Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls Thread

Go down 
+9
Slopsen
Sir Aranor
Sir Arceon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
dowpride
Iskar
Saeros
Mordred
Isabel Tenorio
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 pm

-"Levitation is forbidden!", said an aprehensive sorcerer.
-"The Telvanni do not abide to the law of lesser breeds", answered the mage.

I'm a Dwemer at heart.
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:23 am

I'm just a High Elf, I guess. Other races are inferior and such.

Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 am

Bretons for life.

Oh, i would love an rp set in high rock Very Happy

Especially if you apply our version of metagame.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 am

Breton's all the way, I completely agree. I would love a game set in High Rock, I know virtually nothing about it (and I don't particularly want to trawl through a million pages of forums, i'd rather experience it in game)
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:37 am

So what's great about bretons?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 am

They are the only sensible humans, since they are genetically part-elves.

Telvanni are still better.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:56 am

That they are Manmeri. Wink

Daggerfall is set in High Rock, along with Hammerfel as it is a bay region rather than a province. A large part of the map is randomly generated though, so land features aren't quite like Morrowind-Skyrim.

I can't stand the way they did TESO. One of the great things about the series is that they never really split along racial lines in such a way. The idea of anyone allying with the Orcs in the second era is just plain crazy anyway, as there were a few attempts at genocide. At least the real Tsaesci could be present!
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 am

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
That they are Manmeri. Wink

Daggerfall is set in High Rock, along with Hammerfel as it is a bay region rather than a province. A large part of the map is randomly generated though, so land features aren't quite like Morrowind-Skyrim.

I can't stand the way they did TESO. One of the great things about the series is that they never really split along racial lines in such a way. The idea of anyone allying with the Orcs in the second era is just plain crazy anyway, as there were a few attempts at genocide. At least the real Tsaesci could be present!

+1

TES Has always been about choice. They are restricting our choices here.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:17 am

Yeah some of the alliances are just put there because you cant have 20 factions like in an rpg. What would be cool is if Bestheda made a game that was like mount and blade warband, really good singleplayer and really good multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 am

Mordred wrote:
Breton's all the way, I completely agree. I would love a game set in High Rock, I know virtually nothing about it (and I don't particularly want to trawl through a million pages of forums, i'd rather experience it in game)

It would be an interesting place. They have quite the noble family thing going and most the major cities are former kingdoms giving a bit more of a cultural identity per city.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 am

I would love to see an Elsweyr game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 am

I'm torn on Elsweyr as a game setting. I would loooove to see it based on the lore descriptions, but given the Khajiit focus I'm not sure they would try to do it justice. The Khajiit that we see IG are just one type, and tend to be the only type that leaves Elsweyr do to this problem. The form a khajiit has depends on the cycle of the moons at their birth. Some of them are the humanoids we see IG, but they also very from small housecats to giant tigers that can be ridden. They're all intelligent, they just have different bodies. They're also a nomadic people, though of course they have those cities that have been described.

One book detailing a war between the Bosmer and the Khajiit has an account of Bosmer troops being ambushed by 'housecats' throwing fireballs.

If they were going to take that route and try to depict the province as it has been described, I would absolutely love to see Elsewyr equally with Black Marsh and Sumerset Isle. If they're going to do to the Khajiit what they did to the Tsaesci, I would rather they chose a different one.

To just bet at this stage, I would put my money on Sumerset Isle.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:15 am

I want a game to rebuilt poor Morrowind. Why did they have to have it destroyed and invaded?

However, Sumerset Isle would we nice, too.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:17 am

MK was actually upset that so much of Morrowind survived. He's apparently a fan of no survivors.

Of course, Vivec is entirely capable of restoring Morrowind, if only the people were to Love him again. Wink
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 am

Quote :
Vivec is entirely capable of restoring Morrowind

Wasn't Vvardenfell destroyed because he lost power in the first place?

Quote :
Why did they have to have it destroyed and invaded?
Karma. The Argonians were enslaved for too long.

There is a Skyrim mod called something like Moonpaths of Elsweyr. It seems good. I played it a few minutes, but it's too much for my laptop.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 am

Not really.
Spoiler:
Vivec -could- restore Morrowind, but with the Love-Letter from the 5th Era he sent back, he won't.

Edit: The general meaning of enlightenment in TES is selfish love, but not exactly self-love. Solve that paradox and you'll have moved up another rung on the crazy ladder to CHIM. tongue
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

Well, their decision must have been based on some reason whatsoever, especially related to sales numbers, and although my european mind cannot fully grasp how one can seriously dislike dunmer or aldmer, I assume that a transatlantic audience has a different perspective on these. I always found the elves to display european clichés like strong traditionalism, dominant churches/temples, constantly thinking about past glories, combined with corrupt and devious schemings. Maybe the elves are just too european to appeal to a broad american audience?

In Skyrim the anti-elfism goes as far as that they never even give you the opportunity to cooperate with the Aldmeri Dominion, assuming that you would work for the ever so valiant humans and giving you only the choice between Cyrodiilic imperialists and Nord racists... Levitates off, grumbling.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 am

Interesting thought. I don't like them because they have long faces and a two-inch chin. But the traits you listed are also not appealing to me.

You don't have a choice at all in Skyrim. At some point I wanted to let Alduin eat the world and end that kalpa. It was the wisest thing to do at the time.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 am

I first got that thought about the coincidence of elven and european clichés when I noticed that in the english version of Oblivion all elves spoke british english, while Nords, Imperials and Redguards spoke the most irritating american english, with Bretons being somewhat bearable.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I just finished reading the second of the novels. Anyone else read them? If so, opinions?

I believe it could have been good if they hadnt done one small thing. Destroyed. F******. Morrowind.

Bronthion Rethan Helseth, Nerevarine, Prince of Morrowind, Knight of the Imperial Dragon, Primate of the Imperial Cult, does not approve of this event. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Nor does the Telvanni Archmagister. I think it is time for an unlikely alliance...
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 pm

People have debated that event with much heat. The best argument I've read is that it doesn't make sense: why would the Nerevarine prophecy be important, if the island would be destroyed anyway? The result -, succeeding or failing to fulfill that prophecy and save Vvardenfell, - was ultimately pointless. A glitch in the Elder Scroll? Something lost in its translation?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Maybe we just took the wrong turn on the great highway of time and are now in the wrong (fictional) parallel reality... Best ask the Dwemer about that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Arceon kicking the Elder Scrolls

Why won't you WORK!!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 pm

The Dwemer saw this at its very beginning. That's why they have relocated themselves to the correct reality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next