Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ye' Grand OOC Thread

Go down 
+15
Iskar
MitchyMatt
Daedr0th
Azlanek
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
mp84
Fidelity
Wolfarmin
Sir Henry Weatherford
Mordred
MordKaiser87
SimplePlan96
Sir Aranor
DiabloDude
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:38 am

I have been summoned...two days ago rabbit
Fashionably late; I hope there's a good reason. What's up?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:48 am

We just want you to participate. We can't afford to lose you bro. Just make this and the ic camp thread notifications so you don't disapear.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 pm

And merzinas, gets to chill. WIth the squires !! *wierd dance involving flailing arms*

Btw should my unit of 50 squires take one of the seige ladders to the northern wall, and possibly scale it later in the siege when they choose to divert to other parts of the wall.

It will also mean that they have to
A: keep roughly 40-100 soldiers minimum at the northern wall if they see the ladders so that they dont get flanked.
B: If they actually see ladders there it will make sense for them to take the ruse seriosly
C: if they think the problem north is gone we can sneak in and take the seige equipment from the docks and start firing at koninger keep or supporting the main force.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 pm

also it seems sir henry hasnt been here for at least a month...didnt he say he was moving or something
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Woah woah merzinas, i didnt give permission to scale the walls. U better not use that rope or anything, stick to the plan, its just a ruse.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 pm

not to do,, but as a back up plan. Contingencies dont hurt and if it looks like we can scale the walls, the enemie will treat it more seriosly. Its smething to hold in reserve and can be done instantaneosly. I will stick to the plan if all goes well but if you get bogged down in the streets a small force sneaking around behind the enemie could be devestating.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 pm

sozza that wasnt well explained
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 am

Bah, I really need to get back into a posting groove. I'll try and get to it in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 am

cant wait to finally be done with the red dawn...... so when is the siege
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:44 pm

its the night before we strike.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Should we finish the council in the command tent, so we can get on with the siege? Fitzmerwill just has one last question.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 am

I think everyone's busy playing CKII.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:45 am

By the way the numbers of Dragon's attending are far more than "around 50";

65 Knights, 87 Rangers of Rane, 32 Retainers
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:09 am

DiabloDude wrote:
I think everyone's busy playing CKII.

Sadly.. Yes.

I'll make a post telling Darlion about the thing, then I hope Azlanek can finally tell us what happened to the gauntlets.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:48 am

What difference does it make to you for the time being? They will certainly not be able to take the gates if that is what you are wondering about.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 am

Just for the sake of closure. If you don't want to then fine.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 pm

We are meant to engage with the enemy at the break of dawn, so will have charged to them in the lead up.

1:We cant hold the siege off for one more day, the soldiers we sent inside were ordered to attack and open the gate, if we just randomly changed plans to w8 another day then it would be a death sentance for them.

2: Spending any more time is dangerous, we allready got found out with the infiltration that the Red Dawn have an inkling of what we are doing.

On the changes for entering:

Spoiler:

1: How about we lead the mock ruse whilst the griffons hide in the north, then when the Ruse is discovered and the squires retreat (leaving the ropes there) and the enemy leaves, the griffons rush down.

a) ruse works and gives the Dawn force time
b) Ruse fails and they leave the north wall underdefended
c) Ruse works and they split there forces

2: The silvermisters and rangers of rane could pretty much pick off any sentries on the south wall then scale it and rush inside to the fishing district, (The wall is broken and badly repaired - Azlanek) and enter district 11

Once inside:

The original plan was to force our way up to the river and block it off and secure all the areas behind us. ie we take 1,2,3,5,6,7,9,10,11,15,16

However if we use the two pronged attack then we will want to all converge on district 4 and knock out the red dawn chapter house. We will also need to send a contingent of men to secure the temple district and search for the bishop. ALSO WE WILL NEED TO TAKE OUT THE SIEGE WEAPONS GAURDING THE DOCKYARD FROM NAVAL ATTACK, THEY COULD BE TURNED ON US!!!!!

and pls take notcie of this or merzinas will have to come into the command tent
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:48 pm

In case I'm unable to respond later today:
- If we have sent a time for troops inside to coordinate with, then we must stick to the timeframe allotted before hand. So we must attack today.

- While I would agree, the Griffons are willing to volunteer an for a full attack. A ruse would temporarily keep the enemy occupied until a staged retreat, giving the opposition the choice to either stand in defense of possible second "attack" or move to intercept our main force in the eastern gate, either on the wall itself or in defense points around the city. Either way, a full attack would require them to commit forces to North gate defenses, or along the northern city if we ever break their walls. Regardless, the enemy is forced to divide among two strong breach points, rather than one feint which can be figured out, turning our east attack into a meatgrinder.

- While the Silvermists can make an attempt at the weakest wall section of the city, I would much rather have them in ranged skirmish between the north n' east gates. There is merit however, as it is the weakest section the wall, and if our gate attacks would have enemy eyes glued to the gates, its very possible that they can take the southern sections quite easily and flank opposition for our eastern army. So I leave the decision to the Silvermists and the grandmasters to decide...keep in mind without Silvermist/Rane Ranger cover fire, both gate attacks can be costly.

- Ahh the river...waterways = freeways in human civilization. Making a direct assault from the harbor up is a big iffy, while it can be done, KotD are far from being seafarers. The harbor defenses are like gatehouses, just another required barrier to overcome before a breach by sea is even considered. Also going up the channel would possibly expose our boat-laden solders with attack from both channel banks if each respective side is not held by friendly troops. As my character would say, mount-oriented soldiers fighting in tight streets are bad enough, why the hell would we add water to it (and have you ever seen armored troops swim?) I would say we should have our "fleet" blockade the harbor, far enough out of range of the enemy ocean defenses but within distance to intercept any ship attempting to flee the city. Dont figure our two (three?) enemy leaders to be the running type, but last thing I want is another coordinated flare up of Red Dawn heresy b/c the bastards got away by boat.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:15 am

On the issue whether a bolt could break the gate: I have unfortunately been unable to find a proper account on the firepower of ballistae, but considering the whole momentum of the bolt is concentrated in the tip upon impact I'd expect an iron tipped bolt to crush through a not too thick wooden gate.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:34 am

i dont have any actual experiance on that, but my gut feeling would say that i dont think it would work.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 am

It wouldn't have any trouble if the gate was thin, and the ballista fired close up.

However, I'd say if the gate was build with the prospect of a siege in mind (Such as a walled city/town) it would in no way be thin enough for bolts to be able to break it down. Unless of course it was an extremely ridiculously sized ballista (Or similar siege engine) firing at it, but that would cause enough problems of its own.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 am

The ballista is not supposed to break it down. The bolt should just punctually crush through, so the barbed tip holds it when pulled in the other direction, but anyway, was just a thought. Do we have battering rams?
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:47 am

Hmm.. I doubt even that would happen, honestly.

As for the other question, I'm not sure if the Dawn had any pre-made, but Griffon Knights could assemble a couple in between now (RP time) and when the siege begins.

Not with all the bells and whistles mind you, but functional ones.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:23 pm

bells and whistles? u sure ur siege experts? Razz
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 pm

does the ballista need special people to man it. Either way i'd say use them at the northern and eastern walls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ye' Grand OOC Thread   Ye' Grand OOC Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ye' Grand OOC Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next