Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls Thread

Go down 
+9
Slopsen
Sir Aranor
Sir Arceon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
dowpride
Iskar
Saeros
Mordred
Isabel Tenorio
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

Elder Scrolls Thread Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:29 am

I probably should have made this thread before linking to that treasure chest of MK's posts, but at least we have it now.

My personal favorites:

On Vivec and Morrowind:

Spoiler:
and

On the "most powerful" being:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:05 am

Since we already have a thread for this, we should probably move that side of the conversation here.

Iskar, I demand your admission that Vivec is great!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 am

Vivec wasn't born a Dunmer. >.>

In fact...
Spoiler:

The Chimer weren't particularly fond of the other elves, that's why they wandered far away. They were the most man-like in their world view.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Was anyone else disappointed with the Volikhar vampires not matching up with their description in Immortal Blood?

They were the one thing that excited me about Bethesda's choice of Skyrim over Sumerset. Then they weren't in vanilla, and when they finally did go in, they're not at all like they were described! I had to make due with the Ice shout.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Yeah they pretty much ignored Immortal Blood when making the vampires. Can't go into much detail on the lore though, I use a vampire mod and do not have Dawnguard.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:41 pm

They tend to just ignore lore now. I'm in the process of forgiving them and letting go of it... but MK wrote such a wonderful world for them!

I understand now how cults are formed. MK is a genius.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:25 pm

Do you have an opinion on Skywind?

Big pic follows:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:53 pm

It's a biiiig task! I'll probably try it if it gets to at least 1.0. I never ended up playing the Oblivion verion(s), I just reinstalled Morrowind. tongue
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 am

Oh, sweet memories of Balmora Smile

Fascinating how a virtual town can make you dwell in comforting memories just as a real one...
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 am

It's the power of a truly immersive game, for sure! That's what I loved most (okay, maybe second) about Morrowind. Even though it was alien, it was believable. They combined elements from so many different RL cultures, and then added as much creative flavor as they could, and it all blended perfectly. Not to mention being able to kill some rich noble and steal their house. >.>

I spent weeks of RL time as a beggar/thief in Balmora when I first started playing, I think I'll have to load it up again this weekend.

I blame you for my lost productivity, Saeros.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:52 am

So I always thought that all main characters of the Elder Scrolls series had to be "born on a certain date from uncertain parents".

But then, in Dawnguard, the hero has the dialogue option of saying that his parents are alive and/or that he knew them.

That seems so an important aspect of the fate-thing and the prophecy mystic that ruining it was sad.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:27 pm

New DLC was released today; http://store.steampowered.com/app/220760/

Also for those of you who like mods, this is one i've been using lately; http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22330
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Hearthfire?

I like Midas' spells, Tytanis, and the camping mods. Mostly because my computer can't take the heavy stuff.

There was an apparently well done Elsweyr mod, but my laptop told me: "please, don't do this to me".
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:47 pm

by far, the best character ever is sheogorath. no matter what your mood, he always brings a smile. and cheese.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:04 am

Pffff. Sheogorath was great and amusing... but Vivec still beats him. Wink

As to the Uncertain Parents. That is an aspect of the Nerevarine Prophecy specifically. The prophecy is vague of course, and part of the storyline is giving you, the player, the opportunity to conclude that you aren't the Nerevarine.

In Daggerfall, you don't actually start in prison, and you answer a series of random questions about your background which determines some starting bonuses and equipment depending on which ones you get. It's the odd opener that doesn't fit with the rest of the series as being a prisoner.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:27 am

Heres an epic fan fiction based on events after Morrowind. Epic is the only word I can use to describe it. Been following it since it began 5(6?) years ago and had me gripped from start to finish. Enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2426308/1/

Also heres a link to the author's art folio as well. Many quality pieces based around TES found within.

http://www.elfwood.com/~teasza
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 am

Oooooh! I'm definitely going to have to read that.

I don't care what they did to him in Oblivion, the King of Worms is a secretive BAMF who wears red robes and makes intriguing deals that are certainly terrible for the other party.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah I wasnt too keen on that either. He never struck me as the kind of being that wanted to be brought back to life in the first place. The story makes a much more interesting and (in my eyes) realistic character.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 am

Brought back to life, you say? Suspect

I definitely have to read this soon.

I hadn't heard anything of him being less than he was, and usually being more than he was. At the end of Daggerfall, with the Dragonbreak and such, time diverged in 8 separate lines from the beginning of the game. By the end, they all get smashed together during the Warp in the West. One of those timelines involved Mannimarco assuming godhood. When asked about it, one important character said: "Mannimarco remains as he was, High Priest of Maggots." However in Oblivion, the Necromancer's Moon is very strongly implied to be Mannimarco orbiting Arkay. He always wanted to destroy Arkay's laws, and when he (the moon) blocks out Arkay, that happens. The whole High Elf that acts openly was what through most lore-lovers off of that side of Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 am

I dont think that the High Elf with the generic voice really was Mannimarco.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 am

Oh, I refuse to believe that what was seen in Oblivion in the Mage's Guild questline was Mannimarco. Evil or Very Mad

The real Mannimarco: (NSFW?)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:28 am

He failed to live up to him in every way Very Happy

To bad its considered canon Sad

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mannimarco_(Oblivion)

Whats with the woman?

Last edited by Sir Celdiur Moriendor on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 am

The real Mannimarco liked a few things: 1) Making deals for womens' 'first' 2)Pinning notes on zombies and sending them to kill the recipient 3)Letting people kill his servants for fun 4)Having naked women around him, because that's what all TES gods do, and he views himself as a god.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:32 am

He certainly likes children doesnt he? If he wasnt claiming their souls I would think he was Tamriel's Gary Glitter.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:25 pm

I don't normally like the 'who would win in a fight' debates, but I do find myself wondering who was the more powerful Necromancer:

Mannimarco, as the King of Worms (pre-Dragon Break) or N'gasta... before Cyrus keeeeled him/her/it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next