Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)

Go down 
+5
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Pravenstern
Mesor
Sir Arceon
Iskar
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mesor
Knight

IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm

"No children then, nobody who is dependant on you for food and safety besides the other bandits.
You do not have any non combatants?
"
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:00 pm

"Except that those "bandits" are my children, they earn they safety and food making sure that we take less from peasants then others would, and we make sure the are no others.A better way to live then earning your fortune by torturing young people."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 pm

"So be it, if you had children or a wife I could of seen them protected from this.

But since they are all men like you then I shall have no problems seeing each and every one of them killed in turn.

I do not enjoy this work but you had information I needed and you would not have simply told me so I was left with no alternative.
"

Seph then put out all light in the room and left the 2 bandits hanging from the walls after waiting to see if they had any final words.

A short time later he entered the room the Baronet was in and waited for permission to speak.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 am

"Ah your back, what information have you extracted from our prisoners?" William said to Seph as he entered the room where Olaf was being kept.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:57 am

"A possible location and the general number of the bandits, I doubt the information is entirely accurate but I think it's close enough to use.

With your permission I'd like to borrow some men and then hunt down that Sir Amhain and get his help, with permission I'd like to take the knights with me as a bodyguard of sorts, no sense in wasting our weaker soldiers in a fight when we can use his but the knights are master warriors and with them i can ensure that we get our fair share of the loot.
"
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 am

"Granted, I want no deaths though. Every one of those knights should be returned safely."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 am

"I can not guarantee that my lord, they may be only bandits but at least some of them will be skilled in a fight.
But I will do my best to see them retured, perhaps you should send another of our knights along to ensure things go to plan if I am to busy in the fighting to keep track of everything?

Perhaps Sir Moorsburgh for instance? He has spent a great deal of time making his contempt for those of us who were not born nobles.
It would be fitting for him to demonstrate why being a born noble makes him better.
"

Last edited by Mesor on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 am

"If Sir Blackwood wishes to go, then so be it. I will not force him into anything."
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

"I shall set out now, if he wishes to follow then he can catch me at the Iobairt estate."

Bowing before leaving the room Seph sends a guard to gather the knights at the stables and sends a messenger to Sir Moorsburgh
to inform him of the offer.

Arriving at the stables a short time later Seph mounts up and sets out for the Iobairt estate the Knights falling in behind him without a word.

(( For clarity, my knights is carrying his bow, the throwing axes, his shield and sword. ))
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:39 am

Ealdred received the message as he was training the men again in the courtyard. He quickly called an end to the session and headed back to the keep to exchange a quick word with the baronet.

Meanwhile Jacob had the stableboys prepare their horses and soon after the knight and his squire gallopped out of the gate to catch up with Sir Hounds and the other knights.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 am

Chonrad stays with the baronet waiting for further orders for him and his troops. He didn't see any reason to join the other knights, especially if the baronet's household knights would join the search for bandits. The center of Rebache couldn't be left completey devoid of knights after all.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:44 am

William watched the Seph and Ealdred leave Rebache and then turned back to the surgeon. "Is the sheriff safe to wake yet?"
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 am

"No sir, not yet, you will have to wait till noon of next day"
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:32 am

"Of course, inform me when you think it is safe." William then leaves and heads back into his study in order to keep up with the daily tasks of his kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 am

After the several hours that William was checking up on the daily affairs of Rebache he realized there was still one more matter to attend to, so he set off towards the local blacksmith. On arrival William found the blacksmith, Robert, shaping metal for a horseshoe.
"Greetings Robert, there is a certain matter I would like to discuss. From a recent bandit raid I have acquired some armor and weapons that are relatively damaged. You can find them in the armory and you will be compensated of course, do you think your up to the job?
"Aye lord, I'm always ready to deal with something other than bloody horseshoes and nails. I'll begin immediately." Robert set down his tools and William said his goodbyes after which Robert began to make his way to the armory. William on the other hand went back to his study.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 am

Day 3: Evening

An armored longbowman and a halberdless halbedier walked into the village until they reached something that resembled a meeting place or market grounds. The halbedier, Robert, unrolled parchment and held it in front of him. The words that followed were loud and most of Rebache's villagers would undoubtly hear it.. be it directly or from others.

