Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC - Thread

Go down 
+7
DiabloDude
ScholarOfTea
Aldric of Marleons
Zero of Laria
Saeros
Iskar
Azlanek
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

OOC - Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:03 am

Concerning your note about having to take over my investigation, Iskar, I recommend finding some way to chain the next Silvermist recruit to his chair. Thus he/she/it can't abandon us at inopportune moments.

In fact, I think I have some spare chain around here somewhere...oh, those are wrapped around a skeleton. I should check this closet more often...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:27 am

Now I finally know where Calrence vanished to...

Anyway, good idea, I'll keep the chair/investigation warm for possible newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm lurking around here too if you guys need me Wink Nothing seems to be happening that would require my attention (I think), so I guess my character is just doing paperwork and stuff from the several month mission/absence.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:17 am

Iskar wrote:
Now I finally know where Calrence vanished to...

Anyway, good idea, I'll keep the chair/investigation warm for possible newcomers.

I'll have you know those bones belong to the old grandmaster of the Clarion Call! A great man...er, I mean, yes, it's definitely Clarence. Yup. Totally Clarence...

Caranthir wrote:
I'm lurking around here too if you guys need me Wink Nothing seems to be happening that would require my attention (I think), so I guess my character is just doing paperwork and stuff from the several month mission/absence.

I feel the need to note that you're the grandmaster. It would be your prerogative to determine whether or not you need to enter the field to help Iskar. And I think we both know it's much funnier to watch him. The only thing missing is a bunch of comically annoying secondary characters screwing up his plans as he runs around Laria. *cues Yakety Sax*
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:46 am

Hmm...tempting. Good thing the training my order put me through made me immune to all kinds of temptation, I mean seriously. Otherwise Iskar would be soo screwed.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:38 am

Good thing I control all NPCs of Singal... It's always nice to have a working balance of power resp. terror Wink
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:57 pm

I was just thinking about getting 300 men of idle spear militia to Laria and have them run around the city to that yakety sax music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 am

I have looked into the issue of how fast the spearmen could reach Laria. According to the German Wikipedia (cf. "Eilmarsch") soldiers with 25 kg baggage each can maintain an average speed of 7-8 km/h over a time of at least 3,5 h. Since our spearmen don't have to carry any proper baggage (they march from one base to another) and their equipment is pretty light (they're militia), I should think that the above numbers would apply to them, too.

So, if the adjacent hexes are around 50 km away (resulting in Pendor spanning around 500 km in every direction, which seems to be reasonable) they might be able to reach Laria at Dawn: Marching 30 km (3,5 h), then having a break (0,5 h), then marching the remainder of around 20 km at a slightly lower pace(3 h), thus reaching Laria around 6:30 - 7:00 a.m. (The riders were sent out in the evening and should have reached the castles around midnight.)
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:18 am

Orbis may help you with that. It's customizable and you could choose a terrain similar that of Laria's surroundings. Köln to Bonn, for example (25 Km), should take 0.4 days (= 9.6 hours) in "rapid military march" during Autumn, on foot.

EDIT: although you should take in account that roads were not well developed there, since they already had the Rhine to transport people quickly. At least not as good as we expect that Sarleon roads are, being so close to the capital.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 am

This ORBIS site is hilarious, thanks for pointing us to it, Saeros. Very Happy

However, based on the fact that a decisive walk corresponds to a speed of around 5 km/h (something everyone of us would be able to maintain over a certain period of time) and that thus the march from CCAA to Bonna would take around 5 h instead of nearly 10 h, I think the unit of "days" used by ORBIS implies that the authors expect the travellers to rest at night, resulting in their data to be double the value one would obtain for a simple march without resting half the time. Since 10/2 = 5, this would comply with the expected result.

Still, I would recommend we use this site for getting an idea of travel times in Pendor for future events, taking into account that the times given include half the time resting.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:42 am

I don't know why Orbis considers 5 Km/h as quick march. This is an average human walking speed. Perhaps they are considering a whole legion of heavy infantry. If this is the case, we should raise the average for pendorian standards, and also add boni for dawn and eventide horsemen, silvermist woodcrossing, dragon crusing snowy steppes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 am

Since the option says "Quick military march", I guess they are considering a company of legionnaires with their rather heavy equipment including armour, shields and gladii made of iron/steel as well as several hastae, camp equipment and portable wooden stakes for makeshift fortifications.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

Don't forget flour, a shovel, a hammer, and a cooking pot Smile

Romans: the ultimate backpackers...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 am

Would our rangers on the roofs spot the gauntlet detachment before they reach the district?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:32 am

Before they reach the slums? Yes. Before they enter district 11? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:34 am

Wait, the riot is in 13 and 12 exclusively or in 11, too?
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:07 pm

...I just realized something. If Arundel is still in the city...that means I'm still in the city. I know I'm preparing for war (or being lazy not helping with the riot), so...that means, theoretically, I could be participat...

Bloody time stream, my sense of time is all mixed up. @_@;
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Ah, no, my bad. I just forgot Arundel was with you. I'll replace him with another one out of my "1000 well sounding NPC-names discount pack".
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 am

Regarding the post in the main board:

Quote :
Palta! Tiris Koryali, Tuuva Nivyali!

Palta = Spread out

Tiris = Watch

Koryale = Surrounding

Tuuva = Find

Nivyale = Leader

-i instead of -e is plural. I honestly did not bother with the declination...

(All from Quenya, used as substitute for Noldor language. Silvermist officers know basic Noldori to communicate in such situations without the enemy knowing what is being said.)
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 am

I have not seen any effects from paying the Reds to help us yet. I hope it has not been forgotten?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 pm

No no, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Quote :
Edward suffered a fatal wound, but he should be fine.

Sorry couldn't but help to chuckle at this. Fatal wound would suggest he was already dead, that is some impressive medicine the Noldor have Razz
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 1:11 am

Errr... I was assuming it was a fatal wound by this.

Azlanek wrote:
It is Edward. His chest is covered in blood, as is one side of his blade. He is unconscious. A blood trail leads deeper into the woods.

I mean his chest is covered in blood. And not all people die from fatal wounds. And you're damn right the Noldor has some pretty impressive medicine. They're the Noldor.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:04 am

To Aranor: What Iskar said to the ranger on the roof (Lempe Hilya) is quenya (our surrogate for Noldori) for "Five follow", i.e. one squad to follow the gauntlet detachment moving off.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 am

Well...the wound wouldn't be fatal if the person survived. What makes the wound fatal is the fact that one doesn't survive it.

...Wait, what am I doing-- *is sucked into a rift in the space-time continuum*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next