Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts

Go down 
+18
Azlanek
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Slopsen
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Kamos
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Iskar
Saeros
Datedsandwich
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Mordred
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Singal as the corrupted prototype of a Free Pendorian City, is officially ruled by a council that is comprised of 7 members:
Chairman, Chamberlain (head administrator), Guard Captain, Chancellor (taxes and city coffers), Lord Patrician (commerce and mercantile), Chief Justice (Head Judge), Counsellor (In Singal a representative of the separate military, in other cities most likely a representative of the dominant order).

I would advise using this template for the other free city.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:59 pm

There are ways we can by-pass the hereditary lord issues (using a Parliamentary Monarchical model for example, where the head of the council serves for life, with or without a hereditary element, while the councillors themselves are elected).

More difficult though is how does this fit within the ducal / provincial model, particularly where its advantages are concerned as raising taxes and troops is already a power enjoyed by the Dukes. One thing I can see is allowing them to oversee their own international affairs (and thus have the power to declare war... though I am not overly keen on this), or subsidies from the crown to spare merchants having to pay tariffs when entering the city to do trade.

I think you are right that we need a legal framework in place before we do too much on the Free Cities, so we should either scrap them for the time being or determine the laws OOC (its something I was going to do in a future event.)
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:34 am

I'd say that dukes usually impose taxes, tolls and tariffs, so merchants would loose some of their profit. A free city with autonomy in this regard would enhance trade greatly, as the merchants in the council would certainly reduce these dues. Furthermore we can use the concept of Stapelrecht (staple right, i.e. merchants passing through the city are forced to present their goods in the fairs and markets of the city for a certain period of time), which greatly increases the trade volume.

As for military, a free city might be forced to maintain a standing force of citizen militia to guard the city (like late medieval halberd/pike and crossbow militia), and in case of a royal levy the city can choose to rather pay for equipping already levied troops instead of sending a levy of her own (like the smaller members of the delian league).
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:13 am

Just been reading over the outcome of the first three events, and realised I had placed Duke Alexis as the governor of the province of Ravenstern. I've corrected this in the IC Materials thread, so please take this into consideration for your own plans.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:19 am

Regarding the Free City... should we rename it to Staple City (as Calais was for the English in France), whereby all goods of a certain type must pass through that port and are subject to having to display their goods as per Iskar.

Therefore the question is which city should be staple, and for which good(s)? I think this is more along the lines of what I was looking to do with the Free City concept anyway.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am

So the duke is kept in his place of power but the merchants gain some imperial privileges such as staple rights and no royal taxes? (local taxes for the duchy still have to be paid, though I'm not completely sure about Pendor's tax system. Does the king have a tax monopoly?)
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:32 am

Yeah, looks like we're in for an era of backroom diplomacy and shady deals Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:35 am

Hinting at something Iskar?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:38 am

The throne room symbol is orange, but I cannot see new posts, so obviously mordred has introduced at least one more secret backroom.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:58 am

Iskar wrote:
So the duke is kept in his place of power but the merchants gain some imperial privileges such as staple rights and no royal taxes? (local taxes for the duchy still have to be paid, though I'm not completely sure about Pendor's tax system. Does the king have a tax monopoly?)

Yes to the Duke being kept in place.The way he collects his money is that he charges each Duchy taxes, which are in turn raised from the counties and peasants.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:02 am

Right, I will introduce this OOC-new information smoothly into the IC-meeting (after I will have had supper), so we can work with it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:23 am

We are currently working on a rough overview of the personality of each of the High Lords that will be posted up tomorrow. This should help you make decisions on titles.

I have also prepared a list of goals / ambitions for each of the lords, and these will be taken into consideration for the consequences when the proposal is submitted. This will however be kept secret, even the GM's don't know them.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:01 am

Hmm. If there is anything about Kyros that might affect the SL-event, could you inform me?
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 am

2 years? Has time went that fast? I thought this was only a few months or so after?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:31 am

8 seasons in the Meta Game have passed, so roughly 2 years in-game time.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:33 am

Aw crap...
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 am

I was actually tempted to make it 2 seasons to equal a Pendor year, which would mean more like 4 years have passed, heh. So between 2 and 4 years Razz

I suggested the Prince was about 4 when the roleplay started, and he was between 8-10 in the Arena scene, so that time scale holds up.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 am

Will we see a Prince Valdemar in PoP 4.0 ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 am

You are Prince Valdemar in 4. I was careful to keep the heir gender neutral at first, but fleshing Mordred out a little more has made that impossible.

(So basically imagine the kid as a Prince / Princess depending on which you play)
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:52 am

I like this.

Is there a possibility of a "canon" playthrough of PoP 4(and continuation of this RP, perhaps?) after these events have ended? I think we all would love it.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:56 am

Legionnaire.. that's how it is typed after all Very Happy thank you Celduir ^^
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 am

It only took me 21 years to figure that out my friend! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 am

Then i faster then you by 3 years! With you'r help tough ^^
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:05 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
I like this.

Is there a possibility of a "canon" playthrough of PoP 4(and continuation of this RP, perhaps?) after these events have ended? I think we all would love it.

Perhaps, lets wait for PoP4 to be released before we make any decisions, eh? There should be enough here to keep us engaged here for the time being. I'm using Mordred's history as the canon playthrough of PoP3, and if we reach the aftermath of PoP4, I am sure we can create a canon for that too, though I have no idea what that would entail as yet, nor what the aftermath would lead to.

Remember that the continent of Pendor has already been used in 3 distinct versions (Pendor 1, 2, and 3), and PoP4 is the first to take place on a whole new map, and considering the issues we've had creating it its highly likely that Pendor 5 and 6 will be in Amala too!
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am

Will Pendor 5 and 6 still be in Mount and Blade? I think they could work (most likely better) in a game like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (Coming soon) or War of the Roses if it's single player is adaptable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next