Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts

Go down 
+18
Azlanek
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Slopsen
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Kamos
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Iskar
Saeros
Datedsandwich
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Mordred
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 am

Kamos only has one goal. Depends on whether or not the other care to agree.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 am

I think that this discussion will become quite interesting!
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 am

Maybe there is a misconception about the office of provincial governor. While the council actually has the power to change the traits of that office the general layout is more like a submarshall that organises levies in case the king calls the banners and acts as a moderator or judge in law suits between nobles of different duchies. The executive power remains fully with the dukes of the duchies.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:19 am

I'm going to step away for the US night from posting. So for those Isabel-flames that are brewing, there's no need to direct questions at her unless you don't want them answered until tomorrow. tongue
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 am

I'll ask. I don't know if I'll be around tomorrow. I wish I had a neural implant to finish my work faster.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Okay before you read my post, remember i take the Jatu plains to be a steppe, considering the Jatu are mongels, act like mongels dress like mongels and are as feared as mongels, i take it that they live in a steppe to, otherwise it would plainly not make any bloody sense.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:22 pm

I go to London for the night and three pages get added to the thread while I am away!
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 pm

I actually had to edit my post three times due to all the posts, so it became really really big Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Quote :
I go to London for the night and three pages get added to the thread while I am away!

And I just slept!

If the wind comes from the west, we could infer that the coastal part of the Jatu plains are quite fertile. There are also forests in its southern border, then at least a bit of it would be fertile as well. The north should be pretty inhospitable, though. Not so much near the river, but, well, it's a tundra.

I assume Iskar will comment on this (I still haven't read any other posts aside from Aranor's and Merzina's). Work, work.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Well, im frankly fuckin confused. What the hell is the jatu steppes. A real steppe has piss poor soil quality, a constant wind that forces all vegetation to a bent state, very little rainfall and grassfires in the summer and freezing to death in the winter. Nighttime all year round is also close to freezing point.

Also the land has never been farmed before, so no one would know what would grow, only certain crops will grow in certain soil types, its not just a matter of throwing seeds in the ground and waiting for them to grow. Time and time again in history there example where rulers think they know how to farm and they send thousands to there deaths or failure because they think "theres nothing there, just plant some potatoes and everything will be peaches."

Only livestock could be sustained in that sort of landscape, and not in large enough supplies for much of a population, one missed rainfull, one sudden frost, even just overgrazing, will kill the grass, and thousands of animals, then the people living there.

And yes, the vast majority of a steppe is inhospitable, only 2.7 million people live in mongolia, even with all the vast technological advancements in agriculture, it is still a really harsh land. Overgrazing the plains can easily turn them into a desert, the point im trying to make is this is not hospitable part of the planet and could not be settled by people with no idea how to farm in the first place, and certainly not in an area were no one knows how to farm it.

Also, its been two years, really?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 pm

See? That's one reason I keep asking for details of the world, including vegetation, geography and culture.

I though they were more like plains. Is it like: Mongolia? A savannah? THe Great Hungarian Plains? Israel?

At any rate, it can't be worse than the D'Shar.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:01 am

I thought of D'shar territories akin to Turkey, drie by european standards but enough rainfall to support larger grazing herds and smaller crops. The lore sais the D'shar started settling down with the first line of Pendorian kings, so i assume the land was fertile and they simply joined civilisation later than the rest of pendor.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:03 am

Christ this forum actually feels like the dark ages, everyone has a different idea of everything, however no matter what the will of the church (GM's) is the final say, dictated by Mordred (the pope)
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:06 am

It has always been like that, just replace the church with the local authorities...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 am

@Merzinas: The steppes you are talking about can only develop in the middle of large land masses such as central asia and for that case you are completely right - remember only the attempts of the soviets to build up huge wheat farms in the russian steppes that failed horribly. However, Pendor is rather the size of Britain, enclosed by water on all sides and with a large inland sea, so the climate will be rather humid. Therefore the Pendorian notion of steppe will apply to a more moderate environment than you imagine.

And yes, we played eight seasons in the metagame, which means two years since the first events.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:14 am

But were talking about this event as if it is happening concurrently with the mini events, and they have not taken 2 years.

It cant be as small as britian with the variation in climate that it has. Not with snow in the north and desert in the south.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:16 am

Northern snows might also be because they're higher than rest of pendor too Wink

Also, Pendor could simply be located at a spot where it would have all of these climates, or just be angled in a manner that allows this to happen. Or then it's just fantasy weather, who knows xP
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 am

Well if we use real world rules then there cannot be those variations. Razz

If however we treat the Jatu steppes as a steppe only in name, can I remove Merzinas talking about it as if it were one. If nothing he sais will logically be true he just sounds like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:21 am

That problem is due to the slow progress of the mini events, but here we are discussing stuff that is mostly based on what has happened to the provinces in the metagame regard and therefore we apply this timescale.

As for Pendor's size, it is not necessary that a country is extremely large to house different climates. The desert in the south is surrounded by sea, but has no mountains whatsoever to hold the clouds that form over the coast, so they just drift across unhindered and the desert peninsula remains mainly dry. And a constant influx of cold air from the northwest together with greater height above sea level should be sufficient to make Ravenstern a snowy province.

EDIT: Yeah, if you want, remove that statement. I'll remove the references to it.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 am

Perhaps we should make a thread and work all this out, also thx Iskar
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 am

It makes more sense if you think in terms of Italy. It has mountains and snow in the north, and hot regions in the south. Strech it a bit and you reach Egypt (deserts!)
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 am

I dont think the desert and snow could exist that close though, the easernly blowing winds (the ones the vankserry use) would blow the rain clouds over, and while there wouldnt be as much rain as inner sarleon, there would be enough to stop it from bieng a desert. If rain clouds form in big enough sizes to supply the rest of the continent then enough would form that they would still give rain.

I always imagined it the size of france with the singalan desert being spain. Has it been firmly stated that there is no other landmass connected to the south north or east of pendor?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:58 am

No, there are no land masses connecting to Pendor anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:22 am

I feel we should have issued some kind of encyclopedia pendoriana before the meeting so everyone works under the same premises... Well, this RP is a process of constant learning for all of us as it seems. Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 am

Iskar, would you please either re-open the IC materials thread or just post the two proposals we have so far? It's a pain to keep hunting back through to find them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next