Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assets and Equipment OOC

Go down 
+4
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
Mesor
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:46 am

Firing several hundred arrows is a consecutive effort, holding a shield on your outstretched arm while firing is a cumulative one, that is quite a difference. Most people can carry 10 packages of 10 kg each around one after the other, but only few could carry around 100 kg at a time.
Also historical archers used bucklers, not kite shields. If it was that easy to carry a kite shield while drawing your bow why would they have forsaken the better protection of a kite shield for a puny little buckler?

PS: If you direly crave for protection for your archers, I'd recommend resorting to board shields with the pavise upgrade so you can stick them in the ground in front of you.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:52 am

Doesn't work before all my men wil be mounted, but I have a plan B if I get the men I want Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:00 am

Even though battle still seems a bit away, I would like to know what equipment a Free Knight has access to.

Specifically, I would like Nickolas to wield a Greatsword and have something akin to plate armor (Body, Boots, Gauntlets, and possibly a helmet).

Also, I would to have my squire, Robert, be more of a mounted archer instead of becoming a traditional knight. (Bow, Arrows, and maybe a sword for self-defense. [I would also ask for a heater shield, but that is probably pushing it.])

Is this possible?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:08 am

Knights are generally considered to have plate armour, a warhorse and the weapons of their choice. Squires have heavy chainmail and weapons similar to their master's. So the squire cannot be a horse archer unless the knight is, too. After all he is taught his skills by the knight.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:21 am

Oh that reminds me I need to pick my knights equipment.

Amhain: Plate armor, Kite shield, Lance, Sword, Bow and arrow.

Ceann and Folar: Plate armor, Kite shield, Lance, double bladed battleaxe, Sword.

That should work I think, Amhain is kinda the commander, he can fight either with bow or with sword while his brothers are just straight up tanks smashing through whatever is in the way Smile.

Nickolas invite me to stand damnit Razz I've been kneeling on the floor in plate armor for hours!!!!! My legs hurt.

Razz.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 am

I'd never have been that rude to you I'd have invited you in to talk with you about joining us by now Razz.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 am

But you guy's couldn't afford to place the men I want under my command so you can't afford me.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am

Why would anyone want to give his men to someone else? What's the point of giving away men to get more men?
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:54 am

I'm not actually sure.

But it's more like a temporary loan, I only need them until I can get hold of a few more men of my own to use as shield bearers to screen my archers.
Seems like a pretty good idea to me, money and temporarily loaning a few men to get 10 regulars and 3 knights to join your forces.

Or at least in another game like this I played it worked out well, I gave a guy 10 of my weaker men to join me and in the end his own forces turned out to be invaluable.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 am

Aw, no Robert Garrison, the Horse Archer?

Alrighty, Greatsword it is then!... wearegoingtosuckascavalry

Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 am

Hey what was Yaramars barons bonus?

I think it got cut off and I don't remember what it is.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:23 am

I get a flat discount on gear. 10% I believe.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

Sweet if I do join you I'll have to get you to purchase the gear for my men Smile.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 am

I don't know if it works that way, but you'd have to give him the funds for it.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 am

Well in theory it should work you send some men to buy the equipment and deliver it to me or my men go and get it with a note from you or something like that, giving you the funds for it is fine.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am

Brood I thought regulars wore chainmail, or are those tarvards and stuff for the militia?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

Tabards are worn over the mail, so any type of troop can use them.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 am

Regulars: Chainmail, simple tabards, spears, board/kite shields, short bows, basic arrows, swords

If I'm thinking of it right a normal tabard is just a piece of cloth, a sturdier one would I assume mean making it out of a tougher material such as leather?

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:27 am

No, leather is for armour itself. The sturdy tabards are just what it says: Tabards made of thicker, sturdier cloth to provide better protection.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:29 am

Ahh ok, well same outcome in any case Smile.

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 am

So tabards are like paper armor? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:49 pm

No, thick cloth could be very effective protection. Gambesons could stand up nicely to arrows and sometimes sword cuts, though even the thickened tabards won't be anywhere near that thick or well-constructed.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am

It would be good to have a number of events defined, though not known to us until they occur. That provides new threats and opportunities, shifting the balance of power unexpectedly, which is both realistic and interesting.

Some possible examples:

Rogue knights invade on day (5+1d10) from direction (1-25=North, 26-50=West, 51-75=South, 76-100=East). The party has 2-5 knights, 4-7 squires, and 7-10 infantry of type depending on direction.

The river floods on day (5+1d20) (5% chance of happening at all), which may affect trade and/or destroy crops.

There are a few days of uncommonly hot weather. All the peasants are demoralised, particularly if their crops are sensitive to it.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 am

That is an excellent idea. Feel free to come up with more suggestions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 am

Along the lines of the rogue knights, there could be others such as D
Shar raiders off the steppe, or even a party of heretics if you get an insanely high roll, a few heretic Magni might scare the bejesus out of the baronets.

Also, a festival might be held in Sarleon, an opportunity for the baronets to meet up once again.

Mordred could make a visit, as could some of the other Knights from aftermath in a cameo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Assets and Equipment OOC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next