"The devout and honorable Archdeacon of Eunomia Stabillitis, the protecter of these lands and true Pendorian goddess of Justice in this realm, demands that the steward to the Greenfields of Rebache, a certain William Grey, pays his dues to the owl and therefore avoid a negative judgment of his villagers."

the longbowman drew a sharpened dagger and took the parchment from the Halbedier. Both men took very ceremonial steps that ended up in the parchment being daggered into a nearby pole for all to see, not that the villagers could read.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 am

William heard the commotion from inside his study and went to investigate. Outside he found the two representatives of the Archdeacon pinning a note onto the noticeboard of Rebache.
"Tell the Archdeacon that I will pay, but only to avoid conflict. I do not follow your religion, I follow the Great Astrea as does most of the rest of Rebache, so I will only ask those who want to pay to do so."
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:56 pm

"The Archdeacon also wanted us to ask you where the shrine to Eunomia is? It seems it was the only thing that hasn't been rebuild...wich is an insult to our Goddess."

the halbedier spoke without looking at the Baronet, finding him unworthy to. The Archdeacon had told them about a mere knight in the true baronet's service, one that was sworn to a knighthood Order, but was 'voted' in as the new ruler. A blatant insult to the nobles of Pendor and to the Goddess of Judgment.

Without another word both men turned around and headed back to Mobray, probably.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:47 pm

"If there is no one to worship your god then why would we build a shrine? The very few that do in Rebache I have never done anything to stop their worship and they all have shrines in their homes."
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 am

the halberdier stopped and turned to face William, his eyes were sharp with irritation.

"Aren't you a deserted knight of the Lion? I hear there's still a bounty out for those pretenders..." Robert the halbedier smiled. He had no intention of letting the man with a false god presume his villagers are blindly following him.

"At least Sir Greenfield was a true Baronet. hmpf the fact that the lords of this land accept your rule is a fluke. Just wait until peace has returned and you're cast from this village to favor someone with a real claim."

Those truly were the last words William Grey would hear from them as the walked out of the village and out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Day 3, 11:00 pm

The militiamen on patrol had already walked their beat several times, and were slowing down to an amble. The full moon shines down on the town, and the crowning manor with it's sentry fires. Sigurd leans forward on his spear, eyes blearily looking out into the plain. A light winks into existence out in the darkness, and it grows in strength and raises higher, Sigurd can almost make out a figure next to it when suddenly it launches into the air and starts flying in an arc towards the manor. Sigurd stands struck dumb as it sails through the air and approaches the manor. In the background another sentry is shouting, and further off Sigurd can make out another fainter light similar to this one. The thud as the flaming arrow ricochets off of the wooden wall above snaps him back to reality. Sigurd runs around to the gate, meeting up with another sentry, Halga. "Were under attack!" Bellows Sigurd as they sprint into the house. "I saw two fire arrows!"

"Me and Will saw three! One hit the ground, the other the stone base and the third went into the gamekeepers roof, Wills putting out the fire with him now!" Halga shouted back as they sprinted up the steps to Greys room. Sigurd see's the burnt patch of carpet where the last arrow landed and the startled servant who poured water over the blaze. They stop outside lord Greys bedroom when they see his bodyguard waking him from his sleep. The two militia stand waiting for his orders. The glow from the gamekeepers roof illuminates their worried faces.

5 fire arrows from the plains, 1 burnt carpet, 1 burning peasant roof, 3 misses/harmless.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 pm

William stood up from bed, alert, after his bodyguards had told him what was going on. He turned to the two militia near him. "Get men together to put out the arrows blazes! If anything hits let me know. I will get the rest of the men together to track down whoever these bastards are. Get moving!" William quickly put his armor on, while he told his page to send for the knights including Ealdred and Blackwood.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Sigurd salutes in excitement, "I'll get the militia together to put out the fire sir." and rushes off to the barracks. Halga bows quickly "The regulars will be ready for you in the yard in five minutes milord"
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 pm

"Thank you, Halga." William finished preparing himself in armor and went into the yard where the regulars stood waiting. The occasional fire arrow flew past and stuck into buildings but as the drill yard was largely sheltered by buildings with only narrow cracks between them, none hit William or the men assembled there.
"OK men, we want to take them out as fast as possible, and with little casualties. Form two ranks, keep shields out, and cover the man next to you. See that group right there," William pointed to the group of enemies straight ahead through a nearby crack in the surrounding buildings, "We will charge them first. Get into your positions!

Last edited by Sir Arceon on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Halga glances over to the gamekeepers house, the thatch roof is ruined, but the blaze did not consume the house. The militia stand concerned, several are covered with soot. Sigurd waves at the party unsure. "Milord, one arrow came from five different directions," Halga begins: "Me and will saw three spots of light suddenly show up out there beyond the village, half a moment later the arrows came and the light is gone. The militia are ready for your orders milord, but where do we go?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Rebache (Continuous)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next