle hasn't lasted for a whole RP day yet?

Anyway, I hope something will happen soon...
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

OOC:

Well, for us someone just have to RP the Veccavian commander. I don't think Boadice's ships are fast enough to make it in time, as Iskar said. This battle will either be over now, or it will be a bloody mess by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Yeah its too quiet here now
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:11 pm

The legionnaries and knights who were close to the Silvermists could see that many of them were grinning or trying to hide what would be an inconvenient smile.

Being trained in initiative and quick-thinking as they are, they found the Veccavian commander's hesitation amusing.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:56 am

Huzzah, the almighty herald has returned! Very Happy
Welcome back, Mitchell!

And now, listen closely to what Monty Python has to say!
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 am

Love Monty Python,

And thanks Im back Smile, im working on this one as we speak. What Im going to do is a bit wierd, but it will be a bit organized I hope. It will consist of what is going on officially. Everything fixed up. I wont be able to change the previous posts since this is the most developed one and has 6 pages compared to the others. But once I post up the what the hell is going on post, you all can continue from there. So somethings wont make sense in the past, but Ill fix it up in the post im working on. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Good to have you back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:53 am

Yay Very Happy take all the time you need
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:42 am

It seems you shouldn't have said that... I fear this RPG will take the rest of my life. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:30 am

Don't worry about that, i have a feeling that MM is writing at the moment..
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:34 am

I have almost forgotten what's happening Suspect
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 am

Uhm...

MM's last post was kind of confusing, since it crossed with our RP(not to blame mitch, he doesn't have a lot of time) so i guess he has to rewrite it a bit.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am

Oh, well holy hell, this hasn't been active since last August.

I fully plan to remedy this immediately.

Could you all help me get a feel for what everyone was doing before MM's last post? Unless he steps in with a complaint, I plan to disregard it entirely and pick up where things should have left off. Don't worry, this will be back on track ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 am

Well... The RPG itself is a bit messed up with some posts not fitting together, but the general idea should be clear:

They took the bait and started disembarking all of their troops.
Their first wave has been beaten back, several ships are burning.
Their commander has advanced just up to the Legion with her knights and is now occupied in parley with Marcus Caldius Merula of the Legion.

Have a look at the bottom of page 5 and the top of page 6 of this thread. There we summed up what the situation is like now after complaining about Mitchell's last post.

The most imminent issue are the whereabouts of the reinforcements. Mitchell had them join the fight too early by mistake and corrected that later. In the RPG his character and the reinforcements from the other orders (Windriders, Clarion Call, Raven Spear, Immortals) are supposed to arrive soon, coming from the south and they are our main hope to finally make the Veccavi surrender.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:34 am

Alright, Iskar, if you could add a scale to the map that would help me out a lot.

You know, "1 inch=so many meters" type of thing.

Also, could I have a rough estimate of the Veccavian forces that are currently disembarked? The same for the number of Pendor forces gathered.

I'd look myself, but I'm also getting the Liberation event moving, and it'd help me out if you guys would get it for me.

Thanks ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 am

I'll get you the numbers, bear with me.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:50 am

Numbers received, thanks Mordred.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:51 am

Shadow Legion have fielded;
25 Centurians
250 Legionnaires
250 Retainers

Silvermists have fielded;
150 Rangers or so

Eventide have fielded;
150 Knights
50 Squires

500 or so assorted knights from the other Orders, mostly Immortals and Clarion Call, though the others are represented too.

Overall;
825 Knights
550 Retainers (of various levels)

5000 Veccavians managed to land after the ships were hit.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:14 pm

The Eventide does not have that many forces left. We came with just 25 Knights, 25 Squires to begin with, accompanied by 200 auxiliaries.

We have lost probably at least 15 riders when we got hammered between the retreating forces and the reinforcements, so I would say we have only 35 riders left in a condition to fight. 4 of them are leading the infantry.

Our auxiliaries should not have suffered any losses so far.

So we have 200 infantrymen, lead by 2 knights and 2 squires, and 31 riders.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:34 pm

How many archers are there among the Veccavi forces, Mordred? Please keep in mind that many of them have already died when the first wave was beaten back.

I think all numbers are too high.
According to the RPG so far numbers are as follows:

100 Silvermists: 15 on the northern and southern rear cliffs each, 35 on the northern and southern cliffs near the road each.

300 Legionnaires: 200 on foot in the center, 100 mounted with the Eventide.

Eventide: cf. Azlanek's post

That is we have around 130 knights, 200 men infantry on the flanks, 200 legionnaires holding the line, 70 rangers above the lines on the cliffs and 30 rangers on the rear cliffs shooting into the enemy's back.

EDIT: If you wish to change our numbers to make it possible to beat the enemy, I have no objections. We should just make it fit with the rest of the RPG in the end, that is we will have to adjust the starting numbers.

EDIT #2: If I get it right the situation (independent of numbers) is now as follows:
OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 Battlemapsmall5

Last edited by Iskar on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:21 pm

The Legion have 300 men, elite and hand-picked members of the Legion fielded on the battlefield, Silvermists have 150 rangers, Eventide have 231 men, and the reinforcements are 500 knights.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:54 am

it's only 100 Silvermists.

Now let's wait for the others to do something. we shouldn't do anything further until caranthir and the eventide have done something. its only 8am now where caranthir lives, so we should give them some time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Thread: For This Mission
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next