Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts

Go down 
+18
Azlanek
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Slopsen
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Kamos
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Iskar
Saeros
Datedsandwich
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Mordred
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:15 am

We're only preparing our moves and thoughts in the throne room, Aelos Wink

One problem that always arises with increasing education and intellectualism is that one starts to spend way more time thinking about actions than on actually doing what you thought about. However, I deem this the lesser sin when compared to thoughtless acting.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 am

Personally, I think you guys lost the original idea.

Unfortunately, I know more about PTSD and criminals than English skills to back that up.

But honestly, as single argument, I don't think this event should be that advanced in sociology.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:19 am

Interestingly, Sunzi says exactly the opposite. The higher general should have total control over all military matters, because, for him, emperors were just not competent enough for that and would mess things up.

Clausewitz and Sunzi's are important for different reasons. Clausewitz already followed a military tradition (of his nation and his continent!). But Sunzi basically created it from nothing. Imagine a place (Warring States China) without that tradition (a band of semi-civilized tribes endlessly fighting each other). Sunzi taught the wannabe conquerors how war should be waged - its importance for the state, its risks, its variables, and its political aspects.

Sunzi's art of war will be the best book for post-apocalyptic Earth.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 am

Clausewitz considered war to be political as opposed to strictly military. Only in science fiction are wars of absolute extermination without political consideration fought.

Sun Tzu was likely writing down his family thoughts and maxims as opposed to creating a book from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 am

But like was called upon earlier, enough theory! Get going on some political machinations that actually have a result... in the event! I would suggest each Order start a thread in their chapterhouses to begin working out some goals that you want to try to achieve in the discussions, and begin debating in the main thread and start reaching those goals!

Last edited by Mordred on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 am

Alright, let's take a lesson from Metternich then...

Bring out the jousters! The Silvermist are kind enough to play the role of the Habsburg Emperor, I just hope they're rich enough for all the distracting festivities! Not to mention all the silverware we're going to steal...
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:41 am

Ignoring Aelos much? Sad anyway.. I have class now, be back later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:25 am

Hey, just learned that some of Alexander's (the Great) friends and generals were called "The companions". I’m sure someone at Bethesda must have heard that.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 am

Companion Cavalry?

I think they were called Successors, though.

But yeah, they were the Successors I believe, and formed the Successor Kingdoms (Seleucids, the greek-influenced Egypt, Pontus, Macedon).

Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 am

The Companions were the ones who rode with him in battle as a personal (elite) guard, the Successors were the generals who divided up his empire after he died.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:41 am

Seleucus was the man! IIRC, he was one of those that was both a Companion and Successor.

The Bethesda probably did use them as an influence, though I don't think Alexander's Companions commited Elven Genocide. tongue
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 am

Did I mention I hate Saint Alessia Wink

Errm, now carry on with your diadochic discussion.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 am

Quote :
Seleucus was the man

I'm more a Gaius Marius kind of guy.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:57 am

Iskar wrote:
Did I mention I hate Saint Alessia Wink

Errm, now carry on with your diadochic discussion.

How can you hate the Defender of Man? Sure she got busy with the Winged Bull and gave birth to the Minotaur (ouch) but she was awesome!

I'll let you survive if you give a confession of faith. Just confirm that Vivec is the greatest character.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 am

That I can agree on and I would like to remind you that he was born a Dunmer, not a puny human such as Alessia.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 am

Even though we have three weeks to settle this, I should remind you that there are 64 hexes, 17 lords and 5 provinces to be reassigned, meaning we will need to come up with an average of 1.04 decisions per day (my math's bad, calcutate yourselves).

Anything not decided by you will have to be decided unilaterally by the Silvermists (something which I'm obviously cool with).
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am

We'll get there. We've only been at this for a day.

It will go much faster once we have a few full proposals to consider... then we'll hit the deadlock over which one we like the most. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 am

Still, I am upset. Aelos suggested starting with the duchy of Marleons, and he's completely ignored.

I'm striking tomorrow. Or whatever that is called in english.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 am

He has been ignored because we should do it in a structured way, working our way through from the coarsest partition (provinces) via duchies to the finest (counties and their lords) and to the very end, which county comes with which title (Baron, Count, Margrave for the time being).
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am

Aelos was ignored because he ignored the suggestion of starting with the overthrow of the Duke of Avendor.

Which itself was only lightly discussed because Iskar proposed fixing the borders of the provinces before those of the Duchies.

For OOC clarity, I suggest we all post in spoilers at the end of our post the hex numbers we're referring to when we assign a territory to a certain duchy or province. That way there will be no unnecessary confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 am

obviously I suggested the Sarleon province, pointing at both Avendor and Marleons. So not really ignoring hm?

but whatever,
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 am

No, no, you're already one level too fine. First we have to determine which city (i.e. duchy) belongs to which province. Until now the provinces are the old kingdoms, but maybe we want to restructure that? E.g. take Windholm, Ravenstern and Javiksholm and make them a new northwestern province, then proceeding the same way with the other cities.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am

I think you can suggest it right now. I’ve suggested that with the Empire, and you could bring up the issue with Sarleon province.

I was ignored many times too, it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 am

I'm not seeing it, was the proposal of 'unity in these lands' referring to keeping the Empire province as is?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am

Let's clear that up IC.

EDIT: I've just seen it is getting late in good old Europe, so we should not strike any decisions on this subject now, but wait for (Europe-)tomorrow at least so all (including our colonial upstart friends Wink) can have a say in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next