Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts

Go down 
+18
Azlanek
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Slopsen
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Kamos
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Iskar
Saeros
Datedsandwich
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Mordred
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:20 am

I'm honestly confused:

Does the council has advisory power, or legislative power?

a) advisory: the king will take the council report into consideration and approve whatever he wants.

b) legislative: this was implied in OOC-Mordred's assignment to the Silvermist. I interpreted it as: "whatever you Silvermists write in the council report will become fact. You will deal with the consequences."

Aranor stated that (b) was true, but Darlion stated that it was treason to say that, even though OOC-Mordred said so (in my interpretation). But, if I remember correctly, Iskar (probably to calm Darlion), said that (a) was true.

I hope this is solved in the trial.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:22 am

OOCly, Mordred definitely wanted it to be fact to give us a say. I don't think he anticipated the creation of a parliament, just the assignment of borders.

ICly, The King wouldn't have requested that the military Orders form an assembly which would release a binding decision. That's just plain crazy.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:23 am

Don't confuse the councils. The council Aranor and Darlion argued about was the royal council suggested as part of the system to replace the provinces.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:24 am

Most of the Legion troops would be turned away. Half a dozen would be permitted as guards for the Grandmaster. The rest would either be turned away, or disarmed (with their weapons to be returned later) and allowed to stay in the city in a purely nonmilitary fashion.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 am

@Iskar: Oh, ok. Not confused anymore.

@Isabel: As I told you before, the fact that the king allows so many powerful grandmasters to roam freely in the kingdom is evidence enough that he's crazy.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 am

Something I've always wondered, what do all the GM's do with the qualis gems?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:28 am

I doubt you can refuse lords or grandmasters to bring a retinue in a feudal system, especially not when they meet at the capital at the king's command. They would have to keep their weapons sheated in the city, however, and the castle is another issue.

EDIT: @DrSane: What other qualis gems? After one was given out for building a mantlet they pretty much vanished from the discussions.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 am

They didn't arrive with their Grandmaster. It's a rather large armed force arriving later on, Darlion can close the gates to such 'ruffians.' Especially after the accusations which have been levelled.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 am

Pravenstern wrote:
"The Dawn will not stand behind a monarch that is unchecked, the royal council needs power, if we grant the king absolute power over law-making it will bite us later on."

This(?), in cass you are wondering

I didn't mean rebellion. I just meant that I wasnt going to stand behind it.

And Azlanek and I have a purely professional relationship, I chase him with torches, he broods in singal.

And saeros. Yes. There is no sane king who would allow all these military orders running rampant Very Happy

(no griffons, this is not an excuse to come chain me up again) Wink

And DrSane, What would gollum Do with the one ring? That's what we do with them.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 am

As we have experienced many times today, Darlion can do as he pleases. Benefits of being a a) duke, b) marshal, c) local grandmaster and d) a friend of the king.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 am

Don't forget the King's High Chancellor!

He's rather fond of that title, I hear.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
And Azlanek and I have a purely professional relationship, I chase him with torches, he broods in singal.

I'm imagining Astraean groupies now, writing "fifty shades of purifying flame"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 am

Stonehand is Lord Marshal if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

Iskar wrote:
Stonehand is Lord Marshal if I recall correctly.
Your memory serves you correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:33 am

Let me shine some light on all this. The Silvermists would give Mordred the conclusion of what was decided. (they can cheat here and just award everything to the silvermists)

But the King will decide what he accepts and what he rather sees different. (ie ignore everything decided and go is own way)

Very Happy Long Live the King! And the Crown Prince! And the Queen!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 am

I would like to point out that I have just recently won this forum.

I have quotes from two characters in Pravenstern's sig. That means I win, right?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 am

Isabel Tenorio wrote:

I have quotes from two characters in Pravenstern's sig. That means I win, right?

No.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 am

Only if your objective card says so.

Mine says: "conquer 24 territories or the Eastern province".
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 am

....so many people online. Shall be begin with the trial? Where's his majesty the king?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:38 am

Drinking heavily and wondering why he thought the military orders would be a better choice than the nobility.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:39 am

Saeros wrote:
....so many people online. Shall be begin with the trial? Where's his majesty the king?

I miss Mordred and Sir Aranor.. and honestly think we need those two.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 am

Crying by himself that none of the grandmasters ever asked him out to the bent oak
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 am

Uhm, I don't know, really.

He tries to position himself so people do not see the halberdiers carrying off a gagged and fettered monarch as Caranthir leads the armies of the east, of the Dawn and a supportive Barclay Invasion Force against Sarleon to finally depose the upstart mercenary turned king.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 am

At least I feel more love than DrSane tongue
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 am

Aelos wrote:
Isabel Tenorio wrote:

No.
He's right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next